Print Thread
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Delightful.

But No haircut? Anywhere?

"How can anyone so stupid have ever been able to gain the position and power that you held? You must have had some pretty competent lieutenants because you obviously don't have the smarts to have done it yourself."
rotflol rotflol

Framework4
Columnist
Columnist
Now that's the kind of Tank ending that I like! Great job! I really enjoyed it.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tank! You old softie. laugh

I loved it! Thanks for a riveting story that had me on the edge of my seat and for a waffy ending that left me sitting there going "awwwww".

Poor Barry. <g>

And poor Lois's nose - as to why she didn't need to get a haircut... well, this was season 4 Lois and she already had a haircut... although I suppose you could have gone shorter - or completely bald. LOL!

Thanks for sharing, Tank.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Very nice short, Tank. Intense and attention-grabbing without being maudlin or overly sentimental. It was entirely appropriate that Lois figure out that Luthor hadn't killed Clark and let herself be used as bait. Naturally, this means that Henderson now knows about Clark - assuming the very intelligent inspector didn't already know.

Of course, the intensity and passion of their reunion will probably set in motion the events which will produce Utopia, the society built by Clark and Lois's descendants. After all, who's going to remember birth control at a time like this?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww Tank. You're getting soft in your old age. Loved it!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lovely, Tank! I have to confess, I was so worried that you'd give us a Tank ending that I decided not to read your story until I could judge from the comments on part two whether it was safe to do so... wink (Although for some reason I can't get angry at you, not even when you write your Tank endings. I don't want to read them, thank you very much, but I can't get angry at you. Maybe that's because I can always sense, in all your stories, how much you really like Lois? goofy )

So this is a story where you gave us your very best heroic, slightly comic book-y Lois. Yay! Nobody writes her like Tank. Loved the whole scenario where Lois, bound to a chair, slightly contemptuously explains to Lex Luthor how she has in fact defeated him. Almost as if she had been a seemingly overpowered Sherlock Holmes, haughtily explaining her victory to her dense (and evil) jailer, Dr. Watson: Elementary, my dear Watson! goofy

And I looooved the ending. So WAFFy. Yes, Tank, when you are not busy writing evil Tank endings, you really are a softie at heart! clap

Ann

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Very nice, Tank. You had me slightly worried with part 1; but glad to see we can still count on you to provide a great story!!

Jo

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Brilliant, as always, Tank. I liked how she had to investigate, even in her grief.

I must confess, though, that I liked take one better. Sassy Lois rules!

Elisabeth
(Although I can imagine you feeling a little like Clark when I say that. "Lois likes Superman better than she likes me." <Sigh> or "Mayson likes Clark and hates Superman." <Sigh> Forgetting that comparing yourself to yourself you always end up winning.)

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Been away for a few days so I'm late coming back and thanking everyone for their comments.

Yes, Lois didn't need a haircut because this is a married Lois, so she's already seen the light.

I've always liked my Lois with a little of the comic book characterization in her. There she is even more independant and physically able to fend for herself. She has learned not only hand to hand combat but has gone through SCU training.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Tank (who wonders what a 'Tank ending' is?)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard