Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Yay! Thank you SO much for posting a PG-13 version. I know the time and effort that must have gone into this to make it PG-13 instead of N. laugh

We who don't read Nfic highly appreciate this. Because this truely looks like a wonderful story. I'm already hooked! hyper

Lois swayed slightly on her feet, and, resting back against the solid expanse of his chest, wondered idly what other kinds of magic his hands could work. His breath hitched as she leaned against him and he marveled at the idea that something as simple as a neck rub could be the Man of Steel's final undoing. Unlike Kryptonite, there was no recovering from Lois Lane.

“I just might ask for more of this, you know,” she told him, semi-seriously.

“You can ask for anything you like, Lois,” he whispered in her ear.

Clark’s words and the tickling of his breath on her cheek caused a wave of pleasant dizziness to wash over her. Anything, he’d said. And it occurred to her that these weren’t the words of a friend. Friends did not promise each other anything. Not in a breathless whisper. Anything was something a man promised a woman. Could it be that, even though he’d taken it all back that morning in front of the Planet, could it be that he’d really had feelings for her all along? Her heart sang at the thought. Maybe they’d just both been waiting for the other one to make the first move? Well, there were ways of finding out how far Clark’s anything could stretch, she thought.
Now, sorry for the long quote, but I loved this whole bit. I could just see Clark massaging Lois' neck and her leaning back into his chest... *sigh*

More...now? Please? laugh

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Lara! <smoochies> So glad to see you posting this over on the PG side - after all - you do want a chance at a Kerth nom, don't you? <g>

Worse yet, he hadn’t been able to get himself out of Mayson’s invitation to spend the weekend up in the mountains with her. In fact, he fully expected she would show up in the newsroom to pick him up within the next few minutes.

Clark sighed dejectedly. To say that things weren’t working out well for him would have been a huge understatement. This was an absolute disaster. And it was all his own fault, too! If he’d been just a little more decisive, then the woman he was in love with wouldn’t be off on a romantic getaway with Ryan Something-Or-Other. And if he’d just been able to break it to her gently, then he wouldn’t be stuck having to spend a weekend with a woman who was clearly in love with him, but whom he really didn’t have the same sort of feelings for.

It was a wonder Clark Kent could pull off the Superman routine so well, he thought, seeing as though he felt so completely unable to stand up for himself when it came to his personal life.
Sorry that was a long quote, but I loved it. Clark can't figure out how to get out of his date (that he didn't really make) with Mayson. He's a little miffed that Lois is seeing that Ryan something-or-other...

And the fact that he's amazed he can pull off Superman when he can't even be assertive with Lois... LOL <snort> That's funny and sad all at the same time. smile

“A cottage? Sure, I’ll give you a hand,” he told her.

“You will?” She sounded so very surprised now that Clark couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Yeah,” he said in a soft, but convinced tone.

“Oh, Clark, thank you! You’re such a great friend to have around.”

He winced a little at the word… Friend. That wasn’t exactly what he wanted to be to her. Even a best friend status wasn’t nearly enough.
Awww, poor baby. Well I guess you'll just have to find a way to be more assertive. <g>

She had finally accepted the fact that she had feelings for him – she’d fought them long and hard enough to be able to recognize them for what they were. And now she was this close to losing him to the likes of Mayson Drake. Well, that was completely unacceptable! There was no way she was going to let anyone waltz in and steal him away without at least finding out if there was any chance that she, herself, might have a future with Clark. This weekend would be a perfect opportunity to figure things out. Just him and her, alone in the middle of nowhere, with no distractions. No running away to return a forgotten video, no missed appointments, no excuses.
Yes, no lame excuses.... err, we hope. I wouldn't be so sure Lois. And LOL at her jealousy over Mayson <sigh> if she only knew the truth...

She wondered how much work they’d actually have to do once they got there. Hopefully, not a lot. Half a hour of dusting and sweeping and - voilà! – the cottage would be ready to be sold. And then, they could spend the rest of the weekend… exchanging pleasantries
WOW! Lois is being really naive here... this cabin has been sitting empty for HOW LONG and she thinks a half hour of dusting will be sufficient to put it in a "sale" status? <smacks forehead>

“What would you do without me, huh?” he asked, with a teasing grin.

“Order pizza?” she answered, shrugging.
ROTFLOL - Awwww, poor Clark!

“C'mere,” he said softly as he moved behind her and raised his hands, kneading his fingertips gently into the sides of her neck.

His thumbs worked up to the sensitive spots right below her ears, then downward, lingering over every knot until it relaxed under his touch. He knew the exact amount of pressure to use as his fingers danced in slow circles, soothing her aching muscles. As if by magic, all of the tension began to drain from her body.
Mmmmm, I'm such a sucker for a neck rub. smile

“You can ask for anything you like, Lois,” he whispered in her ear.
<melts into a puddle of goo>

“Can I ask a favor?” she said, sweetly.

A million different answers came to his mind. Anything. Everything. There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for you. I would give you the world. But when he opened his mouth to speak, the only thing that came out was “Yeah,” in a ragged whisper.

“Would you drive the rest of the way?” she asked,
Not exactly what he'd been hoping for, I'm sure... <heh>

Nice start Lara!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile Thanks girls! Glad you're enjoying it.

after all - you do want a chance at a Kerth nom, don't you?
*lol* Well, considering the quality of the stories posted so far this year, let's say I won't be holding my breath for one.. but yeah, that's definitely an incentive for me to post this here. blush

BTW - I forgot to mention in my post, but a lot of that neck rub was in fact written by Jessi (Cape Fetish) and not myself. I was stuck one night and sent her my file, which came back with that awesome little bit of finger action on Lois's neck. *dreamy sigh* I'm glad you guys liked it too, I personally love it! And I'm sooooo glad that Jessi let me use that. (now if she could only write some of that for her stories... *hint, hint*)

Part 2 is coming up in a few minutes. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Columnist
Columnist
Thank you for posting a PG-13 version of the story!! Wel, wow is the first thing that comes to my mind! I loved this part!

“No, wait. Lois? I did have plans, but… Honestly? I’ve been looking for a reason to cancel them all day,” he explained, looking towards the elevator to make sure Mayson hadn’t just walked into the newsroom. Clark was very much relieved to see that she had not.
Poor Mayson, it's really a good thing she did not just walk in!! But yay for Lois!!

Clark’s words and the tickling of his breath on her cheek caused a wave of pleasant dizziness to wash over her. Anything, he’d said. And it occurred to her that these weren’t the words of a friend. Friends did not promise each other anything. Not in a breathless whisper. Anything was something a man promised a woman. Could it be that, even though he’d taken it all back that morning in front of the Planet, could it be that he’d really had feelings for her all along? Her heart sang at the thought. Maybe they’d just both been waiting for the other one to make the first move? Well, there were ways of finding out how far Clark’s anything could stretch, she thought
aaaw, so sweet!! But I think Clark wasn't really thinking as a friend either wink I'm of to read the second part!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard