Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43110 05/28/07 04:20 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Mmm, I think I just melted into a puddle of goo! blush This was such a beautiful and heartfelt fic!

I loved so much of the dialog, but this bit just really stuck out to me.

“Lois,” He ran a hand through her hair. “Lois, I think I love you.”

Lois stared at him, not quite believing. “How could you? I’m… difficult.”

“Beguiling,” He countered.

“Headstrong.”

“Intelligent.”

“Intense,” she concluded, continuing to berate herself.

“Lois.” The gentle force of his words stopped her. “This isn’t how I imagined doing this. I’m not even sure you’re ready to hear it. But I had to let you know. When we kiss… how can you believe them?”
So perfectly Lois and Clark! Lois only sees the negative aspects of her personality, but luckily, she has Clark to point out her good sides as well.

I wasn't quite sure how Clark was going to react to Lois' little charade, so I was very glad to see that he took it all in stride and realized the deeper emotions behind it all. People can be so cruel.

Any chance for a sequel? wink

Columnist
Columnist
Now throwing of everything, I just loved the story!
The gossip at the beginning was great!
You always think the person you're talking about won''t hear it, but I think they don't even care. Poor Lois!
Lois felt more comfortable around Clark Kent than she did with just about anyone else. There was just something so right about being with him, falling asleep curled up on his couch while he flipped from ball game to ball game, verbally sparring with him. He was one of the last good guys on earth.
aaw what sweet!!
“Oh. Yes. Warm. I suppose it is. I mean I was. I mean yes, I probably was,” Clark stumbled over his words, still slightly perturbed by Lois’ odd behavior.
Really smooth Clark wink rotflol
their friendship rocked but steady
great line and a lovely story!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awww! You always write the sweetest vignettes, Laura! This one is definitely going on my favourites list.

Fine. So Clark Kent was kind of attractive. In a corn fed, Greek god body kind of way. As if anyone liked that sort of thing.
Yeah. What woman in her right mind would want to go out with a Greek god? drool

“What is it Lois?” He said softly. “What’s got you so upset? I know you. That person in there… well, she was crazy and wonderful, and don’t get me wrong, I thought she was pretty spectacular, but she wasn’t <you>.”
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is our Clark in a nutshell. Why can't I find a guy like that? *sigh*

Overcome with a sudden fierce emotion, Lois threw her arms back around him. “Not just yet Clark… I can’t… We can’t lose this, don’t you see that? We could lose everything.”

Clark tightened his grip on her waist and closed his eyes in a mix of disappointment and understanding. Then, in a whisper so soft she barely heard it, he breathed in her ear.

“Just you wait, Lois. I think you’ll find that I am a very patient man.”
This is soo bittersweet. I have no words. None.

I think the biggest sell for me in this story was that they didn't just fall into each others arms and speeded-up Happily Ever After. It was just one of the incidents that drew them ever closer to recognizing that palpable aura of attraction that had always been between them. It was a very realistic and mature ending.

You should write more often, Laura. I think you're one of the best writers we have posting these days.

Keep it up,
A puddle of goo formerly known as Hasini. laugh

PS: You wrote this in TWO HOURS! shock Talent, thy name is Laura!

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Laura, Laura, Laura... How do you do it?

This was a wonderful little story - a pick-me-up at the end of a sucky day. laugh

My favourite line?

Smelling her partner’s neck was taking about 96 percent of her conscious thought.
Hehe. Smelling Clark's neck... drool

Well done! I really enjoyed reading it and I hope to read more little vignettes from you soon. smile

Hasini was right:
Talent, Laura is thy name!
~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I don't have time for a full review, but this was truely wonderful. What a great way to start my day!! clap laugh

Thanks a million!!

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Top Banana
Top Banana
blush blush blush blush
Oh my goodness, you certainly know how to flatter a girl. What a wonderful way to wake up this morning! I'm so excited you guys liked this. You very most certainly made my day. Okay, let me respond to all of this.

Ignoredsins--

So perfectly Lois and Clark! Lois only sees the negative aspects of her personality, but luckily, she has Clark to point out her good sides as well.
I'm glad you enjoyed that! It was a little difficult for me to decide if it was in character or not... because Lois being Lois, brimming with self confidence, I wondered if it was not contradictory to her self. But I think the logic I went with, and the logic you're following, is that when the protective layer falls off around Clark, she lets some of her insecurities show.
And a sequel? Hmm... I hadn't thought about it. Lol. Maybe instead I can get a better head start on some of the billions of 1/4 of the way finished fics on my harddrive instead!

Camy-- Yeah gossip can be REALLY cruel. I'm a senior in high school... so... I know. Lol. Even I felt bad for poor Lois. I'm glad you liked Clark stumbling over his words. Hehe. I liked it too. For some reason a flustered Clark Kent appeals to me even more than an in control one. Thank you for reading this!

Hasini-- Thank you so much!!! I can't tell you how excited you made me with your FDK! Gosh this stuff is addicting... Lol your comment about the Greek God made me laugh. But I can only figure that is the logic Lois Lane used if she could resist that stud of a partner of hers. drool drool drool So... I ran home and scribbled away in my journal like the stereotypical little kid, lol.

I think the biggest sell for me in this story was that they didn't just fall into each others arms and speeded-up Happily Ever After.
Good! I didn't want that to happen either. I spent a while on the phone with my friend, mulling over the ending. I guess credit goes to her because while I was sitting there going "WHAT SHOULD SHE DO?!" she goes "why doesn't she just tell him not now?" and I was like "oh... well... I suppose... *leaves phone hanging and bolts back to computer* wink

You should write more often, Laura. I think you're one of the best writers we have posting these days.
they need a flabbergasted smiley on here. Words can't tell you how much I appreciate that.

Anna-- Anna, so sorry you had a sucky day! But I'm glad I could make it a little bit better. smile I hope your car gets fixed soon!

Vonceil-- Any feedback is enough and more than expected! Thank you so much for your kind words. laugh

Thank you EVERYBODY. I really, really appreciate it.

Laura.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just adorable Laura, I hope you write more soon. The other Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Columnist
Columnist
I really liked it. It was the perfect amount of waff. I think I joined everyone else as a puddle of goo on the floor.

Looking forward to reading more from you in the future.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
“Lois… how… I know this whole thing was rather unorthodox, but could you please…” he was suddenly short of breath. “Please let me know how you feel about me.”

Clark’s words hung in the air as their gazes locked.

Overcome with a sudden fierce emotion, Lois threw her arms back around him. “Not just yet Clark… I can’t… We can’t lose this, don’t you see that? We could lose everything.”

Clark tightened his grip on her waist and closed his eyes in a mix of disappointment and understanding. Then, in a whisper so soft she barely heard it, he breathed in her ear.

“Just you wait, Lois. I think you’ll find that I am a very patient man.”

He released their lovers hug and kissed her forehead.

“Now we’re getting out of this place. The appetizers they call dinner in there couldn’t satisfy a tick. Pizza or Chinese and my place or yours?”

With that, he looped a friendly arm around her shoulder and gently guided her toward the exit, his heart still exposed and vulnerable in his chest, their friendship rocked but steady.
What a perfect ending! Loved it all!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
awwwwwww!! That was so cute and sweet! I enjoyed every second of it. smile

Just what I needed after an hour-long one-on-one with my boss. *shudder*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very cute!! I really enjoyed this fic. ^_^ I hope we get to see more small little stories like this from you in the future. thumbsup

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wow.

Great vignette, Laura! The whole thing was so very "in character" for both of them. I especially liked the ending where we
*fade back into season 2 continuity*
and go on from there. You put in just the right amount of tension and tenderness and introspection on Lois's part. This should have been the trailer to one of season 2's middle episodes.

My other favorite line is:
In the back of her mind she dimly recalled there being some purpose for dancing so close, but for the life of her she couldn’t remember what it was.
This was hysterically funny! But it was tender and touching at the same time. Drat! Why can't I write like that?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ee! More feedback!

Other Laura-- Hehe, it is kind of confusing, having us both here signing our posts with Laura. Unfortuantely your avatar defeats mine hands down... You are so very lucky. smile And I'm so glad you enjoyed the fic!

Symbolic Angel-- smile Thanks for the compliment. I hope you're a HAPPY pile of goo!

Angie-- Thanks! I'm glad you liked the ending. I probably struggled more with that than the whole rest of the story. To hear you enjoyed it is a load off of my mind.

Lara-- *Shudder* bosses are scary. Especially mine. Lol. I'm glad you got a break and that you chose to read this during it! Thanks so much for the compliments!

Jojo-- Thanks... you probably will. Lol, I tend to start long stories and then get halfway before hitting a dead end. Fortunately I've learned my lesson and I don't post until I'm sure I'm mostly done with the fic. But one shots, however, I do enjoy because I can write them when I get inspired and finish them in the same sitting.

Terry-- So glad you liked it. And I have no idea what you're talking about. You're fantastic at writing. I wish I could be <you!>

Thanks everyone again!

Blogger
Blogger
You know what? I'd actually figured out you went by a different name here after seeing one of your stories on the threads list. But silly me, I never said hi. blush

Again, I loved this story. Great work!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Laura! Sorry I'm late! I snuck in a read of this and I too loved it. It was snappy, witty and fun. A nice relaxing read and escape from the day.

(And I just love the ones that you can sneak into the flow of the series without really changing anything - eeeeee!)

Hope to see more of these from you. <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I would have bet $10 that I'd left FDK on this story three days ago, but it appears I would have lost that bet.

Laura, this is a great story. I love how Lois snaps into action without really thinking about it - so Lois - and I love how waffy and melty it gets at the end. Another star for Laura!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
Barbara-- Thanks. laugh It's fun seeing you around here. I can't wait for the next chapter of "For Love"

DJ-- I love stories that sneak in there too. laugh It's like watching a DVD cut scene or something. Thank you so much for the compliments. smile

Lisa-- Hehe. It's okay, feedback is feedback whenever. Plus, it's a double bonus because I get to view it now instead of days ago. My present me thanks you.

You guys are so nice. blush Thanks so much.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard