Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44466 07/16/07 06:31 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
wow!! A new story from Laura.. yay! and it's a younger Lois and Clark laugh ... looking forward to more postings..

Hmm 3 months seems to have some significance for both our heroes.. the literary competition is in 3 months and Lois has 3 months to prove herself.. cool

Umm had one question...is it a little too much to hope Clark teaches at Metropolis High? (j/k) wink thumbsup dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very interesting start, Laura!!

I love the premise! Teacher Clark and, hopefully, undercover student Lois Lane!! Add a bit of smarmy, suave Claude, and I think this is going to be a 'super' ride!!

I'd be willing to beta for you if you wish. Send me a PM if you're interested!

Missy

Features Writer
Features Writer
Oooo! Teacher Clark sounds hot! Sad to say, but if I had an english teacher, or any teacher for that matter, that looked half as good as he did, I would have paid better attention in school! Or at least, I would have looked forward to that class laugh

Very interesting premise! Vaguely reminds me of 'Never Been Kissed.'

And HA! I started cracking up when I read Claude's last name was Malfois. I figured the name suited him wink And his description kind of reminded me of Remy Lebeau from the X-Men, so sadly I was swooning right along with Lois.

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sounds roughly like one of my favorite movies, "Never Been Kissed". I can't wait to read more. I'm not sure I envy Clark if Lois Lane ends up in his classroom. Would she challenge everything he said?

thanks!

rkn
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awesome story, Laura! For some reason I always like elseworlds stories where Clark is a teacher (or Clark and Lois are both teachers). smile

I particularly liked that Clark is such a caring teacher. It's like him in (I was about to say real life...but that wouldn't be right) canon, I know, but somehow his character always amazes me.

So yes...is Lois to become an undercover student? Or perhaps a teacher? Hmm... Interesting...

I will definitely be keeping up with this story! laugh Looking forward to Part 2 - how far away would you say it was?

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmmm, I'm reminded of an old ABBA hit, "When I Kissed the Teacher...." I wouldn't mind seeing Lois kiss Clark in this story!

And, since I'm a teacher myself, I was really giggling at this:

Clark Kent stared out at his classroom, willing one of his students to twitch perceptively enough to legitimately call it a raised hand. Most of the class was glancing desperately at the clock or shrinking into their chairs.
Not even Clark can keep all his students spellbound when he is teaching American literature! goofy

I did a double take at this:

Eventually the cops just dropped the case. But everyone knows who it was.”

“Who?” Lois asked, barely able to allow Lucy to finish her sentences.

“Jill Reynolds and Lexy Hartness.
Lexy Hartness? Why does this sound so much like Lex, the Heartless? eek

Anyway, those two girl-horrors have to be stopped!!!!

But what is this?

“Intern? No sir. I am a fully paid employee of the Daily Planet,” Lois said archly, raising her eyebrows at the man. Too bad her status only lasted three months, but this man didn't have to know that.

“Ah. Then forgive me. It is rare indeed that reporters for the Daily Planet are so exquisite. My name is Claude Malfois. It is a pleasure to meet you.”
Claude? No!!!! Nonononononooooo!!!!! Don't let this Claude have sex with Lois and don't let him steal her story!!!! mad wallbash I can't stand it!

(But I have to say, you have given Claude a most marvellously appropriate last name....)

I'm very much looking forward to more, Laura! Only please don't let the awful things happen between Lois and Claude!! Please? Please? Pretty please? With sugar on top? grovel

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Though the skeptic in her was scoffing, she was fighting big time with the hopeless romantic. And skeptic was fighting a losing battle.
Noooo, keep scoffing! lol.

Great start, I'm looking forward to catching up with this in a couple of weeks when I am back in town.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, OK, I was going to wait longer before rushing to reply to feedback, but I can't wait. I'm too excited. laugh Especially because I was so scared about posting this! I don't have it finished yet, so I'm relying on you guys to really kick my butt til it's done. smile But I do have a lot written! Don't get too upset! smile

AnKS- Hmm... 3 months. I suppose that was me using artistic license to make everything coincide neatly. laugh *Sigh* I don't suppose it would do to have poor Clark teaching at Kansas Wheatfield High or something. He just might have to teach in Metropolis. Thanks for starting up the thread!

Missy-- Hi! I'm so glad you enjoyed the premise! Good thing, since I already took you up on your extremely generous offer. smile Mmm... teacher Clark. Yes, I hope everyone likes it! Thanks so much for all your help.

Catherine-- Thank YOU! And we've already exchanged anecdotes about our sexy 8th grade teachers. Unfortunately my cute 8th grade algebra teacher wasn't interested in his 13-year-old student! (Why, I can't even imagine... goofy ) And you definitely hit the nail on the head. I loooove Never Been Kissed and I suppose this starts out very much like it. But Josie Gellar and Lois Lane are a bit different. And it veers off from NBK land pretty quickly too.

rkn-- See above, but I love NBK too. But don't worry guys! This isn't a rewrite of Never Been Kissed. It should prove to be VERY different. Thanks for commenting!

Princessanna-- Mmm... I like Clark as a teacher too. Some drool worthy fantasies, there.

Looking forward to Part 2 - how far away would you say it was?
Hmmm... I have about 11,000 words written so far of the entire thing. But unfortuantely that doesn't last too long here! I'm going to be writing furiously though. I have to leave next Thursday to go to Peru (!) for about a week and a half. So some time before then, I'll post the second chapter. (it's a little more interesting, too. smile )

TOC--

I wouldn't mind seeing Lois kiss Clark in this story!
Are you suggesting Lois compromise her position for some physical gratification?! *giggles and walks off whistling*

Maybe. smile If you've read anything I've ever written, you know they'll probably end up kissing sometime. I'm a bit of a creature of habit.

Not even Clark can keep all his students spellbound when he is teaching American literature!
Mmm... I think I'd be too busy drooling onto my desk.

Lexy Hartness? Why does this sound so much like Lex, the Heartless?
Oh my gosh! laugh laugh I so didn't plan that at all. And it just so happens that she's the meaner one. Good catch!

Claude? No!!!! Nonononononooooo!!!!! Don't let this Claude have sex with Lois and don't let him steal her story!!!! I can't stand it!

(But I have to say, you have given Claude a most marvellously appropriate last name....)
Don't worry! Things might get rough, but I'm a firm believer in happy endings. And you have to thank Olympe for such a great name. That cracked me up.

I have to leave for work now, so I wanted to get this reply out. You guys ROCK! I feel so inspired to write a little more now. Maybe I can squeeze in a few more words before I have to leave.

Thanks guys!!!

Laura

Ooops, sorry JD! You snuck in as I was posting.

The evil Claude! I'm telling Lois to scoff too! Unfortunately she doesn't pay me any attention... :rolleyes: Thanks for reading! I hope I'll have a lot of story for you to catch up on whenever you get back from... wherever. smile

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Columnist
Columnist
Wow! What a great start!

I'd love to see Lois go undercover and end up being one of Clark's students. Now wouldn't that be interesting... wink

Guess I'll have to wait and see where you're going with this. I look forward to reading more!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
My daughter, who reads other fanfics but not L&C, made a comment starting, "Have you ever read a really good fanfic . . . " and I answered "Yes, I'm reading one now." It's a great start! I especially loved the description of Clark's class--after teaching a few informal classes myself, I sympathize with his frustration, and I can't wait to see where that part of the story goes. And I liked your version of Lois, but like the others I hope we don't see too much of Claude--he might help move the story along (or keep Lois from realizing her attraction to Clark right away), but I'd hate to see him as a major character, and I hate to see Lois fall for someone so sleazy. So count me as one of those waiting anxiously for the next installment--please don't make us wait too long!

Kerth
Kerth
This is going to be a great story! You've already completely drawn me in. More! More! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi! More FDK! laugh

Hi Symbolicangel! I'm glad you liked the first part and that you're all set for the rest. smile Missy and Catherine kindly volunteered to help me out and so hopefully I'll get the next chapter out soon.

Cookiesmom-- Glad you enjoyed it!

this:
My daughter, who reads other fanfics but not L&C, made a comment starting, "Have you ever read a really good fanfic . . . " and I answered "Yes, I'm reading one now."
Made me blush like crazy! laugh About Claude... hmm... We'll have to see where Lois goes with this crush she has on him. I don't like the guy either.

Hi groobie! Yay for more! I'm glad you're drawn in! My evil plan is succeeding.

Thank you EVERYONE for the wonderful reviews. I'll get chapter 2 up in a couple of days, probably. I've quite a bit of chapters 2...3...4... maybe even 5 written, but it needs to be edited and also, I'd like to keep writing so I have those chapters as backup. Thanks again everyone!

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Great start! I'll be looking for part 2.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Laura, I know I'm late... but I'm here! I loved part one and I just wanted to smack Claude. But I love your portrayal of him - Claude would have had to be really good looking and debonair to have swept Lois Lane off her feet...

Ooooh, and Clark as a teacher? OMG - how drool-worthy is that? drool I loved that he didn't want to leave a big mess for the janitors to clean up. Awww... that's our sweet little Clark.

Nice start!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! FDK! That was a fun surprise to my morning. smile Thanks DJ! I'm glad you liked it so far. laugh Clark Kent as a teacher... mmm... I agree. Extremely droolworthy. I've got about 6 more chapters up, so I hope if you decide to check them out that you like them too. Thank you!

Laura

Merriwether
Merriwether
I've been a little nervous to read this because it involves Claude. The minute I see his name it conjures up many horrible feelings. I just don't want Lois to get hurt, but I guess she will(?). I'm going to be daring and read on!

I'm so proud of Lois going out and finding a story to dive into. I'm very happy for her, but of course, afraid she'll get hurt. Perhaps Mr. Kent teaches at that school...

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard