Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lois was glad the drive to Smallville from the airport wasn't an extremely long one because she had become sick of the tiresome flat expanse of road that she had been driving on. There was nothing to see - just miles and miles of flat farmland intermingled with fields where cattle grazed behind barbed wire fences.
That sounds a little boring - no place for young lovers to make out, eh? wink

Turning into their driveway and making her way towards the house, Lois marveled at how time just seemed to stand still somehow out in the country. It was so much different than the hustle and bustle of life in a big city.

There was no way she could ever live in the country. It would drive her insane. The constancy of it and repetitiveness. She needed excitement, challenges... variety.
I can sympathize. No, the place I live in is nothing like Metropolis, most certainly... but still, there are about 250,000 people living in Malmö, so there is certainly some variety here. And Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark, is only forty minutes away by train, and there is a train for Copenhagen every twenty minutes. And Lund, a smallish but charming city with the second most important university in Sweden, a true city of wit and academia, is only fifteen minutes away by train.

“Tornados? Are you kidding?” Lois asked before giving her a lopsided grin. “So there is some truth to Dorothy, Toto and Oz, after all?”
Wow, DJ, I had forgotten! It was indeed a tornado that brought Dorothy to the land of Oz. Eh... well... that's an idea, you know? Bringing on a tornado... and having it drop Clark and Lois in the land of Oz? wink

“Martha, is he that sick? Has he gotten worse since I talked to you yesterday?”

Martha's shoulders slumped and she let out a soft sigh. “I don't know. He won't talk to me. Somehow I get the impression that it's not just illness keeping him in that bed. I think part of it is a lack of desire to get out of bed.
[Linked Image]

Oh, woe is me... (add bed to picture)

Clark was lying in bed with his back to the door and the blanket pulled up high around him. His only answer was an indecipherable grunt.
[Linked Image]

“Clark? What's wrong? Why won't you talk to me?”

“I just don't feel like it,” he mumbled, still refusing to turn and look at her.
[Linked Image]

How could she be so blind as to not realize how her words had hurt him? “Clark *is* the ordinary man leading the ordinary life and you didn't love him. The only reason you care about me now is because you know that the man who you only considered to be your partner and your friend is actually your super hero. It changed your perspective of me, but it didn't change *me*,” he paused for a moment and when he continued, his voice was very quiet, “I'm still the same person I've always been and when it comes right down to it, you never loved that person.”
[Linked Image]

“Oh, sure, you say that now. You know that I'm Superman now. That's the only reason you've changed your mind.” Clark had no idea why he was pressing the issue at this particular moment. He really didn't feel like talking about it – like talking period. It just hurt to know that Lois loved her super hero so much that she would hop on a flight to come down here and check on him, but if it were really just Clark, she wouldn't have come.
[Linked Image]

Clark felt a rush of pure pleasure run through his body at that knowledge. It was somehow vindicating to know that before Luthor had died, he had known that Lois loved Clark more.
Yeah, well, the problems some people have... like not being content until Lex Luthor knows that your mild-mannered persona has out-attracted his eligible billionaire! wink

“Oh,” she said softly. Lois got up from the bed unsure of what to say next or where to go. She certainly wasn't in a position to talk to him about Klein. And it wouldn't do any good right now, anyway; the sun was already starting to go down.
No, no, no, you must tell him that he must stay in the sun, Lois! Tell him!!!! wallbash

Clark frowned half-heartedly. “Are you doing the cooking?” She shook her head "no' and he continued with a smile, “Then I think I might be able to make it down.”

Lois stuck her tongue out at him in mock indignation and hid a smile. He was already feeling better.
Well, Clark needs to be slapped upside the head and be put over Lois knee and spanked, but I guess I'll have to settle for her sticking out her tongue at him.

Lois rolled her eyes. “Martha, I don't think he's sick. I think he's faking it.”

Martha laughed. “It wouldn't be the first time a Kent male had feigned illness for some TLC.”

“Hey!” Jonathan protested. “It was too beautiful of a day that fine spring morning to spend it away from my new blushing bride. I don't remember hearing any complaints.”

“Dad!” Clark exclaimed. His cheeks had turned rosy and it made Lois laugh. He looked over at her and caught her eye, a grin spreading across his face. “I have to admit that I do feel better. In fact, what would you say to taking a walk with me?”
Take a hint from your dad, Clark. But hey, as for that walk... didn't Martha say something about a storm brewing?

Clark surprised her when he reached out and took her hand in his as they walked. Maybe she hadn't covered her stumble as well as she thought she had. Lois smiled, enjoying the way her skin tingled where it met with his.
That's so sweet. Maybe she should stumble more often. wink

“Sometimes I miss *this*, he said and gestured at the sky, “living in the city.”

Lois bit her lip. “So I guess that means you aren't really missing the city, yet?”
You'd better miss your city girl, Clark!

Clark glanced over at her and flashed her a smile that she could barely see through the darkness around them. “No, I miss it, but I've got the best part here with me tonight,” he said softly, giving her hand a gentle squeeze.
Good boy.

She was glad it was dark out so hopefully he couldn't see the color that she could feel flushing her cheeks. “When do you think you'll come back?”

Lois heard him sigh softly. “I don't know. When do you think Perry will want me to come back?”

She thought for a moment. In truth, Perry probably wouldn't need Clark for at least a couple more weeks, but she didn't want him to be gone that long. “Next week?” she replied hopeful.

“Next week?” Clark stopped walking - beginning to feel the soreness threatening to return in his side - and turned to face her, trying to read her expression through the darkness. He was cursing the fact that his powers had deserted him. His eyesight was normally much better. “Is that when he wants me back or when you want me back?”

She hesitated for a moment before replying, “I would want you to come back tomorrow.”
Awwww!!!! That's so sweet! Clark, return to Metropolis as soon as possible!

“That day... the park... wasn't your fault,” he consoled her. “I caught you off guard. I shouldn't have...”

“No, Clark, I lied about my feelings that day.” She had to make him see that she loved him, make him understand that she had gone to Dr. Klein to help him. He needed to know what Klein had told her. But the potential to wreck everything loomed over her, threatening to smother her voice. Or maybe that was just the humidity. “Clark, I...”

She paused because of a crack of thunder and flash of lightning from the field next to them. “Wow, that was close,” she breathed.

And then the rain came.
Noooo! Thunder and lightning and rain interruptus! Just when she was going to tell him that she loves him!

Lois planted her feet, forcing Clark to stop. He turned to look at her and she frowned at him. “Don't.”

Clark gave her a look of confusion. “Don't what?”

“Don't you do that, Clark. I don't care about your powers. I mean it. I would just as soon have your arm around me keeping me warm.”

He tightened his hold on her. “I can definitely do that.”

“Okay, good,” she said, sounding satisfied. “Now let's get you inside before your cold turns into pneumonia.”
I love Lois putting her feet down! laugh

Clark opened the door for her and followed her inside. Lois looked around expecting Martha to come in and fuss at Clark for getting caught in the rain, but she wasn't anywhere to be seen. “Where's your mom?”

Clark gestured upstairs. “They go to bed pretty early because they have to get up before the chickens,” he said, smiling at her. Then he shrugged. “That's life on a farm.”
Have Martha and Jonathan just gone to bed? I don't think so. Are you up to something ominous here, DJ? Clearly you need to post the next part soon, or else we may start moping and taking to our beds!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Ann wink

Top Banana
Top Banana
"After a few seconds, Clark reached down and shifted the nozzle to cold."

LOL Loved that!

laugh

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Wow,DJ, what a story. I like it. I was desperate to find out what Clark was like when he has a cold. And now,he was just being depressive. Hehe. Liked that. It's all just in your mind. It's great that Lois managed to convince him so quickly. You did a great job picturing depressive Clark, but that doesn't mean I have to like him that way.

Great story! thumbsup

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, DJ, wonderful part!
I'm very happy that Lois got the chance to express her feelings and he believed her smile

Babsi, who is waiting for the next part wink

Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice and thank you for ending my weekend so beautifully. Finally...
Have Martha and Jonathan just gone to bed? I don't think so. Are you up to something ominous here, DJ? Clearly you need to post the next part soon, or else we may start moping and taking to our beds!
I have to agree with this assessment.

I'm afraid that the WAFF may be short lived when Lois tells Clark about Dr. Klein's suggestion. Don't leave our little minds wondering too long. Hurry back!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Woo Hooo! He's out of bed! Yay! And naked in the shower! Yay! Lois aren't you worried about the environment. Save water hon and go get to the shower before it is too late. Oh yes and um don't you think telling him that sunshine will help, might be a good thing? Loved it. More soon.Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
DJ, i'm still reading and still loving it. I'm sorry i haven't come by with any snarky comments lately.

Also, Ann you made me giggle. laugh

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
His mother called it feeling sorry for himself.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
That's all I've got to say, Clark.

Annnd we're talking again. Yay! Well at least until Operation: DNA gets spilled into the open...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
Are you ready for a little waff?
ooh yes!! smile1
The walk was so cute too. I think I would olso pick the arms over the heat-vision!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! <g> Ahhh, the smell of FDK in the morning - best way to start any day. laugh

Hi Ann!
That sounds a little boring - no place for young lovers to make out, eh? [Wink]
Heck no. There's um... plenty of places they can make out... <snerk> <shutting up now...>

LOL! I was seriously laughing out loud at all those "woe is me" pictures you posted. Ha ha. Too funny.

Well, Clark needs to be slapped upside the head and be put over Lois knee and spanked, but I guess I'll have to settle for her sticking out her tongue at him.
You have no idea how hard I laughed at that. You really have a thing for spankings, don't you? goofy

Well, maybe after the next part, you won't feel so inclined to spank Clark <whistles innocently>

Noooo! Thunder and lightning and rain interruptus!
Hey, I have no control over the weather. :p

Clearly you need to post the next part soon, or else we may start moping and taking to our beds!
LOL - oh, well, now, that wouldn't be good at all, would it? I'll definitely get that next part out soon. I'm going to be out of town next weekend and then I'm going to have company at my house... so I'm going to try to have 2 parts out this week. I'm thinking perhaps sometime Tuesday and then the next one by Friday - how's that? And both parts are waffy ones to boot. <g>

Thanks for the fdk Ann!

Hi gr8shadesofElvis (cute name - btw). Heh - I'm glad you loved that sentence. Thanks for the fdk.

Hi Bakasi! Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it. Clark did have a cold, but as you can see, it wasn't that bad of one. He got over it in a couple of days - it was just compounded by the fact that he was wallowing and feeling sorry for himself (and not getting enough sun - but that will change soon). Don't worry, Depressive!Clark is going to get much better. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Barbara! Thank you. Yes... it's amazing what can happen when people actually talk, hmmm? I hope to have the next part out on Tuesday... how's that? <g> Thanks for the fdk.

Hi Sheila! I lol'd at the "finally" part. <pat, pat> Sit back and relax for the next couple of parts... unlike Ann's ominous warning, you really have nothing to worry about... for a little bit. You all are getting a bit of a break with some fluff and fun and waff... scout's honor. <g> Hee hee - thanks for the fdk!

LOLS Laura! Out of bed - *AND* naked... how can you beat that. <snort> Ha ha... at the shower suggestion. <g> Thanks for the fdk, Laura, glad you loved it.

Hi jojo! That's okay... I'm so glad you're still reading... and loving it. Yes, Ann made me giggle too. Repeatedly... Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Jen! Operation: DNA gets spilled into the open - LOL. Well lets hope not. That DNA is valuable stuff, we wouldn't want it getting spilled. wink <snort> Thanks for the fdk, Jen!

Hi Camy!

I know Lois may prefere the city, but these are definitely things I love about the country!
You know... Lois may just find some things she likes about the country. <g>

And now they're even teasing each other, like they used to. I always love
<waffy sigh> Me too. <g> Thanks so much for the fdk!

Thanks everyone! Loved all the comments. The next part only gets waffier, I promise. I told you we were going to take a small break from the angst. I hope you enjoy it. <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Beautiful story so far! laugh

LOIS - TELL CLARK NOW!!!

Everyone else has captured a lot of my thoughts.

Looking forward to more!

SNL

Features Writer
Features Writer

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
oh boy, i really should stop reading that story sectretly at work while my department manager is next door, because every time i sighed or cursed he shot me a curious glance wondering what i was doing there?! [Linked Image]

the whole story is just absolut marvelous but that
After a few seconds, Clark reached down and shifted the nozzle to cold
really made my day clap . i hope you'll post the next parts very quickly hail

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooooh, hi SNL! Thanks for the fdk. <g> Glad I have your attention. I think I'll be posting the next part tomorrow.

Hi again Barbara <hug> thank you for that poster! Yay, a poster!!! I was/am so excited. <g>

Hi lcfan4ever! I had to laugh out loud at your story. Bite your lip... that always seems to help me <g> Thank you for the 'marvelous'. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks again everyone! Look for the even waffier part 11 tomorrow. laugh

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by MetroRhodes:
Thank you for the 'marvelous'.
ups ... i hope that wasn't the wrong word? /me grabbing the dictionary.
what i was trying to say was: great, fantastic, wonderful ... and many things more i don't know the correct words for laugh

Bite your lip... that always seems to help me
i'll try to remember that tomorrow wink

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yay, a poster!!! I was/am so excited....
Look for the even waffier part 11 tomorrow. laugh
I'm glad you enjoy it blush <hug>
YAY, a more waffier part tomorrow! smile1

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes! I have returned from a wonderful vacation to find not only part 10 but PART 11 TOO! smile I don't know what I did to deserve so much good fortune. On to reading and commenting!

There was nothing to see - just miles and miles of flat farmland intermingled with fields where cattle grazed behind barbed wire fences.
Ugh I just finished a 12 and a half hour car ride. Lois, I know the feeling!

Lois asked, feeling a little apprehension when another gust of strong wind whipped around her as they made their way up the front porch steps.
If a tornado comes you can cuddle with Clark in the basement! *happy dance*

“Be my guest, if you want to risk getting sick. I told Mom that she should have told you not to come.”
Ouch. Grouchy!Clark isn't as fun to listen to as Angry!Clark or Justplainsexy!Clark.

“I believe you, Lois,” Clark murmured quietly. He pushed himself up into a sitting position and the blanket fell away, exposing the bare skin and contoured muscles of his chest.
Mmmmmm drool

“No, I miss it, but I’ve got the best part here with me tonight,” he said softly, giving her hand a gentle squeeze.
Oh sigh. Waff. I love it.

He needed to know what Klein had told her. But the potential to wreck everything loomed over her, threatening to smother her voice.
Hmm... kind of a twist on the normal Clark having to tell LOIS a big secret thing. Maybe she can emphasize a little better now!

his mind turned to thoughts of Lois bathing in this same shower after him. After a few seconds, Clark reached down and shifted the nozzle to cold.
lol! Aww. Great ending line. Great chapter as usual! I'm off to go read chapter 11. *Whistles happily*

---Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi guys. hyper

I hope the lip biting thing worked lcfan4ever. <g>

Hi Babsi! Yes, I loved it. Thanks.

Hi Laura S!
I don't know what I did to deserve so much good fortune.
Hee hee - just for being 'you'. <g> Glad you were so excited.

<laughs at 'cuddling in the basement'>

Glad you liked that ending line. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Thanks again everyone!

-- DJ

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard