Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#4547 07/21/03 12:28 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I thought the ending was perfect! If you wanted to write a sequel, it would be the perfect place to begin, and I think I've already let you know how I feel about you writing a sequel! OTOH, as it is it leads seamlessly back to the show.

Personally, I like this idea. A detour, taking them to the same destination, but by a different route. Don't change a thing.

- Vicki wave

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#4548 07/21/03 01:24 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm with those guys - no need! And what Wendy said. <G> I read Tank's comment as that he was complimenting you on something a little original.

After all there are no rules with this kind of thing and diversity makes the fanfic world go round.

Wouldn't say no to a sequel, naturally, but only if you wanted to do one and it appealed. I absolutely don't think it's a requrement or that you need change anything to make the story work 'better'. It's just fine as it is. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#4549 07/21/03 04:31 PM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Thanks for the fdk, Emily! I am really glad you liked it! laugh

And thanks for the reassurance, Wendy, Vicki, and LabRat. I think I totally read that comment wrong smile .

- Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#4550 07/29/03 09:30 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww! That was a very nice, story, Alicia. smile Poignant and sweet in turns. Clark's introspection as he flies was heartwrenching at first, and really enlightened the way he felt after Lois told Superman she just wanted to be friends. His reactions when he first saw her, his voiced anger tempered by his determination never to hurt her despite what she did to him, was really well done. And the end was so sweet.

I think the line I preferred was when Clark said "Thank you" to her - not sure if you meant it to be interpreted that way, but I read it like a counterpart to Superman saying thank you to her for being a good friend, words he regretted afterwards because they didn't reflect the truth of what he thought. This time, after she told him she had chosen him, the very same words reflect the truth of how he feels. smile

As for your concern that we might have felt cheated by the fact that it was an inbetweenie, well, this reader sure didn't feel this way. smile I enjoy stories that give us an interesting insight about something that happened on screen but where introspection would have been a great addition. The written word has that big advantage over image, and you've given me just that. Therefore it doesn't bother me at all that the story doesn't bring them further than the real episode did. smile

Besides, there's room for a sequel... wink

Thanks for sharing this delightful vignette, Alicia! smile

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#4551 07/29/03 11:42 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As for your concern that we might have felt cheated by the fact that it was an inbetweenie,
Personally, I wouldn't mind at all seeing a lot more inbetween scenes fanfic. They used to be a feature of this fandom - the stories on the Archive give testimony to that - and they're a fairly major part of other fandoms.

Not sure why they withered here, but certainly I don't think it was a conscious decision to stop writing them from the authors or any adverse reaction in the fandom itself when they were.

So I don't think that anyone writing and posting a between scene story today would get tomatoes thrown at them at all. Variety is the spice of life. And fanfic! smile1 Bring 'em on, I say.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#4552 08/24/03 12:41 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I'm a newbie to the boards here. laugh Gosh there's so many great little shorties out there!

This is definitely one of them, Alicia.

I never truly know the title of the L&C episodes until I read one of these types of fics, either. LOL I love the way you e\intertwined your take on the episode and I absolutely love the introspective S/C here. smile1

Lunkhead is a perfect description for him sometimes and you captured it beautifully.

I can't wait to read more of your work.

Bella

Lois : And you know, you put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark : "And I love you. Did we just make up?"
Lois : "I think so."
RL #283727 02/20/19 06:48 PM
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
I loved this vignette ...

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard