Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Very nice ending, Anna. Such a sweet little story and I enjoyed it all the way through.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, thought it was a vey nice story. I very, very much liked the Egyptian angle, with mummies and sarcophagi. It gave the story an exotic, mysterious feeling.

I liked the Dougal fiasco, too. Well... I mean... it was interesting that Perry would make Dogual Lois's partner (just because she was so furious at Clark at the time, if I remember it correctly), and then it was so horrible and yet somehow satisfying that Dougal was plotting her death (I knew it! The creep!!!!), and it was extremely satisfying that Dougal was defeated and tried and found guilty, too.

I was glad that the governor was forced to step down, too. The creep! But... Mindy Church!!! Oh, Anna, you had me groaning. Unfortunately, I agree with you. Mindy Church would be acquitted, and for a very simple reason. She is filthy rich, and therefore she can afford the very best lawyers. The very best lawyers in America, who will charge their clients a fortune, are so good at their job that they will almost certainly get their clients acquitted. After I followed the O.J. Simpson trial, I firmly believe that. But oh, how maddeningly irritating it is!!!

For all of that, I enjoyed the court scenes, and with my extremely limited experience I found them very realistic.

I very much enjoyed the very sweet scenes between Lois and Clark, too. This was lovely:

This, she realised, is what life was going to be like with Clark; being swept off her feet constantly by the little things he did. The sweet, charming and loveable things; the strong, yet tender and considerate things; the farm boy slash flyboy things. All the things that made him exactly who he was, whether he wore a suit and tie or another kind of suit altogether: Clark.
Aaaawwwww!!!! *happy sigh*

I was highly tempted in the last scene to mention that Lois wouldn't mind joining Clark's 'mile high club'
Heh. Actually, Anna, there is a story tucked away somewhere in the nfic folder on these boards, where Lois does join Clark's 'mile high club'! Clark and Lois are off to see Clark's parents, and they will stay with them for perhaps a week. Lois warns Clark that they may not be able to do "that" for a week, and Clark, who is at that time transporting Lois via 'Superman express', does the equivalent of a very slow 'spin' which removes his Superman suit without replacing it with his Clark clothes, and... I'll let everybody's imagination fill in the rest! laugh

If you want an epilogue (with maybe a wedding in it...?), let me know. I'll write one if there's demand for one. I'd kinda like to have one myself... But we'll see.
Sure! I'd be very happy to see an epilogue with their wedding in it. (I'd be even happier if you'd give us at least a little hint of what their honeymoon is like, too.... laugh )

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! Part 8b!

I am now off to read Harry Potter (since I just recently got home from work with it... ).
Fantastic, wasn't it? laugh

Lois jumped at the voice, so absorbed was she in her exchange with Clark. “Perry!” she finally said. “We were just…”

“I think I know exactly what you were doing,” her editor said firmly, though a twinkle shone in his eye
Hehe. I love Perry catching them at work. That big ol' softie.

The sweet, charming and loveable things; the strong, yet tender and considerate things; the farm boy slash flyboy things.
Eeee! I love Farmboy/flyboy things. laugh

I was highly tempted in the last scene to mention that Lois wouldn't mind joining Clark's 'mile high club', but I decided to leave it out. Just in case you were wondering.
I see nfic epilogue! Pllllleeeeeaaaaasssseeee??

That was a wonderful, wonderful story! Sorry it took me so long to review. Between Harry Potter and real life it's been hard to catch a moment to relax and catch up on things. I can't wait for your next endeavor, Anna, because I'm sure it'll be wonderful.

And I wouldn't be adverse to a wedding epilogue, either. smile

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just read the whole story this morning!

Very waffy with just the right amount of an A plot to drive the important stuff - WAFF!!

I'd love to see an epilogue with a wedding and a honeymoon - the nfic folder would work nicely for that if you were so inclined!!

Lovely story!!!!!

There was one thing that was left out.... Lois' left cross to Dougal's cheek!!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi guys!

Thanks very much for the wonderful feedback. I'm sorry I haven't been able to respond until now. I'm away on holiday and have been staying at my brother's flat in Auckland. I'm now over at my Grandma's house for a few days before heading back to Auckland and then home.

Anyway...back to the feedback! laugh

But... Mindy Church!!! Oh, Anna, you had me groaning. Unfortunately, I agree with you. Mindy Church would be acquitted, and for a very simple reason. She is filthy rich, and therefore she can afford the very best lawyers. The very best lawyers in America, who will charge their clients a fortune, are so good at their job that they will almost certainly get their clients acquitted. After I followed the O.J. Simpson trial, I firmly believe that. But oh, how maddeningly irritating it is!!!
I'm glad that you agreed with me, Ann. While I wanted to tie everything up in a neat little package and have Mindy Church sent off to jail for the rest of her life, it just didn't seem realistic; I wasn't able to imagine it in my mind properly. I guess my mind was thinking the same thing as yours - Mindy Church is very rich. Her lawyers are the best. There's no way they would let her go down.

For all of that, I enjoyed the court scenes, and with my extremely limited experience I found them very realistic.
I'm glad you found them realistic! I was so worried writing them! I was drawing on my Law and Order knowledge to create the scenes... wink

Very nice ending, Anna. Such a sweet little story and I enjoyed it all the way through.
Thank you very much, Sheila! I really appreciate your thoughts. smile

I very much enjoyed the very sweet scenes between Lois and Clark, too. This was lovely:

This, she realised, is what life was going to be like with Clark; being swept off her feet constantly by the little things he did. The sweet, charming and loveable things; the strong, yet tender and considerate things; the farm boy slash flyboy things. All the things that made him exactly who he was, whether he wore a suit and tie or another kind of suit altogether: Clark.
Aww, I'm glad that everyone liked that bit! I really enjoyed writing it. smile I always like sweet lines myself...

Very waffy with just the right amount of an A plot to drive the important stuff - WAFF!!
Aww! Thanks for reading, Missy! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it! It's always nice when someone comes and gets to read it all in one go (apart from perhaps the epilogue... wink ). smile

There was one thing that was left out.... Lois' left cross to Dougal's cheek!!
Hah! I'll bet you're not the only one who thinks that... wink

Sure! I'd be very happy to see an epilogue with their wedding in it. (I'd be even happier if you'd give us at least a little hint of what their honeymoon is like, too.... )
I see nfic epilogue! Pllllleeeeeaaaaasssseeee??
And I wouldn't be adverse to a wedding epilogue, either.
I'd love to see an epilogue with a wedding and a honeymoon - the nfic folder would work nicely for that if you were so inclined!!
Haha! Looks like just about everyone would like an epilogue that deals with the wedding/honeymoon night. Unfortunately, I can't say that it will be nfic, because it won't - I just don't write nfic myself (don't think I'd be any good at it anyway...). I will, however, write a gfic (or PG-fic, if you will...) epilogue, dealing with the same topics. I promise waff. There can't be anything else, since the A-plot is all done with! laugh

I'll work on it while on my holiday since I'm just relaxing and I find writing relaxing. smile I brought all my files with me on a USB drive, so no problems there. smile

I also brought a little vignette that I'm working on, so we'll see which one gets posted first! smile

Thanks again for the feedback. I really appreciate it!

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard