Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
So how soon till Clark retrieves Lois's wet tape for her?

Claude had the advantage of actually having the only non waterlogged recording of Lexy admitting her crimes.
rotflol rotflol
Which he can't use without proving that he stole Lois's story!

I’m going to leave Metropolis, Clark.
Oh good. How about a sequel where they BOTH leave and travel the world together? Some events can occur that place Clark in a position of lying to Lois or telling her about himself.

He can decide to be honest, expecting her to either reject him or like Lana to ask him to never use his abilities. Lois does neither and together they can invent Superman.

Since Claude stole Lois's gunrunner story when she was 21 and in this fic she is 23 they can spend a little time traveling and grab hold of the evil that is Lex Luthor from the other end of the world and follow it back to Metropolis.

Along the way it would be nice if they write a few books and did some hard hitting international stories.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, Laura! Another fabulous chapter! I've been studying most of the night for a test tomorrow and I needed this break. So imagine how excited I was to see this update!

I don't have much time for my usual proper feedback, but I'm still with you!
This officer seems to believe Clark, somewhat. He gave in to him and his defense. It's almost as if he knows that there is a big hole in these allegations. And, even though Clark and Lois aren't as close as we all hope that they will get, Clark already has a connection to her. He can feel that she is in trouble.
O’Brien gave Clark Kent a hard look as soon as he finished his story. He had dutifully recorded the conversation, but in his own opinion, the man was innocent. It was all a strange situation, really. He wasn’t sure of the protocol for such a thing. But if they could get that Lane woman in to collaborate with Kent’s story, the man should be off the hook. But it wasn’t his place to let Clark Kent know that.
I knew it! This guy is apparently one of the few good and honest cops in that police department...besides Henderson. party
“I’m going to either go back to school for a new degree or I’ll try free lancing articles for a while to get me back on my feet.” The thought of leaving Metropolis and Lois knotted Clark’s stomach, but also served to strengthen his resolve.
Lane and Kent can partner up at the Daily Planet instead. Wouldn't it be poetic justice for both of them to replace Claude?

Well done, Laura! You're all that and a bag of chips! Not so long for the next part...ay?

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh good. How about a sequel where they BOTH leave and travel the world together? Some events can occur that place Clark in a position of lying to Lois or telling her about himself.

He can decide to be honest, expecting her to either reject him or like Lana to ask him to never use his abilities. Lois does neither and together they can invent Superman.

Since Claude stole Lois's gunrunner story when she was 21 and in this fic she is 23 they can spend a little time traveling and grab hold of the evil that is Lex Luthor from the other end of the world and follow it back to Metropolis.

Along the way it would be nice if they write a few books and did some hard hitting international stories.
Wow! I love Patrick's suggestion!

One thing that bothered me from the beginning of this fic is that Clark and Lois are not equals. But if they were to travel together, discovering the world together, they could also work out their own feelings for one another and decide together what they want to do with their lives. They could learn to trust and rely on each other in a way that could be truly wonderful. And they could invent Superman together.

However, Laura, I'm not trying to suggest that this would be the only acceptable way of ending your fic. Goodness, no! (Although I do think that it would be the best way of ending it! laugh )

No, but I really appreciated how you made Lois realize how badly she had treated Clark. I felt, after that, that there is hope for them as a couple, which is something I haven't really felt before.

I thought Clark's accusation of her came too quickly. He should have asked her what had happened, why she was soaking wet and why her shoes were missing, before he asked her anything else. But I liked the way Lois stood up to him. She is on her way to becoming his equal if she can stand up to him when she is right about the thing they are discussing.

I also still like the fact that Claude saved Lois's life, but I agree with everyone else that Claude nevertheless needs to be punished for his role in this.

Anyway, it seems as if you have decided to take Clark out of the teaching business. Good. I don't think that teaching is the best profession for him, certainly not if he is going to be Superman. Imagine all the lovestruck teenaged girls mooning over him and perhaps "spying" on him as he is trying to change into Superman and fly off to do heroics. How long would it take before his secret was blown?

I want him to be Superman, and I hope that Lois can help him become a man who will use his powers in public to help others. It's time for him to stop being ashamed of what he is, and I hope Lois can help him become comfortable with the person that he actually is!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
I loved it but I am late for work because I couldn't stop reading.

And I love the sentence "like hell you are" smile1

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ahh, Laura. Another amazing chapter. *sigh* I adore this story! laugh

Well I’m telling you now, Clark Kent, I’m sick of being immature. I’m sick of focusing on myself and my career only. I’m going to leave Metropolis, Clark. And you are going to stay here and have the life you deserve.
Lois is growing up. Yay!

I just loved all of this part. Especially Clark's reaction to Lois saying she was leaving. drool They are so perfect together. smile

More soon? Please?

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Columnist
Columnist
Wonderful part! I especially liked how it ended. wink

I'm definitely voting for more kissing! I like how their argument/talk took place during a thunder storm--nice touch.

Can't wait to read the next part!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
C
Blogger
Blogger
C
Yey he kissed her!!!! I hope this means he's given up any foolish idea of leaving and staying away from Lois! I know this stories not over yet, but is there any chance for a sequel????? Please???

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I only have a moment here, but wanted you to know that I really liked this chapter!

And I LOVED the kiss!!

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! drool Take a swim on that tank of water and safe the evidence, identification and shoes.

“Look at me, sweetheart.”

Her voice broke a little. “I’m not your sweetheart. And I heard what you told me earlier. You were prepared to move away, just for me. Well I’m telling you now, Clark Kent, I’m sick of being immature. I’m sick of focusing on myself and my career only. I’m going to leave Metropolis, Clark. And you are going to stay here and have the life you deserve. I’m just sorry I muddled it up so badly.”

Clark took a step back. “You’re leaving?”

Lois nodded.

“Like hell you are.”
thumbsup Love it!

blush I can't image Clark saying “Like hell you are.”

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Could they be any worse at communicating?
Hah, this very well sums up the past couple of parts. I love this line! I can't believe Clark accused her of calling the cops on them both. I know Lois has been working undercover, but please, Clark, get with the program.

And you left us at a killer cliff-hanger! Most excellent!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Kerth
Kerth
Loved it!!!! More, more, more! thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
No time to comment, except to say that I'm still here.

Maria, companies pay dividends to those who have invested in the company when they make a profit. So, he is saying that his work combined with hers will be profitable.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Laura, I apologize in advance for no quotes, but I stayed up obscenely late tonight to read this part since I knew it was already posted and now I'm too tired to keep my eyes open.

They are AWFUL at miscommunication - sheesh! They couldn't get any better at it with any amount of practice - good grief!

But I thoroughly enjoyed the part and I love Assertive!Clark almost as much as Protective!Clark -- and so I loved his last statement "Like hell you are" --- Ooooooh, yummy!

Can't wait to find out what she has to say to that (if anything - personally if the man I loved said that to me before giving me a mind-blowing kiss, I don't think I'd be able to put two words together <bg>)

And I can't wait to find out what Perry is gonna think of Claude - and if Lois & Clark end up working together at the Planet or if you have something else up your sleeve for them.

And will Clark take her to Smallville?

And will he kiss her again? Or will she kiss him?

And will Lexy get her just desserts?

I'm here... I'm waiting...

I'm impatient. wildguy

<g> -- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey guys, I appreciate the feedback. smile

Patrick-- Hmmm... that's an excellent idea. However my muse just ran off and added in a scene I wholly didn't expect into chapter 13. It might add a few more chapters onto this story and I don't know how well it would work with yours. But though it still might, actually. I'll have to give it some serious consideration. Thank you. smile

Sheila-- Hey! Your feedback is always appreciated and always wonderful. Thanks so much for quoting some of your favorite parts. I'm really glad you liked the chapter. I was just relieved to get them back together and talking. Sheesh, I really disliked writing them apart. But the road can't be wholly smooth... devil

Ann-- Actually I wholly agree with this statement:

I thought Clark's accusation of her came too quickly. He should have asked her what had happened, why she was soaking wet and why her shoes were missing, before he asked her anything else. But I liked the way Lois stood up to him. She is on her way to becoming his equal if she can stand up to him when she is right about the thing they are discussing.
He changed tempers very quickly. I'm definitely going to edit that bit before I send it off to the archive. If you can't already tell I wrote both those parts in very different moods. I'm afraid it spilled over on my characters a little too much.

It's time for him to stop being ashamed of what he is, and I hope Lois can help him become comfortable with the person that he actually is!
I feel like I should add a "Amen!" to this. smile I agree.

Thanks so much for your comments. For all your misgivings in the beginning, I'm very glad you've stayed on to continue reading. I appreciate it very much.

Tahu-- Sorry I made you late! Goodness, I do that a lot, too though. I start reading fan fiction and I look at the clock after what I think is five minutes and I realize a whole half hour has passed! I hope everything is okay at work, though. But thanks.

Anna-- Hey! Thanks so much.

More soon? Please?
Heh. Ask and you shall recieve... The muse struck hard tonight.

Symbolicangel-- Hey! Glad you're still reading and glad that you liked this part! Thanks so much for everything.

ClarkLovesLois-- Sequel?? *falls in dead faint of exhaustion* I'll have to see. wink Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you're reading.

Vonceil-- Yay for the kiss! I'm glad you liked it. I was sick of them being apart.

MAF-- Mm... I don't know why, but I can picture Clark saying "to hell you are" very vividly actually. But that's more of a daydream run very amok. blush Thanks for the feedback.

JD-- Hey! They are terrible at that thing called communication... but I appreciate you taking the time to review. Thanks!

Groobie-- Thank you!!!

Elisabeth-- Thanks for explaining and I'm glad you're here.

EDIT: DJ! You snuck in here while I was posting!
Your feedback always makes me laugh. smile Thank you. I'm glad you like Assertive!Clark. Mm... he's a favorite of mine... And I agree. Stringing two words together might even be too difficult.

And will Clark take her to Smallville?

And will he kiss her again? Or will she kiss him?

And will Lexy get her just desserts?
I sure hope so. smile Thanks!

Thank you everyone... and um... well... I'm posting chapter 13 now.

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard