Next Thread
Print Thread
#44547 07/18/07 05:29 AM
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Woohoo! I get to start this one! dance

DJ I was NOT punishing you by giving you short feedback before. I was...just pouting. peep

Just kidding. Actually I read it while I should have been studying so I figured if I didn't indulge in a long feedback I wouldn't be as guilty...right? Sort of like I'm doing now.

So...heat exhaustion? I'm glad that's all it was. Poor Clark. And Lois is really coming thru showing how much she loves him.

Lois felt her mouth drop open in horror. His clothes! Clark was still dressed as... Clark! And Dr. Klein was on his way over to help her with Superman. No, no, no!
Good thinking Lois but why do I think that Dr. Klein already knows?

Okay... the shirt. She’d remove the shirt next. Lois methodically unbuttoned it and then laid it open. She was trying hard not to gawk at his well-defined pectoral muscles or the sculpted lines of his abs, but they were a little distracting to say the least.
I sure would be oogling if I had to undress Dean...I mean Clark, even if I had to medically undress him. At least Lois has come to terms with the fact that she really does love Clark and is attracted to him physically.

She took hold of her shirt and pulled it away from her chest, blowing a stream of air down into the opening, and then began fanning the shirt against her. As she reached up to wipe her forehead with the back of her other hand, she could tell that perspiration had long since curled a few of her errant hairs. She thought she had been hot before – she was going to need a shower by the time this was over... most likely a cold one.
Lois Lane...hot and bothered by the farmboy. Go figure! It's okay Lois. I would be, too.

Clark woke up slowly, feeling disoriented. The last thing he remembered clearly was throwing up in his bathroom. He had a vague recollection of people being there and of being moved...

And now he found himself lying on his side in his bed... In his Suit? What was he doing in that? Something soft and warm was draped over him and dangling against his chest. He looked down and realized it was someone’s arm.

A woman’s arm...

Lois’s arm?

His heart began to race and he turned over carefully in bed so that he could look at her.
I hope Lois realized how much Clark really does love her especially now that she has shown him that she loves him by taking care of him...in sickness...

He couldn’t count the number of dreams he’d had where he would wake up in bed next to her.

They didn’t quite happen like this, but still...

Clark reached over and touched her cheek, caressing it gently with his thumb. “Lois?” he whispered softly.

“Hmmm what, Clark?” she mumbled, not yet awake.

Clark was about to say her name again when her eyes flew open and then widened in surprise. “Um, hi,” she said shyly.

“Hi,” he repeated back to her.

“Sorry,” she mumbled as she started to pull away from him. “You were tossing in your sleep and I was afraid you were going to pull your IV out. As long as I was touching you, you seemed to calm down. I was just going to lay by you until you fell asleep but...” She paused in her explanation when he reached out and put one arm around her, holding her in place.

“Don’t apologize.”
Even unconscious, Clark knows Lois's presence and she has a calming affect on him. This is just so sweet...and innocent.

He slowly sat up and then scooted back to lean against the headboard, letting the covers fall from his body to expose blue spandex. “How did I get into my Suit?”

Lois looked away from him shyly. “I, uh, put it on you. I didn’t know what else to do. I told Dr. Klein that Superman wasn’t feeling well and I had asked him to meet me here.” She gave his hand a gentle squeeze. “You’re not mad, are you? It’s just that when I found you passed out on the floor, it scared me. I knew someone needed to look at you and there wasn’t any way I could get you up from the floor, let alone move you. So I called Dr. Klein.”

“No. I’m not mad, Lois,” he hurried to assure her, smiling lovingly at her. He had really been too hard on her about Dr. Klein. She needed to know that he trusted her. “You did exactly what you should have done.”
Clark is showing Lois that he really does trust her judgement now.

What bad timing for Jimmy...and Jack. I want to know what Clark went shopping for earlier. wallbash

Okay, DJ...stop stalling and start revealing stuff...or I'm gonna pout...again!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#44548 07/18/07 08:13 AM
Columnist
Columnist
This part was just so great! I really liked it. I'm glad to see that Clark is starting to relax about Dr. Klein now. Even Superman needs help sometimes.

What she wouldn’t give to be a fly on the wall right now.
Me too! I can't wait to see what Jack is going to say to Clark. I always loved the idea that he knew.

Can't wait for the next part!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#44549 07/18/07 12:20 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay for chapter 17! I was nearly late to work this morning because I was trying to read quickly. But I couldn't make it all. I loved Lois' struggle to change him into his Superman outfit. I bet that'd actually be pretty tough to do. Anyway, I'm going to start commenting as I read from about the second half of the chapter.

“Sorry,” she mumbled as she started to pull away from him. “You were tossing in your sleep and I was afraid you were going to pull your IV out. As long as I was touching you, you seemed to calm down. I was just going to lay by you until you fell asleep but...” She paused in her explanation when he reached out and put one arm around her, holding her in place.

“Don’t apologize.”
Aww, I love how he calmed down when she touched him, even in his sleep. smile It's too cute.

Clark’s... uh...” She glanced back at Clark who was hiding off to one side, clothed in his super hero outfit, “...getting dressed.”

The astonished looks on the two boys’ faces brought a flush into hers.
rotflol

I'd love to see their faces.

What she wouldn’t give to be a fly on the wall right now.
Me too!

Wonderful job on this one. Lois and Clark were so perfectly in character and particularily adorable in this part.

smile

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#44550 07/18/07 09:10 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Took me long enough to respond to this, but... WEEEEEE!!! I loved it! smile1 Consider: DJ Saved Our Clark! DJ SOC! And Lois undressed Clark again! And everything was nice and WAFFY and aaaaawwwww....

Okay, let's take things from the beginning....

Half-way to the street, her pager began beeping and she stopped to dig through her purse one-handed as she stuck the other arm in the air to flag down a cab. Her fingers closed around something hard and she pulled her hand out to find it clutching a container of mace. Making a face, she gave up her pursuit of a taxi and focused on finding the pager. Who was paging her anyway? Did Perry already want something else?
Okay, Lois needs to save Clark, and DJ is making me nervous because Lois has trouble even finding her pager.

She finally located the item and snatched it out of her purse, glancing at the display as she pulled it out. Lois frowned. It was the number for Clark's apartment. She glanced at her watch. The press conference was surely over by now, but why did Clark want her to call his apartment? She had told him she'd meet him at their temporary office.
Lois finally finds her pager, realizes she has been called from Clark's apartment, and is confused.

Lois turned around and headed back for the pay phone. She dialed his number and waited impatiently for the phone to ring once, twice, a third and finally a fourth time before Clark's answering machine picked up. “Hi. This is Clark. I'm not home right now...” his recorded voice began. Lois hung up the phone and bit her lip. Why hadn't he answered?
Should she go check on him?
Yes, yes, yes, Lois! Go NOW!!!

She really needed to get this story written up for Perry.
So you think you should do that instead of checking on Clark? Gaaahh!! Take the story and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine!

But what if something was wrong? She had told him to page her if he needed something, and obviously he had paged her - his phone number is what came up.
Listen to your own arguments, Lois!

She should probably try him again. Maybe he was just in the bathroom and couldn't get to the phone.
Actually, you are right - he was in the bathroom and he couldn't get to the phone. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't check on him!

She dialed the number and waited anxiously. Again, no answer.
Wasting time...

Lois sighed as she flagged down a taxi and got inside. Clark had better be dying – or else Perry was going to kill her.
Careful what you wish for, Lois!

Lois exited the cab and paid the driver. She hurried up the steps to Clark's apartment and then froze when she got to the top.

The door was standing partway open.

In this heat? Clark wouldn't leave the door open like that for the air conditioning to pour out of. She approached the door cautiously and peeked her head inside. There was no sign of Clark.
Now you can see that something is wrong, Lois!

She lowered the lamp and shook her head at herself. Lane, you've gotta get a grip, girl. There could be a million reasons for why the door had been left open. Maybe the building maintenance man had been by and had left it open. Maybe Clark had been here but had already gone... and he had left in such a hurry that he forgot to shut the door. Yeah, that was probably it.
So now you are just going to leave Clark's apartment, without checking his bathroom? eek

After a few seconds of contemplating searching the entire apartment, just to be sure, she convinced herself that she was overreacting.
Overreacting? Clark has paged her from his apartment, and when she gets there the place appears to be empty but his door has been left incongruously open, and she tells herself that she doesn't need to search his apartment because that would be overreacting? Award-winning investigative reporter Lois Lane???

She set the lamp down on the floor and realized that between the heat outside and the excitement in here, she was sweating profusely. It would do her some good to freshen up a bit.

The sight that met her as she walked into Clark's bathroom made her blood run cold. “Clark!”
Well, thank God she found him!!! The stupid girl!

Phew!!! Sorry, DJ, but you wrote this whole part so teasingly that you kept me wondering if Lois would find Clark at all! Thank God she did!!!

“It's Superman,” she blurted out. “Something's wrong with him. He's passed out. He got a sunburn...”

“Is it bad?”

“No,” she ventured, “I don't think so. But the rest of his skin is clammy. He wasn't feeling well earlier and...” And what? She came to Clark Kent's apartment and found him passed out here? “I, uh, asked him to meet me at Clark Kent's apartment. I've been staying at his place... it's a long story. Anyway, when I got here, I found Superman passed out. I don't know what to do, Dr. Klein. I can't get him up into bed by myself and I don't know how serious his condition is.”
Dr. Klein to the rescue!!!

“Clark? You're gonna be okay, you hear me? I called Dr. Klein. He'll know what to do,” she rambled as she continued to bathe his face with the cool rag.

Maybe she should take his tie off and unbutton his shirt? It might help to run this rag over his neck and chest as well and...

Lois felt her mouth drop open in horror. His clothes! Clark was still dressed as... Clark! And Dr. Klein was on his way over to help her with Superman. No, no, no!
eek

“Clark, please wake up,” she pleaded with him. Embarrassment flushed her cheeks as she realized he wasn't going to cooperate and she was going to have to undress him and put his suit on herself.
Lois is going to undress Clark! Wo-hooo!!!

Her palms began to sweat. Why was this so hard? She had undressed him and helped him get into his pajama pants at his parents house the other night when he'd had too much to drink.

Ah, yes, but it had been almost pitch black. She hadn't turned any lights on, not wanting to wake his parents up. And he had sort of been awake then. He'd been able to at least help her. He had gotten his pants off on his own and had even managed to get his pajamas on by himself.

This was different. It was broad daylight. Clark was unconscious...

And they had told each other that they loved one another.
Why am I not feeling sorry for you, Lois? laugh

She slid the belt from his pants and then unbuttoned and unzipped them.

Oh god... Focus! No...! On the task...!
smile1

No, no the boxers would stay on;
Coward! Hmmmph!

Lois tugged, pulled and slid and finally she had the garment on – with a minimal amount of awkwardness at touching certain areas of his body. The legs had been easy, but when she had gotten to his waist... well, besides trying to get acceptable handholds, it had just been a lot tighter of a fit to get the Suit over his hips... and ample backside. At least the Suit unzipped, that had helped her get it over the muscular span of his chest. But she'd finally had to pull him up into a sitting position to finish getting the suit on – and zipped up.

It had been a lot of work.
I can just see it! What a delightful mental image!

She thought she had been hot before – she was going to need a shower by the time this was over... most likely a cold one.
laugh

Now she just needed Klein to hurry up and get here.

She glanced up at the door, willing him to knock on it. Please hurry, she thought at him.

Clark woke up slowly, feeling disoriented. The last thing he remembered clearly was throwing up in his bathroom. He had a vague recollection of people being there and of being moved...

And now he found himself lying on his side in his bed... In his Suit? What was he doing in that? Something soft and warm was draped over him and dangling against his chest. He looked down and realized it was someone's arm.

A woman's arm...

Lois's arm?
Wow, what an abrupt "cut" between two scenes, DJ. You sure had me wondering about Lois's arm on Clark in bed....

He looked back down at the arm on his chest. His eyes followed the arm to Lois's body. She was fully clothed and lying on top of the covers, but her arm was draped over him protectively. He finished rolling over and smiled softly at the enchanting expression on her face, a peaceful look of innocence exposed in her sleep. He couldn't count the number of dreams he'd had where he would wake up in bed next to her.

They didn't quite happen like this, but still...
That's so sweet.

“Sorry,” she mumbled as she started to pull away from him. “You were tossing in your sleep and I was afraid you were going to pull your IV out. As long as I was touching you, you seemed to calm down. I was just going to lay by you until you fell asleep but...”
That's adorable. Even when he is feverish and confused, Clark can sense Lois's presence and touch, and it immediately calms him.

“How did I get into my Suit?”

Lois looked away from him shyly. “I, uh, put it on you. I didn't know what else to do. I told Dr. Klein that Superman wasn't feeling well and I had asked him to meet me here.” She gave his hand a gentle squeeze. “You're not mad, are you? It's just that when I found you passed out on the floor, it scared me. I knew someone needed to look at you and there wasn't any way I could get you up from the floor, let alone move you. So I called Dr. Klein.”

“No. I'm not mad, Lois,” he hurried to assure her, smiling lovingly at her. He had really been too hard on her about Dr. Klein. She needed to know that he trusted her. “You did exactly what you should have done.”
Well, he'd better not be angry at her for this.

“It's Jack and Jimmy,” she hissed, peeking through the veiled curtains of the front door. “I called Perry to tell him that I was coming to check on you. He must have sent them over,” she continued in a whisper. She opened the door just a crack and smiled at the two boys. “Give us just a minute, okay? Clark's... uh...” She glanced back at Clark who was hiding off to one side, clothed in his super hero outfit, “...getting dressed.”

The astonished looks on the two boys' faces brought a flush into hers.
laugh

Clark struggled to reach his zipper to undo his suit. He wriggled out of the top portion and then hopped from one leg to another as he pulled the suit from his body.

Lois came in, bringing him the clothes to put on, and gaped momentarily. He was standing there in only his boxers. She averted her gaze and held out his clothes. “Do you need help?” she asked awkwardly, not meeting his eyes.
So Lois didn't get to undress Clark one more time in this part. Well, you know what they say, Lois: third time lucky.

And Clark and Jack have some catching up to do. Ah well. Clark, you have even more catching up to do with Lois!

Great part, DJ! So funny and WAFFy and pheww, what a relief!

Ann

#44551 07/19/07 03:35 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi ladies!!!

LOL, Sheila - I was just teasing. <g> Although you certainly made up for the fdk in this part. laugh Good thing too, since so many FoLCs are on vacation right now, Babbles might start to suffer from starvation - LOL.

I sure would be oogling if I had to undress Dean...I mean Clark
LOL!

Even unconscious, Clark knows Lois's presence and she has a calming affect on him. This is just so sweet...and innocent.
I'm so glad you liked that. <g>

I want to know what Clark went shopping for earlier. [Wallbash]

Okay, DJ...stop stalling and start revealing stuff...or I'm gonna pout...again!
Oh dear... we can't have that. No pouting... <g> However, I'm sorry to inform you that I think you're still a couple of parts away from finding out what he bought. <g> Thanks so much for the fdk, Sheila!

Hi Symbolic! Thanks! Glad you liked it. Yes, even Superman needs help sometimes.

I always loved the idea that he knew.
Ooooh, me too. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Laura! Sorry for almost making you late for work! Eeek! I'm glad you enjoyed it though. Thanks for the lovely compliment that they were so perfectly in character - squeeee! And thanks for the fdk!

Hi Ann! Hee hee - oh good, a part that Ann could love - without worrying about Reason interrupting you. <g>

I'm so tickled that I wrote this well enough that I could make you squirm - wondering if Lois was going to find him. Eeeee heee hee.

Lois is going to undress Clark! Wo-hooo!!!
Somehow I expected that was the reaction I would get from you - LOL.

Wow, what an abrupt "cut" between two scenes, DJ. You sure had me wonder about Lois's arm on Clark in bed....
LOL rotflol

I'm so glad so many of you enjoyed Clark "calming down at Lois's touch".

Third time lucky! LOL! Oh Ann.... But, you could be right... <DJ whistles innocently...>

Thanks so much for the fdk!

Thank you everyone! And to all of you who are gone on vacation right now - I hope you are having a wonderful time, but I miss you! <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#44552 07/19/07 05:10 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Hi DJ,

loved that part! It's nice to see how Lois is now dealing with his secret identity and I think she should get an A+ therefore!

It's great that Jack is mentioned again and I really hope to read someting of Jack in the next part smile

More, please hyper
Barbara

#44553 07/20/07 04:03 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Barbara! Thanks for the fdk!

It's great that Jack is mentioned again and I really hope to read someting of Jack in the next part [Smile]
Heh - you just might get your wish. <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#44554 07/20/07 04:09 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Heh - you just might get your wish. <g>
Oooh! Oooh! I know! Pick me! I'll tell you! wave

I have knowledge of what happens through part 19. I would know more than that, but DJ has yet to send me part 20. <ahem> And, trust me, you're gonna want to take the phone off the hook for part 19. <happy waffy sigh>

ETA:
I'm so glad so many of you enjoyed Clark "calming down at Lois's touch".
It doesn't necessarily follow that her touch is always going to "calm" him. Heh. blush

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#44555 07/20/07 11:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Whew, it turned into a very non-anxiety oriented part. I personally had visions of all kinds of wild medical reactions <heh>. And I want to be a fly on both walls, hah! Between Jack and Clark, and now Jimmy and Lois since Clark was 'getting dressed earlier' <g>. Great part, I'll be back in another week or so from Atlanta and Bethesda. wink

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#44556 07/21/07 09:05 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Very cute. Glad it wasn't more serious and Lois got him the help he needed. I love how Clark wakes up and just calls for her and she doesn't even realize at first.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#44557 07/22/07 05:40 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello again!

Sue! Don't you dare tell! For shame! <g> And, just so you FoLCs know, I did get part 20 sent off to her on Friday. laugh LOL but it put a silly grin on my face for you to say that they would need to take the phone off the hook for part 19. Hee hee. <g> They still have to read 18 first.

LOLS - no... it doesn't always "calm" him. <snort>

Thanks Sue!

Hi Jen! Yes, the anxiety was low on this part - not that there won't be more anxiety to come, mind you...

I hope you have fun in Atlanta and Bethesda! Lots of it. I'll look forward to hearing from you when you get back. Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Jackie! Good to hear from you! Thanks for the fdk. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks again everyone. I would normally have posted part 18 today... but I had a few questions for Sue about some medically related issues. She gave me some interesting info in her beta and I had to make some adjustments. I'm waiting to hear back from her to see if my changes are sufficient. So once she gives me the green light, I'll post part 18.

-- DJ

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard