F
"Coming of Age" By Stopquitdont

hyper party

Wow, delightful, wonderful, moving.

Framework4
#46239 09/16/07 02:09 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I found this story on the archive last night and dropped everything to read it right away. And what a pleasure it was!

Meeting teenage Lois and Clark was a joy, seeing them having to deal with immense problems and growing up way too quickly was heartbreaking, yet finding out what wonderful adults they have become was a pleasure.

A rollercoaster ride with a perfect ending. I loved Lane and his outlook on life, thanks to Clark's and the Kents' wonderful upbringing!

Lois has come such a long way, from a teenager trying to do what's best with the options her parents gave her, to a mature woman who truly wants to right her wrongs from the past, ready to give up her career to get to know the person(s) most important to her.

I am so glad Sam and eventually Ellen too came around. Almost like a fairytale yet so very realistic. I am in awe,

Natascha (who really wants to join in with a hug)

#46240 09/16/07 04:21 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I read the whole thing last night and I just wanted to drop a quick note to say how much I loved it. I'm a big fan of elseworlds meetings, and while I ususally don't like kidfic, I loved Lane to pieces! This was totally well written and believeable. smile Thanks so much for sending it up to the archive!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#46241 09/16/07 06:14 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This is the kind of story that totally fascinates me. After following Lois Lane and Clark Kent/Superman for thirty-eight years, I've come to the conclusion that these people are like two protons in orbit around each other. Protons will always repel each other, except then they get really, really close. When that happens, they suddenly grab on to each other so hard that it may not be possible to ever separate them again!

When I read LnC fanfic, I always want the attraction between our favorite reporters to win out over the repelling force keeping them apart, of course. Nevertheless, I'm always aware of the possibility that this Lois and this Clark may circle each other at a distance forever and never get close enough to actually get together. But if they do make contact - which I so dearly want them to, of course - I want sparks to fly! And honestly, I really don't mind if pieces of their clothing fly as well! To me, the attraction between these two people is like a force of nature, and I love to see their attraction overwhelm them.

And, yes, I love if Lois gets pregnant as a result of this overwhelmingly, superhumanly strong attraction between them. I do find it very interesting if she gets pregnant not because she and Clark have gotten married and bought a house and prepared a nursery and made themselves ready for parenthood in every way, but because the overwhelming attraction between them just made it happen. And then I love to see them deal with the consequences.

Stopquitdont, Squid, has written many stories about unplanned or unmarried or just plain different pregnancies and parenthood situations for Lois and Clark. These stories are all excellent, so why don't you check out Squid's stories in the Archive?

One thing that horrified me in this story was Sam and Ellen's reaction to Lois's pregnancy. Imagine telling your daughter that you won't let her raise her "bastard" child in your home! The morals of some people. I was very glad to see that Sam and Ellen finally came around.

This was an excellent story, Squid! clap clap clap

Ann

#46242 09/16/07 10:27 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I can't remember how I found the story last night (besides it being on the archive) and MAN was it good!!!!!!!!!!

I can't express how much fun I had reading it and it brought tears to my eyes. That hasn't happened for a while.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#46243 09/16/07 11:17 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by TOC:
And, yes, I love if Lois gets pregnant as a result of this overwhelmingly, superhumanly strong attraction between them. I do find it very interesting if she gets pregnant not because she and Clark have gotten married and bought a house and prepared a nursery and made themselves ready for parenthood in every way, but because the overwhelming attraction between them just made it happen. And then I love to see them deal with the consequences.
I second that totally
smile1

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
#46244 09/16/07 11:22 AM
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
I read your great story yesterday and again today! Oh, I love it! I hope to have few minutes tomorrow to give you a long comment, but for now... WONDERFUL! Thanks SQD!

Simona smile

#46245 09/16/07 03:52 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I just finished reading. Excellent, excellent story!

#46246 09/16/07 03:53 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I just finished reading this story, and I, too, thought it was amazing. Thanks for sharing, SQD!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#46247 09/16/07 04:35 PM
Columnist
Columnist
WOW!

I had a couple of emails tonight about this story, but I didn't expect a whole thread! clap This was especially welcome today. I've had one heck of a weekend! cat (My 9 year old son had an appendectomy this afternoon- I've been at the hospital for 12 hours playing the waiting/praying game.) So, this was a great surprise!

Thank you all for reading and for commenting. Give me a few days and I'll come back with more detailed thank yous.

Again, thanks a lot. I needed this tonight.

SQD (or Squid as Ann has renamed me wink )

#46248 09/18/07 04:48 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I'm reading the story at the moment (almost done), but before I forget or the boards goes down again I wanted to leave you some FDK!!

And the first thing that came to my mind was: wow what a beautiful and very emotionel story!!
I'm enjoying every moment of it!
Plus Lane just seems like the sweetest boy wink

Just going to read the end now!! laugh
Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#46249 09/18/07 09:00 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I am so bad. I started this over lunch but was enjoying it so much that I couldn't stop reading it, so I brought it up at my desk while I was working, and I read it in two minute bits for the rest of the day. (Because L&C is totally finance related, of course!) Suffice to say I loved it. I'm always a fan of Elseworld stories, especially yours, SQD!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#46250 09/22/07 09:08 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
I love this tale. I was just rereading it slowly tonight. It is delightful. Some things are covered with a quick sentence or two that spark mental pictures.

I kept picturing Perry's face when Lois handed in her two week notice.

I would have loved a scene where Lucy, who was staying with Lois off and on in early season one walked in to find Lois & Lane. Keep picturing that scene too.

As I read the scene at the Planet I so wanted to see Cat's face. She does not appear but that didn't stop from picturing Cat's reaction to meeting Lane.

Framework4
#46251 09/26/07 12:29 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I absolutely loved this story. Sweet, touching and beautiful. What a wonderful tale. thumbsup

Andreia smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#46252 10/04/07 11:35 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Just finished it today and I really really loved it. I love Lane nuts and I love vulnerable Lois and understanding Clark.

This couple was so made for each other. Perfect story.

I want more. laugh

#46253 10/05/07 10:35 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, liked it!
It's good that I don't have to work this week, because after I started to read I only stopped when I had to. laugh
Cool story clap

Kathryn
#46254 10/05/07 01:14 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Wow! More feedback! dance Thanks so much to everyone for reading and commenting on this one. I've gotten a ton of feedback on this story. It was fun to write, difficult, but fun.

SQD(who say the trailer earlier and thought I might need to start writing more)

#46255 10/07/07 05:44 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting. Or to say it with a smile clap

They didn't end up in Metropolis with CK having 2 full-time jobs. And I don't think there too many stories that have them end up in Smallville.

I must say, I definitely didn't see that one coming. At least not till Lois got sick.

And Lane seemed quite mature for his age. Or so Lois. Waits until he feels safe (even though he might not know it) to blow up.

On a side note: Is it just me or is there a sudden influx of teenage LnC beginnings out there on the boards. Not that I'm complaining.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#46256 01/02/08 09:21 AM
Blogger
Blogger
It's my first post here and probaly my last wave - Thank you for the inspiration^_^

-Kloklo

Aurea Mediocritas
#46257 01/02/08 10:01 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by kloklo:

The what makes a man was.... Clark was an A** there but what happened to him was unfair. mad
OMG! That is the worst fic I've ever, ever read! Not badly written or anything, but it upset me immensely. I couldn't sleep for 2 nights after I read it! Every hair on my head leapt to attention when I read that line Henderson says to Lois that sets the scene... I wanted to stop right then but I knew my brain would never let it go so I pressed on. And I still wish I hadn't. When the situation is reversed and something like that happens to Lois it doesn't bother me for some reason, but I can't handle Clark suffering any kind of physical damage.

HORRIFIC! mecry

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard