Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
LAURA! You know, we threatened you to make you post and then here we are again...in a pickle...

I just cannot put into words how wonderfully this story is flowing together. You are doing an awesome job.
Ten minutes later, Clark found himself in the back of a police car, having only vague memories of acquiescing in a state of shock. He was being brought in for questioning? For indecency with a child? But Lois was 23! And they had hardly even begun anything indecent.
Poor Clark. This is all so foreign to him. He doesn't know what to do...being on the other side of the law.
But besides the physical aspect of their tumultuous relationship, he’d never sit and find out what made her tick. He’d never find out her favorite movies. He could never buy her a Christmas present. He could never celebrate the holidays with her in Smallville. The list went on and on and Clark sunk into his seat and a further state of depression. He could wriggle himself out of this situation, he thought dully, if he just told what he knew and admitted that Lois was 23 and had been consenting.

It’s what a smart man would do. Hell, it was what an idiotic man would do.
Smart, but blinded by love...and loyalty. In spite of what has happened between Lois and CLark, he still willing to do whatever it takes to protect her.
“Is this you and your student?” The man looked somber and Clark’s heart slipped a little down his ribcage. How did he respond to this? Lois’ cover relied on it! This story meant the world to her, that much was obvious. A bitter pang shot through his body at the thought that she would sacrifice their love and him for a mere job. But even though he might be justified in ratting her out, it wasn’t his story to tell.
Clark need to investigate how those pictures came about and put Claude in his...habitat...once and for all.
“With all due respect, officer, it isn’t my place to answer that question. If you could bring in the woman in question, a Lois Lane, I would like to leave the explanation up to her.”

“You’re skating on thin ice as it is, Kent. What makes you think I’m going to sit here and wait for some girl to show? So you can see her and intimidate her into lying for you?”

The heat in Clark’s gaze cooled to a dangerous level of frost as he squared off against the police officer.

“I would never, not in a million years, force Lois to do something she didn’t want to do,” Clark spoke in a deadly level voice. “And I would never expect her to lie for me.”
Clark continued to be honourable at the risk of ruining his career, just to protect Lois.
“You can stay in this room. I’m locking the door,” The man hesitated and shifted from foot to foot. “I’ll try my best to get a hold of this girl and bring her in so I can talk to her, ok?”

“Don’t frighten her.”

The officer rolled his eyes. “You’ve got bigger problems than that, buddy. Make any wrong moves and you’re locked in the slammer for the night, got that?”
Still, Clark's primary concern is Lois and her well being.
“Lois, ma cherie, we meet again.”

“Claude?!”

“The one and only. In a bind, are we?”
A snake can always slither its way around water. Hopefully Lois is thinking..."Hm? What a coincidence?"
“Yeah, because I gave into your pathetic whining,” The officer, whose badge read O’Brien, said. “Now get up, you’re answering these questions whether you want to or not,” the man opened the door and pulled Clark out by the arm. “Honestly, I don’t know why I gave you a shot. Guess I thought you were different.”

“Just find her,” Clark gritted out. “She’s in trouble!”
This officer seems to believe Clark, somewhat. He gave in to him and his defense. It's almost as if he knows that there is a big hole in these allegations. And, even though Clark and Lois aren't as close as we all hope that they will get, Clark already has a connection to her. He can feel that she is in trouble.
“Okay, I’ll talk to you. But I want you to know that I’d have this any other way. But I need to be out looking for her,” his voice broke slightly. He didn’t know why he felt so certain she was in trouble, but ever since the possibility had occurred to him, it hadn’t relinquished his nerves.
Though very guarded, Clark had to compromise...some. Somehow I think that Lois is going to understand and Claude is going to be the one with his head under the guillotine (hopefully).
“Clark Kent? Why do the police have Clark? Is he okay?”

Patting her shoulder sympathetically, Claude tipped her chin to meet his gaze. “My source tells me that they have him in on suspicion of rape.”

“Rape? What? Are you kidding? Clark would never do anything like that.” Lois paused and glared at him. “Why are you lying, Malfois? What are you trying to pull?”

Removing Lois’ hands off him with a disgusted sweep of his arm, Claude looked at her coldly. “Perhaps the charge isn’t rape. Did you think about what else it could be? Perhaps the charge was indecency with a child. Someone underage. Do you know the legal age of consent in Metropolis, Lois?”

A horrible suspicion was dawning on Lois as Claude spoke.

“You mean… you can’t be talking about me. I’m 23-years-old! Clark knows that!”

“Does he now? Well the authorities don’t, Lois. And I can’t imagine he’s happy to be dragged out of bed to be questioned. Do you honestly think he will ruin your cover? That man is an overgrown boy scout and he adores you.”

“No…”

“I talked to my source at the police office. Kent’s refused to be questioned until you come to the station. Word is they’re going to lock him up for good if you’re not there.”

“I…” All thoughts of her story and her tape recorder fled her mind. “I have to go.”

As Claude watched her sprint across the field, he grinned and held up his own pocketed recorded. “So do I, Lois. So do I.”
Think about this Lois. Claude knows just a little too much. But you did the right thing. Go to Clark and save him. I don't see how Claude can win from this since the authorities are going to find out that Lois is legal.

Laura, Brava! You're all that but I'm going to save the bag of chips as a bargaining tool for the next post. Besides, your head is too big...we've filled it with nonsense about loving your story. peep

Loved it!
~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Can we please lock Claude in the water tower?

Looking forward to more!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
Another awesome part!

Lois should have learned how to float...you know, just in case she ever got thrown in a water tower. laugh

I love how Clark only blew her cover when it meant her safety. He is such a boy scout. And I can't help but wonder what in the world Claude is up to. It can't be good. I second that on locking him in the water tower. Can we, please?

clap This was just great! Can't wait for the next part!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Columnist
Columnist
More, more, more.

this was another great chapter. Loved it.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Police procedure is not your strong suit. I urge you to get some help redoing this section prior to sending it to the archive.

Delighted to see Claude be the one to rescue Lois.

I hope he is running with his story. It is clear that this time in your AU it is going to blow up in his face.

Oh and while her recorder may be toast those little micro-cassettes dry out fairly well. If she can recover her purse she should be able to play the tape on another unit. I used one for a decade or so, till I switched to a digital last year.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Police procedure is not your strong suit.
That's the truth. But I'm just writing this for fun, so if things are a little improbable in that sense... I'm not going to stress too much about it.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I can't get over the fact that Lois came uninvited to Clark's - her teacher's - apartment at 10 p.m., dressed as a hooker. And I can't get over the fact that Clark let her in and responded enough to her to kiss her in this situation.

Because I am a teacher myself, I can imagine what the gossip would have been like in our staff room, if Clark had been a teacher and Lois a student at my school. We would have tsk'ed and shaken our heads at both Lois and Clark. We would have said to ourselves that unless Lois was a victim of seductive wiles on Clark's part, she was a pretty shameless girl who would be lucky to get a good life for herself in the future. And as for Clark, we would have said that he wasn't fit to be a teacher. And if we later learned that Lois was an undercover would-be reporter and twenty-three years old, we would still have thought that she was shameless and that it reflected badly on Clark that he had fallen for her. If we learned that they had gotten married, we would probably shake our heads and say that we used to think that Clark was such a nice person. How appearances can be deceptive.

My point is that as a teacher, I find it really serious that Lois decided to seduce Clark in such a hooker-like fashion, and I find it serious that Clark responded to her as much as he did. I know that if this had happened at my school, most of us teachers would have had little or no respect for Lois and Clark. I want a happy ending for this Lois and Clark, but if those two had been a teacher and a student at my school, the condemnation they would have faced from a lot of people here wouldn't have made a happy ending easy to come by.

Unusually, I put most of the blame on Lois. This irritated me:

She had hurt him so very badly with her admission without a thought to the way it might play out in his mind.

But he had hurt her too, the little voice in her head spoke up softly.
No, I don't believe that Clark has done anything hurtful or blameworthy to Lois. He hasn't been pursuing or wooing her. He lost his cool and his professionalism when he kissed her late in the evening in his apartment, but it was really mostly Lois who created that situation. I don't think Clark has done anything to Lois that he needs to apologize for. So it's basically Lois who needs to shape up and grow up very, very much. She is really acting like a baby when she is telling herself that Clark has hurt her, all of her twenty-three years notwithstanding.

Anyway, I was glad to see that Claude saved Lois. It will be interesting to see what part he will play in the last two chapters of this story. And I very much hope that Lois will manage to put a stop to Lexy and the Rosettes, and that she will get Clark off the hook.

As for the love story, I remain hopeful. But you need to do more to convince me that this Clark and this Lois can be a happy couple.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

I'm in shock! wildguy

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok, huh 1. Or Claude is going to use the recording to make believe Clark rape an under age unless she drop the investigation to him. Her identifications are swimming on the water tower.

huh 2. Or use the recording to make Perry believe she gave her investigation and discredit Lois on the way.

huh Lois is suppose to be a wise kid, a pit bull at that age.

MAF cat

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
For the first time since he had been hauled away from his home to be questioned for a crime he had not committed, he felt a frisson of anger. He marched to the gate and grabbed the bars.

“Did you find her?” he called to the man flipping a magazine at the end of the row of cells. “Is she okay?”

The man didn’t even flinch.

“Where is she?” He said a little more loudly. “Is she safe?”

The man licked a finger and turned the page disinterestedly.
Argh! This made me mad! mad I hate when people ignore me the way he is doing to Clark.

“Sir, I think she’s in trouble. Why else wouldn’t she be at home right now? It’s late and she’s alone in the city,” Clark roughly ran his hand through his hair. “My God, please let me go look for her.”
Clark is really naive if he thinks they are just going to let him out...

As Claude watched her sprint across the field, he grinned and held up his own pocketed recorded. “So do I, Lois. So do I.”
What is he going to do with that? I have no idea!

That is one great part. Can’t wait to see where this is going! Post more ASAP!!!

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Inside the water tower, Lois’ arms and legs were burning with the exertion of treading water. She had swum to the side of the tower, but her questing hands met cold, flat steel. She knew there had to be a ladder in there somewhere, but its exact spot was eluding her.

She shivered at her reality. Locked in the tower. She couldn’t tell if she had her eyes open or closed. It was a terrifying sensation, lacking one of her key senses. Lois was keenly aware of just how heightened her other senses were. She could smell the tang of the water sloshing around her. Death by drowning. She had read about it… it was supposed to be horrible.
This part reminded me of “The Ring”! lol… It must have been terrifying for Lois. I’d be screaming “HELP ME” none stop. Clark would definitely hear me!!! Not for the I am going to die sensation. Just for the being alone in the dark!

Kerth
Kerth
I just joined the party, reading everything there is so far. Non stop. And around here, it's nearly quarter past two in the morning. Great story! Absolutely. (*points to Laura's sig*: Already signed up.) I'll be back with more feedback. In around... 20 hours. I guess. smile

Mellie

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great job! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
Only two more parts left? I'm waiting to see how you wrap this up...I've enjoyed it immensely so far! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Two more parts is debateable. I just wanted to send this note out to apologize for the delay. School's started and things have been hectic to say the least. I haven't gotten a chance to start on chapter 12 yet. But I *think* I should have some time tonight to sit down and write hopefully.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Kerth
Kerth
Okay, I'm back!

Since I don't intend to post in each of your FDK-threads for this story, forgive me for wrapping things up just a little.

First of all, I feel really honored that you decided to stick with my suggestion for Claude's family name. razz But Perry should see through that. After all, he didn't become editor in chief because he can yodel... And maybe Clark will start there, too? Metropolis so needs its hottest team in town!

Thanks for this brilliant story!

/me puts this story on her personal list for the next Kerth awards... hyper

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Still a very compelling story and I still look eagerly forward to the next part, but I'm not sure where this is going. The time of night coupled with Lois' attire and the fact that she is still his student present a very damning case against Mr. Kent, regardless of Lois' actual age and status. Plus, with Lois short on evidence, that puts her in a precarious position.

I wasn't quite sure what Claude was saying that he had. Did he also record Lois' conversation with Lexy? That gives him a plausable story--Lois came to him knowing she was over her head and partnered with him.

I'm a little annoyed with him for rescuing Lois. It's a bad attitude; I know. But I hate it when bad guys do good guy things.

Of course, the alternative isn't any better. Sorry to disagree with you, Ann, but it wouldn't be any better if Lois died later. laugh

As for the future of Lois' and Clark's relationship, I'm not sure about what their prospects are. They certainly aren't building on a very good foundation--all they have right now is desire. Given enough time, they could probably get on better ground--but they only have two parts left!

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry it took me so long, Laura. I've had a busy week.

*ahem* -- no more excuses...

He could wriggle himself out of this situation, he thought dully, if he just told what he knew and admitted that Lois was 23 and had been consenting.

It’s what a smart man would do. Hell, it was what an idiotic man would do.

Then why had he allowed himself to be dragged into the cop car and driven to the station? Why wasn’t he gripping the wire separating him from the front seat and yelling himself hoarse? Clark couldn’t summon the energy. He stared moodily out of the car window, his face periodically illuminated by the yellow light of the streetlamps.
Awww - Clark is adorable! And poor baby... and I love the scene you paint here with the light of the streetlights... nice.

Mmmm... unconditionally... what a nice little word. And I snorted at the reference to "romance novels" - LOL

He hoped he hadn’t overestimated Lois’ esteem for him.
Definitely not... he just overestimated her ability to get to the police station right this moment. <rolls eyes> Just when she was in need of rescuing...

CLAUDE!!! Claude is going to save her? <more eye rolling>

Actually I kind of like this angle. I mean, we all love to hate Claude, right? But what if he wasn't quite the evil villain that he seemed? I've secretly plotted and sketched a story in which Claude didn't exactly steal Lois's story... and that's all I'm gonna say about that (in case I ever do finish the darned thing -- and before anyone runs me out of this thread on a rail <snort> and because I don't want to sound like a self-promoter in someone else's thread... forgive me, Laura...)

Okay, moving on... getting back to fdk...

Anyway, I liked that you had him doing a good deed - nice twist on his otherwise tainted character. <g>

Lois paused on the ladder and squinted up at him. “Are you dumping a body?”
Oh god! I totally cracked up and laughed out loud at this - too funny.

He leaned his weight against the wall, idly imagining the repercussions of flicking the wall with his pinky and sending it flying. It was a nice little daydream, he though with a ghost of a smile flickering across his face.
Ha ha ha - Laura these little thoughts are cracking me up. laugh

It meant that she was going around stealing the breath from the men in Metropolis left and right and he wasn’t…able…to…protect…her.
Okay, I know you didn't mean this to be funny... but it still made me smile. I just LOVE Protective!Clark. Mmmmm, yummy...

Ahhhh, but yes, he's back to his old sleemo ways.

Nice chapter, Laura! And oh, what is this? I don't have to wait for the next chapter??? It's already there for me? Well, how convenient is that? laugh

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard