Next Thread
Print Thread
#46511 09/25/07 04:53 PM
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Mercy! Mercy! Sigh, how romantic. Please let there be more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#46512 09/25/07 07:39 PM
Kerth
Kerth
ACK! That was wonderful, romantic, and then... wallbash Don't let Clark off the hook that way...let's see a part 2! Lois doesn't give up! laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#46513 09/25/07 08:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This should be called, "Why Mercy is going to fail her exams."
There should be a double title of "One reason why JD is going to snooze through Contemp Art tomorrow" laugh

Anyway, I loved it! I flashed back to a scene from Superman Returns, which I enjoy. And there's a little bit of concern for Superman's well-being which is a bit of a relief for Lois' well-known hero worship LOL. It's perfect of course, but i could never stand her Greek God fixation. And of course Lois isn't afraid to travel up so high that she can't breathe. laugh I think I'll refrain.

Great job,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#46514 09/26/07 08:10 AM
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Loved it--especially the last sentence. I would love to read more!

#46515 09/26/07 03:45 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I don't have time for more than some very short FDK right now, but that was amazing. I love how this fic echoes of both Superman the Movie with Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder (the amazing flying scene, where Lois seems to fly on her own) and Superman Returns with Brandon Routh and Kate Bosworth (where Lois stands on Superman's feet as he's flying). You are a superb writer, a language-artist, and your insight into Lois's and, yes, Superman's characters are wonderful. I so hope we will see more from you in the future!

Ann

#46516 09/26/07 06:15 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Laurach: Awe, thanks. blush

groobie: Ha ha, you're right. He's gonna have to pay for that one. devil I have some ideas for a "Her World" but no time at the moment. We'll see...

Shadow: Thanks for reading! I guess karma balances in the end, because I've definitely been distracted from Real Life matters by your stories. laugh No complaints though.

Yeah, I was trying to show that Lois recognizes Superman's "human" side, even if she likes to think of him as a "Greek God." I think the association is apt: the Greek Gods certainly had weaknesses, and they were known to sweep a mortal off her feet every now and then.

Angie: Thanks! I almost left it off, actually, but I thought it brought things around nicely. Gotta love Lois' tenacity!

TOC: Yes, I definitely drew inspiration from the scene in SR with Lois and Clark above Metropolis. I was also inspired by the times I've flown into major cities at night. It really is magical.

#46517 09/26/07 10:35 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Loved it loved it loved it and can't wait to read more from you!

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
#46518 09/26/07 10:43 PM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
This was gorgeous, Mercy! You really have a gift for language, and I could picture every moment. Beautiful!

Caroline

#46519 09/27/07 04:52 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I was going to say this was gorgeous, too, but then I found that C. stole my word! smile But it really was, Mercy. Thank you for sharing.

Lisa

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#46520 09/27/07 05:55 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Okay, you don't fool me for a second.

It is fairly obvious that you are a seasoned writer on the boards masqurading under a secret identity. First fic post? I don't think so! The quality of writing gives you away. It is far too gorgeous for a first-time poster. "The quality of Mercy is not strained." laugh

Speaking as a person who rarely reads LnC fics anymore and who is a little tired of "I'm Looking Through You" re-writes, I have to say that you sucked me in and swept me off my feet! I am hooked.

This is so clearly not destined to remain a lonely little stand-alone. It's crying out to be a real boy - er, multi-parter. laugh

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
#46521 09/27/07 03:44 PM
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Mercy where are you? I've been holding my breath for days and I am turning blue. Please more soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#46522 09/28/07 07:56 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sammy: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Caroline: I'm glad. I always worry about how much detail to inject into my stories...

Lisa: Hey, no complaints for having your baby called gorgeous more than once. smile Thanks!

Lady_Mirth: blush That's a high compliment--the writers here are amazing. The best I've encountered online, fanfic or otherwise. Actually, I've posted another piece on here before, back in February. (This is the only one I've finished since then, but you wouldn't believe how many lay abandoned on my hard drive. frown ) It's a real shorty, called Found .

Laura: Well, it only took me 7 months between my last story and this one, so I guess you could expect a sequel around... Seriously though, I've started a sequel and I'll probably finish it this weekend, when I'm desperate to procrastinate.

#46523 09/28/07 10:28 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
That was absolutely wonderful. I loved it!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#46524 10/05/07 09:09 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just got around the reading this one. I loved the idea of him taking her high up and giving her air. ^_^ Nice set up and follow through! Thank you for sharing it with us. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard