Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
alcyone Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I didn't quote last time, being the lazybutt I tend to be, but I will this time. Because there are more specific things I like other than the immeadiacy of the style. Which I like. A lot. And can't get enough of--

*Ahem* Right. Excuse the tendency to gush. We've established I like first person Lois POV with my squeal last time. On to a long-ish quote.

Just then there's a soft thud outside and I take a precautionary step back into the shadows of his bathroom when the door to his balcony starts to open. To my amazement, Superman comes inside and shuts the door. Why would Superman visit Clark this late at night? I'm just about to greet him when he turns into a blur and suddenly Clark is standing there instead. He's wearing boxers and a t-shirt and holding Superman's suit. I blink and wonder if this is possibly the weirdest dream I've ever had. Clark heads in the direction of his closet and then he freezes.

I'm frozen, too. It's just dawned on me that what I'm seeing isn't a dream. This is for real. Oh my god. Superman just turned into Clark. Clark is Superman. It's so obvious and I wonder how I could have missed that fact for so long.

His head is turned towards the couch and I realize he's just noticed that I'm not there. His shoulders stiffen and then he turns around to face me.

"Lois?" he asks softly.

I don't answer since I have no idea what to say to him. Besides, if he's who I think he is, he should be able to hear me. I put one hand against the door's frame to support myself. Can he hear me? How good is his hearing? Good god, no wonder he was always getting that curious look on his face before running off. He was hearing things on the other side of the city; surely he can hear me breathing on the other side of the room.

"I think we should talk," he says in that same quiet voice.
I think this is one of the more poignant revelations I've read simply because of the mood at the beginning of the scene (I know it already was part of the first version of this, I just had to redeem myself by making a substantial comment other than 'squee'). She's just woken up, it's dark, she thinks she's alone, etc. The whole movement, stillness, the soft thud which indicates that it's really quiet. Either way all this happening after her fear at the events from gives this a feel that really appeals to me.

As for the dialogue after the "I've been horrible to you" line--Lara's part (as I understand it)--is right on the money and fits really well. The way that he turns her statements into positives and logics out her behavior is so Clark, it rings so...genuine (but thinking about it, really, I bet he's also relieved not to be screamed at, so he can afford to be super nice).

Something in his soft tone sets off a wave of panic in me and I lash out, hoping to hurt him with words since I can't do it physically. "Or what? You'll force me to stay?" I snap at him.

I regret it immediately. The way he looks at me now, you'd almost think I just ripped his heart out. He's spent the last few minutes trying to convince me that I'm not as horrible as I think and here I go, stabbing him in the chest with proof that I am. Give it up, Clark. Just hate me. It will be easier for everyone.
So classic Lois. The non-screaming path to anger works very well here, because despite the lying she's at his place because she knows that he cares about her and that he'll keep her safe. I think this makes it so she can't just yell at him and walk away (even without a threat to her life, which provides a logical reason) He's also not throwing the secret in her face.

And I really do hate him right now. With all my heart.
*chuckle* A very nice and WAFFy ending. The story feels a lot more wrapped up now. Oh, Lara--if I had written this I'd feel that I had NOTHING to feel shy about. It's really great stuff that seamlessly captures the vibe from where Sue left it off. It matches perfectly in both in the voice and in the overall mood. So, so, so nice.

*sigh* Great revelations never get old,
alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This story reminds me of ten things I hate about you when Lois lists all the things she hates about Clark, ofcourse me being the nerd that I am I almost squealed in delight. Lois can be such a masochist sometimes, I swear goofy The ending to this was just so incredibly sweet it made me melt into a puddle of waffy goo.

Thanks alot guys this was the perfect distraction from my paper that just doesnt seem to wanna write itself.

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<squeals girlishly>

Ahhhhh! The two betas I adore with all my heart have gone and written something together - you know, you two should really try this again sometime... really.

It was so good! I could see parts of Sue and parts of Lara in there and I just loved it.

And like has already been said, I loved the ending where Lois lists off all the things she 'hates' about Clark. And then she says she really, 'really', hates him and he says he hates her too - LOL!!!

Very well done ladies <hugs>

-- DJ

Lara, please come out and talk, pretty please? <g>

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Absolutely wonderful! dance I loved it!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But one trip through raw sewage can't possibly right all my other wrongs.
It can't, but it's quite funny, and that's a really great line. <g>

Wait... Hang around outside his own apartment? Because I'm in here and he thinks I'd prefer it if he wasn't? He'd do that?
*nods* Yep. And we all know why, too.

"For the same reasons you put up with me," he answers, dodging my question completely.
Ooh, that's way sneaky, and I like it.

Oh, so the ending was perfect! WTG Lara and whatever tweaking you did, Sue!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sweet. I "hated" every minute of reading it thumbsup

doublel

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh that was great! Very well done. notworthy

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*waves from her hiding place, behind her iMac* blush

You know... it's easy to look good when you're just adding a few paragraphs to a story that was already awesome to begin with.

I just wrote little bit of conversation and ultimately had Lois realize how badly she hated Clark - and spent the whole time sniffling like an idiot while I was writing that, which was how I knew it wasn't such a bad idea I was sitting on. wink

And then I sent it over to Sue, because I wasn't really going to post this at first... But I wanted her to see it, since it was the end of her story. Well, she grabbed her magic pen and made some edits - and then I made more *lol* - and it stopped being something I thought people would want to bonk me on the head for. ("the nerve of that girl, thinking she can write an ending to something of Sue's" ...ouchie.)

I plan let her write the endings for all my stories from now on.
Oh, hey - I'll gladly write the end if you write the N... sloppy

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
party Can I tell you how excited I am that you wrote an ending for this Lara? Can I? I loved the ending and I loved the conversation between the two. Do I think she is going to probably have a word or two to say to him later? Probably. She is a bit shell shocked right now... but I don't think Mr. Kent is going to be as smug later on when she has stopped being so emotional. laugh

I love a good revelation fic and I loved this one as well. Thank you two ladies for writing it and sharing it.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Wonderful, ladies! clap

C.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
wow ... what to say? great clap

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Kerth
Kerth
Hey, I was just along for the ride. Lara made it sing. She's right - it's easy to look good when someone else writes a story and then lets you put your name next to theirs. Thanks, Lara, for letting me be co-billed along with you!

Thanks to everyone who has left FDK; but it really should go to Lara. Without her this would have just been an unfinished snippet. She gave it a life of its own. clap

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, I hated that story! wink

Cute and waffy! Well done ladies! wink

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Columnist
Columnist
I've said it before, but I really hate this so much! wink

This was absolute adorable waffy perfection. Your styles blend together so well! You definitely have to work together more often!

And I promise to come back with much better FDK when I wake up, but it's past 3:30 here and I really should be in bed. I'll be back (and I mean it this time)!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Columnist
Columnist
this was perfect. wow. You should do this more often. thumbsup thumbsup

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Now I don't feel like I missed out so much after the extended ending disappeared. It was great. I do have to admit that I was distracted through the whole end knowing that Clark was standing there in his boxer shorts, though.

My favorite line was in regards to Clark running around on silly errands in his sleep.

A work of art!

Elisabeth

Kerth
Kerth
I was distracted through the whole end knowing that Clark was standing there in his boxer shorts, though.
He had a t-shirt on, too, you know. wink I think boxers are a lot less revealing than the Suit. laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Boxers may be less revealing, but they are certainly more intimate. Perhaps I'm thinking of how much I enjoy it when James kicks back to relax with me wearing only a t-shirt and boxers. Hmm... Is it hot in here? blush

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard