Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43958 06/26/07 02:28 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
YAY, DJ is back!

This part was wonderful. I loved it how you described the emotions of Lois and Clark. I enjoyed the sentences you used from the show. They fit so perfect in your story.

Great part, DJ!

Babsi

#43959 06/26/07 03:18 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I really enjoyed this section. Especially Lois' reaction to the tornado watch. laugh

I grew up in tornado alley in Midwest US. So I know how Clark feels. For those of you who are not familiar with tornados here is a good site for some basic info: http://www.itlnet.net/Tornado/

Please--are we going to get a good storm here? I mean I really want Clark out in the sunshine, but this could be fun too. . .even if all 4 of them have to squeeze into the storm cellar, Clark holding Lois is always fun.
[Linked Image]
I love a good storm!!! (gee--this even looks like how you described KS--Have you ever been there? I have.)

more soon Please.

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
#43960 06/26/07 07:28 AM
Columnist
Columnist
ooh I love all the waff in this part!!
It's just really so happy-making wink

Tornado watch? Watch... Was that the bad one? She knew there were watches and warnings. One meant that there was the possibility of a tornado and the other one meant that a tornado had actually been seen. Thinking logically, warning would mean that a tornado could form, and watch would mean that one had been spotted and you needed to watch for it, right?
I think I would react just like Lois laugh . We never have tornados here (which I really don't mind!!) so I don't know anything about it too blush .
and Clark was so calm *LOL* that was so sweet.
There was no hesitation with this kiss. It wasn’t some false pretense or diversionary tactic. It was the real thing.
Ooh and that kiss they shared!! aaawww!! I loved that scene, and I hope something like that will stay after she tells him about Dr. Klein. But he knows she loves HIM (Clark), so I have a little bit of hope goofy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#43961 06/26/07 10:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwwwww!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#43962 06/26/07 10:29 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Another great part!!! I love this story. But..uh...is Lois gonna tell Clark about the sun any time soon??

Can't wait for the next part!

#43963 06/26/07 10:51 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, as a teacher of literary writing once said, "If you tell your readers there's a shotgun hanging on a wall in a house somewhere in your story, then you have to fire that shotgun before your story is over."

[Linked Image]

(Hey, I was looking for a picture of a shotgun hanging on a wall, but this was the best I could do....)

The storm, DJ! The storm! The tornado! I agree with Mervoparkite, you have to "fire" the tornado now that you have hung it on the wall for us to see! (And like I said - wasn't it a tornado that dumped Dorothy in the land of Oz?)

Clark got up from the couch and walked to the stairs. He held out his hand, gesturing for her to go first, and she hesitantly began to climb them. It was ridiculous for her to feel nervous about him walking up the stairs behind her in her lightweight pajamas - after all she had greeted him as Superman in a silk nightie – but she felt self-conscious nonetheless.

“What?” he exclaimed. He realized he was staring at her nicely formed backside as it gracefully ascended the stairs in front of him.
There is something embarrassing about walking up a staircase with a man walking behind you, because it does feel as if you have your butt in his face!

Lois's nightmare was scary. And then the tornado alarm woke her! Well, DJ, you know what I said about the shotgun - eh, I mean the tornado....

“What do we do? They don't have tornados in Metropolis.” She started to pace in the small confines of his bedroom. “I've never been in one before. Where do we go? I remember something about getting to the basement or the southeast corner of your house or something like that...”
You should be getting to the southeast corner! For all I know that might be good advice, but it does sound like adorable Lois babbling!

He stopped her from pacing on her next pass, putting his hands on her shoulders. He intended to assure her that it wasn't serious yet, but before he could say anything she turned into his body and wrapped her arms around him. “Clark, I'm scared.” Truth be told, she still felt a little shaky from her nightmare. It hadn't helped to have such a rude awakening, and the thought of a tornado really did frighten her.
I love that she wants to be held by him.

“...reported at this time,” the anchorman was saying.

“What? Did he say a tornado had been reported?” Lois asked anxiously.

“Shhhh,” Clark shushed her. The meteorologist was talking and he couldn't hear him over Lois. “Listen.”
Isn't that just typical? You turn on the TV and miss the most important information. Then someone next to you is asking what the newscaster said, and you miss even more of what you needed to hear!

Clark was quiet for a few seconds before answering her, “What if my powers never come back?”
He was moping himself half to death because Lois loved Superman and not Clark Kent, and now he is worrying that his Superman powers will not come back? :rolleyes:

He sighed softly and took hold of her by both shoulders, looking intently at her. “Are you sure you could really love the ordinary man, the farm boy from Kansas with no powers, nothing special?”

Lois took a deep, shaky breath as she looked into his apprehensive eyes. “I'm already in love with him. He's the reason I didn't marry Lex. Not Superman. He's the one I hoped I could have something more with, if he could forgive me for being so blind and foolish.”
Yes! *happy sigh*

Now. She should tell him about Klein now.
Yesss!!!

But she didn't tell him!!! grumble )

Ann

#43964 06/26/07 11:03 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Bad, bad girl...leaving off there!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#43965 06/26/07 04:45 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwww, a waff attack! I needed that after seeing 1408 tonight LOL.

I still haven't forgotten Operation: DNA... peep

I loved Lois' tornado reaction. It's so typical LOL. We look at the tv and say, huh tornado watch. Wanna go to a movie?, or my personal favorite: Hurricane warning...eh, it's not hitting till tomorrow; let's board up our windows and go out for Chinese!

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#43966 06/27/07 01:15 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi everyone!

Barbara! Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It's fun when lines of the series work so well in a story. <g> Thanks for the fdk.

Vonceil! I grew up in the midwest too. My grandparents had a storm cellar at their house that we all took shelter in a time or two.

Please--are we going to get a good storm here? I mean I really want Clark out in the sunshine, but this could be fun too. . .even if all 4 of them have to squeeze into the storm cellar, Clark holding Lois is always fun.
I won't tell you of course... but I will say that the next part was possibly my favorite one to write of the whole story (waffy sigh) I hope you all will enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it. Thanks for the fdk.

Camy! I'm glad you enjoyed the waff. And I'm glad you enjoyed Lois's reaction. I have a weather radio myself and it's set to go off for tornado watches & warnings and also severe thunderstorm warnings (mainly so I can jump up in the middle of the night and unplug my laptop - lol) and everytime the stinking thing goes off, it about scares me half to death. And, while *I* know the difference between a watch and a warning... let me tell you, at 2:00 in the morning... it's even difficult for me to keep it straight. goofy

Keep your hope, Camy. The waff has been building to the next part, which is one of the waffiest of this fic. In fact, I told my betas to make sure that it wasn't "too" waffy. <g> I didn't want to throw you all into sugar shock. Thanks for the fdk.

Hee hee, Laurach. Thanks. <g>

Hi loveLandC - Thanks, glad you liked it. Yes, I know, the pesky sun thing. It is the middle of the night, you know, and there's no sun out. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Ann!

The storm, DJ! The storm! The tornado! I agree with Mervoparkite, you have to "fire" the tornado now that you have hung it on the wall for us to see! (And like I said - wasn't it a tornado that dumped Dorothy in the land of Oz?)
Do I? Hmmm... I only fired the "possibility" of a tornado. Actually, all they really talked about was a storm blowing up. And I delivered that... and even delivered a "tornado watch"... so I think I've fulfilled my end of the bargain... not that I'm saying there won't be a tornado come along in the next part. <g> I'm just saying...

Ah yes, DJ. You did promise me that there were places in Kansas where young lovers could make out! [Big Grin]
Oh, don't worry... there are more. <g>

Nice part, DJ! If you put Lois and Clark in the storm cellar in part twelve, then that part could conceivably be even nicer.... [Big Grin] (though Martha and Jonathan could prove to be a distraction... [Grumble] )
Hmmm... hopefully you'll be satisfied with the situation they end up in, in the next part. <g> Thanks for the fdk, Ann! It was yummy. I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope you enjoy the next part as well, before the angst rears its ugly head again.

Hi Sheila! LOL! Thanks for the fdk. I'll take that to mean that you were enjoying that part. <g>

Hi Jen! Awww, so glad you enjoyed the waff. Yes, ahem, Operation DNA - it hangs like a shadow over everything... <snort>

Oh good, I thought Lois's reaction would be typical for someone who lived in the city. Yes, me personally... when they announce a tornado watch... err... or warning <guilty smile> me and my family all run outside to see if we can see a green sky or any rotation in the clouds. LOL. My parents actually had an F3 tornado touch down and cross the road behind their car as they were driving. It was pretty wild.

Thank you all for your fdk! I'm still holding to the plan that I will post part 12 either Thursday or Friday... so you don't have to wait long... but you may have to wait a little for part 13. I'm gonna be out of pocket for a bit and so I'm not sure when I'll get it posted. We'll see.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#43967 06/27/07 05:08 AM
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Clark set his jaw against the pain and carried her towards the stairs. He might not be ‘super’, but he wasn’t a weakling either. He would fight this in whatever way he could.
I love this part! There is something so sweet about his desire to carry Lois to bed and I love the determination that it reveals in him, such a counter to his earlier worries that Lois only wanted him for his "super self".

#43968 06/28/07 02:47 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Angie!

Hmmm, yes... Clark so desperately wanted Lois to love him for Clark, not for what he could do. Now he knows she does... or he thinks she at least "thinks" she does. <g> So he's pulled himself together enough to at least fight this. Amazing the power of positive thinking, huh? <g>

Thanks for the fdk Angie. I hope to post part 12 later today. There are 2 more waffy parts and then we have to get back to some real life. <snort> Yes, I know, out come the tomatoes... but you knew we'd have to get back to "Operation DNA" sooner or later.

Thanks again for the fdk everyone. Hopefully I'll see you sometime later today.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#43969 06/28/07 04:09 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi, DJ! goofy Oh, but then it wouldn't be the real DJ. :p Real DJ is evil and likes to torture us, your poor readers, don't you? sad Let's enjoy the WAFFy while you're feeling generous. laugh

I'll be looking for next part. I'm without time, but I always find some minutes to read your story. wink

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#43970 06/28/07 02:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, but then it wouldn't be the real DJ. [Razz] Real DJ is evil and likes to torture us, your poor readers, don't you? [Devil] Well, what can we do? [Sad] Let's enjoy the WAFFy while you're feeling generous. [Big Grin]
I'm hurt, Andreia <sniffle> I can't imagine why you think me so mean...

I'm an angel... really... angel-devil

Heh.

LOL. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Yes, I'm feeling generous I suppose <g> I'm getting ready to post the next part, right now.

Hope you enjoy! Thanks for the fdk, Andreia. <hug> Glad you're still reading.

-- DJ

#43971 06/29/07 04:56 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm always running behind in RL. I suppose it's the same with fanfic, too. A day late and a part short, eh?

I grew up just on the outskirts of tornado alley. Daddy worked for the National Weather Service, so we've had a weather radio forever. My complaint is that the alarm is always ringing for some other county. You can hear a storm move county by county all around you--waking you up every fifteen or twenty minutes. First it's the thunderstorm warnings, then the tornado watches, then the tornado warnings and finally you spend the next day with flood warnings. It freaks my kids out to hear thunderstorm warnings, but I always assure them that as long as they're not playing outside they'll be just fine.

Where I live we have basements--not storm cellars--so I've spent quite a bit of time below-ground listening to the radio or watching TV. Mom and Dad were always careful about what we watched, so we played the little game of trying to ignore the mind-numbing refuse that played on the TV at 2 AM while waiting for the latest weather report.

Ah, the memories your story brings back...

Never made out in my in-laws kitchen, though. Their basement on the other hand... (That would have been a few children ago, but... ah, the memories...

Elisabeth
whose world is a much happier place for having visited DJ's story

#43972 06/30/07 04:06 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ta-da! There's more waff in this part.
party

*Ahem* Onto the story... *is really enjoying this leaving for a week thing and then returning to be able to read three chapters straight through*

“Clark? Have you ever...” she hesitated for a moment but then decided that she had to know the answer, “...x-rayed me?”
Hehe! I love the bluntness of that. Truly Lois Lane.

“The national weather service has issued a tornado watch for the following counties...” a mechanized voice informed her.
Cuddling in the basement????!!!! *big hopeful grin*

We can go out to the storm cellar until it passes.”
Just as good as basements.

Oh man. Kitchens are much BETTER than basements or storm cellars anyways. I pretty much wanted to quote the entire last half. It will have to suffice to say that I loved it. You wrote it so well, I felt all fluttery like Lois. smile That was some wonderful waff.

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#43973 07/01/07 03:14 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooooh, and more fdk!!!

Hi Elisabeth! We have a pretty nice weather radio. You can set it just for the type of storm warnings you want (ours is set for Tornado warnings and severe thunderstorm warnings) and can also be set for a specific county. I'm never especially grateful for it going off at 2 in the morning and scaring me half to death. <g> But it's nice to have advance warning.

Ah, the memories your story brings back...

Never made out in my in-laws kitchen, though. Their basement on the other hand... (That would have been a few children ago, but... ah, the memories...

Elisabeth
whose world is a much happier place for having visited DJ's story
Hee hee... awwww, I'm so glad. Thanks for the fdk Elisabeth!

Hi Laura S!

*is really enjoying this leaving for a week thing and then returning to be able to read three chapters straight through*
Hee hee - <DJ - who is really enjoying having been gone this weekend and coming back to all this fdk! <g>

quote: We can go out to the storm cellar until it passes.”

Just as good as basements.

Oh man. Kitchens are much BETTER than basements or storm cellars anyways. I pretty much wanted to quote the entire last half. It will have to suffice to say that I loved it. You wrote it so well, I felt all fluttery like Lois. [Smile] That was some wonderful waff.
Oh I'm so glad you enjoyed the kitchen scene as much as a hoped basement scene. <g> Thank you for that lovely compliment too and all that fdk.

Thanks again everyone!

-- DJ

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard