Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44560 07/18/07 11:51 AM
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I am not believing this! Why did Clark let Lois go? And why didn't she give him a sign? Now, he'll never get to her because she'll be staying at Lex's penthouse.

The fight went out of Lois at the first touch of his lips on hers. His kiss was passionate, yet tender. It was terrifying, yet calming. She sighed as she wound her arms around his neck, silently encouraging him. She was kissing Clark—really kissing him. And it amazed her.

Clark encircled her waist with his arms, pulling her closer. Lois groaned in pleasure as his tongue sought contact with hers. As he deepened the kiss, all conscious thought fled her mind. She was totally and completely lost. The only thing that penetrated her passion-induced thoughts was the fact that she was finally kissing the man she loved. After fighting her attraction to Clark for so long, after finding out that Clark was Superman, after realizing that she’d made such a mess of their friendship, she had finally found home in his arms. Nothing else mattered. Not the Daily Planet’s demise, not the multitude of reporters still littering the sidewalk outside Clark’s apartment, and certainly not Lex Luthor.
Lois, you can't fake that! Why didn't you just give Clark a clue?

“Clark, I can’t do this. I can’t pretend with you. I thought I could, but it’s impossible.”

“What are you talking about, Lois? If you’re trying to tell me that you were only pretending to kiss me, well, you’re going to have to do better then that.”

Lois closed her eyes briefly, hating herself for what she was about to do. “I’ve always been attracted to Superman. You know that, Clark. But now that I know he’s only you…” Lois turned away from him. She knew that if she saw the pain that was undoubtedly in his eyes now, she would fall apart. “I can’t pretend to love you, Clark. I thought that I could do it if it meant that I could be with Superman, but now I know that Superman’s not real.”

Lois winced as Clark’s gasp reached her ears. “You don’t mean that, Lois,” he begged, his voice broken.

“I’m sorry, but I do. I don’t love you. I love Lex and I’m going to marry him.”

“Lois…”

“I have to go.” She glanced at him once more, and the look in his eyes was almost her undoing. “Goodbye, Clark,” she whispered, afraid her voice would break at higher volumes, before making a hasty escape from his apartment.
Ugg! Don't believe her Clark!

Clark felt the knife in his heart twist before it plunged deeper. His greatest fear had always been that she wouldn’t be able to accept him for who he really was if she ever found out that he was Superman. The question that had plagued him his entire life had finally been answered. He wasn’t meant to have a wife—a family. He wasn’t human. His place of belonging had exploded thirty years ago—he belonged no where. Earth was just a vessel on which he was forced to live a sad and lonely life.
Clark is more human here than most men. Yes you are meant to have a wife and family...Lois. Just stop sulking and listen to your mind. The clues are there!
“Honey, where is Lois? She looked upset when she came by earlier,” his mom said as she sat down next to him on the couch. His father took a seat on his other side.

Clark shook his head, trying to keep his emotions in check. He’d shed enough tears for one night. “I don’t think she’ll be coming back. She told me that she’s going to marry Lex Luthor next Saturday.” Clark felt his mother put a comforting hand on his shoulder. “She said that she loves him,” he said quietly, his heart breaking all over again as the words left his mouth.

“Oh, Honey, are you sure it wasn’t a misunderstanding? Lois knows what kind of person Lex Luthor is,” Martha told her son. “It was just yesterday that she promised to help you, Perry, and Jimmy expose him for the criminal he is.”

“Your mother’s right, Clark. This doesn’t make any sense,” Jonathan added.

“I don’t know what happened!” Clark cried. He looked at his mother with tears in his eyes. “She changed her mind—about me. It was Superman that she wanted all along. Finding out that he’s only me…” Clark got up from the couch and turned his back to his parents. He shouldn’t have come home yet. He really didn’t want to be around anyone just yet, not even his parents.

“Lois loves you; I’m sure of it. Something isn’t right, Clark,” Martha said.
Thank God that Clark has a wise mother who is using her brain when her son clearly isn't emotionally capable to use his right now. He had started to pick up on the clues.
“Clark, I know that you’re hurting right now. But regardless of what was said or done, you can’t let her marry Luthor. He’s a monster. Your mother’s right, something is terribly wrong.” His father’s voice broke into his thoughts.

Clark turned and faced his parents, and something that had been in the back of his mind, quietly begging to be heard, finally came forward. He’d been so caught up in his grief, unable to listen to reason, that he’d ignored it.

It was the way she’d kissed him back. There was no way that a person could pretend that kind of passion. In fact, he’d even called her on it, before her words had shaken him to the core. And before that, he remembered thinking that she had acted as if she’d been coerced into agreeing to marry Luthor.

How could he have forgotten that?

“I’m an idiot,” Clark said, mentally giving himself a good kick in the rear.

“Why do you say that, Son?” Jonathan asked.

“When Lois first arrived here earlier she acted very strangely. And when she told me that she was going to marry Luthor she used the word ‘agreed.’ She said, ‘I’ve agreed to marry Lex.’ Doesn’t sound like something that somebody who was happy about getting married would say, does it?”

“No, it doesn’t,”
Now grab that evidence and go and get your mate!

Oh, please don't hold out too long for the next part.

Isn't it funny,...we have a pretty good idea how each story will end but we still grovel pridelessly for new installments. What's wrong with us?

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#44561 07/18/07 05:04 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! I love your posting schedule. Okay, onto the story. It's so exciting!

Oh god! How could she forget? Lois broke the kiss with a small cry. She pushed Clark away, ignoring the hurt and confused expression on his face.
Noo!!! *outraged howl* Go back to kissing him, Lois!

“I’ve always been attracted to Superman. You know that, Clark. But now that I know he’s only you…”
jawdrop Oh my god! It's Clark's worst fear. He's going to be so hurt!

It was the way she’d kissed him back. There was no way that a person could pretend that kind of passion. In fact, he’d even called her on it, before her words had shaken him to the core. And before that, he remembered thinking that she had acted as if she’d been coerced into agreeing to marry Luthor.
Yes! Put the pieces together Clark!

TBC...
Such a tease. wink Can't wait for the next part. I'm definitely on the edge of my seat.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#44562 07/19/07 07:22 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I'm getting ready to go camping for the weekend and won't be back until Monday. I just wanted to say thank you for the fdk! I'll post the next part either Monday or Tuesday. Hope you all have a good weekend!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard