Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Noooo! Lois cannot marry that animal!

“If I marry you…you won’t hurt Clark?”

“Marry me, and I’ll let him live.”

Lois took a deep breath before nodding.
Bull****! Lex will still kill him! Don't do it Lois.

“And don’t even think about trying anything, or trying to get off a warning to Kent. There’s a bug in your purse. I expect it to stay there and I expect your purse to stay with you at all times. Is that understood?”

He had bugged her? When? Lois’s eyes flashed angrily at the thought, but she reined in her anger with an iron grip. She couldn’t afford to lose her temper with Lex. There was no telling what he would do—to her or to Clark.

She nodded again, feeling completely defeated.

“Good, now go to Kent and get it over with. I’ll be listening,” he warned.
There has to be a way for her to warn Clark! Point to her purse, write a note...something. Or can Lex see her, too? Lois and Clark have worked together long enough that they can finish each other's thoughts, so why not this time?

“Clark, I came over here tonight to tell you...” she took a deep breath, willing the lump in her throat to subside, “to tell you that I’ve changed my mind about Lex.” She watched out of the corner of her eye as he stood. She fought back the tears that threatened to come. She couldn’t afford to cry, not yet, and certainly not in front of him. He would never believe what she needed to say if she did.

“What do you mean, Lois?” Clark asked, his gaze seeking hers. Lois could see the apprehension in his expression—hear it in his voice.

She turned her back to him, unable to say the words while facing him. “I’ve realized that I never gave Lex a fair chance. Lex and I had a long talk, and I realized that I do have feelings for him. I’ve agreed to marry him, Clark.”
Clark realizes that something is up and is trying to piece the puzzle together.

“I don’t believe you,” he challenged her.

“It’s true. The wedding preparations have already begun,” she told him.

“I wasn’t talking about the wedding and you know it. I was talking about you claiming to love Luthor.” When Lois didn’t say anything, Clark stepped closer. “Lois, earlier today I told you that I wasn’t ready to hear you say that you loved me. I hadn’t wanted to get my hopes up again just to have you change your mind. I knew that there had been a lot of changes in your life, and I was worried that you didn’t really know what you wanted,” Clark said before reaching his hand out to her cheek, caressing it lovingly.
You're right, Clark. But it's not anything you did. Don't do this to yourself honey. Just keep trying to solve this enigma and help your love!

“But after thinking about it, I realized that there’s no going back. I didn’t need to worry about hoping again—I’d never stopped, Lois. Just as I know that I won’t ever stop loving you. And I know that you love me, too. I believe you. Look me in the eyes and tell me that you don’t,” he commanded.

Her eyes met his and for a moment he saw so much in them. Sadness, love, fear—he could see it all so clearly. He stepped even closer, so close that he could feel her breath on his face. “Tell me you don’t feel anything when I do this,” he whispered before covering her mouth with his own.
Lex would just have to kill me because after Dean...I mean Clark kissed me like that, I would be done. Who could want another man after that?

I've just posted much more than I have time for, but I just go so emotional. Just hurry back as soon as you can, Angel. This is a great story and I am dying to see what comes next! hyper

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#44497 07/16/07 04:27 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
uh oh... looking forward to what happens next wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#44498 07/16/07 06:59 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois stared at him, too stunned to say a word. Why was Lex being so open with her about his intent to harm Superman? Up until today, he had always been careful to play the charming and sophisticated philanthropist. What had changed?
RUN AWAY LOIS! FLEEEEE!

“If I marry you…you won’t hurt Clark?”

“Marry me, and I’ll let him live.”
He avoided the question! "No, I'll just torture him slowly"

Lois stood up quickly, moving away before he could touch her. If he touched her she would never be able to convince him. And she had to convince him; his life depended on it.
Oh no! It's Moulin Rouge all over again. *bawls*

Her eyes met his and for a moment he saw so much in them. Sadness, love, fear—he could see it all so clearly. He stepped even closer, so close that he could feel her breath on his face. “Tell me you don’t feel anything when I do this,” he whispered before covering her mouth with his own.
*melts into waffy puddle*

That was so beautifully written! I was on the edge of my seat. Great job!

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#44499 07/18/07 08:32 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Hello, everyone!

Sheila wrote:
Lex would just have to kill me because after Dean...I mean Clark kissed me like that, I would be done. Who could want another man after that?
Especially a man like Lex! Ewww!

I've just posted much more than I have time for, but I just go so emotional. Just hurry back as soon as you can, Angel. This is a great story and I am dying to see what comes next!
Thanks for the fdk, Sheila! I'm ecstatic that you're enjoying the story. I'm posting the next part right after I'm done answering fdk here. Hope you like it!

AnKs, thanks for the fdk! You'll get to see what happens next soon. wink

Laura S wrote:
He avoided the question! "No, I'll just torture him slowly"
Did you hack into my computer and peek ahead? Shame on you! laugh

That was so beautifully written! I was on the edge of my seat. Great job!
Thank you, Laura! I'm so happy to hear that this story has you on the edge of your seat. I'm hoping to keep you there, too! laugh

Thanks again for the fdk, everyone!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard