Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45418 08/12/07 08:24 AM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Only an epilogue left. Any suggestions for things to include? And also...what did you think? Did I keep my promise?

#45419 08/12/07 11:32 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
You are the king of awesomeness - Now all Lois and Clark have to do is come up with some good fiction Perry will buy into. notworthy

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#45420 08/12/07 12:35 PM
Kerth
Kerth
An alibi would be nice - so would a quick getaway for everyone. And it would be good to see a little of Lois as a Slayer when she gets back to Metropolis; it's not that far from Cleveland, which will be the main US Hellmouth with Sunnydale gone, so there ought to be some supernatural activity. Lois is about the most mature Slayer, so I can see her being asked to take charge of any others assigned to Metropolis.

Where Clark goes from here is also interesting - he won't be happy about what he was made to do, maybe he'll want Willow to strengthen his magical defences, or once he goes into business as Superman, ask her to help with cases involving magic etc. e.g. the voodoo story.

Belated thought - if Clark is vulnerable to magic, so are the New Kryptonians. Consequences might be interesting...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#45421 08/12/07 02:12 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, Shayne, I usually don't like this kind of fighting - too intense and scary for me - but this time, you made me feel that Lois would survive and prevail, and several times I felt exhilarated. I t was great to see Lois throw that flag pole like an Olympic javelin thrower. It was such a triumph when Clark was freed. And yes, I admit it, I wanted to see Angelica killed. And when she was, I cheered.

And it was so wonderful when Clark came back to Lois!

To me, this fight felt like the climax of your fic. I may be wrong about this, but from now on I'd expect mostly cleaning up things and epilogue-like parts. How do Lois and Clark explain what happened to the stadium? What can they tell Perry?

What will it be like for Lois to remain a Slayer? How will Clark be affected by his experience?

And, not least: I agree that this is not primarily a ship story, but will you show us more of the Clark/Lois romance? Their romance must be slightly different from what it usually is, given Lois's strange and scary powers and Clark's harrowing experience.

Well, great! I'm still sighing with relief, let me tell you!

Ann

#45422 08/13/07 08:43 AM
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
A Slayer’s work was never done.

Clark landed beside her, and Lois hugged him tightly. Absently she noted that the wound at his side had finally healed over.

At least Lois would never have to do it alone.
Great climax to the story! I've really enjoyed this crossover. smile

#45423 08/13/07 12:48 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great fight! Could visualize it in my head. Great job. Of course I would have liked more relationship developement but this story could have stood on it's own without Lois and Clark being Lois and Clark. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#45424 08/13/07 06:51 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Whew! Am I glad that's finally over!

Great job, Shayne! Lois saved Clark so he could save the day. And you handled Lois's minor wound even better than I was sure you would. Interesting to me, a non-Buffy-literate, that you characterized the vampires as being almost pure rage. That would certainly have a disquieting effect on any attempt by them to organize like Angelica wanted them to.

And Buffy's mock sadness because the fight was over was almost funny! It was certainly a relief at that point. I only hope she doesn't figure out how to reload those flamethrowers. Buffy and a ready source of combustion can't be a good idea.

You're going to have to make the epilogue a long one, though, because Clark will have some serious issues to deal with. I can't see him just blowing off all the things Angelica made him do while he was under her thumb. Lois is going to have to provide some top-flight counseling for him.

And it looks as if she's got a handle on her new life, too. If you want to take Marcus's suggestion and give us some more "slayer-Lois" adventures - even ones that are Lois going solo - I won't complain.

This is definitely the best crossover I've read in a long time. I know I'm repeating myself, but here goes - Great job, Shayne! Excellent story. Loved every nail-biting hair-pulling minute of it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#45425 08/15/07 04:04 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Love it... keeping to true buffy-verse style...

well written Shayne..

The burning question for me is: how scarred is Clark, and will being with Lois allow superman to become, or will Clark try to retreat to being normal in order to hide himself from the supernatural that might want to continue on where Angelica left off.. and how will whatever eventuates affect the balance of what should be 'Lois and Clark'?

I know this is written from Lois's perspective, but she is the make or break superman person... so I would be intrigued to know 'where do we go from here?'

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard