Hey everyone - it's been a real long time but since I am making really good time on getting this one done I thought I'd post the beginning to see how ppl liked the idea - that and to get ideas for a title since I can't seem to think of one to save my life. wallbash

Well here goes, oh and this is for the most part un-betaed, so any help that way would be very appreciated smile

Disclaimer: Not mine… either set.

Description: Lois and Clark and Stargate universes collide… Who, How and Why? And what is the outcome?

[Needs Title] LnC/SG Crossover
by Marns Rowe AKA Bumpkin
Rated: PG

x-X-x

Somewhere in the lower ranges of the Ukraine Mountains
Late Summer, 1918

Aleksandr Lotehr stumbled out of the cloying smoke amongst the trees to a small clearing he had scouted out earlier, leaving any of his fellow soldiers who might still be alive to their own fates. He was white with blood loss from his numerous wounds, most of which were on his back. He was shivering and sweating with the shock setting in, and the thin mountain summer air wasn’t helping. He wasn’t doing well - dying really - even if he only could admit it to himself.

‘Well, this was just wonderful, wasn’t it?’ Nothing like the glorious and triumphant return of the war hero he had planned and pictured for himself. No, he couldn’t think of a more ignominious end for an ambitious rising star of the Central powers than to be cut down by so-called ‘friendly fire’. He knew he hadn’t endeared himself to the rank and file with his natural talent for leadership, but there was no way he had deserved this kind of treatment. It wasn’t his fault that they were who normally paid in blood when his daring and ruthless plans came to successful fruition, was it? No, that was just the way war worked, some commanded and others died. Of course you tried your best not too lose too many at one time. It just wasn’t smart tactics to weaken your fighting force recklessly when you weren’t sure of the when, and where, of your chances for reinforcements - but there were times when you *had* to be aggressive to win. Why couldn’t they understand that? It’s not like he had been out there personally signing death warrants on them for god’s sake!

He shambled to a stop when his body finally would not go any further, and collapsed into a careless sprawl where he landed. ‘To die so soon after my twenty-first birthday and receiving my first command, it’s not fair! There’s so much more I wanted to do during the span of my lifetime,’ he lamented inwardly.

From the corner of his eye he saw something glimmer whitely. ‘One of the enemy? Here in the little grove he thought of as his personal sanctuary?’ Alarmed, he managed to turn his head enough to actually see what was happening. The glimmer that had caught his eye went from a small white light to a door-sized pane glowing brightly. Aleksandr marveled at the sight, ‘was this the white light of heaven that he had heard others speak of?’ Could he be so lucky to rate that high place, even with the way he had lived his life, because of the way it was ending?

But no, it didn’t look like that was the case. There was an outlandishly dressed man stepping through; or perhaps it would be more accurate to say falling through, the light panel and he didn’t look to be in all that good a shape himself. Not because of any trouble he might have run into because of the war, he was certainly no one Aleksandr’d ever seen the like of before that was for sure, but from something less overt than shrapnel or bullet holes. His face was blanched white and shiny with sweat, indicating he was in a lot of pain. He was also shaking like a palsied old man, and his lips were tinged blue. The blue of his lips could possibly have been because of the trouble he seemed to have with simply breathing from the way things were sounding. The fellow’s harsh gasps for breath echoed pretty loudly in the enclosed area of the clearing at any rate.

As the stranger sat attempting to regain his breath, he began to fumble at a box on his belt and after a bit the panel of light still hanging behind him wavered and shrank back down to a glimmer before winking out of existence. Aleksandr couldn’t help himself at the loss of such a beautiful sight; he made a slight sound as if to protest. The other man’s head shot up and his gaze locked with Aleksandr’s. The young arrogant soldier shuddered, he would swear that the eyes burning into his own were ‘glowing’ if that weren’t blatantly impossible.

It seemed as though his presence hadn’t really registered with the other until then, but now he had drawn attention to himself. Aleksandr wondered what the strange man was going to do to, or about, him being there and witnessing everything. ‘At least it won’t be some long drawn out physical battle, I think he’s in worse shape than I am,’ Aleksandr thought fatalistically, thanking whichever deity responsible for even that small favor.

Then the other spoke, his voice startlingly loud and strong for the ill-health he otherwise displayed. “Tau’ri, tell me, how are you injured?”

‘Wha?’ Aleksandr was spooked. ‘Okay, that wasn’t exactly the question he expected, but he could work with it.’ “Flesh wounds… t’ m’back mainly…. either goin’ t’ bleed out or….. wounds’ll go bad…. hopin’ for the first… se’n the sec’nd, s’not pretty.” He managed to get out the pertinent details, but he was beginning to fade. He really wished he had more energy. When his companion spoke again, all he could do was lie there and blink in disbelief - he didn’t know if he should be more stunned, consternated, or angry at the nonsense he heard. It also didn’t help that the man uttering the nonsensical words seemed to be gritting them out through clenched teeth, like they were the last thing he wanted to say at all.

“What would you say if I were to tell you that I could cure you, no scars left even to show that you had ever come so close to death? All you would have to do is consent to be the host for another life form.” Aleksandr snorted his incredulity, and affronted, the other man said, “You don’t believe me? Consent and I’ll prove it to you without a shadow of a doubt.”

Feeling cold and very tired suddenly, Aleksandr just nodded and then let the encroaching blackness spirit him away. He never felt it when the other man tended to the majority of his wounds, cleaning and binding them. One large cut high on the back was only cleaned of any debris which might impede healing, it was otherwise left alone gaping open.

x-X-x (tbc...)

Marns
~pobody's nerfect