Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Kerth
Kerth
Wonderful, as always. However, I don't believe that you've fully resolved the A-plot. And I care very deeply about A-plots. :rolleyes: So...hmmmm...what to do? Well, I guess you'll just have to write a sequel. Yes, another Sue story is the only solution. Sorry, really, it's your own fault. laugh And if you must include more B-plot, well, I suppose I could barely tolerate more deliciously written romance. wink So get back to your keyboard soon! smile1

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nope, that was deliberate. Since the kind they found in Serbia didn't have fluorine, I left it out. <g>
The I guess we should tell them to update the page on Jadarite so that it no longer says "So far the effects of Jadarite on superheroes have not been noted by researchers." -- We know exactly what it does to Superman now, don't we?

I'm not sure how to answer that. I just write what's in my head. As far as growing up goes - maybe we can trade? I'll be you (with your wit, talent at both vids and stories, and ability to stalk DC movie locations years after the fact) and you can be me. <g>
*giggles* I write what's in my head too. Sadly enough, right now there's absolutely nothing at all up there, hence the video making phase. And the rest of the time, I'm just annoying the hell out of everyone with my fantasies about Batman, aren't I? wink (and I swear, I really don't know how I got myself into those... I wasn't planning on it!)

As for trading - you realize if we did, I might not want to go back to being me again for a very long time. Hey, you're the one with Clark in her closet... he won't even visit my town! wink

Okay, originally *Clark* did show up at the airport. I'll find an earlier version and send it to you. It was very sweet. They hugged like there was no tomorrow and then he took her home. And left her there. And they both wished they were still together and she finally called him - just to hear his voice - and he silently wished that she'd tell him to come over. Then she hangs up and puts on her shoes and marches over there. And there was a whole scene where she asks if she can sleep there and... Geez, I gotta find the original because it did have some really nice bits in it. <sniffle>
Oooh! Alternate version! Nifty. smile What happened with the press and the police, though? Especially the police - wouldn't they want to find out what's happened to Clark? The reporters that were there in this version seemed to say that everyone was looking for him. I'd have to go back and check for sure, but didn't you say he was wanted for questioning, even? That's why I figured it made sense for Clark not to show up - it would have made more trouble than it was worth, I guess...

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Columnist
Columnist
great story and a great end. So full of emotions and love. I loved every single bit of it.

You're are the queen and DJ is the best for always nagging you and encouraging you. You are a great team.

Can't wait to read new stuff.

Thank you for this great story. Will have to read it once again when it is in the archive in one piece.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A great story, Sue! I loved how they renewed their vows. That was a very special moment. Thanks for sharing this with us!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Love the $20 dollar bet.

Love the explination of Clark's loss of powers.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Kerth
Kerth
After a long evening where I couldn't check the boards I was back this morning. And there was more! Squee!
There is something so heartbreakingly perfect and wish-fulfilling-y about this. It's like watching the reversal of the second law of thermodynamics.
That's one of the few parts that was in there from the beginning that actually got to stay. It was something I could picture perfectly in my head. Her last memories of him are that he's bloodied and bruised and then - ta da! - around the corner comes Superman. It has to be a discognitive moment, but in a good way. And, like Ann and Shelia pointed out, they have so much they want to say to each other, but they can't.
The reporters saw Lois and Superman(?) enter her apartment building, but they won't see Superman leave - aren't they going to they wonder?
Ah, they might. But that was a clunky conversation so I cut it. He left the light on so that anyone watching from outside would think someone (Superman) was still awake in there. To me it made sense that Superman would stay there since Mickey is no doubt very unhappy that she's back in Metropolis alive. I figured Lois could always tell everyone the next morning (truthfully!) that Clark had stayed there, too.

I was at the airport late at night at the end of June and there was a bunch of media there (for some soldiers who were also coming home). It set off the alarms in my brain and that's when I reworked the entire ending. Gunshot wounds have to be reported. I should have had Clark interviewed after he woke up, but it messed with the flow of the story. So I fudged it and just had them come to talk to Lois (it was the weekend - maybe the sheriff's office was busy with other calls?). And then I realized that a known gangster trying to off two reporters would be a major story. So Clark couldn't come to the airport to pick her up. Originally they discussed why she didn't answer Brendan's question about their marriage but, in the end, that was also too clunky to keep.
Neat explanation, Sue, but since I didn't figure it out, I need to say in my defence that you can't store radiation from a sun as radiation inside a metal or a mineral.
Not in our terrestrial stuff, sure. But all bets are off for Kryptonian stuff. <g> Yes, the laws of physics don't apply in the Superman universe. The guy can fly for cryin' out loud. wink
Can I borrow this please? Pretty please?
Patrick, if you like the idea so much, you can run with it. I'm honored. laugh
This story had me laughing and crying and "awwwwww"ing like a maniac. I'm sure anyone would think I was insane if they saw me reading it.
Thanks, Jessi! (And to everyone else who said I made them go "awww"!) There really can't be a better compliment than hearing that a story could make you laugh and cry (and "awww"). <sniffle> You're gonna make me cry!
However, I don't believe that you've fully resolved the A-plot. And I care very deeply about A-plots.
Oh geeeeeeeeez. Do you have any idea how much I *didn't* want an A-plot for this story? And then, how it infiltrated my thoughts? Once I had Mickey knowing that they were back in Metropolis, it just snowballed from there. When will Clark finally surface again as Clark? How do they explain his lack of injuries - or do they fake them? How do they go after Mickey? After all, he wasn't *there* when they were shot and it's their word against his that he ordered the execution. The day before he was seen celebrating their wedding with them - so he could say they were friends. If they discredit him over the forced wedding that would make it invalid and they don't want that anymore. Mickey could also point out that he got them a swanky room and took them out to dinner. And what the heck was going to go down at Hoover Dam to begin with? These are all problems that have tortured me.

And B-plot? They're newlyweds and, while they have come through an incredible ordeal that has strengthened their relationship, eventually the everyday humdrum of life is going to set in and they might both question what the heck they were thinking and if they rushed things.
As for trading - you realize if we did, I might not want to go back to being me again for a very long time. Hey, you're the one with Clark in her closet... he won't even visit my town!
Maybe Clark doesn't come there, but his Hollywood double is known to make a movie or two there. wink

Sheesh - I apologize. I went off on a tangent. I just wanted to say "thanks!". I very much appreciate all the nice things people have said. Now where are the tissues? mecry

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Features Writer
Features Writer
Bwa! I just read all seven parts today. I gotta say, I loved it. With the whole fake shotgun wedding that wasn't really fake and the survival in the desert.

Oooh actually you know, I was standing in this ceremony for what seemed like years earlier this morning and I think I was in the middle of part five when I had to leave for this, and part of my brain went 'sooooo thirsty!' and the other part went 'shoosh you, Lois and Clark are injured in the middle of the desert with no water right now!'

So yeah, very good read laugh

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Patrick, if you like the idea so much, you can run with it. I'm honored.
Thank you very much. It totally rocks as a way to fight invading New Kryptonians.

"BATTLEGROUND EARTH"
Gold Rev.
8/2/96

COLONEL CASH:
Well, we're not just gonna sit
still for this... I'm calling the
Pentagon! The U.N. has to let the
military act.

PERRY:
But Colonel, what can you do
against these people? You've
already lost men trying to stop
'em... You simply don't have a
weapon that's effective against
Kryptonians.

Framework4
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I loved all the reminders you included of previous ahhhh moments. Clark telling her that she owes him a date and a kiss (a scorching one, was it?). Expectations. The fact that Clark has slept in worse places. And the vows.

Ahhhh.

Elisabeth

Blogger
Blogger
thank you very much Sue for this very nice story;
yesterday evening, it was thundery weather but I couldn't switch off the computer because I wanted to read, read and know the end of your story;

well, there wasn't any danger ... I was with Superman ! cat lol

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think I still hadn't dropped by a FDK folder for this story... As usual, I'm quite late, and it's all laziness, but I really had to stop by and at least let you know I found the story great (big surprise here wink )

This last chapter was one of the best things I've read lately. It was just amazing. I loved Lois's phone calls, how she kept ringing back until she finally said what she needed to say. I wasn't expecting the turn of events at the airport, and the last scene, at Lois's appartment had me AWWWing every two lines. That was certainly some incredible waff!

Thank you for a great read!

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sue, where do I even begin my fdk? Hmmm? I could probably quote the entire part - it was so freakin good. <waffy sigh>

But as good as several parts of it were - for one, the tension in the hospital when Superman came to visit Lois and they couldn't touch one another or hold one another the way they wanted to (waffy sigh at the way he held her so that it looked like support, but it was so much more) - the repetition of the vows at the end was spectacular. Perfect really.

I am so glad, thrilled actually, that you took up my challenge to give these 2 a vegas-style, elopement marriage complete with loads of UST. You fulfilled my hopes with your usual amazing flair. I loved this story, Sue. It will be a must read again, over and over again. <g>

Thank you so much. And wonderful job!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sort of off topic: I wish we'd had a site like this when I was taking crystallogaphy. It would have been soooo much easier! http://www.mindat.org/min-31570.html
It's amazing!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As usual, I'm coming late to the party, but I had to tell you how much I loved this story, Sue (though this is no news. I love all of your stories). hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I absolutly loved this fic!! But at least I know, it's not over, over and that I have one more part coming, in another folder. wink Can't wait. smile1

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh Sue! It was really nice. I loved this story and I loved the ending. You have this fabulous way of always ending a story just the right way. It never seems cheesy and I love that.

Thank you so much for sharing this story with us. I know you went through a lot while you were writing it but it was really a joy to those of us who come here every day hoping to see something new posted by you and many of the other wonderful authors here.

I know this story helped brighten my day a few times when I was really down and for that I thank you. I know I don't always comment quickly or at all but I am always here reading and loving every moment of your stories.

*hug*

Thanks Lady. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Kerth
Kerth
Cat - you're cracking me up! Love that you figured you could suffer along with our heroes. Perhaps if you suffer long enough, Clark will come and grace your closet? wink

Elisabeth - glad you liked the "aww" moments. I had her join him on the floor because she's slept in worse places, too.

Pivoine - I'm laughing that you risked blowing out the computer just to read the ending. I'm glad nothing drastic happened. Thanks for sticking with me!

Cristina - the thing about FDK is that it's never truly "late". I liked her phone calls, too. <g>

DJ, DJ, DJ. <sigh> You poor thing. You've suffered almost as much as our heroes in having to read multiple drafts. Thanks for sticking with me to the bitter end!

Andreia - see above comments about never being "late". <g> I'm delighted I could make you smile. smile

loveLandC - yes, eventually there will be an epilogue. As soon as I'm done with my house remodel, I'll be able to start writing again.

Jojo - I'm so relieved the ending didn't seem cheesy. I think I get too close to the darn thing and I lose all perspective. I worry that I veer into cheese territory quite often. Thanks for setting my mind to ease.

Thanks to everyone who has supported me through this story. I really do appreciate every little effort y'all make on my behalf. <sniffle>

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Sue S.:
yes, eventually there will be an epilogue.
laugh clap

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
If your remodel goes like ours usually do, we may never see Sue again.

Elisabeth
biting her fingernails

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
While commenting on the other one, I figured I'd better comment here, too... I read along with the first two parts of this, then stepped away until I saw it was finished. Then I got caught up. Excellent story. I'd quote everything I loved but it'd take a few hours, so I'll just mention the hospital scene, when Superman comes to visit. So emotionally fraught, yet they can't display any of it. Same with the phone calls & conversation at her apartment -- so much they want to say and even in privacy they can't figure out how to say it. 'Til the last scene, which is perfect. <happy sigh>

Thanks for writing & sharing it with us.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard