Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Great Part!!
I think it's great that she knows he's Superman. Martha worrying about Clark kind of gaved Lois the last hint, huh?? yay goofy !!!
He really has to explain a lot when he wakes up!!
Like:
Where did he keep his *suits*?
ha Lois, I know wink

It was nice of her to get some new clothes for him, for when he wakes up!!!
Oh, come on, Lois, she thought. They’re just boxer shorts for crying out loud.

But still... they were *his*.
rotflol I just thought this was so funny!!

and... oh it was so sweet of her to stay with him over night!! aaawwww

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Kerth
Kerth
Lois sighed in frustration. They were as bad as Clark.
Well, he had to learn it from somewhere. <g>
With the shape the dress was in she certainly wouldn’t be returning it.
Oh, but that could be a very fun vignette. wink

I thought you did a great job with Lois' reaction when her suspicions about Clark are proven correct. Her ego was hurt and it was the fact that he hadn't trusted her that hurt most. She was tired and worn out from worry and she lashed out at his parents as a proxy for Clark. Then, of course, she was deeply remorseful. Love, too, that his parents completely understood that.
Was it wrong to break-in to a friend’s house? Just to get them a change of clothes?
If you're Lois, those are just rhetorical questions. <g>
Lois turned to look at Clark. She was alone with him again. She walked over to his bed and gently took his left hand. “Hi there,” she whispered, rubbing her thumb across the back of his hand softly. “I guess it’s just you and me. Are you still hanging in there?”
Ah, the sweet, sweet angst of that quiet moment. <sniffle> I can see it perfectly in my mind and it's wonderful.

Nicely done, DJ!

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'll just ditto a <sniffle>... Another day with no change. I feel like I should settle down for a long haul before he's going to wake up...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Before she realized what Martha was doing, she had folded Clark’s covers sideways and tugged the left side of his gown up.

Clark was still modestly covered but Lois blushed furiously at his exposure...
I love the thought of Lois being embarrassed. smile

But still... they were *his*. She reached inside and pulled out the pair sitting on top. They had a red and black plaid pattern. She doubted he’d care very much which pair she brought or what color they were. Her mind began to drift and she found herself visualizing what Clark would look like in the boxer shorts. It wasn’t hard to do because she had seen him that one time in nothing but a towel.
drool drool drool Mmmmmm.... Thanks for the lovely mental image amoung the angst!

Aww Clark, wake up! I miss you, LOIS misses you! Great new chapter. I liked the look into Lois' mind and introspection. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Hopefully Clark will wake up soon!

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not very long in ways of feedback, it's hard to type, lying on my back...

This was a great part. smile Loved that Lois ended up at Clark's place and the realization that this is where Superman lives. And the whole underwear bit... hehehe! Can't wait to see what happens when Clark wakes up. smile

Thanks for giving me something entertaining to read - I really needed that. For a while I almost forgot the pain. *sigh*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, I'm glad Lois confronted Martha and Jonathan about Clark's secret identity. It was wrong of her to get angry at them, of course, when she should really have been angry at him. Not that she shouldn't blame herself for a few things too, of course. Lois acted like a complete idiot when she fell for Lex's "charm" - or money??? - and refused to listen to Clark's warnings about the billionaire. But it is true that Clark should accept some blame for that himself. He could easily have nipped the whole Lois/Lex "romance" in the bud if he had only spoken up to her as Superman. If Superman had warned her that Lex was up to no good, that he was dangerous and ruthless, then Lois would have listened. Apparently Clark felt that if she didn't listen to him as Clark, she didn't deserve to hear from him as Superman. Then at the last minute, Clark decided to go to Lex Manor (or whatever the place is called) and bodily confront Lex Luthor - only to run into Luthor's trap. Oh, Clark. This story is called House of Cards. Lois could most certainly have played her cards differently, but so could you.

It was chilling to see Lois in her own, half-empty apartment. And it was fun to see her in Clark's, now that she knew she was breaking into Superman's place. I'm glad she didn't find his suits, because that means they aren't that easily found. But this was ominously prophetic:

If he knew everything he was going to have to answer for when he woke up, he might not ever wake up.
*shudders*

And Lois found Clark's boxers. Well, that answered the "boxers of briefs" question, at least. Hmmmm. Wonder why so many female writers seem so sure that Clark is a boxers guy. Is that because he needs to put some more distance between himself and the guy who runs around showing off his red briefs in public every day - make that flies around showing off his red briefs in public every day? (But hey, he hardly takes off his underwear as he changes from Clark to Superman, so he would have to wear his boxers under his tights, wouldn't he? And wouldn't his boxers sort of wrinkle his tights? Me, I think Clark is a briefs guy, or he wouldn't wear that Superman suit in the first place! goofy )

Well, then Lois is looking at a happy picture of herself and Clark, and she is thinking this:

Would there be more times like that?
She knew she could forgive him for his deception... eventually. It was always hard for her to let go of things. It wasn't easy for her to trust people to begin with and she had really begun to open up to Clark. But now, after this... she wasn't sure how she felt. It felt on some level like a slap in the face. But she would try her best to work through her feelings and not lash out at him.

But that still left him. She could forgive him, but there were also things that she had done that would require forgiveness. Would he be able to forgive her?
mecry

And Clark is still asleep. He won't wake up. Maybe you should try the Sleeping Beauty treatment, Lois? Kiss him.

Ann

Kerth
Kerth
Wonder why so many female writers seem so sure that Clark is a boxers guy.
On the show he actually once said (in "Ultrawoman") that he wore briefs. But we all seem to ignore that because every freakin' time they showed him in his underwear he was wearing boxers.

At least, that's my rationale behind it. I pick and choose my facts according to my own weird whims. They said a lot of things on the show that made no sense to me or were later refuted by something else that happened (look at everyone in Lois' family who changed personalities and appearances) or the fact that Clark lied his head off with absolutely no compunction for two seasons only to suddenly have a crisis of conscience about fudging the facts in the fourth (dead to me!) season. I could go on, but in my world Clark wears boxers.

Dean Cain, on the other hand, looks absolutely yummy in his briefs. It was the only enjoyable ten seconds of "Best Men". The rest of the movie was two hours of my life that I'll never get back. I wish I could say that was a fair trade, but it wasn't. laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*lol* at the whole boxer/briefs thing.

I myself always have him wearing briefs when I write. I'm fairly certain it's *because* of that 10 seconds from "Best Men" in fact. Because, really... OMG!

Either way, I'm sure we all agree that no matter what he wears, he's drop dead drown-in-a-puddle-of-drool gorgeous. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow...another wonderful part! I'm anxious to see how Clark responds to Lois when he wakes up.

She could forgive him, but there were also things that she had done that would require forgiveness. Would he be able to forgive her?
At least Lois realizes that she hurt Clark and will need forgiveness just as much as he has hurt her and will need to be forgien. However, Lois stands a lot more to lose than Clark.

I'm always glad when Martha and Jonathan come around but I'm glad that they're leaving Lois and Clark to be alone now. They have a lot of talking to catch up on.

Well done and hurry back with the next part!

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed this part. Everyone seems very worried about how much longer Clark is going to be out...

Well...

Worry no more - he wakes up in the next part... pretty much right off the bat. So never fear... there is more angst to come, but we will begin building towards some WAFF... it may take a few parts to get to the "major" WAFF, but at least you have hope... goofy

Hi another folc! Thanks so much for the fdk. I'm glad you enjoyed her getting him clothes and the whole underwear scene. It's always nice when other people find something as funny as I did. <g>

Hi Sue! I think you should definitely write that vignette... what do you mean 'that's not what you meant?' <DJ whistles innocently...> I had to laugh at the rhetorical questions thing - so true. Squeeee... I'm so glad you liked that final scene. Yay! Thank you, Sue!

Awwww, hi, Jen! A ditto sniffle <hee>. Don't worry, our sweet farm boy is about to wake up - hang in there with me. <g> Thanks for the fdk.

Hi Laura S! Oh good, glad you enjoyed Lois embarrassed, you'll be seeing more of that in this story. <g> Welcome for the mental image of Clark's shorts goofy Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Lara! <<<hugs>>> I'm so sorry about your back sweetie. I'm so sympathetic... really, I am. I have inflammatory arthritis (in various parts of my body, including my back) and when it flares up bad, I'm miserable. You'll get to see what happens when Clark wakes up... very soon. <g> Glad I could entertain you and keep your mind off the pain for a while. (That's why I write... to distract myself <g>) Thanks for the fdk!

Hi Ann! Yes, very good opening points.

quote: If he knew everything he was going to have to answer for when he woke up, he might not ever wake up.

*shudders*
Don't worry, I'm not that cruel. <g> Clark is awake in the next part. It takes a while to work through things and get to some WAFF... but at least he's awake. <g> LOL at your boxers/briefs thing. I think Sue answered exactly how I would have in her post below yours... but I'll reiterate. In Ultrawoman, Clark says he wears briefs... but they showed him in boxers quite frequently on the show... so that's why I always picture him in boxers. I enjoyed your idea that maybe Clark wears boxers because his alter-ego wears briefs... hmm, yes, maybe. I might actually have Lois talk about that a little later... in a part where she, um, has to dress him... <shutting up now...>

Thanks for the fdk Ann!!!

Yes, my thoughts exactly, Sue. Thank you. In my world, Clark wears boxers, too. <g>

Either way, I'm sure we all agree that no matter what he wears, he's drop dead drown-in-a-puddle-of-drool gorgeous. [Wink]
LOL!!!!

Hi Sheila! I know, I know, everyone is anxious for Clark to wake up - he will... I promise... first thing in the next part. <g> I will hurry back with the next part. Thanks for the fdk!

Thanks again everyone! The FDK was great! <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard