Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43460 06/12/07 03:23 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yay!!! Great part, DJ! smile ..and a wonderful start to my day. I love reading fic while I have my coffee at work. hehe!

She smiled back. “Yeah. I’m pretty good at covert operations...” Her smile disappeared. “I just can’t see what’s right in front of my face.”
Ah... don't feel bad, Lois. No one else has seen it either. And you were never meant to figure it out.

“Clark, I need to...” “Lois, there’s something I...” They both said at the same time.

“Let me go first,” Lois told him. “I did something last night that I’m not sure you’ll agree with completely, at least not at first. But I need you to hear me out because I think...”

She was interrupted by a loud knock at the door. She sighed in frustration as Clark’s voice rang out, “Who is it?”

“It’s Henderson,” the gruff voice said from behind the door.
Ah, dammit... Henderson Interruptus. *sigh*

I know what Lois wanted to tell Clark, but what did he want to say to her? Do we know? I'll have to go read part 5 again. *lol*

Lois frowned. She knew he had to feel like crap. Why didn’t he just say so? Was it a macho thing, or a polite farm boy thing? Maybe it was just a ‘superhero’ thing?
Love this!! smile It's all three, I'm sure. (eg: it's a Clark thing. *lol*)

“I just got off the phone a little bit ago with a man whom I’d pitched the paper to, Mr. Stern. Apparently he’s seriously reconsidering my proposal. There’s no offer on the table yet, but it was encouraging.”
Talk to Bruce Wayne! *lol*

But, seriously, in the comics, after the Doomsday thing when Superman died and the Daily Planet building is seriously damaged (if not destroyed) Lex Luthor becomes the owner (he bought it from Franklin Stern, actually). Luthor fired everyone and changed the name of the newspaper. At one point, he sells it back to Perry (yup) for one dollar and eventually, after everyone is rehired and the name is reinstated, the paper is sold to Bruce Wayne. AFAIK, Bruce is still the current owner.

<end nerdy comment>

“Kansas?” Lois repeated the word numbly. “You’re going to Kansas?” she asked, this time with a little heat in her voice.
Oi... poor Lois. frown And silly Clark. He could have had her to care for him. DUH. She's unemployed and doing nothing.... I'm sure she would have jumped at the chance to spend time with the guy. Come on... *lol*

“How dare you,” she said, her voice low and steady, but brimming with emotion. “I did what I did to help you, you dim-witted, thick-sculled... Kryp...” Lois wasn’t sure what the term for his people would be, but she tried again anyway, “Kryp..tonian! Because I... care about you.”
hehehe! Great comeback!! smile Just one thing... silly girl, you more than "care" about him. Just admit it, will you? *sigh*

And before Clark could even think of what to say, she had slammed his door shut behind her. “Wait, Lois!” he called out. Why had he been so harsh? He made his way slowly up to the door, cringing with each step that he climbed. He opened the door wide and shouted after her, “Lois!”
Too late, dude. You shouldn't have blown a fuse over this! She did it to help, she really did. You really should know her better by now. blah!

I'm really looking forward to the next part of this! smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
i can understand why he got upset with her telling a SCIENTIST. im on his side tho i still love Lois. wink

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very good, very good indeed
thumbsup

doublel

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very good, very good indeed
thumbsup

doublel

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sorry for the triple post, I was impatient with the return key

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello! Thanks for the fdk guys!

Hi Lara! Thanks. Glad it was a wonderful start to your day.

I know what Lois wanted to tell Clark, but what did he want to say to her? Do we know? I'll have to go read part 5 again. *lol*
I never eluded to what he was going to say... so let your imaginations run wild... "Lois there's something I... want to tell you... I'm madly in love with you..." <snort>

I'm glad you loved the *Clark* thing. <g> Hee hee.

Interesting info on Batman there, Lara. I like Batman... but I don't know a lot about his background. <g>

Heh - glad you liked the Kryptonian comeback. <g> Thanks Lara!

Hi sammie! Ahhhh, someone who can see Clark's side of it. Good. I was hoping there would be some readers who would see Lois's side and some who would see Clark's. <g>

Hi doublel! 3 replies! Woo-hoo. wink Glad you are enjoying it.

Thanks for the fdk everyone!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard