Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#45389 08/11/07 08:39 AM
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wow, Laura! I am just beside myself with excitement at you posting another part to this AWESOME story!

It seems that Clark is having a hard time facing Lois. Poor thing. It's just guilt and Lois is misinterpreting it as disgust...disappointment.
Finally Clark asked a question that no one knew the answer to. No one but her. Smiling triumphantly, she raised her hand high. Clark’s gaze flitted to her for a second before checking out the rest of the silent class. Finally he heaved a sigh and called on her.

“Lois? Do you know the answer?”
Clark stared after her retreating figure through the walls of his room, his head pounding. He could see that she was angry with him for ignoring her. But how else could he act? Every time he caught sight of her thick brown hair, every time his hearing distinguished her heartbeat, he was brought back into his nightmare. It lived inside him, ready to rear up at the slightest provocation.
Funny, Clark can visualize Lois in such detail in his mind...his heart. She doesn't realize what power she has over him. She could really break his heart if she doesn't tell him what's going on. I have a feeling that that will come soon. wink

Now, Lois is hurt because she really does care what Clark thinks about her.

He had been wrong. He kept thinking about her even when she wasn’t there! His behavior horrified him. Never, never in a thousand years had he ever contemplated feeling anything for a student. It was unthinkable. He felt so dirty. His heart anxiously beat faster against his ribcage. This was wrong. This was so wrong. He hung his head in his hands and sat there for a moment, his eyes squeezed tightly shut and his ears focusing on everything but the voice he could clearly distinguish if he was so inclined.
Clark has already fallen in love with Lois Lane.
Her contempt for them ran deeper after Jill had confided in her Lexy’s story about Mr. Kent. Despite her current frustration with him, she didn’t like the thought of Lexy Hartness trying to dig her claws into her English teacher. He was hers.
Yep. Lois is in love with Clark, too.
“Lois, I think you have it takes to join the Rosettes. What do you say? If you pass our initiation tests you’re in.”
I don't think that congratulations is appropriate here.
“What’s the test?” she asked, a little too quickly. She wanted them to stop ridiculing Dana. It hurt to hear the pretty and friendly girl put down so vehemently by the people she adored.

Lexy didn’t waste time. She got straight to the point.

“Go steal the answers to Redwick’s next test. By tomorrow, okay? That’s the first one.”
Somehow, I think that the initiation tests will become more intense as they are achieved. The next test will probably be a little more serious.

These girls are bad news. I see a relationship between this and college sorority/fraternity initiations.
An involuntary growl sounded deep in his throat as Claude patiently picked the many locks on Lois’ door. At last the door clicked open and he slipped in, handheld scanner tucked casually in his back pocket.
So, that snake is going to steal Lois's story anyway. Publishing that story now will blow Lois's cover. Claude is really a loser for his job to depend on a stolen story from a "junior reporter".
“Oh Kyle,” she jutted out her lower lip. “You caught me. I snuck in here to see you, but I don’t want Jill to find out! I know she’d tease me. I knew it, but I had to see you.”

Kyle very nearly started preening in front of her. “It’s okay babe. I know it’s hard for girls like you when you see a BMOC like me. I’ll help you get out of here, kid, okay?”

“Oh would you do that?” The simpering edge in her voice made Lois want to throw herself off a cliff.

“Sure I would, babe, for price. Though you’ll thank me for it. A kiss? I want to give you something for your trouble.”

Kyle pulled her into his arms and kissed her, groaning appreciatively while Lois rolled her eyes. In a moment of sheer instinct she shut her eyes and pictured it was Clark Kent she was kissing. Sparks exploded against her brain as she felt the warm skin of his back under her fingertips. She pressed herself more tightly against him, her lips gradually growing less passive and more active as she heard Clark’s soft whimper into her mouth. The sound drove her crazy and she brought a hand to thread through his silky hair. Through her kiss-induced haze, a thought began to burrow into her consciousness. Clark’s hair wasn’t so long… oh God! She pulled back roughly, finding herself looking into the satisfied face of Kyle Reynolds.

Not Clark Kent.

Clark Kent! No! Bad Lois! She had to get out of there.
What is BMOC?

Good improvising from Lois. I think it's funny that she found Kyle repulsive. But, she imagined him being Clark and that made it all better.

They are going to kill each other with this emotional love affair.
“Help!” She began to scream, but it was cut off the second she opened her mouth. Despite his size, the man was nimble and fast. He tackled her and she came down hard on the cold cement, crying out as her legs scraped against the rough ground. He shoved her jaw shut and held it, straddling her waist as she struggled futilely. The man glared at her, panting hard as he brought the knife down angrily, skipping her neck and instead aiming directly for her heart.

Lois screamed, though no sound came out with the man’s hand clamping her jaw shut. She squeezed her eyes shut and waited, her last image of earth the blood stained knife speeding directly toward her.
Oh no! He's going to rape her! Please, Clark...get there! Maybe her heard Lois's attempt to scream. Then Lois can tell you all about it and you can help her with her investigation. And get Jill and Lexy and "the louse" in the process.

Laura, I can't put into words how much I'm enjoying this story. Please post again soon.

Brava! Just fabulous!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
ohmygod - what a cliffhanger thud . Claaaaaaaahaaaark .....

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it... (sorry haven't been commenting on previous parts).. I hope Clark was attuned to Lois enough that he heard her almost cry for help? (just wishing...)..

Liked the sub-plot Claude's motivation behind hurting / stealing Lois' story... (ref: his replacement).

Clark's embarrassment and subsequent ignoring Lois, and Lois' possessiveness and day-dreaming of Clark.. perfect! wink

What is BMOC?
I think BMOC means Big Man on Campus, right?

Come back quickly and save Lois preferably via Clark cool

thumbsup thumbsup dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
Eeek, you're right. I meant to add a note in there at the end that said what BMOC meant. It does mean "Big Man on Campus." I just added it in to the end of the chapter. I'm literally out the door right now, but I'll be back to pour out my gratefulness at feedback a little bit later. smile

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Laura, I'm still loving this story!

“There are three,” Lexy said finally. “Including the one I just gave you. Not so bad, no?”

“No,” Lois agreed. “Not so bad.”
Heh. I have a feeling the third, at least, if not the second one as well, is going to be pretty bad. Lois can't be expelled but she certainly be arrested! Or hurt, for that matter. CK to the rescue?

Claude, that, that - bastard!

Sliding along on her hands and knees, Lois kept her eyes on the ground, eyeing the insects there suspiciously.

“Don’t you get too close,” she muttered fiercely to them. “I don’t like you. I don’t like you at all. And I will squish you.”
Good moment of levity!

Henry was only four and had taken to pulling open the shower curtain whenever he went to the bathroom, just to be sure no monsters had taken residence there since he had last peed.
A confession among friends: I'm almost 28 and I think I last did that yesterday. blush

She squeezed her eyes shut and waited, her last image of earth the blood stained knife speeding directly toward her.
Oh, definitely CK to the rescue. Hurry up, boy!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
If Clark dosent show up soon I'll eat my yearbook!

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Top Banana
Top Banana
OMG! Lois is in trouble. Martha, get out your sewing machine. We need a pair of tights and a cape ASAP!

HEEEELLLPPPPP SUPERMAN!!!!! help

Please don't leave her/us hanging too long. frown

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
So glad to see a new chapter, Laura! I admit, the A-plot interests me less in this story (or any other wink )than the parts that involve L&C, but still, you're handling Claude and Lexy and Jill well, and I enjoyed all the excitement in this chapter.

I also love your pre-Claude Lois. She's not as traumatized by men as the post-Claude version, but she's still Lois. This made me laugh out loud:

They were small. They were creepy. They crawled on her hand when she specifically told them not to.
Only Lois would expect obedience from bugs! Just wonderful smile

But of course, my favorite part was seeing poor Clark struggling with his attraction to his student. More of that, please! *swoons*

Will be looking forward to the next part! smile1

Caroline

Columnist
Columnist
Laura come back soon. please.

great part.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Intersting end, but I want more. Where is Superman when you need him? I ask myself that daily<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Lois returned to her seat the next Monday, utterly perplexed by Mr. Kent’s behavior.
I thought it was women who didn't make sense. huh

Finally he heaved a sigh and called on her.
Way to be subtle, Mr. Kent.

She left out a soft sigh of relief. These were the awful initiation tasks? They were no problem. Maybe Lucy had underestimated this so called “gang.”
Better hope she hadn't underestimated them, since this is Lois' ticket to the Daily Planet.

Just a random thought--how exactly does Claude plan on explaining the stolen story? It would be inconvenient for him to have the same homeroom as Lexy.

She continued on her way, earning a mouthful of bush when she focused a little too much on the ground and not enough on the path in front of her.
My Dad used to say, "Some days you eat the bear; some days the bear eats you." This is definately a bear-eats-you moment for Lois.

Don’t take a shower. Don’t take a shower. Lois repeated the mantra in her head, fear and adrenaline pumping through her veins.
Don't worry. Hygiene doesn't appear to be high on his list of priorities.

I think you’re pretty cute for a kid.
It looks like all the men in the story (Kyle, Claude and Clark) agree on this one. Ughh!

And the ending, of course, was sheer pain! ...But you knew that. Thanks for posting this part so quickly.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved the part! I will try and come back when I can quote a few things I liked, but I am really enjoying this story and TorturedClark.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
Ohh! Another wonderful part!

And a great cliffhanger, too. Clark to the rescue! I don't have much time right now to leave fdk, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm still reading and still loving this story!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Kerth
Kerth
Excellent! Your writing effectively described the struggle that both Lois and Clark are dealing with when they think of the other. I could easily feel the tension in the classroom and the emotions during the imaginary kiss. And then....aarrrgggghhhhh...cliffhanger! wallbash Don't make us wait too long for the next part!
P.S. Again, I must say...Boooo, Claude! Booooooooooooo! laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Okay...just reading... I'll comment as I go.

He had been wrong. He kept thinking about her even when she wasn’t there! His behavior horrified him. Never, never in a thousand years had he ever contemplated feeling anything for a student. It was unthinkable. He felt so dirty. His heart anxiously beat faster against his ribcage. This was wrong. This was so wrong. He hung his head in his hands and sat there for a moment, his eyes squeezed tightly shut and his ears focusing on everything but the voice he could clearly distinguish if he was so inclined.
No, Clark...you're right! Not wrong. You see, she's really your age... Really... Please believe me... razz

Loved the part, Laura. As usual. So uh...when does Lois tell him who she really is, including how old she is, huh? wink

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, this is most definitely getting quite interesting. I hope Clark is within hearing distance. I'm glad there is a little angst in your WAFF. It's the icing on the cake of a good story.

So what is going to happen now? Clark will rescue Lois and while offering her comfort he'll see that he's getting himself in trouble, isn't he? smile1

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No!. BAD Cliffhanger. She has to get out of there. (By means of manpowered flight wink )

About the other two challenges. I do wonder, considering the sterotypical bad highschool/collage cliques/fraternities might get to corrupt some innocent bystander. And considering that Lexy failed to get her fingers into her teacher, she might have slight feelings of anger towards him. And having photographs of him in bed with a student might be well, handy. And just to make the situation of our protagonists a bit more problematic, it could so happen that this student of ill repute is Lois. The setup is perfect. Knight in shining spandex, ahm, armor rescues poor girl, so how can he turn her away when she knocks on his door a couple of nights later. See how he gets out of that particular mess without Lois blowing her cover.

Too twisted? Too evil?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow!! Wonderful! Evil Cliff Hanger!!

You need to come back SOOOOON!! (like now! This instant! Yesterday even) and have Clark show up and kick this guy into the next story. . . Or, you could let him show up, distract the idiot so that Lois could do some real damage to him. . .Hmmmm I like that Idea better--have them working togeather. I'm sure Clark would love to help take down the Rosettes (isn't that the name of the click?)

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my god. You have got to be kidding. I just spent the last 45 minutes writing out elaborate thanks to each and every one of you. AND MY DEVIL COMPUTER JUST ATE IT UP!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm so sorry. But I figure you guys would rather I worked on the chapter than yell obscenities at my computer. Please know I want to thank each and every one of you!

*cries at the loss of her thanks* DANG IT. THAT'S SO ANNOYING.

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

I'm sending them after my internet.

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard