Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43074 05/27/07 05:24 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Yea, another part.

Okay, Superman's missing, Clark wasn't all that hurt but Lois realizes he's awfully frail looking and she's blaming herself for everything. Oh yeah, and she thinks Clark has no secrets. Do I smell Lois coming after Clark with an ax when she figures it out?

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#43075 05/27/07 05:55 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice.

she had never seen him like this. He looked so... frail.
I like that Clark is looking poorly. Superman missing and they have the Kryptonite cage.

Hopefully Clark's powers won't return for a few days, perhaps being chopped open and locked away under fluorescent lights will slow it down a bit longer.

A doped up hurting Clark Kent is in no position to lie to Lois in attempt to restore the friendship.

Plus after a few days without any Superman sightings Superman is going to need to stay hidden for some time after Clark is clearly up and around again if Clark wants to keep the secret.

Framework4
#43076 05/27/07 06:10 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yeah, another chapter!!! laugh

“Perry! It’s Clark. I have to find Clark.” She started squirming in his arms to get free of his grasp.

“Now hold on,” Perry instructed her, slowly releasing her but keeping one hand on her, “You looked like you were going to pass out on me. We’ll find Clark in a minute. You just need to...”

“No, Perry!” she wailed. “You don’t understand. Clark’s hurt. He’s been wounded somehow. We have to find him.” She took his hand in hers and pulled on him, urging him to come with her down the hallway. They were close to the elevator. She would get on the elevator and...

And do what? Go where? She didn’t even know where he was.

“Honey, what in Elvis’s name is going on?” Perry huffed, refusing to let himself be dragged with her. “How do you know Clark’s hurt? I haven’t even seen Clark in the last two days. What did you...”

Lois whirled on him, feeling too panicked and impatient to explain herself but understanding that she had to. “Because I heard it on the police radio. Henderson said Clark had been wounded and they were calling an ambulance. I have to find him!”
Now who, other than someone totally in love, would react like that? whinging

How could the sun be shining while Clark lay inside a cold exam room in pain?
AAWWWWW!! <snif> mecry

Henderson furrowed his eyebrows. “There was a very strange cage with metal bars in the middle of the room.”

“What was strange about it?” Lois asked, realizing that it was strange enough that Lex had a cage in a wine cellar to begin with...

“It was glowing. It had this strange greenish hue coming off of it. We’re not really sure what it was for. But we were more than a little alarmed to have found Superman’s uniform down there.”
Come on Lois-Put 2 and 2 togeather--you know about kryptonite--you named it.

Had anyone phoned his parents yet? Her heart sank with the thought. She needed to call them.
Good. The Kents are just what this story needs--along with a Lois that "knows" and isn't out for Clark's blood.

Great chapter!! MORE PLEASE grovel

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
#43077 05/27/07 06:14 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I have no time for FDK now - really sorry - but, YAY!! Great chapter. I just loved this:

Lois looked on in shock. Lex was dead and Clark was hurt?

Lois hurried out of the room into the hallway headed towards the elevators. Clark was hurt! She had to find him. How badly was he hurt? Henderson hadn't said, but if they were calling an ambulance that couldn't be good. She suddenly felt numb and everything seemed to tilt out of focus. Staggering forward, she reached out for the wall in front of her to steady herself.

Clark was hurt...
Fantastic! Lois finds out that Lex is dead and Clark is hurt. She couldn't care less that Lex, the man she was supposed to marry this very day, is dead... the only thing she can think about is that Clark is hurt! What a splendid way of showing us what really matters to Lois.

I hope I will be back, but anyway... great chapter, DJ!

Ann

#43078 05/27/07 07:29 AM
Columnist
Columnist
wow great story!!

I love how she cares that Clark is hurt, but doesn't really seem to care that Lex is dead!!
And that she went to the hospital without changing out of het wedding dress!! That just shows how worried she is! so sweet!!
Lois’s heart lurched in her chest. “No. No, he couldn’t kill Superman,” she stammered. “Superman’s invulnerable. There has to be some kind of logical explanation.”
What about Clark is Superman goofy I wonder if she is going to figure that out wink
Looking farward to the next part.

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#43079 05/27/07 07:32 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I'm so glad that you posted the second part already! It was definitely a pleasant surprise and I was more than happy to pass my time at work reading it. Oops? smile

I really like where this is going and I'm wondering if Lois is going to start putting things together with Clark and Superman. Kryptonite cage, Clark in the hospital, no Superman around town for the past (and next) few days... Hmm...

You portrayed Lois' emotions and fears so fabulously here! In her mind, Lex's death can't even compete with the fact that Clark is hurt; that shows so much about Lois' loyalty and her love for Clark. So wonderful! Can't wait for the next part!

#43080 05/27/07 07:46 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/head shaking

Superman's 'missing', Clark's hurt in the hospital...this is just a big RAFO! Excellent part. smile I do worry about Clark, though. Even if it's just a flesh wound (Monty Python flashbacks, anyone? <g>) he wasn't even a healthy, regular person when it happened.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#43081 05/27/07 09:00 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
But what if he wasn’t? What if she never again got to see that beautiful smile light up his face? She thought back to the night he had held her in his arms when Barbara Trevino had threatened to kill her. Would she ever feel his arms around her like that again? Her mind raced to the kiss they had shared in the honeymoon suite of the Lexor hotel. Would she ever have the opportunity to kiss him like that for real?
Awww... frown Find him Lois!

“I pity the person who gets in our way.”
Yes! Go Perry!

Ah... what a chapter. Poor Lois, I was racing along, speed reading, about as tense as Lois. I really wanted to find out about Clark! I <hope> this will knock some sense in her, but she's Lois Lane. Who knows? huh

Thanks for posting so fast!

Laura.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#43082 05/27/07 09:23 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
*sigh* I'm sorry I don't have time for really good FDK, but I loved this part. I too thought it was great how Lois couldn't care less about Luthor and was so worried about Clark she arrived at the emergency room in her wedding dress!

Now Clark just needs to be alright and Lois needs to figure it all out...

Yay for the wonderful part! clap

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
#43083 05/27/07 09:46 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Wonderful new chapter!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#43084 05/27/07 10:25 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I don't pretend to have any idea where this is going, but I like it. Let's not have the worry Lois is enduring over too soon...

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#43085 05/27/07 02:00 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Don't have a lot more time now, but I have to add a few things...

Lois felt a pair of arms grab hold of her and she turned dazedly to look into the eyes of her concerned editor. &#8220;Perry?&#8221;

&#8220;Lois, honey, are you all right?&#8221;

&#8220;Perry! It's Clark. I have to find Clark.&#8221; She started squirming in his arms to get free of his grasp.

&#8220;Now hold on,&#8221; Perry instructed her, slowly releasing her but keeping one hand on her, &#8220;You looked like you were going to pass out on me. We'll find Clark in a minute. You just need to...&#8221;

&#8220;No, Perry!&#8221; she wailed. &#8220;You don't understand. Clark's hurt. He's been wounded somehow. We have to find him.&#8221; She took his hand in hers and pulled on him, urging him to come with her down the hallway. They were close to the elevator. She would get on the elevator and...
There is something nightmarish about this. Like when another person can't understand what you are saying. You can't communicate. And you are desperate, because your best friend is hurt. And if you can't get to him, nothing matters.

They rode the elevator in silence. The ride was taking entirely too long for Lois. She glanced at the digital readout. It was going down in variables of ten and was currently displaying the fiftieth floor &#8211; she was over halfway there. Come on, come on, she thought furiously, move faster!
Take me to Clark! Take me to Clark!

She glanced down at her wedding dress and immediately felt tears trying to form but she held them back.
There is something about how the sight of her wedding dress makes her cry. So far her conscious mind hasn't told her that it was a crazy mistake to even consider marrying Lex, when the only person who matters to her is Clark. But her subconscious is strongly reminded of this when it sees her wedding dress, and it's her subconsciousness that puts tears in her eyes.

Lois hit the front doors at top speed and shoved through them, not caring that part of her wedding gown had gotten caught in the side of the door and ripped.
Of course she doesn't care about that - it was only the wedding dress that she wore for Lex. But what a powerful image the ripped wedding dress is.

&#8220;Come on, honey. I'll get you there. My car's parked just over there.&#8221; He gestured across the street. &#8220;I pity the person who gets in our way.&#8221;
Wow! Perry is so sweet and caring to Lois, and so ruthless to anyone who gets in their way!

Can you tell me where I can find a patient who was just brought in?&#8221;

The woman was typing on her computer and didn't look up or acknowledge Lois for a few seconds. Lois was about to get impatient when the woman finally looked up at her with tired eyes and simply said, &#8220;Name?&#8221;

It must have been a busy day. Lois finally realized that the waiting room area was overflowing with people. &#8220;Clark Kent.&#8221;
Lois didn't even see all the people in the waiting room. Wow.

Between her attire, her swollen eyelids and her tear-stained cheeks, she was sure she was quite a sight. But she wasn't leaving. Not until she got to see Clark and she knew that he was okay.
Yes, she must look funny - slightly crazy, even. But of course she isn't leaving. Her life is in that hospital, in that exam room.

They looked around for a place to sit but there simply wasn't any. Lois felt like her legs were going to give out and considered just sitting down on the floor, wedding dress and all. Instead she leaned against one wall and tipped her head back to rest against it, closing her eyes.
Oh, imagine having to sit on the floor or even leaning against the wall when you almost feel like fainting.

I think it was Mervoparkite who quoted this before. And it's amazingly good. Lois reacts as if the natural beauty of the world outside is an affront to the horror that has befallen Clark. As if all of nature should grieve for him.

A sob tried to rise in the back of her throat. This was her fault. Clark was here and was hurt because of her. She didn't know exactly what had happened, but if Luthor was dead and Clark was injured...
Interesting. she still doesn't know how it can be her fault that Clark is injured, but she doesn't doubt that it is her fault.

Why hadn't she listened to him? Why hadn't she believed him? If he died without ever knowing... thinking that she...

Tears began to slip past her closed eyelids and her breath caught as she tried to hold them back. She felt Perry's arm slide around her shoulders and he gave her a gentle squeeze.
*sniffle* I love this. Lois cares so much for Clark, and Perry cares so much for Lois.

It was her fault! All her fault. She had broke off the wedding with Lex and he had deduced that she was in love with Clark and he had... tried to kill him!
So that's how it was her fault!

Lois's heart lurched in her chest. &#8220;No. No, he couldn't kill Superman,&#8221; she stammered. &#8220;Superman's invulnerable. There has to be some kind of logical explanation.&#8221;
eek

She should have listened to him. He was lying in there in pain and Superman was missing and it was all because of her. &#8220;It's my fault,&#8221; she muttered softly.

Perry had been chatting with the two boys and he turned to look at her when he heard her voice. &#8220;What is?&#8221; he asked stiffly.

&#8220;Everything. If I had listened to Clark none of this would have ha...happened,&#8221; her voice broke and she cleared it. &#8220;If I had seen past Luthor's facade and seen who he really was...&#8221;

&#8220;Don't, Lois, don't do this...&#8221;

&#8220;No, Perry! It's the truth. How could I have let him deceive me like that? I pride myself on being able to read people...&#8221;

Perry wrapped one arm around her and gave her a soft squeeze. &#8220;He fooled us all, honey.&#8221;

&#8220;Not me,&#8221; Jack piped up. &#8220;I never trusted the guy.&#8221;

&#8220;Me either,&#8221; Jimmy quickly agreed.

Perry flashed them both a warning glance and their faces fell, looking chagrined.
I love this. So Lois, Perry, Jimmy and Jack.

Clark had been right. She had been about to get in bed with the devil. It scared her that she had known Lex so little. He had hidden so much from her.

Not like Clark. Lois knew Clark better than she probably knew any man; her father included.
In a way Lois knows Clark so well, but in another way she doesn't know him.

As her eyes adjusted to the light, she realized that he had some bruises on his right arm. The white light made his skin look pale and the sight of the purple flesh made her eyes tear again. &#8220;So sorry,&#8221; she murmured again. &#8220;You were right. You were so right and I was so wrong. When you wake up I'm going to tell you that. So you have to wake up, okay? You want to hear Lois Lane admit that she was wrong, don't you?&#8221; She laughed half-heartedly at her own joke but there was no response from Clark.
mecry

And Clark looks frail. Well, that's mostly from the Kryptonite, no doubt. Maybe I should be really worried about him, but so far I'm not.

But I love Lois's frantic worry about Clark. I love how she can't think of anything but Clark. I've said it before, but I could never understand how Lois could ever think it was a good idea to marry Lex. One explanation that has been offered by others is that she actually married Lex in order to stay friends with Clark. Yes, because she thought she would mess up that friendship if she got involved with Clark romantically. Maybe a marriage between them would end in catastrophe and she would lose not just Clark's love, but his friendship as well. That's why she couldn't ever get married to him. By marrying Lex, whose love really meant nothing to her, she hoped she could keep Clark's friendship.

I have always thought that this explanation is too crazy to be true. But the way you write Lois's desperation at the harm that has come to Clark, I can actually believe that this Lois married Lex at least partly as a means to secure her friendship with Clark.

Great chapter, DJ!

Ann

#43086 05/28/07 04:52 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! Hope you all are having nice weekends! Thanks for all this yummy fdk.

Hi Dandello! Well, Clark wasn't "critically/life-threateningly" hurt but I wouldn't flippantly dismiss what's happened to him either... poor guy...

Hmmm, you just never know about Lois. That's why she's such a fun character to write. Depending on her mood and how she reacts to a situation, she can very easily blow up at Clark over his secret, or sometimes she can be led into being a little more understanding... especially if circumstances are problematic. <shrug> We shall see. <g> Thanks so much for the fdk!

Hi Framework4! I'm glad you like that. Yes, just how long is Clark's powers going to stay missing??? And how is it going to affect him? I loved your line about "doped up hurting Clark Kent" -- LOL that was funny. Thanks for the fdk.

Hi mervoparkite! Thanks! Yes, she knows who she's in love with - even if her conscious mind had trouble reconciling it. Thanks for the fdk! I'll have another part up in a few days.

Hi Ann! Thank you (and I see you came back with more fdk later - yay) I'm so glad you enjoyed that chapter. Thanks.

Hi another folc - thanks! <g> Yes, I could just see her in such a tizzy to get to the hospital that she didn't even want to change clothes. She just had to get there. And yes, what about Clark/Superman??? Will she figure it out???

Hi ignoredsins! LOL at the passing time at work. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the compliment on the portraying of the emotions and fears - I'm glad it felt so believable. Thanks for the fdk.

LOL Jen! Yes, RAFO... I'm afraid a lot of this story is going to be like that. <g> At least, I hope it will... if I did it right. wink
Even if it's just a flesh wound (Monty Python flashbacks, anyone? <g>) he wasn't even a healthy, regular person when it happened.
I find it very interesting that you pointed this out. <g> Again, RAFO. laugh Thanks Jen!

Hi Laura S! I love that you were racing along in your reading like Lois was racing to find Clark. <g> You're welcome on the fast posting. It was all those great reviews I got. FDK feeds the beast you know. <g> I'm not sure when I'll be posting part 3 - Maybe Thursday or Friday?

Hi princessanna! Thanks for the fdk, even if you didn't have time to leave lengthy fdk (I know you said "good" fdk - but it's all "good" regardless of the length... I'm happy to have it. <g>)
Now Clark just needs to be alright and Lois needs to figure it all out...
Ahem... you do realize I said this story was going to be 20 - 25 parts, right? goofy

Hi Mellie! Thanks for the fdk. Glad you liked it.

Hi Nan! Eeee hee hee. I'm tickled that you don't know where we're going, and I'm so glad you like it. Thanks.

Hi Ann! Thanks for coming back!!! YES!!! That's exactly what I was going for on the communication thing. I've been in such a tizzy before that I try to communicate something and no one can understand me. laugh

Glad you enjoyed the symbolism in the ripped wedding dress. It will make another appearance in the next part.

Thanks for all the quoting at the hospital and for quoting the line about the sun shining and Clark inside in pain. That little line came to me a long time back (when I was first planning this story)and I jotted it down in note form until I could get it into the story. <g> I'm glad you liked it.

quote: Clark had been right. She had been about to get in bed with the devil. It scared her that she had known Lex so little. He had hidden so much from her.

Not like Clark. Lois knew Clark better than she probably knew any man; her father included.

In a way Lois knows Clark so well, but in another way she doesn't know him.
Yes, so so true. Little does she know both how much she knows about Clark and yet how little she knows about him. <g>

Yes, I meant for him to appear frail because of a combination of things (which are yet to be revealed) that includes long exposure to Kryptonite and being out of the sun for a while and being injured on top of everything...

I'm so glad you were able to believe in the way I had written Lois so as to understand her motivations (at least in my story). Yay! Thank you for that additional fdk Ann!!!

Thanks again everyone! Glad you're enjoying it!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#43087 05/28/07 06:00 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Wow! That's really all I can say. You've got me drawn into your story. It's so full of suspense and feeling and everything else a good story needs. I cannot wait to read part 3!

Really, I'm hooked!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#43088 05/28/07 07:14 AM
Columnist
Columnist
You've hooked me too.

I wonder if Jack knows what really happened to Superman? I always felt that he knew that Clark was Superman.

I can't wait for part 3! Wake up, Clark!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#43089 05/28/07 12:55 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I know this is silly, but what does RAFO mean? I've been around for years on the boards but I still haven't learned all the abbreviations!

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#43090 05/28/07 02:40 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Nan:
I know this is silly, but what does RAFO mean? I've been around for years on the boards but I still haven't learned all the abbreviations!

Nan
Read and find out.

I think I've learned too many of the abbreviations over the years. goofy

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#43091 05/29/07 09:29 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Bakasi! <blush> Awww, thank you! I'm so so glad that you're hooked. Thank you so much for the fdk! Yay!

Hi Symbolic! Oh good! I'm so glad I've hooked so many people with this story. <DJ does a happy dance> Hmm, I've always wondered about Jack too. There's more about him later. <g> But it's several parts away. Thanks for the fdk!

Hah, yes, Nan - RAFO means Read and find out. I had to ask about that one myself not too long back. smile

Oh good, apparently if I ever have a question about an abbreviation, I can just ask Jen. goofy

Thanks again everyone! So much! Maybe part 3 will be out Thursday or Friday. We'll see. <g>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#43092 06/04/07 03:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay part 2! smile This is what I love about catching up - I get more than one part right away. hehehe!

OMG! This is way, way too good!! I'm so loving this part! smile If I could actually move from where I'm sitting, I'd be on the edge of my seat (but that wouldn't be good for my back, so let's just say I'm on the edge of my seat in my head....)

Brilliant!!! I absolutely love this. smile Stroke of genius, right there.

Seriously... great part! smile I was so completely pulled in, I didn't even think of making silly comments. *happy sigh* I love that - being pulled into a story like that. Yay!

Off I go to read part 3. laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#43093 06/09/07 09:15 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh gosh, I'm so hooked. Now I have to find some time to get completely caught up. Ahhh! If I hurry now I might be able to squeeze in the next part. Yay!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard