Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
C
Oh, I adore instant gratification! I just caught up with this story last night, and then *poof* a new chapter appears. But now I'm all caught up again, so... *taps toe impatiently* laugh

This was another wonderful part, Laura. I love your Clark, how caring and concerned he is and how he's connecting with Lois in ways he doesn't quite understand yet. I love that Lois is being torn between her assignment and her interest in her "teacher". This is such an integral part of Lois's character, I think, in any incarnation of L&C - the battle she wages between head and heart when it comes to Clark Kent.

I hope you enjoy your trip, and I'll be looking forward to that next part whenever you can get it to us smile

Caroline

Top Banana
Top Banana
Aah, the great pizza topping debate rears its ugly head... Pineapple? YUM! And that's all I have to say about that! goofy

Yay, it's back! Just what's required on a cold wet summers(???) day. (God almighty this weather is awful!)

Now maybe it's just me - ok pretty likely it's just me - but going out for pizza with a teacher? Worst mightmare scenario!!! I don't care how gorgeous he is. In fact, the more gorgeous he is, the more uncomfortable it would be. Is it me???

Ok, so I was one of those students (actually most of us were) who tried to fade into the background in class and dreaded the teacher picking on me cos then I'd have to try and say something intelligent. Not easy when you're put on the spot. I always think classroom scenes in movies/on tv are soooo unrealistic when the teacher asks a question and half the kids in the room stick their hands up. *Ooh,ooh, pick me, pick me* Huh??? clap

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Lovely chapter, Laura!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh my goodness! I loved the scene where Lois ordered that disturbing pizza... I about mentally flailed at the thought! Bwahaha!

Can't wait for you to get back! Must... read... MORE!!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Laura,

You're so sweet to post this for your adoring fans before abandoning us. . . grumble

Just kidding. Enjoy your vacation.

thanks!

rkn
Top Banana
Top Banana
Woohoo! A new chapter!

“Of course,” Lois smiled and Jill nodded. As they drove off, Clark watched from the window, hating himself for how much he cared.
Yeah, Clark is starting to notice Lois and care for her, even though it's not right. He realizes that and is trying desperately to fight it.
Clark turned toward his desk and avoided watching her go. He couldn’t understand why a smart, pretty girl like Lois Lane was hanging out with Jill and Lexy. It was obvious that Lois didn’t lack the confidence to ignore the girls. He couldn’t figure it out and deep down it nagged him. There was something wrong with the entire scenario, but he couldn’t put a finger on it. Sighing, Clark stood up and decided to walk home—anything to delay the inevitable return to his empty apartment.
When will he figure out that Lois is not a student? He already realizes that something is not right.
“Mr. Kent asked me to join his writing team,” Lois shrugged and chose her next words carefully. She knew that such an “uncool” extracurricular could damage her chances. Time to lie. “I so don’t care about writing, but he’s like, really hot. So I said yeah.”

“Mmm… Hot is right. But don’t mention him around Lexy. She gets a little upset,” Jill lowered her voice conspiratorially. “Don’t tell anyone I told you this, okay?”

Lois nodded enthusiastically and leaned closer.

“But Lexy totally had a thing for Mr. Kent in the beginning of the year. One day she stayed after school and tried to flirt with him a little. He wouldn’t budge at all. He completely ignored her attempts. So she got a little angry and she completely offered to sleep with him.”

Lois’ eyes widened.

“Just like that? She said. “Mr. Kent, I want to sleep with you?”

Jill giggled and slapped her arm. “No, she didn’t sound so stupid. She said in this low voice, oh she would kill me if she knew I was telling you this, but she goes ‘Clark Kent, I can make your wildest fantasies come true.’” Jill burst out into giggles and Lois was hard pressed not to join her as she pictured the scenario.

“Oh my god! Poor Mr. Kent! I bet he flipped.”

“Hell yeah. He firmly told her to go home and the next day he had transferred her out of his class. So the whole Mr. Kent thing is a touchy subject for Lexy.”
I wonder if Clark heard this conversation.
“Too much free time, Mr. Kent? You wrote nearly as much as we did.”

Clark blushed, a little thrown by his student’s teasing. He wasn’t used to this. Lana had never teased. And his mom loved to, but he was so use to her good natured jibes he barely registered them anymore. None of his students ever teased him. Except this fascinating contradiction sitting in front of him.
Hum...something that he and Lana never had...banter. And he misses/likes it. This could be a plus.
Clark rested his chin on his hand as he watched Lois struggle to eat her slice. About halfway through, he gently pulled her plate away from her and replaced it with a slice of cheese pizza. After glaring at him warily for a few moments, she accepted the slice and proceeded to eat with a vengeance.

Clark idly glanced at the half eaten pizza and shrugged as he took a big bite. Lois gaped at him as he casually finished the rest of her disgusting pizza and leaned back contentedly.

“Mmm… You’re right, Lois. That was delectable.”
That was more of a thing for a freind to do and not a teacher. Hum...

Laura, do know that I am really enjoying your story and really look forward to your posts. However, I don't have a lot of time lately to post proper feedback due to grad school. Just know that this is an awesome story and I look forward to a certain few to have updates frequently.

Now, please don't abandon this story and post again soon!

Bravo!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Laura, you know that I have been sceptical of your Clark, because he seemed to be too infatuated with Lana and too uninterested in Lois. Well, he is shaping up, I must say. I like the fact that Lois's writing appeals so strongly to him. He likes her personality, her wits, her ability to banter and challenge him, not just her looks. (In fact, he doesn't seem to have really noticed her looks yet.) But speaking about banter and challenge... I loved that Lois ordered the crazy pizza to challenge Clark, and that Clark rose to the challenge by eating it up for her! laugh

Anyway, I look forward to seeing Lois really trying to get to the bottom of the sinister Rosettes business and their deadly initiation rites. I hope, for a lot of reasons, that Lois will succeed. First, I want Jill and Lexy to be stopped, so that no other girls will be killed while trying to join their club. Second, I want Clark to think a bit more about why he wasn't able to save Beth Warner. Is he Superman yet? Is he using his powers to try to help people like Beth Warner, and to try to stop people like Lexy and Jill? Maybe Lois could inspire him and show him that it is possible to make a difference in other ways than just being a great teacher.

Third, I want Lois to stop Lexy and Jill so that she can write her article and be hired by the Daily Planet. And fourth, I want Lois to be dramatically successful so that Clark will have no choice but to notice her and admire her and fall in love with her! laugh

I really enjoyed this chapter, Laura!

Ann

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I mentioned that I have a smattering of teaching experience. I can identify with Clark's thrill at finding a student who's willing to really learn, not just regurgitate facts from the text and the lectures. The few times I actually saw the light go on in a student's eyes were what made it worth the struggle. Ann, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about far better than I do.

I'm a little surprised that Clark seems to be playing matchmaker with two of his students, though. My recollection is that the kids needed to be hosed down with ice water on a regular basis just to be reminded that they were in school and not participating in a precursor to an online dating site.

But all in all, this is very enjoyable! I look forward to seeing just how Lois plans to handle her growing attraction to her "teacher" and how she intends to "out" the Indecent girls. I know it'll be an interesting ride.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ahh, Laura! Having just read Part 3 yesterday, I was thrilled to come online today and find Part 4 already there!

I loved this line:

As they drove off, Clark watched from the window, hating himself for how much he cared.
/me sighs. He cares about what happens to Lois... Aww! sloppy

It won't be long before he finds out she's not a student and actually an adult his own age, right? Right? /me looks hopeful.

All in all, loving the story and looking forward to you getting back from vacation to post Part 5! Yay! laugh

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Loved this part!

It was easy for me to visualize this meeting over pizza. I do some volunteer work with youth groups and I work for the Parks Department, so this summer at work I got drafted to sub as a day camp counselor. Although I enjoy sitting and talking to the other adults during meal breaks, I have found that things are more successful when I make a point of sitting and eating with the kids, teenagers included. Not trying to be one of them, but listening to them, finding out what they are interested in, figuring out whether they are having a good time, and making sure that everyone is involved and no one is left out.

This brings up a problem for Clark, small compared to Lois's apparent friendship with Lexy and Jill, but still a problem. With three people in a group or on a team, someone often ends up feeling left out. With the other two on the team pairing up, Clark needs to make sure that Lois does not feel left out of the group, but if he gives her a lot of attention, she is likely to misinterpret the reason. Add in the attention he is giving her because he thinks she is getting in with the wrong crowd and things will really be subject to misinterpretation. Clark needs to be careful about too much sparring with Lois--some is OK, expecially because he won by finishing the pizza, but too much makes it seem that he is trying to be her peer, not her teacher.

I can't wait to see where this story is going. Enjoy your vacation but write more soon, please!

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
The lesser half of Lois jumped for joy while the career driven part stalked off to sulk.
Too funny!

Clark turned toward his desk and avoided watching her go. He couldn’t understand why a smart, pretty girl like Lois Lane was hanging out with Jill and Lexy. It was obvious that Lois didn’t lack the confidence to ignore the girls. He couldn’t figure it out and deep down it nagged him. There was something wrong with the entire scenario, but he couldn’t put a finger on it.
The tables are turned as Clark tries to see past Lois' secret identity.

When Lois pulled up to the slightly dinghy pizza parlor
Err... Dinghy is a boat. Lois went to a slightly dingy pizza parlor.

I love the interchange about the pizza. Lois has something to prove in every world it seems. Still, I got kind of lost and wasn't sure who was saying what. I actually thought that Garrett and Kaitlin were arguing--although that doesn't make sense either since they jumped apart.

And I oh, so love how Clark won the argument he hadn't realized they were having. (And it was nice that the pizza wasn't wasted, either.)

Elisabeth

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I almost forgot. I love pineapple on pizza, but it goes better with ham or pepperoni. No jalepeno or anchovy, please.

Also, I tended to be the dumbest one in the class of geeks. We rarely had 1/2 of the class raise their hands. Usually, it was 3/4 or more. But I often debated with my brother if it was better to be the bottom of the top or the top of the bottom. (AKA Was it easier to be the dumbest in a class of smart kids or the smartest in a class of average kids?)

Elisabeth

Kerth
Kerth
Was it easier to be the dumbest in a class of smart kids or the smartest in a class of average kids?
I typically teach three sections of gifted students and two sections of regular students with mainstreamed special education students mixed in. It is very easy for the "dumb" (I put that in quotes, because it usually really means unmotivated or underachieving) student in a class of smart kids to fail by doing nothing and going unnoticed. But it's also really hard to be the smartest kid in the average class because they lack challenge and get bored.

Last year, I had two students in my worst class who were the only As, and I had had them in my 7th grade class the year before, so I knew them well. So I told them they had "earned their way out" of that class and made the counselor put them in the GATE class, just to give them a better environment. Student A thrived in the new situation...her good friend was in the GATE class, she was thrilled by the challenges that the curriculum offered, and she was happy that she didn't have to deal with some of the "bad kids" in the previous class. She thanked me nearly every day for the rest of the year. Student B, however, ended up barely passing in the GATE class. She was shy and intimidated by students who were academically well ahead of her. She lacked the confidence to contribute at the level she could have, had she applied herself. I still maintain that it was in her best interest to move her, but she would have thought it "easier" to be a big fish in a little pond.

I really enjoyed this section! I've bought pizza for small groups of students and have eaten with them (always a mixed group or female only - never just boys, in a very public place), so I didn't have any problems with that idea. (I had a real issue in the last section with Clark offering to drive Lois home...that is a situation that can cause MAJOR problems). Teachers have to have a sense of where boundaries are and realize where completely innocent situations can be misinterpreted into gossip or accusations. I really enjoyed the banter between Lois and Clark - it showed that their natures are true to the L&C characters we love. I also understand why Clark would enjoy that...the students who question my bizzare theories or joke with me are the ones I enjoy teaching the most.

I'm looking forward to the next part!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Please, forgive my use of the word "dumb." I never let my kids use the word, so it was inappropriate for me to use it. I simply took a short-cut to explain the continuum. I should have said I was an A- student in a room full of A+s. wink

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great couple of parts, I finally caught up! I think I'm a little too out of it to make intelligent observations right now lol, but I'm definitely looking forward to the next segment!

JD
smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
thumbsup Another great part!

Time nearly alone with her fox of a teacher could almost be worth the pain of being involved in such a geeky activity. Lois brain was spinning in overdrive, weighing the consequences of her actions.
Forget consequences! Go for it, Lois!

The lesser half of Lois jumped for joy while the career driven part stalked off to sulk.
I really liked this line.

Lois’ stomach dropped a little at the wide, sincere smile that Mr. Kent gave her. They were probably close to the same age. It galled her that he thought she was a high school student. Though it was probably for the better, Lois sighed. She didn’t need the distraction of a tall, dark and handsome.
But he's such a nice distraction. laugh

“But Lexy totally had a thing for Mr. Kent in the beginning of the year. One day she stayed after school and tried to flirt with him a little. He wouldn’t budge at all. He completely ignored her attempts. So she got a little angry and she completely offered to sleep with him.”

Lois’ eyes widened.

Jill giggled and slapped her arm. “No, she didn’t sound so stupid. She said in this low voice, oh she would kill me if she knew I was telling you this, but she goes ‘Clark Kent, I can make your wildest fantasies come true.’” Jill burst out into giggles and Lois was hard pressed not to join her as she pictured the scenario.
shock Oh boy! I can see this causing Lois problems in the future. I can totally see Lexy getting a clue of Lois and Clark's attraction to each other (we all know that Clark will be attracted at some point wink ) and becoming jealous.

“Anchovy. Pineapple, jalapeno, anchovy… oh! And I nearly forgot. Goat cheese. Do you think they have that here?”
That woman is crazy!

“I think it looks delicious,” Lois said haughtily. She grabbed the slice and took a big bite, trying not to wrinkle her nose as her mouth was assaulted by the spicy, salty taste.
Crazy doesn't even describe it! Ewww! Hey, I don't suppose you tried this wonderful pizza combination as research for your story? laugh

Clark idly glanced at the half eaten pizza and shrugged as he took a big bite. Lois gaped at him as he casually finished the rest of her disgusting pizza and leaned back contentedly.

“Mmm… You’re right, Lois. That was delectable.”
Okay, Clark takes the cake for the insane asylum!

Awesome part, Laura. I can't wait for more!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup

Lois’ eyes widened.

“Oh my god! Poor Mr. Kent! I bet he flipped.”

“Hell yeah. He firmly told her to go home and the next day he had transferred her out of his class. So the whole Mr. Kent thing is a touchy subject for Lexy.”
I bet she have something to do with Lana’s death. eek

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by mariadferdez.:
I bet she [had] something to do with Lana’s death. eek
I really hope not. I don't see how Clark could get past that for a decade or two.

Framework4
Blogger
Blogger
Great part!

I just have to say that minus the anchovies, jalapeno and pineapple pizza is sooooo good!
It's our household favorite, don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Anyways, it had me laughing. Keep it coming.

-Seema

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! Go out of the country for a few days and you get to check out all the wonderful feedback. I have to warn you guys, I am at an internet cafe and therefore I am timed and also really bad at typing on this new keyboard! But I really wanted to respond to some of this feedback.

Caroline- I adore instant gratification too. And I am so thrilled you are gratified by my story. smile1 I agree wholeheartedly with your statement that the battle between her heart and her head is integral to her character. Thanks so much for starting the feedback thread and the wonderful comments.

gr8shadesofelvis-

but going out for pizza with a teacher? Worst mightmare scenario!!! I don't care how gorgeous he is. In fact, the more gorgeous he is, the more uncomfortable it would be.
Hmmm... I guess it is all really opinion. I admit it, I was a dork and was on the journalism competing team in high school. After a meet or after practice we would go out for pizza or dinner with my teacher and a couple other kids. We had fun, but I can see how some people might find it awkward. Anyway, thanks for the comment. I am glad you are liking the story!

Lisa- laugh Glad you liked it.

Catherine Bruce- Hehe. That pizza did sound rather disgusting. I am glad you like it! But I did send you off some more to read. Hope you liked that part too!

rkn- Adoring fans? Hardly. wink But I am really glad you liked it... I promise I will be back soon with the next chapter!

Sheila- Yay! You quoted things. I am not even sure why having things you wrote quoted back to you is so great, but it is a pretty huge ego booster.

When will he figure out that Lois is not a student? He already realizes that something is not right.
Hmm... We shall have to see...

Hum...something that he and Lana never had...banter. And he misses/likes it. This could be a plus.
I think it is definitely a plus. I also think it sort of adds to the idea that Lois and Lana are two different people and while he loved Lana, he is open to change even if he is not totally aware of it.

Bakasi, do know that I am really enjoying your story and really look forward to your posts.
I am just going to take this as a compliment that you think I am half as talented as she is. wink

Ann- Ahh! Hi! I did not think you were reading this. But I am glad you are.

Well, he is shaping up, I must say. I like the fact that Lois's writing appeals so strongly to him. He likes her personality, her wits, her ability to banter and challenge him, not just her looks. (In fact, he doesn't seem to have really noticed her looks yet.
I am glad you like him! I think that Clark as a teacher would have some sort of blindness toward the external attractiveness of all of his students. At least at first. Because why on earth would he think he would fall for a student? He would have no reason to think it and therefore I think he sort of ignores the attractiveness altogether. But I am rather tired right now and I am not sure my logic is quite sound.

And fourth, I want Lois to be dramatically successful so that Clark will have no choice but to notice her and admire her and fall in love with her!
Heck yes! Me too. laugh

Terry- Glad you liked it. smile I am not sure about Clark playing matchmaker. It is true that a large percent of the kids need to be hosed down, but I can just picture Clark noticing something that Garrett does not and wanting to help Kailin out a little. But you know, it is all a matter of opinion and to tell you the truth, it does not play too huge of a role in the story altogether. Anyway, thanks for the always insightful feedback.

Anna- Yay! Happy to oblige.

It won't be long before he finds out she's not a student and actually an adult his own age, right? Right? /me looks hopeful.
That is the million dollar question, isnt it? You know me, I cannot keep them apart for too, too long. But for the sake of some drama I might try. wink

cookiesmom- Hi! I agree with your thoughts on eating with kids. I think Clark might find himself more comfortable with his students that adults his own age anyway. Then he is sort of protected from any probing questions, ect. I agree. It is a terribly fine line to walk with Clark and Lois{ banter. I am having quite a rough time of it, trying to make it believeable enough to be realistic and romantic enough to satisfy the waffy fuzz living inside of me. wink I will be back soon. Thanks for the wonderful feedback!

Elisabeth-

Err... Dinghy is a boat. Lois went to a slightly dingy pizza parlor.
peep (Laura skulks off behind wall in embarrassment) You are completely right. Eee! Thanks for catching that. I am sorry you got lost. When I get back to the States, Ill be sure to go back and try and make everything a bit clearer. But besides all my errors, thanks for sticking around anyway!

Groobie- Thanks for the feedback! I love your stories about teaching. It really helps me out because I am only a student and therefore any insight into the teacher mindset helps a ton. (And I am pretty sure that was a huge run on sentence. My apologies. I do not have an apostrophe on this keyboard and not using contractions is driving me insane. wink )

Shadow- Glad you are looking forward to it! I am looking forward to posting. Though I am pretty nervous too. blush

Symbolicangel-

Hey, I don't suppose you tried this wonderful pizza combination as research for your story?
Lol! No. I am afraid to quote Jimmy Olsen And I cannot find the quote key on this keyboard but...

...theres not that much love in the world.

Not even my love for all things L and C could make me do that much research... but if Dean Cain would like to come teach my English class I would certainly be open to it.

Ee! Glad you liked it!

MAF-
I bet she have something to do with Lana’s death.
Oh no, dont worry about that. Lana died of natural causes. Jill and Lexy are evil... but not that evil. Thanks for reading! I am glad you are enjoying it so far.

Patrick- I have to agree with you. Clark might be scarred for life.

Superdiva- Really? Well as I said before... I did no research for this particular chapter. I am prepared to take your word on it, however. laugh
Thanks for reading!

Thank you ALL of you. I was so, so excited to log on and read all the feedback. I am glad you guys like this rendition of Lois and Clark. I am trying to keep them as true to the show as possible. I am keeping in mind that this is fiction and things I condone in this writing world are not things I would approve of in the real world. It really is a fine line to tread, having Lois and Clark fall in love with such a gaping barrier between them, but I am pretty confident in the whole true love conquers all saying. Thanks again for all the feedback!

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard