Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Wow! That was a fabulous ending to a fabulous story!

I loved the piece that Clark wrote, it was very well written. And I also loved their petty revenge on Claude--everyone has a little pettiness in them--even Superman.

If I wasn't feeling so lousy (nasty head cold), I'd leave you better fdk, but I really shouldn't even be on the computer now. However, I saw this on the boards and just had to read it. Thanks for making a really horrible day better.

That was a truly wonderful ending!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh yay! It was a very nice wrap up from the results of Claude's theft and into the future. I really enjoyed reading your story!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story! thumbsup Perry probably saw Lois hands on the story and thinks they are a great writing couple.

Letting loose a howl of laughter now that Claude had left, Lois grabbed him and rested her forehead against his spandex clad forearm. “You, my husband,” she said very softly, “are hysterical.”

“That felt good,” Clark sighed and looked around at the nearly empty street. “That creep deserved more than the mild jokes we played on him all those years ago.”

“I love you, Superman. But don’t tell my husband.” she said very quietly.

“I love you, Lois Lane, student from Metropolis High,” he grinned at her. “But don’t tell my wife.”
eek They got married?

confused We don’t know what the Kent reaction to new relationship?

confused We miss the creation of Superman?

hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Laura! I was so glad that you posted but hate to see this wonderful story come to an end!
Two weeks later, Lois Lane had her dream job at the Daily Planet.
What? I wanted to know what Perry thought about Claude publishing Lois's story. DId he know?
Unfortunately her fabulous, flying boyfriend was also unemployed. Clark had been set to resign despite the story, but before he could even hand in the papers, he had been fired. When he had talked to the principal, Doug Scott had been apologetic but unrelenting. Scott knew that nothing untoward had gone on, but the facts were there and his hands were tied, he had said. As much as Clark wanted to argue, he knew he couldn’t. Because in his heart of hearts, he knew Lois had stolen his almost from the beginning.
Though nothing happened, why did they fire Clark?
Clark, upon hearing the news had been delighted and angry that Lois had risked her dream job with some silly stipulation about him.
There Clark goes, putting Lois before himself again.
When Lois had expressed her disbelief, Perry had waved it off, saying that they were out one news reporter and that he knew she had potential. Too shocked to think clearly, Lois found herself arguing against Perry before she clammed up as reason smacked her in the face. Finally, all the while thinking Perry White was a little unwell in the head, Lois accepted, but on the condition that he consider Clark as a candidate as well. Perry had balked at the suggestion, but after a few minutes of a full blast of Lois Lane charm, Perry had caved and agreed to look at a piece of Clark’s writing.
But upon hearing the news, he sat down by his ancient computer and called up a Microsoft Word document. He had been the editor of his college paper and had minored in journalism, but he had always thought his true calling was teaching. Now, the prospect of paying the rent with his words alone loomed large, terrifying, and exhilaratingly in front of him. He wrote for hours, only moving to replenish the cream soda by his keyboard. Finally, when Lois returned from work that day, he hemmed and hawed for one nervous moment before Lois simply moved past him and pulled up the document to read herself.
Now, Clark gets to tell the world his story and get them to understand that he is not the "indecent teacher" that they probably thought he was.
But now Lexy Hartness was awaiting trial and the drugs had been all but cleaned out of Metropolis High. Beth Warner’s parents had the sort of closure they had all but given up hoping for and Lois had her sexy English teacher.
Justice!
“I haven’t taught at a high school and learned nothing these past years,” Clark had breathed into her ear. “Prepare yourself; this is going to be very, very childish.”

And with that, his eyes glowed red. Lois watched in fascination, but Clark shook his head slightly and motioned for her to watch Claude. He was looking at Claude’s feet. Claude started fidgeting and then a moment later he hopped a little. Lois swerved her head to Clark and then back again. Now Claude was outright howling, clutching his feet and hopping wildly on the sidewalk. The girl he was with fled while the other people on the sidewalk gave him a wide berth.
Loved it! Claude has no idea what...burned him! I can't imagine Superman being so...devilish. rotflol I guess, too, that Clark has had to hide his powers for s long and to do little...devilish things...like this is just a way of freely trying out his powers, sort of kid like.
“Ms. Lane!” Claude had said, reaching to kiss her hand. “It’s been far too long.”

A long dormant anger stirred in Lois, but she calmed enough to look him in the eye. “Hello Claude.”

“I seem to remember you as a green reporter, but look! Here you are at the Planet,” Claude’s eyes flicked over to the stand. “It was a fine paper in its day.”
Why does Claude try so hard to belittle Lois. He is a creep! I guess that's what keeps him feeling good about himself.
Claude nodded, but Clark gave Lois a wink and turned his face into a frightening mask of anger. “You had better hope you’re not lying, Mr. Malfois. If you didn’t remember, I can always tell when someone is lying by their heartbeat.”

Clark’s hearing picked up a nearly inaudible “tell me about it,” from Lois and he had to fight to keep the smile off his face.
I love how Lois and Clark (Superman) form an alliance and conquer Claude...and the world. This Superman and this Lois (who has not been sexually taken advantage of) are different. Superman has a kid-like side to him and Lois eggs him on. I like it.
Letting loose a howl of laughter now that Claude had left, Lois grabbed him and rested her forehead against his spandex clad forearm. “You, my husband,” she said very softly, “are hysterical.”

“That felt good,” Clark sighed and looked around at the nearly empty street. “That creep deserved more than the mild jokes we played on him all those years ago.”

“I love you, Superman. But don’t tell my husband.” she said very quietly.

“I love you, Lois Lane, student from Metropolis High,” he grinned at her. “But don’t tell my wife.”
<Happy sigh> Finally, they are happy...together... A relationship unlike the one that Clark had with Lana. I believe that this time, he is really in love, and it is different.

This was fabulous, Laura! Thanks for everything you put into it!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Columnist
Columnist
This was a great story from beginning till the end. And you showed us real love without destroying what Lana and Clark had.

Loved it. thumbsup

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice job. Cute ending with all the little pranks on Claude. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just wanted to let you guys know how much I appreciate the comments. smile

Symbolicangel-- I'm so sorry you had a horrible day. Feel better and I'm glad I had a tiny part in making the day a little easier.

JD-- Thanks! I'm really glad you took the time to read and leave feedback! I really appreciate it.

MAF-- Hi! laugh Yes, I am terribly busy with school. That's why I'm a little hesitant about the whole end of this story. I felt it was a little rushed. I'll try to edit it and make it a bit better a little later. But I'm very glad you liked what I came up with. Thanks for reviewing!

Sheila-- Thank you so much for your kind feedback on all these chapters. They brightened my day considerably. smile

Tahu-- I'm glad I managed to accomplish it. Thank you!

Laura-- Glad you liked it.

Everyone--thanks.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Merriwether
Merriwether
Now that I can access the boards, I would like to post what I wanted to yesterday.

I'm home from work today - I'm feeling a little under the weather, but your fic has left me in a better mood.

I read the whole thing today and I do feel bad I didn't leave FDK on each chapter, but I shall for the last one.

Clark had been an incredibly calming influence on her, she reflected. Had she been the BC (Before Clark) Lois, she might have very well tracked down Claude’s apartment and let loose a pit bull on the inside. Or she might have published an expose on STDs and the poor souls who have them, while inserting a large photo of Claude as the dominant item on the page. Anything to retaliate and to make him feel the same anger she felt that day she opened the paper and saw her story with his byline.
HEHE. That sent a giggle through me!

The pranks pulled on Claude were great! I'm glad they were able to get back at him.

It's too bad that Clark got fired...too bad he wasn't allowed to just quit.

Thanks for the lovely story!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Such a wonderful ending to a great story!!

Since you did such a good job I'll pull out some of my "nice" little friends just for you!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Normally after such a project I'd say you deserve a break, but since you're back in school, I'll just send a bit of a vacation along to you this way: [Linked Image]

Now for the story:

I loved Clark's article <snif> it was so touching and wonderfully introspective. I also loved Lois editing it.
“You do realize that up until a few weeks ago, I was the one editing your papers?” Clark said, leaning against the wall. Lois had spent quite a lot of her time over at his place since Claude had broken her story and now they existed in a sort of easy companionship.

“Yes, and your spelling and grammar is flawless,” Lois said, giving him a brilliant smile over her shoulder. She highlighted another whole chunk of text and started typing furiously. “But you’re no good at these puff pieces. Hard news is your thing, I can tell.”
[Linked Image]

“I haven’t taught at a high school and learned nothing these past years,” Clark had breathed into her ear. “Prepare yourself; this is going to be very, very childish.”
You know--every teacher out there has a fantasy something like this--being able to put to good use those things we pick up from the kids--but have to act like we really disapprove. . .

“H-how, Superman! How did you know my name?” Claude took a half step backwards as Clark took one forward.

“I’ve made it a priority to find out Ms. Lane’s friends,” he said lightly. His voice hardened somewhat. “And the people who have ever wronged her.”
<snort>

“You don’t want to find out what happened to the last man who wronged Lois,” Superman half turned to Lois. “Who was that guy again? That jerk who snubbed you in the hall in eighth grade?”

Lois turned her snort of laughter into a cough and quickly nodded. “Yes. But you might be confusing him with the guy who turned me down freshman year when I asked him to the dance.”

Superman scowled. “The swine! Metropolis General Hospital probably has room for him in the new Superman Foundation wing. I’ll be sure to …visit…him. Call the hospital and tell them to make room for one more, all right?”

When Superman turned back from Lois to Claude, the man was gone.
[Linked Image]And I can just see Clark keeping a straight face the whole time. . .

Wonderful.

Have a great school year and don't forget us--we make a great excuse to not do your homework!!

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Laura I am so sorry that it took me so long to finish my fdk on this story (and that I missed leaving fdk on a couple of parts).

This story had such a fun, fresh and different take on how they met and fell in love and I really enjoyed it.

Her whole "wanting to faint thing" when Clark told her, was hilarious! As was her indignance at his x-ray capabilities. Hee hee.

I loved the pranks they played on Claude - too funny!

And probably my very favorite part of this epilogue was this:

“You had better hope you’re not lying, Mr. Malfois. If you didn’t remember, I can always tell when someone is lying by their heartbeat.”

Clark’s hearing picked up a nearly inaudible “tell me about it,” from Lois and he had to fight to keep the smile off his face.
I LOVE that "tell me about it" from Lois. Sheesh! Could you imagine? Someone that could detect the slightest change in your heartbeat? Or the pupils of your eyes? You'd never get away with a fib! LOLS!

Anyway, thanks for a fun ride, Laura. I really enjoyed it and I just had to tell you.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard