Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#46282 09/17/07 05:43 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, this is an idea I've been toying with. Is it worth considering?

How will Lois react when she sees a super strong man appear in the news, able to set fires with his eyes?

What do you all think?

#46283 09/17/07 05:59 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think Superman/Clark will wish he'd never, ever visited that club. smile1

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#46284 09/17/07 05:59 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ooh - I like the idea!

I realized it was kryptonite all along in the bracelet, but it didn't occur to me it was red, hehe! Nice one. smile

I'd love to see both Lois's reaction - and Clark's to this. He's bound to flip out something rare. I hope you write that so we find out!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#46285 09/17/07 06:14 PM
Columnist
Columnist
hyper You have to keep writing this!

wildguy Maybe this little guy will encourage you! laugh

I knew the stones in the bracelet were red K fairly early on, but only because I've been playing around with the idea of writing a story with red k in it. They could have done so much more with it in the series, IMO.

I really hope you continue this, I can't wait to read more!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#46286 09/17/07 06:21 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh I love it. Love it. Love it. Love it. Perhaps I'm too repetitive, but this was such a tantalizing snippet. More please!!

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
#46287 09/17/07 06:28 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Shayne, I don't have time to comment now, but I love it! Love it! Love it! (Hmmmm... did Alcyone just say that? If so, I just need to repeat it!)

Even if you don't write more, I'll love this snippet to bits, but I do so hope that you will write more!

Ann

#46288 09/17/07 07:12 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by ShayneT:
How will Lois react when she sees a super strong man appear in the news, able to set fires with his eyes?
Lois was 16 plus the 13 years means she is 29. In the show they gave Lois a dob in 1967
"TEMPUS, ANYONE?" A gravestone. And chiselled on it: LOIS LANE, 1967 - 1993.
1967 +16 +13 = 29 = 1996
So Superman is 3 years late and nightfall and such have already happen.

So where is Clark? And did he have a Red K and Alcohol blackout or is he longing after a Lois Lane he met once???

Did he stop nightfall without inventing Superman or ???

Framework4
#46289 09/17/07 11:16 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
All I can say is . . . Oh Wow! eek

Write more PLEASE grovel

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
#46290 09/18/07 01:33 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
This is great, Shayne. I know you have more in you, let's have it! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#46291 09/18/07 01:47 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooooooh. The others are right, Shayne - this is just begging to be continued. Wonderful and very intriguing!

More? Please?

LabRat smile

PS - Lisa - ROTFL'd at your sig line. One of my favourite comedy series, although you remind me I haven't watched any in ages. (Something to be sorted, obviously). That was one of Baldrick's finest moments of misunderstanding, I always thought. (Only slightly superceded by him carving his name on his bullets so that the 'bullet with your name on it' would never hit him.) LOL!

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#46292 09/18/07 06:10 AM
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Ditto... this begs for more!!! Please!

Jo

#46293 09/18/07 06:53 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You definitely have to continue this! It looks like the beginning of a really interesting story!

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
#46294 09/18/07 07:10 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow am I dense even after the daughter saw the red K bracelet I was still wondering how Clark managed doing that with the green one LOL. Ok I am a little slow but finally I understand red K. 13 yrs later so she is 29. So when do they meet already? Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#46295 09/18/07 10:54 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Continue writing this? Heck yeah!! I am completely intrigued with this set of circumstances and am dying to know how this will play out. Pleaseohplease write more. Soon. Very soon.

Hutch

#46296 09/18/07 04:41 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Shayne, I have to agree with the previous posters. This is a story which is begging to be filled out. Like, how Lois's education was thrown completely off track by her unexpected pregnancy, how her guilt about never finding that hot young man and telling him he was a father, about her battles with her parents over whether or not to keep Lisa and how she'd raise a child when she wasn't able to support herself and how often she cried herself to sleep because she'd screwed her life up so irrevocably, about her struggles to get an education and find a job that paid enough to live on and -

And what about Clark, who doesn't even know that he has a daughter who's inherited his special abilities, who has no relationship with her and who will have to walk over coals of superheated Kryptonite when they finally find each other in order to make up for his not being there for either of them, who may or may not be Superman (I think he's not, since Lois hasn't made the connection with him yet) and who may have married someone else (like Rachel Harris, or ick, Lana! or double-ick, Mayson!) and might even have a family with that woman and -

You get the idea. I've been through this situation as a parent (like Sam and Ellen), and if you need to hear the horror stories, just shoot me a message. Both Lois and Clark have done tremendous damage to themselves and to each other. And together they've done a horrible thing to their daughter. And the tragic part is, none of the three of them really knows how bad the situation really is.

I know they didn't mean to, they weren't planning on having a baby, they weren't even in total control of themselves when they conceived this child, but blast it, they're responsible! And I want to see them fight through thirteen years of not knowing, not communicating, not fulfilling each other and living separate lives and having put down roots apart from each other. You think TOGOM (and all its variants) was full of angst? Hah! Not a patch on what this story could be.

Sorry to rant, Shayne, because this is a beautifully crafted vignette. Your writing is so economical and powerful, conveying the maximum impact with the fewest possible words. I like everything you write and reading anything you've written is always a treat, including this story. But there's just so much that you left out! Please, please consider fleshing out the story. In fact, this could stand as the prologue of a wonderful journey of mutual exploration and acceptance and learning for all three of them. Besides, how else will Superman come to be? And how else will Lisa learn of her heritage?

I look forward to the next posting on this story. Hi ho, chapter one is on the way!

Right?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#46297 09/19/07 03:08 AM
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
All I can say is . . . Oh Wow!

Write more PLEASE

I'll second this!!

thanks!

rkn
#46298 09/19/07 05:46 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Seeing her daughter pick up the three hundred pound couch easily and carry it through the back yard convinced her that it was finally time to face the truth.

Her daughter wasn’t completely human.
*snort* pmsl rotflol

Would love to see this one continue.

All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
#46299 09/19/07 11:37 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You MUST continue this!

It has immediately gone to the top of my must-read list.

It was wonderful.

#46300 10/19/07 05:31 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
“I’m sorry,” Lisa stared up at Lois, and for a moment she reminded Lois of the sweet child she’d once been, before she’d entered this rebellious phase.
Wow another superb premise,Shayne!!! (I love this line about the sweet child... ) thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard