Next Thread
Print Thread
#44043 06/28/07 10:44 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
I just read "One Strange Year" and it is delightful. Is there any more somewhere?

Framework4
#44044 06/29/07 08:49 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think part 16 is the end of it, but if you enjoyed the theme then you might want to read Rest and Reproducion by Meredith Knight.(presumably a response to the same challenge)It's an nfic, but I think there's a pg version as well. I love this story - beautifully written and definitely one of my faves.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#44045 06/29/07 03:14 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I just went and read the entire story and I loved it!

From Pheremone, My Lovely:

Clark: Lois! Please! Get a grip!
Lois: Believe me, I’d love to!
#44046 06/29/07 03:53 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Originally posted by gr8shadesofElvis:
Rest and Reproducion by Meredith Knight.
That was the starting point. I was rereading the gfic version and it sent me the original thread .

BTW there is a Tank story three fourths of the way down. "Lois\' Little Problem" by Tank Wilson

I was hopeful that since part 16 of "One Strange Year" was listed as
"Season Finale"
and said
the end of One Strange Year: Conception
and
Only the Beginning
there might be a sequel somewhere.

Framework4
#44047 06/29/07 04:39 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
*AUTOMATIC RECORDING*

Thank you for your interest in the Queen of the Capes production, One Strange Year.

As of January 2005, Negotiations are in progress for a soon-to-arrive second season, scheduled for fall of 2006.

If your call is regarding rumors of massive layoffs of writers, muses, creative consultants, and generally anyone with a mind, please press one now.

If your call is regarding the rumored network-takeovers by OtherFics Ltd and Tragedy Inc, please press 2 now.

If you're calling to request information about a small boy or a gremlin named Curmudgy, please hang up and call a different number.

If your reason for calling is not on this list, please hold. Your call is important to us.

*CUE MUSIC*

~•~
#44048 06/29/07 05:22 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
If you're calling to request information about a ... gremlin named Curmudgy, please hang up and call a different number.

If your reason for calling is not on this list, please hold. Your call is important to us.

*CUE MUSIC*
No problem, we'll hold. Oh and on the gremlin,

Originally posted by Tank:
Has anyone seen my little magic gremlin? He seems to be missing. He answers to the name Curmudgy.
No problem, he's over on the Fanfic Challenge section.

Framework4
#44049 06/29/07 09:34 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
If nature decreed that Lois Lane would never have children-----then she was going to tell nature to take its stupid decree and stick it where the sun don't shine!
I just started to read this - man, it's delightful!!! smile1 hyper whinging whinging mecry

Ann

#44050 07/01/07 04:56 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F

Framework4
#44051 07/01/07 08:06 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
can anyone tell me how you get the quotes at the end of each post you send for example:

gr8shadeofelvis has "If you cross me, I'll cut open your chest and sew up a rat inside - Lex"

#44052 07/05/07 12:33 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm assuming you're asking how they do that. This is a quote from the FAQs.
Can I use a signature?

You may use a signature (commonly used in email messages) on your posts. You may set your signature in your member profile. Once you have a signature stored, you can choose to include it with any post you make by checking the "include signature" box when you create your post. This message board's administrator may elect to turn the signature feature off at any time, however. If that is the case, the "include signature" option will not appear when you post a note, even if you have stored a signature. You may change your signature at any time by changing your profile, unless a message board administrator locks your profile.

Note: You may not use HTML in your signature file, but you may use UBB Code. Note that the board administrator may disable the UBB Code Image tag.
If you're asking where they get their inspiration, I'm afraid I'm not much help as you can see below. wink

Elisabeth

#44053 07/05/07 01:52 PM
Columnist
Columnist
OMG!!!

I'm right in the middle of reading this story and just had to let you know that I am totally cracking up at the part where Ellen let's the secret out of the bag! That was just too funny!

And Lois and *Jimmy*! What a rumor! ROTFL!!!

rotflol

I'm really loving this story. Off to finish reading...

Okay, I'm back and ROTFL again at the part where Superman goes to see Klein. I haven't laughed like this in a while, thank the heavens that I'm home alone or everyone would think I'd completely lost my marbles. Then again, maybe I have. eek

Off to reading again...

That was just fantastic! I *loved* this story. You have a real talent for writing great humor. I do hope you continue with a sequel.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard