Next Thread
Print Thread
#46595 09/28/07 06:01 PM
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Part 4! You're spoiling us, DJ!

Putting everything else aside - here was one of the world’s richest and most eligible bachelors and he was proposing to her! To her - Lois Lane! It was unimaginable! What would Lucy think? What would Cat think?

What would Clark think?
Awww, I love how she was all excited for a minute, or overwhelmed a suppose, and then her mind turned to Clark.

Clark hesitated and she gave him a look that could pierce steel – he knew because it was boring right through him. “I spoke with Henderson,” he explained, “and one of the items, the most expensive item that was stolen, was taken from a safe deposit box. It was a three carat diamond.”
AN ENGAGEMENT RING FOR LOIS! I KNEW IT! Okay, I'm still probably wrong, but speculation is great. I love this story, DJ. It makes me so happy. It's all so deliciously forbidden.

He gave Lois one last fleeting glance as she walked into the conference room – into the lion’s den - and then he took off for the stairwell.
Yikes! Can't wait to see what his next sin is. smile Loved it, DJ.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#46596 09/28/07 07:28 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
If HoL becomes the next TOGOM, you'll hear absolutely no complaints from me. The angst is just so top notch. This part really brought those episodes to life for me and reminded me that

1. Why would Lois ever voice her job at the Planet as something that her marriage would interfere with? That always sounded so dated to me. Why would her job be an issue?

2. *sigh* I hate how the show told us Luthor was a cretin to start and presented Lois as ad doof for not seeing through him. I kind of wished that they had made us doubt somehow so we could see the validity in Lois' POV.

Now this isn't your story, I apologize for rambling so...I'm gonna quote some bits to make up for it!

In any event, whatever he felt for her, he still didn’t have the right to run out on her whenever he felt like it. Lois frowned. She was tired of men running out on her. She had promised herself a long time ago that she wouldn’t let it happen again, but yet she was allowing Clark to do it to her.

No. No she wasn’t. She had called him on it today. That’s why she had not allowed him to come over tonight, and why she was going on this date with Lex, instead of working with Clark on the story.

Punishment.
Haha. I really like this and he deserves it. Not that he should come out and tell her, because honestly I don't think the time is right. That doesn't make it any better that he's leaving her hanging so this seems like a good payback to me. smile

And given that it's no surprise I like this too:

Lois paused. His voice had a quality of desperation to it... of fear. Good. Let him worry. How dare he insinuate that the man who had proposed to her was a monster! That her engagement ring was nothing more than that man’s attempt to see what evil he could get away with. Because, of course, no one like Lex could fall in love with someone like Lois for any other reason than pure evil. “I don’t know, Clark,” she said flippantly. “I’m thinking about it.” At his hurt expression, she softened a little. “That’s all... I’m just thinking about it.” She walked away without giving him a chance to reply. She needed some space.
Poor Lois, she's mad, but I don't think it's all Clark's fault really. I think as always that there's just so much insecurity and miscommunication between them that this is bound to happen. So things are tense, even without the Superman weirdness.

Oh what new complications s will await our heroes? laugh

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#46597 09/29/07 12:10 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
DJ! Wonderful, but you've got my stomach all tied up in knots!!

I know this is a HoL rewrite, but . . . <shiver>

You've managed to make Lex even more insidious than usual--that Perry is praising him is just Wrong!!!

OOOHHH I hadn't even thought about the diamond in the ring. . . although that does sound like something Lex would want to do. . . but did he or is that diamond hidden somewhere else?(maybe at Clark's place...no, no, no, that couldn't be. Now you've got me doubting Clark--Bad DJ!!)

Loved it! More soon.

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
#46598 09/29/07 09:02 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lois is being pig-headed and gullible. Clark is being pig-headed and dense. And Luthor is taking over The Daily Planet, and on top of that, he is probably controlling Superman. Gee, DJ, you don't give us waff-lovers a lot to comment on in this chapter, eh?

Putting everything else aside - here was one of the world's richest and most eligible bachelors and he was proposing to her! To her - Lois Lane! It was unimaginable! What would Lucy think? What would Cat think?

What would Clark think?
But this is just brilliantly written! It's just so incredibly Lois! Lex Luthor proposes to her, and how does she react? She wonders what Lucy will think, and what Cat will think! (And you totally make me feel that Lois might marry Lex just to see Lucy's and Cat's faces when they find out!) But, of course... what would Clark think? Ay, there's the rub... and thus the native hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought!

She laughed to hide the baffling guilt that she was suddenly feeling. &#8220;Oh... well... maybe. Yeah, maybe,&#8221; she hesitantly agreed and then eyed the magnificent diamond ring that he still held between his fingers. It had to be several carats. It was huge! And one of the most stunning stones she had ever seen. &#8220;It is beautiful.&#8221;
Ahh gaaaaahh!!! Lex has the diamond that was stolen from the bank! It has been mounted on the engagement ring that he is offering to Lois!!!

What does that mean? Is Luthor controlling Superman so completely that he can make him steal for him??? For Luthor???

Oh wow, DJ. That's a bad situation, you know! Really, really bad. And this chapter was only part four out of eight. I guess we can't hope that things will improve much in part five, can we? At least have Lois meet with Bobby Bigmouth again, won't you, please? Maybe he can knock some sense into Lois's thick head.

Ann

P.S. I agree with Alcyone. It's a pity that Lois was made to date and agree to marry Lex after the viewers had learnt what a horrible criminal Luthor was. Lois was really made to look stupid. Well, that's canon, so it's definitely not your fault, DJ!

#46599 09/29/07 03:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I have no time.... really no time... but I just had to pop in here and thank you all for the comments/fdk so far (I haven't even had time to savor them - but I was still squeeing about them anyway <g>).

I promise when I get done doing the fam thing in a few days, that I'll be back to actually "respond." But I just had to thank you for it for now.

C-ya all soon!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#46600 09/29/07 07:30 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved the new part! I'll come back tomorrow or the next day for more comments! Possibly wild theories depending on what time I finish my homework. *g*

JD

-an undetermined number of days later-

But part of her liked the thought of making him stew a little. Let him think about how he was always running off and what it meant to be partners...
<g> It's petty, but I understand all too well.

But why? Clark was her best friend. He knew that – didn’t he?
So many ways to answer this, Lois. Maybe he knows it. But is that really what he wants? *clue x 4*

Lois stared at Lex, dumbfounded. She wasn’t ready. Not for this. Not yet.
Oooh and suddenly I know exactly where we are in the series...

He leaned forward, closing the distance between them. “The only thing you need to know about me is that I love you.”

The only thing? Hardly. She looked away from him, unsure of what to say. What Bobby had told her and the image of the black limo at the robbery earlier that day flashed through her mind.
What a load of crap to feed someone LOL.

And yes, limo, limo, limo! Investigate!

“Did you see the engagement ring?” he repeated intently.
HORRENDOUSLY interesting. But why would Lex need to steal a diamond? He could probably buy the whole mine with the change in his couch cushions...Much to ponder there...

And the sound of a bank alarm began blaring in his ears.
Hm and possibly the sound of another red K/clone/we really don't know what's going on/ encounter...RAFO!

Interesting, interesting...I don't know, Clark, would Lex use Superman to steal a diamond just because he can? He tarnishes the name of Superman and gets to put the results of the felony on Lois' finger? It's certainly slimy enough...and it would pack an even bigger punch if Lex can destroy Superman's reputation for Lois...

And Elisabeth said:

I still think Clark has that diamond somewhere.
That would be equally awesome if Lex's ring is being used to throw us off the scent...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#46601 09/29/07 07:40 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
DJ - I'd planned on making more detailed fdk [though not nearly as detailed as some of the others], but it's been like 2 days since I read this and it's 130 am and I'm wiped out but I did want to let you know that I enjoyed this and want more.

Like now.

Carol [who actually wrote a scene of her own and sent it to JoJo!]

#46602 09/30/07 02:00 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I still think Clark has that diamond somewhere.

Elisabeth

#46603 10/04/07 09:45 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Gahhh... DJ life is crazy here. I just know you are going to post the next part before I get a chance to give you proper FDK. So I'm just popping in to say I loved this part and I can't wait to see where you go with this.

~Jojo, who has no down time at work and back problems and who is crying cause everyone is posting new stuff that she can't read or review right now. frown

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#46604 10/04/07 10:07 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I finally caught up with this part, and I loved it! So many questions...so little answers!

Who has the diamond? Clark, a clone of Superman, or Luthor? And is the diamond in Lois's ring?

Hmmm...you're doing an awesome job at keeping us guessing. It did occur to me that the diamond might end up in her engagement ring, but that could also be something that you're using to throw us off the scent, as someone already mentioned.

Great job! I'm looking forward to the next part!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#46605 10/04/07 01:38 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I second Elisabeth, I still think Clark has that diamond.

I'm loving this, DJ, it's a great whodunit that's got me on the edge of my seat. Now where's part five?

smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#46606 10/04/07 06:01 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! <waves> I'm back! And ready to answer fdk. <g>

Hi Laura!

It's all so deliciously forbidden.
<DJ cringes> Oh dear... and we haven't even gotten to part 6 yet...

Hee hee... thanks for the fdk Laura, glad you're loving it!

Hi Alcyone!

If HoL becomes the next TOGOM, you'll hear absolutely no complaints from me.
Oh good. <g>

If it makes you feel any better... I agree with you on those 2 points, but I was, of course, quoting directly from the show. <g>

I'm so glad you enjoyed the misunderstandings and "complications". <g> I hope you enjoy part 5 as well... although I'm pretty sure part 6 will be your favorite. <bg> Thanks Alcyone!

Hi Vonceil! Heh heh <evil laugh> Yes, what did happen to that diamond? Hmmm??? So glad you're enjoying it. Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Ann! Poor Ann <pat, pat> No, it wasn't a WAFF lovers part. <poor thing> I did warn you at the beginning of the story, though, that this was going to be darker than most stories I post. I'm not sure how much waff there is going to be... maybe some lust...

*ahem*

Anyhoo...

But this is just brilliantly written! It's just so incredibly Lois! Lex Luthor proposes to her, and how does she react? She wonders what Lucy will think, and what Cat will think! (And you totally make me feel that Lois might marry Lex just to see Lucy's and Cat's faces when they find out!)
Awwww <blush> Thank you Ann!

Yes, things do look bad right now... whatever the truth may be... and yes, we do have a few more parts until things are resolved. Oh, and Lois will definitely be meeting with Bobby again. <g> Thanks, Ann!

Hi Jen! Hee hee... I didn't notice the "undetermined number of days" since I was out of pocket - but thanks so much for coming back!!!

Oooh and suddenly I know exactly where we are in the series...
Well, I did say at the beginning that we were between "Vatman" and "Barbarians at the Planet" but yeah, this part really narrowed it down. <g>

Hee hee... I just LOVE all the speculation! laugh Thanks so much for the fdk Jen!

Hi carolm! I'm glad you enjoyed this part. You want more, huh? I'll try to have more soon. <g> Thanks!

Hi Elisabeth! I didn't know you were reading! Hee hee. Hmmmm... you just never know. Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Jojo! <hug> I'm sorry about your back, sweetie. I feel your pain. I'm 30 and when I was 28 I found out that I have inflammatory arthritis -- and that was my first response too -- but I'm only 28! How can I have arthritis?!? <hug> Thanks for popping on to tell me that you're still loving it. <g>

Hi Symbolic! So glad you're loving it. And love all your questions with no answers. <g>

Hmmm...you're doing an awesome job at keeping us guessing.
I try, I really do. <g> Thanks for the fdk, Symbolic!

Hi Lisa! Hee hee... I'm tickled you're loving it. Part five?

Hmmm....

<looks around>

Oh! There it is! I found it!!!

Now... should I post it??? I'm awfully sleepy. It's past my bedtime. So, no promises... I'll see what I can do. laugh

Thanks again everyone for all the wonderful fdk! It was awesome to come back to. <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#46607 10/04/07 06:27 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's all so deliciously forbidden.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<DJ cringes> Oh dear... and we haven't even gotten to part 6 yet...
Part 6? What is it that makes me feel that part 6 is where we might see an overly lustful Superman?

DJ, I've got to tell you about an unbelievably embarrassing thing that happened to me when I was about twenty years old and on a visit to London. I was sitting down on the grass in Hyde Park with a friend of mine, writing something in the diary that I had brought along. Actually I was writing that there were 6 more things we had planned to do that day. Well, I have to tell you that even back then, I was a snob when it comes to how I write numbers. I don't like to write "1", so I'll write "one" instead. I don't much like to write "28" either, so chances are that I will write "twenty-eight". I will write 52,417 instead of... you get it... but I will almost never write "6". I'll write "six" instead.

However, on that day in Hyde Park, I was writing in Swedish. And in Swedish, "6" is "sex". Yup. I'm not kidding you. (Oh, and "sex", as in, well, "sex", is also "sex" in Swedish.) So anyway, I was writing in my diary - with rather large letters, as I seem to recall - Sex saker kvar att göra! (Six things left to do!) And suddenly I could feel someone reading over my shoulder... and there was a young guy standing behind me, peeking at what I had written... well, if nothing else, I'll bet he saw that I had written "sex"! (I almost died!)

Anyway, that is why it seems so appropriate to me if part six of something is sexy. And I always remember what the sixth commandment is. Thou shalt not commit adultery, of course!

So... looking forward to a fairly sexy part six of this story, DJ! laugh

Ann

#46608 10/04/07 06:31 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I hope you enjoy part 5 as well... although I'm pretty sure part 6 will be your favorite.
Aaah. I see my reputation precedes me.

What's that icon again... devil

It almost makes me want to bring out the boots...

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#46609 10/04/07 08:33 PM
Columnist
Columnist
oh Lex is gross. Evil evil.

Off to read part 5 now.

#46610 10/05/07 10:38 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ahhh!! I finally made some time to review this. ^_^ I’m sorry for the delay DJ!

Why were people always so willing to believe the worst?
Well as it has been noted previously, Lex owns most of these news sources reporting all those terrible things. Coincidence?

Let him think about how he was always running off and what it meant to be partners...
You know I probably would have been cheering this if I had read this straight from last chapter. I was so angry with Clark. frown But seeing this side, I wish she would stop being stubborn and would talk it out with him instead of throwing him attitude and talking at him about it.

It couldn’t possibly because he thought of her as more than a friend?
Don’t know if anyone pointed that out… but I think you are missing a word in this sentence. ^_^ It’s interesting to see how clueless she is about Clark’s attraction to her. frown

No. No she wasn’t. She had called him on it today.
Which I am glad of. It isn’t fair for him to treat her that way. Especially since we know why he does it and because we know the lies he is telling her.

Lois blushed. Wow. What a line. She wondered if he had practiced it beforehand.
Probably, the sleaze. I always hated the lines he threw out. Really what woman would be flattered by that? Especially in the overly acted way he did it. *shutter*

What *would* Clark think?
Come on Lois, think about why you care so much about what he thinks?

I don’t know why your cash reserves were depleted by unnecessary expenditures, though I have my suspicions.”
Suuuuuure you don’t know why all those things have happened. *rolls eyes*

Clark scowled at her. “Why should I give it up, Lois? It’s true!” He angrily snatched up a pen and began examining the document on his desk.
Tell her why you dolt. frown

“How can you be so blind, Lois? I mean, you look right at the guy and still you don’t have a clue who he really is.”
But unlike you she can’t see through walls or overhear conversations. frown Which is why you need to tell her.

Interesting part… but how long until he actually sits down and tells her the truth or she finds out on her own? Hmm…

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#46611 10/08/07 08:57 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What would his clone want with a diamond?
Oh! Oh! I just had a thought. <G> Since it's not a clone, but Clark (you're not going to shake me from this theory, DJ - unless of course we get to the end of the story and it turns out to be wrong...) maybe he's subconsciously acting out his desire to ask Lois to marry him and looking for an engagement ring...

Part of her really wanted to cancel her date with Lex tonight.
Yeah - cancel! Cancel!

She couldn’t imagine what he must be feeling right now. The people he cared about, had fought for on a daily basis, had turned their backs on him. Just like that. Newspaper headlines condemning Superman and news reports calling for him to turn himself in to the police – demanding justice – turned her stomach. Why were people always so willing to believe the worst?
This is so sad. But so typical, too. You just know that in reality this would be what would happen. Ungrateful sods.

And since she had told Clark *not* to come over tonight to work on the story... that meant unless she wanted to stay home and sulk, that she might as well go out with Lex.
What?! What kind of twisted logic is that, Lois? No, no, no. What you do is, you phone Clark back, tell him you actually meant he could come on over and to bring pizza and a movie with him for some Snuggle!Time.

Sure, she could call Clark and tell him that she had changed her mind - that he could come over. But part of her liked the thought of making him stew a little. Let him think about how he was always running off and what it meant to be partners...
Well...okay. There is that. I guess. I still think Snuggles would be more rewarding though.

When they’d been sprayed with the pheromone a few months back, he hadn’t reacted to her advances. No – quite the opposite. He had rebuffed them
Oh that stings, doesn't it? LOL! She'll take a while to get over that one.

Poor Lois. I actually feel for her here. I can understand why she wants to punish Clark, given the echoes of abandonment in her past. That's very nice characterisation, DJ. Neat.

he had gone and proposed to her.
That swine!! razz

Eeeee--yew. He's such a slimeball, isn't he? I agree with whoever it was in the last fdk folder who wanted to know what on earth Lois ever saw in the man. <skin crawls>

Lois blushed. Wow. What a line. She wondered if he had practiced it beforehand.
/me throws up

OMG!! I never even connected the ring with the diamond! Sheesh! dizzy /me eyes DJ suspiciously. I think this is a red herring. Bet it's not the same one. Nice plot tie-in to the episode though! You get points for that. But you haven't fooled me. Uh uh. Well...not unless it turns out to be the same diamond, in which case...you did.

Clark hesitated and she gave him a look that could pierce steel – he knew because it was boring right through him.
Ouch!

Things get more tangled. On to part five!

LabRat smile (having fun)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard