Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
DJ

First of all, I'm so excited that you posted! Though my only complaint is that it is not long enough! I might have to punish you again. evil
Okay, if any of my medical info on the biopsy or slides or cleansing of the wound... or any of that... is incorrect, blame me. Sue gave me a crash course in it and I did the best I could without 'weighing the story down' with too much medical information. Hopefully she can tell me later if I got it right. <g>
I'm a nurse and your medical jargon seemed pretty accurate to me. I am an OR nurse and we do I&D's all of the time where the wound is washed out and debrided of bad tissue usually infected and the debriding revascularizes the tissue to that it is alive and heals better.

But what could he say? Lois, move in with me?

Even if he thought she would agree to it – which he wasn’t sure about - he wouldn’t ask her. Clark had been raised in a traditional family and he was fairly sure his parents would frown on him asking his girlfriend to live with him, especially since neither his parents nor Lois knew what his future plans were.

Future plans...
I too was brought up to not live together unless you're married but in this case...tell her Clark! She needs to be there to take care of him or at least that's the excuse I'm using.
“Hello?” Clark’s sleepy voice answered.

“Clark? Oh, I’m sorry. I woke you, didn’t I? I shouldn’t have called...”

“Lois?” Clark was instantly concerned. Something must be wrong. “No, it’s okay. Is everything all right?”

Suddenly, she felt ridiculous. “Yes, everything’s fine. I...” She what? Just wanted to hear his voice? Wished that she could come back over and stay the night on his couch even when she had her own bed to sleep in? “I just wanted to say goodnight.”

“Oh.” Clark sighed inwardly. Her voice sounded as lonely as he felt, but he was sure he was probably imagining it. “Well, goodnight, Lois. I’m sure you’ll sleep better in your own bed...”

“Yeah. I mean your couch is comfortable...”

“But it’s not a bed,” he finished for her.

“No.” She bit her lip. “It’s not a bed.” She shook her head inwardly. What was she doing? She needed to let the poor guy get some sleep. “Well, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow. G’night, Clark.”

“Lois, I...” Clark ran a hand through his hair in frustration. No, there would be other times... He sighed before continuing, “G’night.”
And Lois is wanting to be with him. Why didn't she just get up and go to his house. If they have their own apartments, technicaly the don't live together, right?

And yes, she is as lonely as you feel, Clark.
In some ways he’d be glad to have Lois along, but it would mean that he wouldn’t be able to run the errand he had planned... Clark sighed again. He obviously hadn’t thought this through very well.

But it was okay. He’d just have to be patient. He could run the errand a little later today.
What errend, DJ? Give! Especially since Clark mentioned future plans that are unbeknown to everyone, I'm guessing that he will buy Lois an engagement ring. Will he propose in the next part?

Clark nodded at him and his palms begin to sweat. He felt Lois grab hold of his hand once again and when he looked up into her face, she smiled reassuringly at him.
Lois is still Clark's rock and he looks to her for comfort and support. Her being there with him is like a security blanket for Clark. She has the power to calm him.
“Okay, then,” Klein said nervously, picking his clipboard up again and making more notes in it. “After I get done cleaning the wound, I’ll give you another injection of antibiotics. You’ll be sore when the anesthetic wears off, but with the Kryptonite removed and the wound cleansed, you should start to feel better soon.” He set the clipboard down and looked up at them awkwardly. “I don’t know if you have a place to stay, um nearby, but I would suggest that you rest for the remainder of the day. Don’t do anything too strenuous. In fact, it would be better if you took it easy for the next several days.”

“Don’t worry, Dr. Klein,” Lois assured him. “I’ll make sure of that.”
Here is your reason for Lois to stay with Clark; doctor's orders. Lois getting an apartment was just a waste of money.

Okay...you done kinda good but you still left us in the dark. I don't know why we keep coming back for more. Okay, it's because you're an awesome writer and you have that power over us...and I hate you for it!

Seriously, well done DJ. I am simply holding my breath for the next chapter. You don't want me to suffocate, do you?

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Right now, DJ, I'm not in a very good mood, because I had just written quite a lot of FDK on this part, when everything I had written just disappeared from the little message box when I was adding a ROTFLOL icon. Everything was gone but the icon, which kept rolling at the top of the empty message box like the grin of a Cheshire cat. You'd think Harry Potter had popped in and made my message Disapparate.

So anyway, I was saying... I'm glad you finally told us what is wrong with Clark. Kryptonite in his bloodstream, eh? And Kryptonite in his wound. Yes, that axe that Lex attacked Clark with was obviously coated with Kryptonite. Good thing Dr. Klein is on the case, at least.

I had fun at the conversation between Clark and Jack. How many hints did Jack drop that he knows that Clark is Superman? But Clark refused to really accept that Jack knew.

And Lois is moving out of Clark's apartment, and they both so wish that she could stay. And both of them thinks that the other one is glad that she is leaving. And neither of them dares to say anything. And both worries about what others would say if she were to stay:

Clark had been raised in a traditional family and he was fairly sure his parents would frown on him asking his girlfriend to live with him
*sigh*

People would think she was sleeping her rent, that's what. And it wasn't that she even cared too much about what other people thought, but she did care what Clark thought.
Clark would think she was sleeping her rent? eek

And then, when Lois had moved into her own apartment, she had to call Clark at night and wake him up to say good night. And in the morning, Clark had to call her and wake her up to say good morning. No, correction, he had to call her to ask her to come with him to Dr. Klein, even though he didn't say so in so many words. But he was lonely and scared and he really needed Lois to come with him to his doctor's appointment.

And they went to Dr. Klein, and he gave them the fairly bad news, and then he extracted a tissue sample from Clark using a long and thick needle... rotflol

(Poor Clark, but I can't help laughing a little. Like Lois said, he's been able to eat like an irresponsible eight-year-old and still have the physique of a Mr. Hardbody. Let him feel for once what it's like to have to watch what you eat!)

&#8220;I don't know if you have a place to stay, um nearby, but I would suggest that you rest for the remainder of the day. Don't do anything too strenuous. In fact, it would be better if you took it easy for the next several days.&#8221;

&#8220;Don't worry, Dr. Klein,&#8221; Lois assured him. &#8220;I'll make sure of that.&#8221;
So you'll need to stay with him now, Lois. Doctor's orders! laugh

Very good chapter, DJ! Come back soon with more!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ah!

Surely not. He had to be glad to at least have his bathroom back, all to himself, and not have to worry about things like not being able to streak from the bedroom to the bathroom because he forgot to take his clothes in there with him.
Mental images! Mmm. drool

Aww Clark! Tell her you're going to miss her! DANG THEIR NEVER COMMUNICATING...NESS.

Despite the frustration, him calling to tell her goodnight was so cute.

And he wasn’t sure he wanted to. Something in Klein’s voice had sounded like he didn’t have good news. Klein had said that he tried to call Clark late last night but the line had been busy.
Ut oh.

While Clark was waiting to get the biopsy I was getting all antsy--Like I was about to be stuck with a needle. :p

Great chapter DJ! But then again, that's the usual.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great part!

wohoo, nice that I got something to read about Jack! I always thought that he knew Clark's secret. It's so great that you have Jack mentioned Jack in your story.

Too bad that Lois and Clark are both too shy to tell the other that they would like to stay in the same apartment. But Clark has to be careful now the next days so wouldn't it be great to have Lois around? laugh

As always, I'm waiting for the next part. smile1

Barbara

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello ladies!

Hi Sheila! Not long enough!?! LOL!!! This part was actually longer than some other parts - coming in at 11 pages. <g> I'll take that as a compliment, though, if it dragged by and you thought it would never end... then we'd have a problem. laugh

Oh good! I'm so glad that the medical jargon and scenes worked - yay (thank you, Sue!)

LOL! Living with him to take better care of him... nice excuse.

And Lois is wanting to be with him. Why didn't she just get up and go to his house. If they have their own apartments, technicaly the don't live together, right?
You know, I do think Lois makes a little mention of this at the end of the next part. <g> Not exactly this, but along these lines... laugh

What errand? Oh, now that would spoil the next part! You wouldn't want me to spoil it, would you? Hang in there, Sheila, you're about to find out.

Okay...you done kinda good but you still left us in the dark. I don't know why we keep coming back for more. Okay, it's because you're an awesome writer and you have that power over us...and I hate you for it!
Awwww, thanks! I just love those "love/hate" relationships. LOLS! Thanks for the fdk, Sheila! I loved it!!!

Hi Ann! <DJ cries for Ann and for the lost fdk> Poor thing! Well thank you for coming back and giving me more nice fdk anyway - darn that ROTFL icon!

I'm glad you enjoyed the part with Jack. <g>

No, Lois doesn't think that "Clark" would think she was 'sleeping her rent'. Lois thinks that she might be imposing on Clark... that he needs his space, because (as she pointed out) after all, they aren't married. wink

Ah, I see where you were adding the ROTFL icon. <g> Glad you liked that - I found it rather funny, myself.

Thanks for the fdk, Ann! Glad you enjoyed it!

Hi Laura S! LOL at your mental images. <g>
While Clark was waiting to get the biopsy I was getting all antsy--Like I was about to be stuck with a needle. [Razz]
Me too (while I was writing it) - I'm a huge needlephoebic. Hate them!

Thanks for the fdk, Laura, I appreciate it! I don't know about it being the 'usual', but that's so sweet of you to say. <g>

Hi Barbara! Glad you enjoyed Jack. <g>

Well, even if Lois doesn't stay with Clark the next few days... I'm sure she'll still be "around". <g> Although, she just might stay, you never know. laugh

Thanks for the fdk and glad to know you're waiting for the next one. <g>

Okay, so have I lost some readers because they are beginning to think "sheesh - how long is this story going to go on, anyway?" Is it getting too lengthy? Too wordy? Is it seeming to meander too much?

Well, I desperately hope that's not what anyone thinks. But I did want to reassure you that I do know now how many more posts there will be. As it stands now there will be 23 parts total. I'm still tinkering with 2 sections, trying to decide if they should be 1 short and 1 regular post or combine them into 1 very long post... so if I decide to combine them, we could have 22 parts. I originally said 20 - 25 parts - so I've kept to my guidelines.

So basically we have 5 parts left. I hope (and truly do think) that you all will greatly enjoy the next part. There are still a couple of fairly big angsty moments left in the story, but the next part isn't one of them. <g> And the last 3 parts will move pretty fast... winding up for the last big hill on the rollercoaster, so to speak.

Thank you all for your gracious fdk so far. I'm not sure when I'll post part 19... still doing a little tweaking and things are kind of busy right now.

But I'll see you back soon.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, DJ! drool Problem solved. wink Hehehe...

Andreia laugh

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Andreia!!! <big hug> I'm so glad to know that you're still with me. <g> Thanks so much for the fdk. Just so you know, in my book, as long as you come to the party - you're never late. laugh laugh

Hope you enjoyed part 19. <g>

C-ya!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Late, as always, but I wanted to leave feedback on this part, anyway.

The goodnight phone call was so "When Harry Met Sally" that I had to grin. The phone almost works for them. They could set up there little nightly ritual of saying goodnight without anyone imposes on anyone else's space. At least, they could if they were both content with it... which they're obviously not.

And it wouldn’t hurt to make sure that you’re eating healthy, either. Lots of vegetables and whole grains.”

Lois snorted. She didn’t mean to do it so loudly, but both men turned to look at her. “Sorry.” Her cheeks flushed and she flashed Clark a smile. “Private joke.”

Clark returned her smile and then grimaced – in other words, no more donuts for breakfast or midnight runs for Twinkies and Ho-Ho’s. “But my body hasn’t ever seemed to rely on food in the past,” he contended.
I had to laugh at this. I felt like telling him, "No, dufus. The whole grains aren't for your nourishment; they're intended to clean your colon out. Toxins leave the body in many ways: perspiration, expiration, elimination, etc. So eat your Fiberoos, Clark!

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard