Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4376 07/14/03 02:20 AM
klairl Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Here's the story you mentioned, ChiefPam. Thanks for the encouragement in writing and for introducing me to Flylady and her system, even though it took me forever to pay attention. wink

claire
TOC for Flying Solo

"Perfectionism spells paralysis." - Winston Churchill
#4377 07/14/03 02:56 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Where is your laundry? laugh

Very fun, Claire!! smile1 I've tried Flylady in the past and you've reminded me that I need to go back to it when the kids go back to school. With five of them who needs to FLY when you have slave labor! goofy

Glad you're able to come back to FoLCdom!!

Missy (who refuses to answer the 'Where is your laundry' question because her dryer is broken...)

#4378 07/14/03 03:20 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cute, Claire. smile1

You know if you guys keep on producing such sweet kiddie fic like this one - and so enjoyable - I might have to abandon Tank over in the 'kids spoil the party' corner of the room and decide there's some merit in them being a part of fanfic after all. goofy

Interesting website. I figure I need its help when my first thought was, "I'll have to take a closer look at this when I have the time." dizzy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#4379 07/14/03 03:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, you posted! And you used my title! goofy

This is as sweet as I remembered, and I like your edits. Of course, it reminds me of all the FlyLady emails piling up in my in-box... blush I think you're doing much better than I am at that, these days! <g>

But I do like the insight that Lois's parents nit-picked her to death, and she's trying not to repeat that pattern. Perfectionism is sneaky.

PJ
who might just go do some dishes, or something...

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#4380 07/14/03 06:41 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Beautiful, Claire. It's nice to see Lois not wanting to be as perfect as her parents thought het to be.

And I'll have to remember that website for later, I have a feeling I'll really need in a few years time. wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#4381 07/14/03 09:37 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Great story! laugh

I heard about the FlyLady before there was a site, years back. I had forgotten. I'm signed up! Thanks Claire and Pam! notworthy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#4382 07/14/03 05:42 PM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Cute, Claire smile . I loved the insight about Lois struggling not to repeat what her parents did to her when she was growing up.

- Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#4383 07/14/03 07:46 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Funny and at the same time moving story.

I have never beleived that Lois would not learn if she put heart in the effort.

I think many *wives* should learn from this passage how not to criticize their *husbands* when they have done something - and they would get help another time also:

"The house impressed me, Lois, don't get me wrong," Clark changed to her other foot, "but it was your comfort with the children that really stood out."

"The Less-Than-Perfect table setting?" Lois sighed with a confused mixture of pleasure and remembered stress. "That was hard. Perfectionism is tough for me to handle. I don't want to saddle my kids with it too. Isn't Flylady-" Lois grinned, "super?"

"Definitely part of the Super Club." Grinning back at Lois, Clark released her feet to the bubbles.

"I'll just be a few more minutes," Lois told him. "You'll probably have to fix a few of the things I couldn't keep up with likeā€¦"

"No, Lois, you've done an even better job on the house than Laura did on the table, and I'm not going to change a thing!"

Lois didn't know whether to laugh or cry. She knew she'd done the best she could, but she was still expecting to be critiqued. Clark's love and support kept on surprising her.
Lucky Lois! Lucky Laura!

Gabriele
#4384 07/15/03 11:04 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute story. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#4385 07/15/03 12:54 PM
klairl Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thank you all so very, very much!

MissyG, smile1
Thank you all again. Your enjoyment means a lot to me.

#4386 07/16/03 12:15 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Claire

A great story! smile1

Tricia cool (who will have to check out the Flylady website.)

#4387 07/16/03 01:49 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You've reminded me... FlyLady really does enhance your life. For instance, about six months ago, I was re-reading Kathy's "Momentum" and got to the part where Clark is telling himself to take "babysteps" -- I had a vision of Clark with a purple feather duster and fell over laughing. laugh

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#4388 07/16/03 02:43 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
very cute Claire
merry

#4389 07/22/03 09:03 AM
klairl Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thank you, Trisha! wave Hope you enjoy Flylady!

Thanks, Pam! LOL! laugh

Thank you, Merry, glad you enjoyed it.
blush

Thank you all, very very much!
claire

#4390 07/24/03 04:25 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I know I'm late to the party since I've been offline, but I couldn't *not* comment on this one. You wrote Flylady into a fanfic!! OMG, ROTFL!

Too funny, Claire ... just as well you didn't tell me about this over dinner or lunch when I was visiting all you NC FoLCs last week or I would have choked on my food. <g>

I've raved about Flylady enough on IRC that I think most of the regulars know how much I love the system ... and I get a huge kick out of knowing how many others use it as well.

Thanks for cracking me up!

Kathy (who does indeed remember Pam joking about Clark's "baby steps" in Momentum ... and how we kept confusing people on IRC by quoting Flylady-isms. <g>)

#4391 07/25/03 02:49 PM
klairl Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
You were not late, Kathy. The rest of us were just a little early. wink

You made some Flylady comment at dinner that night and I thought you'd seen this. I'm glad this gave you a chuckle. A real Flylady fan should pick up the clues. She has such a helpful approach. laugh

/me thinks, Oooooh, Kathy laughed!

smile1

Thanks,
claire

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard