Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
And then he stepped back across the room and floated three feet off the ground.
Well! How is Lois going to respond to this? Will she rub her eyes in disbelief? Will she scream? Or will she accept him for who he is, but acknowledge that it will take her some time to get used to the fact that he can fly etc.

I think I like the last option best, personally. laugh

Anyway, I loved this part, Laura. I know I've said that about every part you've written, but that doesn't make it any less true. smile You're a wonderful writer and you draw me in every single time. Amazing. smile

“Then I’ll go with you,” he said.
*sigh* I want a Clark. Can I have a Clark? Please, Laura? grovel

More soon? Is Part 14 written yet? Is it? Is it? *bobs up and down and up and down and...well, you get the picture*

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Laura, this is great!
“Stay,” he breathed. His nose just brushed the apple of her cheek as his lips barely skimmed the soft skin. Lois shivered at the contact, the unfamiliar sensations both compelling and frightening. She backed away a half step, but he moved up again, this time effectively trapping her knees against the sofa.

“Why don’t you stay?” he asked in that silky voice, a rumbling growl. Her mind was having a rough time figuring out that herself as her fingers brushed his shoulder completely of their own violation.
OMG...who could resist that sexiness?
She’d just rest her eyes for a few minutes before she had to take a cab home. A ground rumbling scream of thunder crashed through the house, and she instinctively curled her arms more tightly against the pillow.

As her exhausted body floated on the down comforter—floated was the only word to describe it, it was absolute bliss—Lois let her eyes drift shut.

Just for a moment.
Lois has reached another level of trust with Clark. This was a really big step for Lois.
Clark wrenched his eyes open, the overhead light piercing and glaring. His heartbeat still stuttered out a nervous staccato in his chest, and with a groan, Clark rolled over to look at the clock on the wall.

Five thirty?! He snapped to attention. Had he really fallen asleep? He had only closed his eyes for a second. It had been a day dream—or the nightmare equivalent of—nothing more. Still, the clock on the wall ticked on, resolutely displaying 5:33 a.m.

Clark stumbled off the sofa and pushed open the door to his bedroom. Had Lois left? But no, he could still hear her heartbeat as a muted background noise. And there she was. Unprepared, Clark’s heart violently constricted inside his chest at the sight that greeted him. She was curled up on his side of the bed, clutching his pillow tightly to her chest. His shirt swallowed her, as did the sweatpants. Her breathing was deep and regular, her hair a tangled mess.
And Clark has reached another level of trust with Lois. She has to be the first woman to spend the night in his home...in his bed...since Lana.
Tomorrow he would move the bundle to the smaller storage closet where he kept his luggage and the other boxes of Lana’s things. He let out a shuddering breath and nearly jumped out of his skin when he felt a small hand on his shoulder.

He turned, the tear track still glistening along the side of his face. Lois stood in front of him, her hair tousled. She glanced back to the spot where the frame had once sat on the nightstand. He didn’t know how much she had saw, and he knew she had no idea of the true significance of the moment, but the soft look in her eyes told him she understood.

Wordlessly, she pulled him into a hug and he held on tight. His throat was suddenly too tight, but it didn’t matter. She stroked her hands over his back, soothing him as a gasp ripped from his throat.

For a long moment, neither spoke nor moved. Clark stepped back a little and looked down at the ground, a lock of hair falling across his eyes.

“Thank you,” he said hoarsely.
Lois has helped Clark to finally close a chapter of his life that he seemed to keep reading over and over, and start a new one. He needed that little nudge and a promise that there is a love out there for him, and it's Lois.
“You’re not really going to go, are you?” he said quietly. His voice sounded strained and it broke Lois’ heart.

Running her fingers restlessly over his, Lois stared at their fingers as she spoke.

“How can I stay?” The thought of leaving Clark wrought physical pain as her stomach wrenched, but she had made a promise to herself. There were things she had done that she wouldn’t forget, no matter how long she lived. She had almost ruined this man and no matter what he thought, she wasn’t able to forgive herself.

Clark brought up a hand to stroke her hair as his eyes frantically moved across her face. The stillness was cracking between them, as unwanted logic and tension returned.

“No,” he said roughly. He brushed his lips against her cheek. “No, you can’t leave.”
Clark, poor baby, is still begging Lois to stay.
“Then I’ll go with you,” he said.

Her breath caught in her throat as she half turned toward him. “Excuse me?”

“I said I’ll go with you,” he repeated. His brown eyes were quite determined behind the wire frames of his glasses. “If you won’t stay, I’ll go.”

Something between a frustrated scream and a laugh escaped from her mouth. “Clark! I’m leaving to get away from you. I don’t deserve this.”

“You don’t deserve what?” Clark took a step forward and Lois turned complete around to face him. “You don’t deserve a chance to be happy? You don’t deserve a chance to love?”

“I ruined that.”
And Clark wants Lois to know that he wants to be with her at whatever cost. He is willing to give up his existence as he knows it for a life with Lois, because without Lois he would only be existing. I think his longing for Lana has passed.
“I need you, Lois,” he finally said. “Somehow you’ve become this huge part of my life. I’d very much like to take you on a proper date. Anywhere you want.”
There he's said it... What Clark wants doesn't get any plainer than that.
“I… I’m about to tell you something that I have never actually told a human being before. There are three people in this world who knew, but I never actually made the conscious choice to tell any of them. One found out by accident and the other two… well…” Clark paused, aware that he was babbling furiously. “And… You see, I’m trusting you with this information. But it’s yours to do what you wish with. If you never want to see me again,” his eyes closed briefly in pain, “I’ll understand. I will not bother you again. But if you choose to… accept it… I hope you’ll understand that I’m giving you my heart. This level of trust, well, let’s just say it’s been ingrained in me to never give it up.”
Yes! Tell her now so that it doesn't become an issue later. Lois will accept Clark, unlike we've known Lana to do.
“I can fly.”
“If you’re going to all of this trouble, well, I mean… I’ll stay.” Her eyes suddenly grew a little worried as she released him. “It’s okay, if I stay, right? I mean I know you said it was, and you obviously were at the edge of lunacy if you were expecting me to believe you can fly, but…”
“Lois, I was serious,” he said.

I'll bet this left Lois speechless!

Okay, Laura, we want to see how Lois handled this. I know that she'll accept Clark. I hope that Lois realizes how much love and trust that Clark gave up to share this part of himself with her. This is Clark showing Lois that he doesn't want any more emotional hiding. All of the cards have been played now.

Well done, as usual!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Columnist
Columnist
wow another great chapter and I am so happy that there will be more. smile1

I hope Lois won't scream.

Can't wait for part 14.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm a bit pressed for time, so you'll have to forgive me for making this short, but...

“Lois, I was serious,” he said.

Yes!!!!! Yes, yes, yes!!!!

During all my years as a "Lois and Superman" fan I have so needed him to be honest with her. And I have so rarely been able to forgive him for his lies. This... this is so courageous, and Clark is making such a commitment to Lois. I loved this, in particular:

“And… You see, I'm trusting you with this information. But it's yours to do what you wish with. If you never want to see me again,” his eyes closed briefly in pain, “I'll understand. I will not bother you again. But if you choose to… accept it… I hope you'll understand that I'm giving you my heart. This level of trust, well, let's just say it's been ingrained in me to never give it up.”
He is telling her that he is giving himself to her completely, now that he is telling her his secret. At the same time, he tells her that his secret is

yours to do what you wish with
He is trusting her completely. Oh, Lois. Please understand what he's giving to you.

Now I'm fervently hoping for a positive reaction from Lois. And then, of course, I want to see what they are going to do with themselves, with their feelings for each other, with Lexy and the Rosettes, with Clark's powers, and with their own future.

Come back soon with more, Laura!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
jawdrop OMG! How could you leave us there! Wait, don't answer that! As a person who likes to write evil cliff hangers, I know all too well. wink And that was a great one!

He turned, the tear track still glistening along the side of his face. Lois stood in front of him, her hair tousled. She glanced back to the spot where the frame had once sat on the nightstand. He didn’t know how much she had saw, and he knew she had no idea of the true significance of the moment, but the soft look in her eyes told him she understood.

Wordlessly, she pulled him into a hug and he held on tight. His throat was suddenly too tight, but it didn’t matter. She stroked her hands over his back, soothing him as a gasp ripped from his throat.

For a long moment, neither spoke nor moved. Clark stepped back a little and looked down at the ground, a lock of hair falling across his eyes.

“Thank you,” he said hoarsely.

Lois nodded. The thunderstorm had stopped sometime during the night and it left a rare silence in its wake. Her voice would sound loud and harsh in the beautiful stillness. She looked down at Clark’s hands. He was holding them to his stomach, pressing them deep against the fabric of his shirt. Her hand snuck between them and closed over his, gently detangling it from the cotton material and his other fingers. “It’s okay,” she finally whispered to him.
Sorry to quote all of this, but I loved it. There is such a...certain feeling to this (it's almost 2am and my brain is mush and I can't come up with the right word, but I wanted you to know that this part moved me).

I really liked this part--I think that it's one of my favorites yet. There was sadness, wit, and tender moments all packed into this part. It was truly awesome.

Now I'm going to take my mushy brain and fall into bed.

BTW, I won't mind if you pour out 3000 words in one sitting again. The result was wonderful.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Kerth
Kerth
I loved the whole part with Clark reflecting on Lana - finding closure with that relationship so he could think about moving on to the next. Very touching and well written! I nearly cried as he wrapped up the picture frame in her dress. And, once again, master of the cliffhanger! I hope you'll be writing during your Labor Day holiday! laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The master of the cliff-hanger, indeed! Saying goodbye to Lana was pretty touching. And Lois, the guy's begging you to stay! You don't say 'no' to him!!

Now Lois had a full out laugh building. “Oh Clark, I thought you were going to tell me you’ve murdered a man or something,” she pulled his stunned self into a hug. Her giggle was bubbly champagne spilling down over them. “If you’re going to all of this trouble, well, I mean… I’ll stay.” Her eyes suddenly grew a little worried as she released him. “It’s okay, if I stay, right? I mean I know you said it was, and you obviously were at the edge of lunacy if you were expecting me to believe you can fly, but…”
*snort* Just you wait, Lois...

Great part, looking forward to more!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! drool Beautiful!

“I’ve lost my chance at the Planet,” she tried again.

“There are other newspapers,” a feather-light caress smoothed across her temple as he spoke and his breath tickled her face.
mad The Planet or nothing.

“No! That’s not it. I meant,” Clark paused, trying to put his thoughts into a semblance of order. “I mean, all these years I’ve separated myself. I didn’t want to fall in love. But you’ve barreled in and broken down all that protection, Lois. Like it wasn’t even there at all. That’s what I meant. No matter how much you try to shut it out, love doesn’t respond to any self erected barriers around the heart.”
hyper Clark how good you are on flying and swimming?

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Talk about being swept off your feet. Hmmm, I hope she takes it well. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard