Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Lois hugged her tightly. "Martha," she managed, her body shuddering. She trembled as she wept uncontrollably. "I'm pregnant," Lois whispered through tears.
I think ultrawoman is going to need to stop working. thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
hm... well I did see the end of that part coming...

BrightFeather

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hang in there, Lois.
*sad sigh*
whinging whinging whinging whinging

Yeah, I sort of figured the pregnancy part as soon as Lois was bent over the sink.

Looking forward to the next part.
Jen
LOL too whinging to write anything else.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Kerth
Kerth
This getting interesting!!!

Keep posting!!!

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Rac! How could you!

Tank (who thought the instalment was going fine, and didn't even mind Jimmy being in on the secret... but, what a horrible ending)

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Rac

WOW! What an ending! eek

It makes sense that Perry guessed Clark's secret. I'm also glad that Lois tells Jimmy. It will make it easier to cover Clark's absence. smile1

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Rac

Poor Lois whinging

This is getting better and better

Meni cool

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ditto all the above! smile1

I kinda saw that pregnancy angle too, the minute she said how bone weary she felt! Poor Lois! At least she has the Kents to help her through.

Keep it coming..we missed you! thumbsup

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great segment, Rac. It's all slotting together rather nicely.

"Long story," she dismissed. "Tesla coil, electrical transfer of powers... okay, not that long.
goofy I like that one.

As for the explanation of where Clark is, I haven't figured it out quite yet, though I'm leaning toward the idea that he was kidnapped by one of the Kryptonian factions and used as bait for Superman. It'll explain why they both left at the same time and why they'll come back at the same time.
This surprised me a little. I'd have expected that Clark and Lois would have discussed and worked out a cover story for Clark's absence in advance, especially when Clark is usually so hot on that kind of thing and protecting his secret.

Nice one on telling Jimmy. That was a very nice little moment (Sorry Tank) and it was fun and refreshingly original to see the three of them planning things out.

She turned around and was taken by surprise when the young man hugged her tightly. She hugged him back, appreciating the simple gesture of support and caring.

"Take care of yourself," he said quietly.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. mecry That boy is so sweet. (Sorry again, Tank)

The scene of Lois in the newsroom was both poignant and rich in detail. Lovely.

And a cliffhanger! Wow - talk about your packed segment! laugh Excellent!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, I liked Jimmy's reaction. I knew she'd end pregnant. Good job. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
Rac
great part
ditto others
more soon please
merry

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great part! I like how Jimmy took the revelation in stride. I also liked how embarrassed he was when he found out he had been drooling over Lois in her disguise as Ultra Woman. Then again, Lois knows about Jimmy's dream when Lois made him a man back in "Just Say Noah."

Not terribly surprising to find out that Lois is pregnant. Now how is she going to juggle the responsibilities of Ultra Woman once she starts showing? Ultra Woman would have to disappear. If she didn't, she'd have to come up with an excuse as to why Lois and Ultra Woman are both pregnant. It's easier to hide pregnancy for Lois, but spandex doesn't hide things easily.

Looking forward to part 10! thumbsup

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, of course we all saw the pregnancy thing coming, but that didn't stop Lois's confession to Martha being anything less than poignant and heart-wrenching. This was a wonderful section, Rac, packed full of great moments and superb writing. I loved your Jimmy - that line where he realises what he just said about Clark being kidnapped by aliens was absolutely vintage Jimmy - LOL! I also loved the play between Lois, Perry and Jimmy - just the right mix of humour, sobriety, and a hint of the unexpected. The conversation between Clark and Ching was good too - Ching is so marvellously obtuse, isn't he? laugh

Looking forward to more soon!

Yvonne

R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
I'm so terribly sorry everyone. RL really got in the way and prevented me from getting back and starting the continuation of this. Thanks for the feedback and all of your patience. The Longest Road continues with The Roads They Walked Alone, which I've just started to post.

Rac

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard