Next Thread
Print Thread
#43346 06/09/07 09:59 AM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

admin edited post header to include part no.

#43347 06/09/07 10:31 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Well written as always but I have no clue where you are going. Interesting restart.

Framework4
#43348 06/09/07 11:07 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, love this, but like Patrick, I have no idea what is going on.

Your stories always have an impressive specific weight. They are not to be trifled with. In this story, there is Lois's unusual strength, her unfamiliar appetite, her fatigue which makes her sleep for nine hours straight with her head on Clark's shoulder...and there is, perhaps, blood on her hands. You certainly make me wonder, Shayne. And then there is the mystery and the incomprehensible tragedy of the collapsed city of Sunnydale. (Consider that name, people. Roll it on your tongues and taste it.) It's like a sunken Atlantis sitting like an unfathomable bogeyman in the middle of this story. And then there is the celebration of life and joy symbolized by the Mexican family with its many children, who try to embrace an unwilling Lois, and whose home is a symphony of pictures of children, lovely Spanish rugs on the floor and walls painted in reds and pinks, the colors of blood, life and love.

In the midst of all this, the appearance of an amazing man from Krypton who hasn't even revealed himself to the world seems almost mundane.

The feeling of melancholy and mystery is very strong here, and I very much want to read the rest of it. The lack of a tbc at the end of the story, as well as the missing figure one after the title, was a mistake, I'm sure.

Ann

#43349 06/09/07 11:25 AM
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
So is Lois the newest Vampire Slayer?

AmyN

#43350 06/09/07 11:26 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I love it! Well-written, and I'd love to see more - ASAP.

Lois gets really strong after Sunnydale, of all places, gets evaporated? I get it, I get it! hyper Can't wait what else you have in store for our favorite couple. Hopefully not a TE. The forces at work are none to trifle with - not even for a Kryptonian.

Oh, and Lois, just for further reference: Stake 'em!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#43351 06/09/07 12:34 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
intriguing! I look forward to more

#43352 06/09/07 01:09 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Crossover with BtVS! Brilliant! I can't wait to see where you go with this. Now there are two revelations instead of the one, and they're both trying to figure out the source of their powers. Nifty premise. Pleaseohplease update often!

Hutch hyper

#43353 06/09/07 02:10 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I can't wait to read more of this, it's a fantastic start! It's beautifully written.

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#43354 06/09/07 02:20 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
“I can square dance too.”
For some reason this line gave me the giggles. smile

So we've got Buffy Town (I think!), an oddly strong and traumitized Lois and a strangely prescient Clark. I'm intrigued, Shayne.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#43355 06/09/07 03:28 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes the square dance line was so Clark. You have my attention too. And ditto to what everyone else said. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#43356 06/09/07 03:30 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm hooked! Hooked I tell you! Is Lois a vampire slayer now? Brilliant! dance

MOre more more! wildguy wildguy wildguy ASAP!

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
#43357 06/09/07 04:25 PM
Kerth
Kerth
The whole wrecked city thing from Buffy is such a natural for any superhero crossover, I'm surprised it isn't done more often. Not that there's much that Superman could do about it, apart from looking for bodies - given how fast everything happened in the show it'd all be over well before the news got to the Planet.

Anyway, this looks like it's going to be entertaining, looking forward to more.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#43358 06/09/07 04:40 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
smile1 *bounces in her seat in excitement* smile1

....coming down from the sugar high and excitement...

Besides my obvious like of both shows... superbly written. I love your descriptions and the interactions as you write them. I can't wait for more!

From Pheremone, My Lovely:

Clark: Lois! Please! Get a grip!
Lois: Believe me, I’d love to!
#43359 06/09/07 04:48 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Here's what I think has happened.

Lois was about to get killed in the Congo when her slayer strength kicked in and she didn't realize it until she'd laid waste to a bunch of guys who were trying to kill her. Now she's trying to figure out what happened, and her body is trying to adjust to the higher Slayer metabolism and energy demands she's putting on it (hence the uncontrolled hunger and long nap on the trip). I can't wait for her to get mad at Clark and take a swing at him, realizing as she connects that her new-found strength might kill a normal human, and being astounded when he barely reacts (or gets slammed into a wall with no injuries).

Very interesting crossover going, Shayne. I'm not a Buffy fan, but even I recognize the town that collapsed into the earth due to some Buffy-verse event. I always thought the name "Sunnydale" was deliberate irony, given all the darkly insane and demonic things happening there. And why didn't Lois realize that when Clark said
“I looked….there’s nothing that could have survived all that..."
he shouldn't have been able to be so certain? Is she that distracted by her situation? It's understandable, sure, but she's also a top-notch reporter. Surely she'll pick up on that slip before long.

I'm definitely going to follow this one. Keep up the great work!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#43360 06/09/07 05:38 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Wow. Thanks for all the comments! It occurred to me that this is a fandom that for the most part doesn't watch a lot of Buffy. The only way I could think of to do a crossover that would please everyone was to not write it as a crossover.

Most crossovers are terrible because they rush over everything in an effort to hurry up and get to the good part, when the heroes from two shows meet. In the process, characterization, setting, plot...it's all thrown out the window.

This isn't a story about Buffy at all. She may or may not make an appearance later, but at this point I don't see that as a main focus for the story. This is a story about Lois, and her reactions to an unnatural situation.

By keeping the focus strongly on that, and on her reactions to her new partner, I think it'll be more palatable for most folcs than otherwise.

The Buffy fans should be ok with it too, I hope.

As for speculations by folcs like Terry and Ann...well, you may be right on the money, you might not...I'm not saying at the moment evil

But I love the articulate way you express those speculations, and I appreciate the effort it takes to write them.

As for the destroyed city angle, Marcus...I'd think that in a post-Katrina and post-9-11 world, people would have more to write about. I suppose that sometimes too much reality is just too scary.

#43361 06/10/07 06:26 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Intriguing and original. thumbsup

Yvonne

#43362 06/11/07 06:01 AM
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
I think Lois was a potential (albeit an 'old' one) and that when Willow activated the slayers, she activated Lois.
AWESOME!!!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
#43363 06/17/08 08:33 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I just halfway through this and me being an old time fan of the Whedonverse. Well, halfway through and what a hoot. All the details, told form an outside. And Lois meeting Clem. The kittens. You're killing me here.

Can you believe I'd completely forgotten about the knights at the end of S5. Or rather, it took me ages to make the connection. I kept thinking you're talking about Glory's minions.

Michael

Oh, and hellgod Clark? L O L

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#43364 06/17/08 01:12 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, this is a great story. I got flummoxed by the dates, not noting the year. Enjoy all!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard