Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Weekly Reading Suggestion Week 2

Please post feed back for stories from week 2 here. I am also providing author email contact for each story if you would like to email them personally.

Stories:
Go Softly Into the Night by Yvonne Connell Email: yvonne@yconnell.fsnet.co.uk
When I was Twelve... by JoMarch Email: jo_march11@yahoo.com
Like A Red Rock to a Superman by Pam Jernigan, (chiefpam@nc.rr.com), Wendy Richards
(wendy@lcfanfic.com), and Sara Kraft (skfolc@gmail.com)
Galaxies Divide by Stopquitdont Email: Stopquitdont@bellsouth.net

There weren't many suggestions for this week so you guys should all be able to give FDK! Come on support the authors. Maybe if we encourage them enough some of them will come out of retirement. ^_~

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Features Writer
Features Writer
I recently had the chance to read SQD's When Galaxies Divide and really loved it. I have a spot in my heart for all the good things the NK arc could have brough (but didn't). Still thanks to it we have really epic Elseworld fics like this one, where "Kryptonian" culture gets explored (something that's always a big plus for me) along with the idea of our heroes' relationship against all odds.

I think what I found most brilliant was how SQD managed to change everything around the characters without really changing the familiar feel of the characters. For instance, even though we begin with a different Clark due to his upbringing, she takes us through how he begins to change through his involvement with Lois. I found that part particularly interesting. And I have to say that while some of those chapters were really heartbreaking, I felt a running thread of hope through it all.

All in all, I thought it was really impressive. If you like NK stuff you should take a look. wink

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was working my way through the first list but realized a lot of them were already my favorites in the archives, I just hadn't recognized the titles. But I enjoyed re-reading them and there was one I had somehow missed, so it helped me to get my fix of new L&C this week! (The new stories on the boards were great, but they just weren't enough--this addict needed a bigger dose.) I'm not ready to post my recommendations--there are too many of them, it's going to take me forever to go back through since I have no memory for titles--but I really appreciate the recommendations from the rest of you.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Go Softly Into the Night is one of the best revelation stories ever. I've read it five or six times and it makes me want to cry each time.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
cookiesmom: you can suggest one a week. So just pick any one you want and suggest it in the thread. smile If you need a link tell me. laugh

Also.. Go Softly Into the Night is one of my favorites. It gets me everytime. Sometimes I just like to sit and think about the ending. What I think happened after Clark left and after Lois stopped crying and started planning. ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard