Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Delightful as always. thumbsup thumbsup

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww... lovely. It's always fun to read about a Kent family party, especially when seen through the eyes of an outsider. And it's interesting to note that they haven't told her all their secrets yet. Lots of nice touches in there.

"Hey, Velma!" A tall, dark-haired man that she judged to be in his late twenties, and whom she had never seen before in her life, had appeared in the entranceway of the living room, a can of beer in one hand and a big smile on his face. "Come on in and be introduced! Hey there, Oliver! Nice to see you again."

"Hi, Aaron. From the look on her face, I don't think Velma recognizes you."

"That's probably a good thing," Aaron said. He held out his hand. "Aaron Olsen, Lieutenant. John's brother." He reached up to sweep the hair back from his forehead. "Does this ring a bell?"
lol

Nice to see Barry Kent again. And yeah, I find it hard to picture Uma in business school. smile

re: Marcy... super hero, super model, what's the diff, really? goofy Annie Kent, Annabelle Reyes... but don't ask why her agent picked that name wink

"Do you grill?" Velma couldn't resist asking.

"Sometimes," Oliver said. "Not today. I've got a more important project in mind."

"What's that?"

"Entertaining you," Oliver said innocently. "You're going to let me use you as an excuse, aren't you?"
Love it. laugh But then he gets serious...

I'm part Kryptonian. Superman was my great grandfather.
And he still is, but we won't mention that...

It happened to Clark Kent, over a hundred years ago.
And then again, just a few years ago, but never mind...

It happened to me for the first time in my life when I met you."
Oooh, what a lovely WAFF. I love that he just flat out tells her that. All the other stuff is fun fluff, but I *love* this moment. <happy sigh>

PJ
who really needs to get back to work...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thank you, Nan. Loved it!
Sue

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, you got busy after LAFF! Looking forward to reading it.
cool
Artemis
Great story! I love the family barbeques!

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wee! Another tidbit from the Home-Universe...
*sighs happily* I loved it... and hope that we will keep seeing glimpses of Velma's integration in the clan if the series is continued... (which I hope it is... drool )

~Sira.

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I enjoyed this very much, Nan!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Kerth
Kerth
Lovely little one-shot. Do you have more of them? I might get addicted. jump

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
No, not yet. There's only the other Home stories on the Archive. There will be more Home stories eventually but right now I'm re-reading the four stories in the Nightfall series to get myself mentally set to write the final one (the sequel to The Hottest Team in Town).

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lara, yes it is addicting. If you haven't read the other stories go here: http://www.lcfanfic.com/author_sm.htm
and enjoy.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Nan - wonderful as always!!!

Not sure I've read the Nightfall ones... May have to stick them on my 'to do' list once I get some sleep [little DS is taking up most of my time at the moment - imagine that!].

But do hurry up and get that last one written - more HOME would be a good thing!
Carol

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
The first story in the Nightfall series is Four Days to Nightfall. http://lcfanfic.com/stories/2002/fourdays.txt . The others are Teamwork, Buried Secrets and The Hottest Team in Town. It's an alternate Superman beginning, based on the premise that when Nightfall threatens Earth, Clark hasn't yet come to Metropolis. He tries to destroy Nightfall with predictable results and when he comes crashing to Earth, he lands in Centennial Park instead of Suicide Slum. Lois is driving by and sees the fireball, and the story takes off from there. <g>

Anyhow, I have to re-familiarize myself with what's happened in the four stories so I can wind up all the loose threads in the last one. As soon as I've roughed out a plot, and have a buffer, I'll try posting it. Remember, people who give feedback act as both my incentive and to some extent my betas. I have no idea why but the idea of sending the story to beta readers scares me, though I have no problem with criticism from the message board readers. Go figure. wink

Anyhow, thanks to everyone who read and gave feedback. That's the best payment a fanfic writer can receive.

Nan

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hmmm - I think I did read 4 Days to Nightfall recently. Not sure I read the others - maybe the second one...

On the to do list... smile
Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just reread Home over the last two weeks. Still the same reaction to it: grovel for the next home.

Nan, you do realize that having so many different series running simultaneously makes it incredibly hard on a poor fanboy to decide where to beg for the next story? Home, Dagger, Alt-World, Supercop, 4days

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Lol! It makes it hard to decide which one to work on next, too! However, right now I'm trying to decide exactly where I want the next and hopefully the last story of the Nightfall series to go, while I'm writing Second Choice.

Nan

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard