Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
wildguy

Lois felt like her heart was being ripped from her when Clark’s body jerked at each bullet as they hit his chest.

“No!” she screamed. Clark moaned and began to slide out of her arms.

The thug who had shot the gun was staring in disbelief as Clark slumped to the ground.
That is just evil!

Framework4
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Everything was perfect.

The dinner was perfect. Clark was perfect. Lois was perfect. The wedding plans were perfect. Everything was just PERFECT!

And now this.

Patrick's right. You're pure evil.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
razz

That makes three of us. Please don't let parts 21 and 22 be set in the hospital morgue and at a funeral. That would be beyond horrible.
We'll send an army of these guys after you if you do that. wildguy

ONLY HAPPY ENDINGS ALLOWED HERE!(please don't make us wait too long)

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark spun and used his body to shield Lois from the three bullets that the thug fired at them.

Lois felt like her heart was being ripped from her when Clark’s body jerked at each bullet as they hit his chest.

“No!” she screamed. Clark moaned and began to slide out of her arms.

“Now you’ve done it!” one of the other thugs grunted as he pulled himself up from the ground. “The police will be after us for sure now. I didn’t sign up for no murder rap.” He took off running down the street and was joined by his two wounded companions.

The thug who had shot the gun was staring in disbelief as Clark slumped to the ground. His face paled and he stumbled off down the street after the others.

Lois dropped down beside Clark. “No,” she whimpered. “Clark?” She shook him. “Clark!”
DJ!!!! That was just wrong! I don't know what to say. Just hurry back!

I should have picked up on the use of the word "perfect" written so many times.

Somehow, I think that this little incident is going to make them not wait...because surely Clark is going to be okay...right?

I just grew a few more grey hairs!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Wow, I did not see that coming. Love this part. So sweet and happy and then scary and exciting. Can't wait to read the next one.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, so perfectly WAFFy. So, so sweet... so aaawwww....

Carefully reaching over, trying not to disturb her, Clark hit the off button on the remote. He would rather watch her.
Aaaaawwww.... <sniffle>

He looked down into her sweet, sleeping face and smiled.

He still couldn't believe she was here, in his arms, and she was going to be his wife.
Aaaawwww....

She had an almost childlike innocence when she was asleep. The stress from the past few weeks wasn't there in her face. She slept in his arms as if it were the only place she wanted to be.
Aaaaawwww.... <sniffle>

&#8220;No,&#8221; she protested, clinging to him. &#8220;I don't wanna go to bed. I wasn't asleep, honest.&#8221;

Clark smiled at her murmured objection. &#8220;Sure you weren't. You should have heard yourself, snoring like a bear.&#8221;
<snort>

He slipped his fingertips under the sleeve of her shirt and lightly caressed the skin on the back of her arm. It was so soft and smooth. He glided delicately across its silken surface, causing Lois to shiver faintly.
<shivery WAFF>

When I was a little girl, I would put on my mother's veil that she kept hanging decoratively in the guest bedroom,&#8221; she said with a wistful smile. &#8220;I would wear it around the house and make Lucy follow me around with a bouquet of paper flowers, pretending that I was getting married.&#8221; Her smile began to fall. &#8220;That was before things changed between my parents, before I began to question whether or not I even wanted to get married.&#8221;
Big weddings don't necessarily lead to happy marriages. <nods sagely to self>

&#8220;Well... I'm still just surprised that you're a... you know... that's all.&#8221;

&#8220;Is that such a bad thing?&#8221; he asked her, trying to decide whether to feel hurt or insulted.

&#8220;No!&#8221; she protested. &#8220;It's wonderful! I get to have you all to myself,&#8221; she said, giving him a squeeze.
That's sooo sweet!!! laugh

Okay, where should Clark and Lois get married, then?

Perry was quiet for a moment and then a smile spread slowly across his face until it was practically beaming. &#8220;I think you should have it at the Planet.&#8221;

Lois felt her mouth fall open. &#8220;The Planet? But, how...? When...? It's still being rebuilt. That could take...&#8221;

&#8220;Less than two weeks,&#8221; he provided for her.
smile1

Lois glanced over at Clark and caught the twinkle in his eyes. It just seemed perfect somehow.

Perfect. She was really beginning to like that word.
Perfect, schmerfect. Like Terry said, some things are too perfect to be true. frown

&#8220;If you're too tired to walk, I can hail a cab,&#8221; he said, giving her a soft squeeze.

She shook her head. &#8220;No. We'll get back to your apartment too quickly as it is, and it'll be time for me to say goodnight and go home.&#8221;
If you only had hailed that cab, and had your virgin sacrifce in Clark's apartment that night....

Clark spun and used his body to shield Lois from the three bullets that the thug fired at them.

Lois felt like her heart was being ripped from her when Clark's body jerked at each bullet as they hit his chest.

&#8220;No!&#8221; she screamed. Clark moaned and began to slide out of her arms.

&#8220;Now you've done it!&#8221; one of the other thugs grunted as he pulled himself up from the ground. &#8220;The police will be after us for sure now. I didn't sign up for no murder rap.&#8221; He took off running down the street and was joined by his two wounded companions.

The thug who had shot the gun was staring in disbelief as Clark slumped to the ground. His face paled and he stumbled off down the street after the others.

Lois dropped down beside Clark. &#8220;No,&#8221; she whimpered. &#8220;Clark?&#8221; She shook him. &#8220;Clark!&#8221;
Nooo!!! Nonononooo!!!

My only consolation is that Clark's invulnerabibity was at least beginning to come back, and he may have enough of it to at least survive the bullets. I'm going to assume that this is going to be the case, because otherwise you are just perfectly evil, DJ!!!! wildguy

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Sheila:
just grew a few more grey hairs!
you still have some? I ripped most of mine off during the end of the story [Linked Image] [Linked Image]. Wow - I hope the next chapters will come soon - can't wait to see what happens next. I hope that Clark's powers at least were a bit back so that the bullets couldn't hurt him .... ?!?

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Gah, DJ we're so in a fight lol! Perfect, perfect, perfect, and then BAM! 3 slugs to the chest. At least I'm streaking my hair purple on Tuesday, guys. It'll cover up all the new friggin grey! <g>

Great part, but there is no death allowed!
JD
wink

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Maybe it's wrong of me to secretly sit back, read and enjoy every post of this story without leaving any feedback but what you've done is pure evil. I was gonna shower you with compliments and gush at your brilliantness (its a word or it should be) but no, now I will just demand that you come back and fix this mess immediately.
ps EVIL! goofy

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Now, see, I refuse to panic. I refuse to run around the house screaming. I refuse to tear out my gray hairs (mostly because of how few hairs I'd have left, but anyway...) or to turn to this handy bottle of wine for consolation. I'm simply going to request, calmly and rationally that you GET BACK HERE AND FIX THIS!!

*pours wine* (ok, so I lied about that one laugh )

No, like Ann, I'm clinging to the hope that Clark's invulnerability is sufficiently back that he's going to be okay and we can return to our regularly scheduled WAFF. Because there's a wedding...at the Daily Planet...and all the parents are coming...and Clark still hasn't lost his patience. And I want to see all that stuff happen!

So...please? grovel

*clears throat* Now that I've done the groveling, I'll say that this was another wonderful chapter, with your usual masterful blend of relationship goodness and angst.

This made me giggle:

He groaned. “You’re going to make it hard for me, aren’t you?”

She grinned impishly. “When have I ever made it easy?”
Hee! So perfect, DJ! I can't wait for more smile

Caroline

Columnist
Columnist
clap Awesome job!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
shock

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, DJ! drool drool

“It’s better. It’s...” She looked at him dazedly. “It’s barely even visible.”
Good!

Even though you weren’t here, you were everywhere. And I don’t mean your pictures. I could just feel you, smell you... the vivid aroma of your cologne in the closet, the fresh hint of aftershave in the bathroom... the sweet smell of fabric softener in the towel I wrapped around me after my shower. It all reminded me of you.”
It's getting hot here.

Clark chuckled and they walked on in silence for a bit. At least, until he heard footsteps behind them. He glanced nonchalantly over his shoulder, but he didn’t see anyone there. Without trying to cause alarm, Clark casually quickened their pace. He wasn’t exactly sure why the hair on the back of his neck was standing up, but what he did know was that it was late, it was dark, and the streets leading to his apartment weren’t always the safest.
Uh-oh. I don't like this. eek

Lois dove for her purse, snatching it up from the ground and fishing out her container of mace. Her attacker had recovered and was coming for her but he was met with a stream of mace to the face. He howled with rage and agony all rolled into one.
Go, Lois!

Lois dropped down beside Clark. “No,” she whimpered. “Clark?” She shook him. “Clark!”
Evil, evil DJ! You give us a WAFFy chapter and it ends like that? grumble You're killing me, do you know it? hyper

Pleeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeee!!!!!!! grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Features Writer
Features Writer
omg, DJ! I really didn't expect this and this is very evil what you did now with us! hyper hyper hyper

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ahhhh, the smell of fear... err... I mean fdk, in the morning. <g>

Seriously, you guys had me giggling over your fdk - I know it was wrong to giggle, but I couldn't help myself.

Okay, how to reply??? Let's see...

Hi Patrick! .... um .... Thanks? <g> Hee hee. Thanks for the fdk! Glad to see you're still with me.

Hi Terry! Yes... everything was perhaps TOO perfect? <g> Pure evil? That sounds like some kind of infomercial - just $19.99 and you can have pure evil in a bottle. That's right FoLCs it's a concentrated syrup that...

...never mind.

LOL. Anyway, thanks for the fdk, Terry. <g>

Hi gr8shadesof Elvis! Evil... hmmm, there seems to be a theme here... are you FoLCs trying to tell me something? <g> LOL at parts 21 and 22 being set in at the hospital and morgue... I guess you really don't know about me, do you? <g> I will do my best not to wait too long, though... <g> Thanks for the fdk.

Hi Sheila! Yes, you should have picked up on the perfect... you know the old saying in literature, don't you? 'If it's too good to be true, then the author will find some way to muck it up' - actually I guess that's really my own saying, but I find it to be so true. <g> Hee hee.

And oh my goodness, all these gray hairs! Time for a dye job! <g> Hee hee - thanks for the fdk, Sheila!

Hi Jackie! Ooooh, I caught you off guard? <DJ squeals with delight> I'm so glad you loved it. Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Ann! Hee hee - I'm glad you loved all the "awwwww" moments. <g>

LOL - perfect, schmerfect. Hee hee.

If you only had hailed that cab, and had your virgin sacrifce in Clark's apartment that night....
LOL <SNORT!>

because otherwise you are just perfectly evil, DJ!!!
Ooooh! "Perfectly evil" - Ann, are you trying to tempt me? <bg> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi lcfan4ever! Ouch! Okay, it's one thing to turn someone's hair gray - but rip them out? Owie! The next chapter will come fairly soon. <g> I'm still waiting on a beta from one of my BR's. Can't post till I have that. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Jen! LOL - fight! <g>

Perfect, perfect, perfect, and then BAM! 3 slugs to the chest.
LOL - what a concise chapter recap.

Oooooh purple! Pretty purple! <g> Thanks for the fdk, Jen!

Hi datchickukindaknow! Oooooh, it IS wrong of you to sit back, read and enjoy, without leaving any fdk... see what happens? I go and get mean and evil. LOL! Oh darn, you mean I don't get showered with compliments? You sure know how to woo a girl into giving you what you want - LOL.

Okay, guess I'll just have to relish in what you were gonna say <g> Oh, and brilliantness is a word. Hee hee. Thanks. And thanks so much for the fdk!

Hi Caroline! LOL - finally, someone valuing their hair! <g> Oh, well, now see, do you really need a reason for the wine? <snort>

Awww, Caroline and Ann, my eternal optimists. <g> Well, I did give you some hints during that final scene - about the status of Clark's powers... if you were reading carefully. <g> Now, whether or not that means his skin was powerful enough yet to stop bullets is a whole other matter...

"Regularly scheduled WAFF" - LOL!

Well I did say this was angstwaff, didn't I? You can't have the waff without the angst!

I love that that made you giggle. Hee hee. Thanks for the fdk, Caroline! I'm squeeing at the "perfect". Thanks.

Hi symbolic! Holy #&@*!!! - LOL!!! Eeeee! Another one who didn't see it coming - how exciting! Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the fdk!

Hi doublel! I believe one of my betas still has the next chapter. <g> Glad to know the cliffhanger was a good one. Thanks!

Hi Andreia! No, you're never late, m'dear. <hug>

Ooooh, I'm glad you liked the idea of having the wedding at the Planet. <g> Thanks.

Evil, evil, DJ - yes... well you know, you are the one who told me I graduated from evil school... I'm just putting that diploma to good use, that's all. <g> Thanks for the fdk, Andreia! I'll come back as soon as I possibly can. <g>

Hi Barbara! I'm always just squeeeeing when I can post something that catches everyone so off guard. <g> Yes, I suppose it was very evil of me... Thanks for the fdk!

I'm so glad you all enjoyed it! Thanks so much for the fdk! I have part 21 back from one beta, but am waiting for it from the other. Then it will go through the fine-tuning process... and then I can post. <g> I hope perhaps by Wednesday? We'll make Wednesday the scheduled day and see what happens. And then I will probably plan on posting the finale on Sunday.

Thanks everyone!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Ok, sorry

Yes it is a delightful story but that cliffhanger is so evil.

Originally posted by MetroRhodes:
I did give you some hints during that final scene - about the status of Clark's powers... if you were reading carefully.
He attacked them swiftly, faster than he should have been able to move.
Clark was astounded. He ran his hand over the smooth skin. The wound had closed up. He could ...He shook his head. “Nothing. I tried levitating, reaching out with my hearing, even x-ray. Nothing yet.”
Well and good but you also wrote

Clark’s body jerked at each bullet
wildguy wildguy

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part, DJ! I love evil cliffhangers, though I'd prefer if you'd hurry up with your next part. I'm dying here. I hope Clark has just a couple of bruised ribs. That would be bad enough, but I guess he could deal with that.

Hurry back!!!!!!!! hyper

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved it! I was so glad when in the defense against the 4 hoodlums, Lois wasn't the only one fighting. Yay for Clark smile (always hated the macho bully scene at the bar in Superman 2).

Worrying is just a sad waste of imagination.
I'll just heed your tag-line and try not to worry about Clark... :p

smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You sure know how to woo a girl into giving you what you want - LOL.
Hmm was that sarcasm? So appealing to the masochist in you didn't work? Gosh darn it! LOL

Ambar goofy

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello again!

Yes, Patrick, I did also write that... it's true. <g> Well, you don't have to wait much longer - I'm getting ready to post right now.

Hi Bakasi! I'm hurrying! Next part is coming soon! Thanks for the fdk!

Hi AnKS! I'm glad you loved it. And I too didn't care for the scene in Superman 2 - Clark was way too whimpy to me. Even if Clark IS normal, he would and could still fight back. Thanks for the fdk. LOL at my own tagline! The next part is coming soon!

LOL Ambar! It's coming!

Thanks again everyone!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard