Next Thread
Print Thread
#43753 06/19/07 01:57 AM
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Neat part. And I'm glad Martha has another woman to talk with about her son.

How come Lois didn't pass along Dr. Klein's advice for Clark to spend lots of time in the sun? I kept waiting for her to say something and she never did. Was she that rattled by Clark's insistence that no one experiment on him?

If that's true, then she's risking almost everything in taking that hair to Star Labs. Clark might be so mad that he never speaks to her again! (At least, until the next chapter.)

Oh, just so we're all on the same page, hair shafts do not contain complete copies of DNA. In order to get a good sample, at least part of the hair root must be attached. But I'm sure Dr. Klein can find that tissue without much difficulty.

I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining, because I'm not. This is a very tender story and I'm waiting impatiently for the next post.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh! You posted! laugh

Wait a minute, she thought, that came out wrong. She giggled a little bit to herself. It would be even weirder staying at his apartment *with* him there.
Noooo! Not weirder. *Better* wink He should be staying with her and... you know, since there's only one bed, they can share. *lol* OK, so I'm jumping the gun a little bit....

She glanced towards the unmade bed in the other room. She had slept in Clark’s bed last night. In Superman’s bed!
Ya know... if she wanted to make a little easy cash, I'm fairly sure she could have women lined up for a few dozen blocks for a chance to slide into Superman's bed for even just a sec... I'd certainly stand in line for that. Much better than thrill rides at Six Flags!

Then her smile began to fall into a frown. Would she get the chance to hold him like that? Kiss him like that? What would Clark have to say to her when he came back from Kansas? Would he come back?
*sniffles* Come back, Clark... Come baaaaaaack!!

smile Thanks for a nice, calm part - not once did I want to go and kick Clark in the shins. *lol* But then, I'm sure there will be more of that in the future, won't there? *giggles*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Kerth
Kerth
DJ already knows how very frustrated and unhappy I am with Lois on her stubborn refusal to say anything to Martha about GETTING CLARK OUT IN THE SUN! I don't care if she promised him she wouldn't say anything to his parents! I'd rather have him alive and angry with me than DEAD!

Ahem. Sorry. I get a little too involved sometimes. Let me do some deep breathing exercises and I'll quote a few favorites.
She had slept in Clark’s bed last night. In Superman’s bed! She felt a little light-headed and took another sip of her coffee.
If I were Lois, I'd need something a little stronger than creamer in my coffee if I was sleeping in Clark's (or Superman's) bed. Even if he isn't there at the time.
“It’s just so nice to have someone to talk to about my boy. All I’ve ever had was Jonathan, and while I love him dearly, I’m sure you know that men aren’t always the best at talking or sharing their feelings.” Her voice had taken on a tremble and it made tears sting Lois’s eyes.
Martha is the best! K. Callan was so amazing in the role - and the scene where she comes over to see Lois in WHALTTA is one of the best in the whole run of the series. You captured that same essence so well in this part. <sniffle>
Her mind suddenly made an abrupt turn and she found herself imagining what it would feel like to run her hands through his dark silky locks. She could picture the two of them right here – Clark kissing her, his arms around her. It didn’t take too much imagination since she had shared kisses with him both as Clark and Superman. He would run his hands up her back as he deepened the kiss, exploring her body softly with his fingertips, and she would wrap her arms around his neck, threading her hands up through those delicious locks.
Geez! Just standing in his bathroom is sexy - imagine if he were actually there...

We don't have much longer before they're back together and things heat up - right? Right?!?!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Excellent post. Although I agree with Terry and Sue that I really expected Lois to say something to Martha about him being in the sun.

Lois is going to be in so much trouble... can't wait for the next post!

Jo

Columnist
Columnist
hey you only posted once this time goofy

Plus, he had been really good about calling her once a day to check on her.
ooh he calls her once a day!! that's so sweet! you know Lois, I would be looking forward to that too wink
And she needed to know where things were at, in case she wanted to... well, cook or something. She rolled her eyes in disgust. Couldn’t she have come up with a better rationalization than that?
*lol* lovely really. Lois and cooking?! wink
Well stay there as long as you like. Clark was happy to have you there.”
yeah and ...maybe... they could live there *together* when he comes back?

Ooh that bathroom scene that was just aaaww and oooh!! If they only talked about how they felt... hmmm

Lo-is!! So she's taking the lock of hair, I wonder what Clark gonna think of that...

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Great part. I love the part with Lois & Martha. I was also expecting Lois to mention about Clark being in the sun.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooh, Lois... You're gonna be in trouuuble... :rolleyes: As usual.

I would not want to be there when she explains to Clark how Dr Klein has some of his DNA.

But I'll read about it! laugh

This was a wonderful part. I can't wait until Part 9, DJ! Soon, please?

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Top Banana
Top Banana
DJ wrote a new chapter! smile1

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah! A new part!

I was so upset that lois didn't tell Martha to get Clark out into the sun. I was also disappointed that Clark really did go to Kansas. I half expected him to be ay his apartment when Lois arrived. Please let Dr. Klein hurry up and find something for Clark.

Now you either need to get Clark back to Metropolis or get Lois out to Smallville.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Blogger
Blogger
Oh, Lois. You are going to royally tick off your partner when he finds out that you scooped up some of his hair and took it off to STAR Labs for Dr. Klein. I predict a huge blow-out fight before all of this gets resolved. If only Clark had gotten to meet Bernard when Lois did. We all know he's very trustworthy!

I wish Lois was the one taking care of Clark when he's sick, but maybe after Dr. Klein mixes up a cure, she'll be flying out to Smallville to come to his rescue. Something tells me that Clark's sickness is going to get worse before it gets better, but I hope my prediction is incorrect!

Another great installment of the story! Keep it coming! smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone!!!

First, let me address everyone's chief concern - Lois not telling Martha about the sunlight. Remember that Clark asked Lois not to mention anything having to do with the Kryptonite or Dr. Klein to his parents. And she promised. She's already lost his trust once... I don't think she would risk it again flippantly. She's expecting to talk to him the next day. Not to mention, she's nervous about telling him that she talked to Dr. Klein again. Will he even be willing to listen to what she has to tell him?

She's in a dilemna here and is going to have to work through it the best way she can. She's already stepped over the line by taking the hair... but she reasons that Clark doesn't have to know about that (unless she tells him).

Okay - now on to fdk! <g>

Hi Terry! So glad to see you are still reading! Thanks for the fdk. For the purposes of this story, we'll pretend Clark's comb ripped a hair out by the root and it got stuck to his bottle of hair gel, how about that? <g> No, you don't sound like you're complaining! Please, keep me on my toes - I like it. <g> Thanks!

Lara! LOL!

Noooo! Not weirder. *Better* He should be staying with her and... you know, since there's only one bed, they can share. *lol* OK, so I'm jumping the gun a little bit....
I like one of your comments you made on another part... something about her tripping and falling beneath him on the bed. LOLS.

Much better than thrill rides at Six Flags!
<giggles>

But then, I'm sure there will be more of that in the future, won't there?
I don't know - you tell me... you've read the next 3 parts. <g> Thanks Lara!

Hi Sue!

<pat, pat>

Yes, I know. I've aggrevated the heck out of you with this story. Poor thing. Although, I did just send you part 10, which has the beginnings of some nice waff in it.

You captured that same essence so well in this part. <sniffle>
Awwww! Thank you so much!

Geez! Just standing in his bathroom is sexy - imagine if he were actually there...
LOLS!!!

We don't have much longer before they're back together and things heat up - right? Right?!?!
Like I said above... go read part 10. <g> Thanks Sue!!!

Hi Julie! Thanks so much for the fdk. Yes, don't worry, the sunlight hasn't been forgotten.

Hi Camy! Yes! Only one post. goofy Hee hee. So glad you enjoyed this part... especially the bathroom scene. <g> Yes, what is Clark going to think of that? Hmmm.... Thanks for the fdk Camy!

Hi Jackie! Thanks for the fdk. Yes, that pesky sunlight... don't worry.

Hi Anna!

I would not want to be there when she explains to Clark how Dr Klein has some of his DNA.

But I'll read about it!
<snort> Try writing it. <g> Hopefully I wrote it believeably. LOL - already begging for part 9? By Friday, I hope.... <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Laura S! Hee hee, you're cute.

I love the rapid fire questions... so Lois. I bet she whipped those out in about 2.5 seconds too, no pausing for breath.
Yay - I'm so glad you read it that way. That's the way it was supposed to be. <g>

Mmmm.... imagined waff is nearly just as good as the real thing.
Heh - just wait. wink

This is shaping up to be fantastic, though I didn't expect anything less! You're so talented!
blush Awwww, thank you Laura - my goodness... you're going to give Babbles a big head. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Sheila! Awwww... so much disappointment for you. I'm sorry. Hang in there... 2 more parts and you'll be into waff. I promise.

Now you either need to get Clark back to Metropolis or get Lois out to Smallville.
Yes, ma'am. One of those coming up very soon - but I won't say which one. <g> Thanks for the fdk!

Hi ignoredsins!

I predict a huge blow-out fight before all of this gets resolved.
Hmmm... you know, you could be right... one just never knows. <g>

Something tells me that Clark's sickness is going to get worse before it gets better, but I hope my prediction is incorrect!
Now just how mean do you think I am? Hmmm? And I have promised a lot of waff coming up. angel-devil Thank you for the fdk! Glad you are enjoying it. <g>

Thanks again everyone! Part 9 should be out by Friday. <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh dear. I come back from vacation and this is what I find? Sneaking around with DNA?!? Well, at least they're talking...which might end again after Operation DNA, LOIS! Anyway, great couple of parts! One of these days I'll leave better feedback. goofy What can I say, it's summer, and I'm on vacation til the end of July. goofy

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Terry,

It's a bit late to start commenting, but I've just caught up with this story and I wanted to tell you that I'm enjoying it a lot. laugh

To tell the truth, I'm glad I wasn't reading as you were posting the earlier parts, as I'm sure you would have driven me to biting my nails.

But it seems that Clark isn't out of the woods yet and he's getting sick again. Maybe Lois won't be in trouble when he finds out she's kept talking to Dr Klein, even when he asked her not to. He might just be glad that Dr Klein is there to make him well again.

Now I'm waiting for the next part, and not very patiently. wink

Yours Jenni

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
It's way past bedtime, so I won't comment fully. (Although I'm so happy you posted. Was it just for me? Shucks!) But I did want to say this--in a voice reminiscent of my favorite Christmas episode, "Lois is in trouble. Lois is in trouble."

Elisabeth

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Again I'm sneaking just a few minutes here, and I have absolutely no time to quote. But I think Lois did the right thing when she brought Clark's hair to Doctor Klein. She trusts Klein because she ultimately trusts her own father, who recommended Klein, and she believes that Klein is the one who can possibly save Superman from the Kryptonite scourge. I can see that Clark may feel horribly betrayed, but he simply hasn't got enough infomation to make an informed judgement here.

I disagree with Lois's decision not to tell Martha to make sure that Clark spends a lot of time in the sun. It could be absolutely critical for him to get enough sunlight, and Clark can't know that unless someone tells him. Since Clark wouldn't speak to Lois, she should have told Martha instead.

But I can see Clark going ballistic over Lois's "betrayal" as she took his hair to Doctor Klein! Gaahh! You'd better fix this sooner rather than later, DJ!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! Yay! More fdk!!!

Hi Jenni Debb!

Hi Terry,
Hmmm.... were you just saying hello to Terry, since he started the thread? Or...

Oh no... <sighs and shakes her head - the rumors Sue has started about me are taking hold. People are beginning to think I'm a man... although, Terri - with an I - can be a woman's name... \Babbles peeks her head in - yes, but she didn't use an I, did she?\ Oh, shut up, Babbles. This is probably your fault. You've been moonlighting under a pen name, haven't you! I'll get you for this - Terry Babbles!>

Okay, sorry for that complete bit of silliness. I swear I haven't been drinking... No really! It's only 9 a.m. here... what kind of person do you think I am?

LOL.

Okay, really... *ahem* Pardon me. Seriously, Jenni, thank you for that lovely fdk. I'm so glad you decided to read the story and are enjoying it. Nail biting? Really? Cool! I'm flattered.

Thanks for the fdk - and maybe your impatience won't last much longer... I'm thinking of posting the next part today. <g> I said "by" Friday.

Hi Elisabeth! LOL - reminds me of when I was a teenager and still living at home and I wasn't supposed to read too late at night... so I would sneak a light under the covers and read. I usually didn't get caught. <g> And I oftentimes stayed up way too late.

What?!

I was a pretty good kid. Sneaking mystery stories till midnight isn't too bad... is it? LOL. Thanks for the fdk, Elisabeth.

Hi Ann! I hope you are having a fabulous time. But I'm so tickled you sneaked in to leave me some fdk. Hee hee. I'm so glad you can *see* so many different things from the character's points of view. Makes me feel all giddy. Fix it sooner than later? Why, yes ma'am! I'll get right on that! In fact, I'll be posting part 9 shortly. And like I've told all of you before... part 10 begins the waff. So hang in there!

Thanks again everyone!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard