Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45743 08/24/07 09:56 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
“You will regret what you’ve done, LEX,” thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#45744 08/24/07 02:12 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Good installment. I'm really looking forward to more.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
#45745 08/24/07 04:30 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I really like how this story is going, and I'm go glad to see that you interrupted the wedding night between Lois and Lex before anything happened. laugh

I also like how you are showing how far Lois will go to protect Clark without making her step out of character.

I look forward to the next installment. smile1

#45746 08/24/07 05:30 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, Angel! This was certainly full of angst! I'm so glad that Lois didn't have to...sleep...with Lex. I would have hated for Clark to be tormented having to listen in on it. And I just cannot imagine being...raped.
Lois shuddered at the sight, unable to stop the chill that traveled down her spine. Her hands picked up the garment and she stared at it. It was just a piece of lingerie—just material and lace—yet the sight of it terrified her. She dropped the garment a moment later, and her watery eyes found her reflection in the mirror. She stared at herself, all the while wondering how she would ever get through it, how she would ever be able to let Lex…

She couldn’t do it.
Finally...a glint of the Lois Lane spirit.
Lex turned around as she shut the bathroom door behind her. She stood, the vase held firmly behind her back as he stepped closer. “I can’t reach the buttons on my wedding gown,” she explained upon seeing the questioning look he was giving her.

“I can help with that, my love.” Lex stepped forward, closing the gap between them.

Just as he was about to reach for her, Lois lifted her knee, swiftly striking him where it counted. Lex howled in pain and anger, and his eyes stared at her in shock. Before he could recover, she brought the vase out from behind her back and hit him over the head with it, using every ounce of strength she had. He dropped to the floor with a satisfying thud.

Lois bent over him and quickly removed the device from his pocket before pushing the button labeled “off.” She stared at his motionless form for a few seconds, the thought filtering through her mind that she should have done this long ago. Ignoring the sudden urge to kick him for all the grief he’d caused her and the people she loved, Lois sprinted from the room a moment later, hoping that she could make it to Clark and get help before Lex awoke.
So, Lois knocked him out cold! She should have hit him in the head a couple more times to make sure Lex didn't wake up any time soon. A little brain damage would probably do him good! laugh

Lois got the Kryptonite controller. She should have destroyed it! There should be no doubt in Clark's mind about the extent of Lois's love for him. Now go get your man!
“We brought in Mrs. Cox and she talked right away. We have enough evidence now to bring in Luthor.”

Perry and Jimmy exchanged a look, identical smiles plastered on their faces. “That’s the best darned news I’ve heard in a while,” Perry told the Inspector.

“I wanted to let you know what was going on because Lois is Luthor’s wife now, and I figured that she might need some friendly faces present when we arrest Luthor.”

Perry nodded as it occurred to him that the Inspector had a soft spot after all. “Did you find out anything about Clark?”

Henderson shook his head, a somber expression crossing his face. “I’ve tried to find him, but I keep running into dead ends. Mrs. Cox wouldn’t talk about it other than to say that Luthor might know where he is.” Henderson paused for a moment. “You don’t happen to know where I can get in touch with his parents, do you? I tried calling Clark’s apartment, but there was no answer.”
I knew that Mrs. Cox would help Lois...even inadvertently. She is going to be Lois and Clark's saving grace.
“Clark?” Lois held her breath; the silence in the room was unnerving. He wasn’t moving.

“Clark?” Not even a twitch. “Can you hear me? Clark!” Lois’s voice became high-pitched as hysteria set in.

Oh, god, he wasn’t moving! What if she was too late?

“Clark!” Lois yelled again as her hands found the lock to his cage. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she took the hairpin and started to pick the lock open.

“You have to be okay. Do you hear me? You can’t leave me—you just can’t!” The lock clicked open a few agonizing minutes later and Lois almost tore the door off the cage in her haste to get inside. The hell she’d been through in the past week would pale in comparison to what the rest of her life would be like without him.

Lois knelt down on the cold cement and her hands reached out to shake him. His skin was so cold! She sobbed as she continued to shake him. “Clark! Please don’t do this. Come on, get up!”

She was too late. Lex had killed him. Lois fell on top of him, her breath coming in small gasps as grief and despair overtook her.

She’d lost him.

She’d never again get the chance to stare endlessly into those gorgeous brown eyes of his, never again hear his laugh, or see his smile. He’d never tease her again, never kiss her again, they’d never get the chance to make love…

Lois sobbed uncontrollably as her arms pulled him to her. She couldn’t breathe, couldn’t think. Devastation was taking over, closing in, and squeezing the air out of her lungs.

And then he moved.
Lois has a feeling of hopelessness, of loss. She is probably thinking that all of this was for nothing, now...too late. But then Clark shows her a sign of life.

This is not going to be easy. I smell a confrontation coming on.
“Lois?” his voice was weak, but Lois had never heard anything so beautiful in her life.

“God, Clark. I thought I’d lost you,” she said shakily.

“I must have passed out. The last thing I remember was…the speakers. You and Luthor were in the honeymoon suite. The thought of him touching you…” Clark trailed off and Lois could see that he was struggling for calm.

“Nothing happened, Clark. I knocked him out.”

“I think I went a little crazy. I remember trying to bust my way through the door…that’s the last thing I remember.” Clark’s eyes searched hers for a moment. “I think I knocked myself out.”
There this beautiful man continued to fight for Lois even in his weakest moment. And Clark has a sense of relief knowing that Luthor hasn't raped Lois. Lois should have an idea of what it feels like to really be loved.
Clark stopped and gently took her face in his hands. “I love you, Lois.” An instant later his mouth found hers and he kissed her tenderly. A few short seconds of pure bliss went by and Lois was disappointed when he pulled back. “Thank you.”

“For what?” she asked in confusion.

“For loving me so much.”

Lois smiled at him, the first real smile to grace her face in a week. “I’d do anything for you, Clark.”

“You have…done everything for me.” His eyes shut briefly and Lois could tell that he was thinking about all she’d been through at the hands of Lex.
I know that they really need to get out of there but this was just so sweet. Clark just wants Lois to know...
Lois reached for the door and opened it a second later…and suddenly jumped back in shock.

Lex stood in the doorway, blocking their escape. He stared at her, and for the first time she saw hatred directed at her in his eyes. She’d seen evil, triumph, lust, and anger in his eyes, but never hatred. Her heart squeezed in fear at the utterly manic glint in his beady, dark eyes.

“You will regret what you’ve done, Lois,” he said, and Lois shivered at the low and threatening tone to his voice.

It was then that she noticed the gun in his hand.
Oh, boy. I knew a confrontation was coming. Lois has the kryptonite control. So the two most deadly things to Clark are actually in his corner...Lois Lane and Kryptonite. But Luthor has a gun! wallbash

Henderson, Perry, Jimmy...hurry up!

Well done Angel.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#45747 08/25/07 02:31 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just as promised: More madness and a silver lining. Sadly not in that order. frown

Brings to mind a little poem...

Every night they visit you,
every night they come, (or in your case about once a week)
and bit by bit
they steal your brain
and feed it to their mum!

The Madness Hamsters by Edward Monkton.

Well done Madness Hamster, I look forward to more. laugh

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#45748 08/25/07 02:56 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ahh!

“You go freshen up and put this on while I make sure that our special guest is tuned in. I’d hate for him to miss this.”
That is so... EVIL!

And the name "Mrs. Luthor" gives me the creeps too!

She’d never again get the chance to stare endlessly into those gorgeous brown eyes of his, never again hear his laugh, or see his smile. He’d never tease her again, never kiss her again, they’d never get the chance to make love…

Lois sobbed uncontrollably as her arms pulled him to her. She couldn’t breathe, couldn’t think. Devastation was taking over, closing in, and squeezing the air out of her lungs.
whinging whinging whinging

And then he moved.
Yay!!!!!

“I think I went a little crazy. I remember trying to bust my way through the door…that’s the last thing I remember.” Clark’s eyes searched hers for a moment. “I think I knocked myself out.”
That's so... Clark.

Lex stood in the doorway, blocking their escape. He stared at her, and for the first time she saw hatred directed at her in his eyes. She’d seen evil, triumph, lust, and anger in his eyes, but never hatred. Her heart squeezed in fear at the utterly manic glint in his beady, dark eyes.

“You will regret what you’ve done, Lois,” he said, and Lois shivered at the low and threatening tone to his voice.

It was then that she noticed the gun in his hand.
AHHHHHHHHHHH Get back here right now!!! I need the next chapter! Plllllleeeeaaaasssseee?

I loved it!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#45749 08/26/07 07:59 AM
Columnist
Columnist
goofy Thanks for the fdk, gr8shades, I'm glad that you're still enjoying the story!

Hi, Laura S! I've really missed your fdk during these last few parts. I was wondering what had happened to you. I'm glad to see that you're still reading and enjoying the story. Thanks for the fdk, Laura!

I'm not sure when I'll have the next part posted. I'm almost out of story. I have part 13 and half of 14 written but it hasn't been beta'd yet. I'm trying to finish part 14 before sending it off to Darcy, but I'm dealing with writer's block right now. Maybe I should feed my uncooperative muse some chocolate! laugh Seems to have worked in the past. Fdk helps too!

Thanks again, everyone! I'll try to get to work on writing tonight after the kids are in bed.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard