Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Oh, Laura. Wonderful as ever. laugh

But how are Lois and Clark going to get out of this one? eek Someone needs to save Lois so that she can save Clark by proving that she's not a child...

I don't have time for longer feedback, but I loved it. When's Part 11? These little guys are waiiiitttinggg... wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Columnist
Columnist
this was great. I hope Lexy and Claude will be punished for being such idiots. Oh help Superman how will you get Lois and Clark out of trouble.

Great writing. Come back soon. And how can it be that there are only 3 parts left?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mann, I knew this was going to happen! Well not Lois in the water tower, but definitely Lois and Clark's fight. Yeah, I really don't know if the police would just knock on Clark's door or if they'd go to the school first, but the fact that they're going to tie up Clark's time right now puts Lois in quite the pickle!! So no complaints here hah. Looking forward to seeing how this all gets resolved!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
"suspicion of indecency with a child" just for two adult fighting in a picture?
Sorry if that wasn't clear, but it was a picture of Lois on Clark's lap, kissing him. I thought that might be sufficient evident to at least have him brought in for questioning and a warning, anyway. Or maybe only because there's a corrupt cop under Claude's influence. (...convieniently) I'll be back later with more thanks. smile

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You evil. huh Then why call anonymous?

blush I doubt Lois in that dress looks like a child.

MAF wink

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

I'm back again! thumbsup

Finally, he saw her and he let out a sigh of relief. Jogging a little to catch up, Claude grinned.
confused Does this mean that Claude saw what they did to Lois?

MAF huh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, Laura! This was just amazing.
“Get out,” he said harshly. He did not turn to face her.

Lois’ heart skipped a beat, causing her breath to quicken. “What?”

Clark was silent for a moment before he repeated his demand. Lois stared at his back, fear and anger warring in her mind.

“Turn around, Clark.”

Clark remained unmoving as stone. Lois took in the tense lines of his shoulders, bitterly regretting her phrasing earlier. “Look, Clark. I know how that sounds. But you can see I didn’t do it. I told you about it for heaven’s sake! I picked you. Don’t you see that? I picked you.”

“That’s just the thing, Lois,” Clark said softly. Lois cringed. She might have preferred him to yell. This deathly calm scared her. “You didn’t pick me. Look at you. You came over here with the intention of going through with this. Do not insult me by lying and saying you didn’t. What stopped you? My pathetic declaration? Did you stop to think about the consequences of what you were about to do? Did you stop to think about what this could do to me?” Clark finally turned around and Lois’ breath caught at the depth of the hurt she saw there. “Forgive me, this sounds extremely selfish. But how can you profess to love me when you would hurt me like this?”

“But I didn’t do it, Clark! Why are you blaming me for something I didn’t do?”

“How do I even know you’re 23? You’ve lied about everything else. You lied about loving me.”

“God damn it, I didn’t lie about that! I do love you!”

“Prove it.”

Lois gritted her teeth and faced off against Clark. “Exactly how am I supposed to do that?”

“Leave.”
Poor Clark. I guess he just feels used. But Lois is right. She told him so he should at least consider that. But, I hope that Clark knows that since he told Lois to leave, she will probably never let it go...the way he reacted to her.
And what scared him the most was the fact that she might have very well succeeded.

Would he have given in to the obvious longing in his heart? Could he have lowered himself that far? To risk a lifetime of self loathing and possible time in jail? The fact that Clark didn’t have a definite answer to give himself wrenched his stomach.

Lois was still standing on the opposite side of the island, her hands shaking almost imperceptibly in the harsh light of the kitchen. Suddenly bone weary, Clark leaned an elbow on the counter and dropped his head on his hand.

“Just leave, Lois,” he murmured, no trace of anger in his voice. “I believe you’re 23. I never really doubted you. But I’m sure no one else caught it. Your cover is safe.”

“But Cla--”

“Go!”
Just feel so sorry for Clark. He is berating himself and has shut himself into a closet of hopelessness.
And the absolute worst part was that he still loved her. The feelings in his heart hadn’t dimmed in the slightest.
And, Lois loves him, still.
Claude Malfois shifted from his uncomfortable position in the bushes outside Clark Kent’s apartment and watched in dismay as Lois hurried out. Claude could tell from his vantage point near the window that they had argued. He grimaced. It threw a definite wrench in his plans. He wasn’t sure the police would accept his anonymous tip about the possible indecency with a child if he hadn’t been able to get the pictures of them in bed to prove it. Damn. If only they had followed the plan, they would have all gotten what they wanted.
What a bastard! I wonder of Clark heard Claude outside...and asked Lois to leave until he could explain.
Apparently their little gang, the “Rosettes” had joined the big league. It had all the makings of a best seller. The corruption of youth, the scandals of drugs and murder. And then there was the bonus. A highly respected teacher convicted of sexual indecency with a child? He wasn’t sure of the logistics of such a thing. If it came out that Lois was indeed overage and consenting then he was sure that the charges would be dropped. If not, they would vastly lessen. No, Claude Malfois wasn’t worried at all about Clark Kent. The man would be fine. His reputation and job might be tarnished forever, but legally, Claude knew Clark had no reason to fear.

Not that guilt had ever stopped him before. Keeping a wary eye on Lois, Claude stopped at a payphone and phoned the police station.
I mean a real bottom dweller...Claude is.
“Sir? I’d like to report a tip about one of the teachers at Metropolis High…” Claude spoke for a few minutes, nodding and promising to send over his pictures to the station. When he hung up, he frantically scanned the street for Lois. Finally, he saw her and he let out a sigh of relief. Jogging a little to catch up, Claude grinned. The guy at the police station owed him a favor and promised to rush his call. Clark Kent should be getting a visit from Metropolis’ Finest in the very near future.
I hope this cop looses his badge for this! He should have lost it for being a friend of Claude's.
“Goodbye, Lois Lane.”

And then the door was shut, and Lois was locked in complete and butter thick darkness.
Oh, no! Will Clark save Lois in time? evil

Another awesome job!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Very well written, Laura.

As for what happened in this part, let's summarize: Everything went to hell. Okay, no, not quite everything. Clark did the right thing when he told Lois off, being very firm, dignified and yet raw and upset in his dismissal of her. I wholly approved of him here. I so rarely side with Clark against Lois, but this time I most certainly did.

After Lois left Clark, I felt as if it would take a vey long time for him to trust her again, if he ever did. Usually I would feel very sad about such a development. But here I feel that this version of Lois isn't worthy of Clark, not until she manages to change her ways a bit. Honestly... she has to learn not to seriously compromise the reputations and risk the futures of innocent bystanders just because she is hot on the trail of a story.

So that part of the story felt as if it went well, but everything else went to the dogs! Everything went wrong. Claude has photographed Clark and Lois kissing and embracing. Claude is going to make use of the fact that a policeman owes him a favour and make sure that Clark is publicly scandalized for seducing a student and a minor. Lois bumbles straight into Lexy's trap, and Lexy is going to make her drown in the same water tower that killed another girl. And when Clark needs to save Lois's life, he is arrested for criminal indecency instead.

It was very well written, but I can take only so much horror, Laura. So you'd better be back with the next part quickly and make things at least a little bit better!

Ann

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
So Lois treads water till Claude rescues her. Clark loses his job because everyone believes he thought he was with his teenage student. So they don't care that Lois was undercover and is 23 y/o.

Now Clark goes to work for the Daily Planet.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh no!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! I'm all caught up now and have to wait with the rest of the minions for your next part!

.... <waiting>

wildguy wildguy wildguy WELL!?! Where is it!?!

:p

“Get out,” he said harshly. He did not turn to face her.
EEEEEK! But understandable... how he'd feel that way...

“How do I even know you’re 23? You’ve lied about everything else. You lied about loving me.”

“God damn it, I didn’t lie about that! I do love you!”

“Prove it.”

Lois gritted her teeth and faced off against Clark. “Exactly how am I supposed to do that?”

“Leave.”
Awwww.... <sniffle>

Would he have given in to the obvious longing in his heart? Could he have lowered himself that far? To risk a lifetime of self loathing and possible time in jail? The fact that Clark didn’t have a definite answer to give himself wrenched his stomach.
Oh, poor Clark! Lois, you stupid, stupid girl!

And the absolute worst part was that he still loved her. The feelings in his heart hadn’t dimmed in the slightest.
Awwww <sniffle>

No, Claude Malfois wasn’t worried at all about Clark Kent. The man would be fine. His reputation and job might be tarnished forever, but legally, Claude knew Clark had no reason to fear.
THE SLIME!

Lois let out a frustrated growl as she found her anger being washed away by gently lapping shame and guilt.
Oooooh, nice line!

“Did you do it?” Lexy asked, a genuine curiousness in her voice. After Lois paused, her voice grew snide. “Was he good?”
Ugh! She's revolting!

“I do believe you’re lying,” Lexy said quietly. “I have been extremely careful. And besides, had there truly been a warrant out for my arrest, you wouldn’t have come. The police would have. No, I don’t believe you Lois. Sorry. But you are a little too close to home, if you know what I mean, so I believe you might have to take a tragic dip off the edge of the water tower. You and poor Beth Warner. Whatever happened to the two of you? A midnight dare taken too far?’
EEEEEEK!

But Clark still loves her! Surely he's still following her heartbeat! He'll save her... won't he?

when she felt the hands on her back
Oooooh! An accomplice! One of Lexy's minions? Or someone else???

“You can come down to the station for questioning, sir.”

“Questioning? For what?”

“On the suspicion of indecency with a child.”
No, no no! If he's being questioned, he can't help Lois! Ack! Float, Lois, float!!! Don't waste your energy dogpaddling... just float!!!

Okay... I'm all caught up now, Laura, and ready for part 11... <taps foot impatiently>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
If Claude ends up being Lois' savior, it'll really be disappointing. Despite the fact that he's slime, I doubt that he's slime enough to allow her to die.

I'm glad that Clark was so firm with Lois--it's alright to establish a line that says, "Don't manipulate me." I'm glad that Lois got Lexy on tape admitting to her wrongdoing, as long as it's not destroyed by the water. It would all just be really bad if Lois died at this point.

Elisabeth
who finds the initial questioning of Clark (since it wasn't an arrest) very plausible

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
It would all just be really bad if Lois died at this point.
Hmmmm, yes. It would be better if she died slightly later.

(Sorry - couldn't resist. wink )

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
ACK! You'd better put these pieces back together! I completely bought Clark's reaction, but there had better be a WAFF in the future. laugh Evil, Claude! Booooooooo!!!!!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
It would all just be really bad if Lois died at this point.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm, yes. It would be better if she died slightly later.
No Loises were harmed in the making of this story! Now I'm about to head to Six Flags, but I promise I'll be back later with real thanks!

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
but I promise I'll be back later with real thanks!
How about part 11? Will you be back later with part 11? Don't make me break out the pointy stick men! You know I'll do it!!!

Here's one for good measure. wildguy

-- DJ <who is ecstatic because 4 more posts and she'll be PULITZER again. laugh >

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
How about part 11? Will you be back later with part 11? Don't make me break out the pointy stick men! You know I'll do it!!!
And I've got DJ's back!

~Sheila wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Top Banana
Top Banana
wow! what a cliffhanger (when both our heroes are stuck so to speak) .. looking fwd to part 11 smile thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wonderful!!

I'm ready to turn Claud into a grease smear on the ground though. . . maybe drop HIM off of a tall building. . . [Linked Image]
As a teacher being falsely accused of such a thing is a terrible fear--because even after it has been proven false your career is pretty much over. There is no coming back because the leagal process and the news media spread/smear your name to such a degree that there is rarely any place that will hire you.

Now, Chapter 11. . . needs to come soon before I add my little friend [Linked Image] to the hordes of pointy sticks above. Don't leave us on this cliff for very long!!!

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Columnist
Columnist
Sorry I'm coming in so late with fdk. I didn't want you to think that I'd disappeard. I'm still reading and really enjoying this story. I can't wait to find out how Lois will be rescued--at least I'm assuming she will be. Eventually, right? laugh

And now Clark's in trouble with the law. It shouldn't be too difficult for him to verify her story of working undercover for the Daily Planet, she's been going by her real name, after all.

I'm definately looking forward to the next part!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard