Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Kerth
Kerth
Right now, I don't know whose cliffhangers are worse: Yours - or bakasi's. But the rest - well, I enjoyed it thoroughly. Great story. clap clap clap

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sue, Sue, Sue....

<sigh>

Do you know how much I loved this part? Hmmmm?

"Clark," she muttered to herself in disgust.
I know I've already told you this, but this line cracked me up! I could totally see it and hear it. I could see the disgusted curl of her lips as she muttered his name, somewhat reminiscent of Seinfeld muttering "Newman" when he would see him. LOL!!!

"I didn't expect to see you out here," Clark told her. That, he consoled himself, was the absolute truth. She had been asleep in the bathtub when he left their room.
LOL! He didn't expect to see "her" there? Well at least he knew she was in Vegas! Imagine what she thinks about seeing you here, buddy boy. Hah!

I love how uncomfortable he gets talking to Lois and says "I, uh, gotta go now, excuse me." <heh>

"Nice, Clark. It's our honeymoon and you're already cheating on me."

"Cheating on you?" he repeated in disbelief.

"Absolutely! What were you really doing down here? Were you following Mickey? What happened to partners? What happened to sharing the story?"
I know it's been mentioned, but Lois's definition of "cheating" is too funny.

I really enjoy the way you write Mickey and Tony and the other goons. I can totally see and hear them in my mind with their gangster Brooklyn accents and slimy innuendos.

Oh, and Clark... mmmm.... Clark.... more of Possessive!Clark. Love it.

And the whole truck ride was so nice - her cuddled up next to him...

The truck made a sharp, long turn, sending Lois sliding against him.
Heh - that was what my hubby calls a COD corner - Come over Darlin' <snort>

She shivered closer to him and her next words were muffled as she spoke into his shoulder. "It's ironic, isn't it? We're going to freeze to death in the desert."

"We're in a truck, not the desert."

"Don't ruin it with details, Clark." Her arms slipped around his waist and she laid her cheek against his chest. "Just keep me warm."
I loved that bit of banter. Completely cracked me up. And then the snuggling... awwww...

"Are you scared?" she asked quietly.

"No." His hand squeezed her elbow gently. "I have you to protect me, why would I be scared?"

Lois smiled and let out a soft sigh that was almost a laugh. "Thanks, Clark."
Awwww, how chivalrous of him. <g>

"Lois," he finally said softly, "I lied to you earlier."
I love this whole conversation - him admitting that he would have liked to ravish her in those pajamas and then telling her she could ask him anything and he would tell her the truth. Darn it, she was getting so close - it was just within her grasp - and then they got interrupted. Ugh.

"Let's go, buddy boy." Tony pushed Clark's shoulder, causing him to stumble forward. There was a sharp kick to the back of his knees and Clark went down hard, reeling more from the shock that it actually hurt than from the pain itself. Then Tony landed a kick to his ribs and Clark choked on the dusty air and the pain that was radiating through him.

Bewildered, Clark tried to stand up only to be kicked again under his chin. There was salty, metallic taste in his mouth. Blood. It was his own blood. His ears were ringing but he could still hear Lois shrieking, "Stop!"
Eeeeeeeeeeek! Ack! Poor Clark! <hugs>

Clark staggered to his feet, leaning back against the tailgate of the truck as he tried to catch his breath. "You'll touch her over my dead body," he managed to wheeze.
Awwwww... there's more of the possessive Clark I know and love -- but those weren't perhaps the best choice of words...

Mmmm, Sue - you know how I love this story. And the next part? Frighteningly delicious. Power-packed with emotion... <sigh> But you left me with such a horrible cliffhanger... yes, I know everyone's complaining that this part had a cliffhanger, but they haven't read the next part yet. Come on!!! Where's part 5? Hmmm? <g>

C-ya!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ack!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
right! ive been reading these from where i left off with my last comment and some are saying that its another colour of krytptonite and sue sais quite plainly 'there is no "krptonite". not the " " marks, nt the green stuff! now as some people are saying reds ans golds im going to show you that sue said there is no kryptonite! notice the "" marks. <sighs> sorry if im wrong sue but its annoying me that you said no kryptonite and everyone is saying kryptonite just different colours. and friday?!? oh nooo im going away monday. ill have to wait 2 weeks to read the rest! mecry this is going to be the longest two weeks of my life!!!

Kerth
Kerth
One person has come very close to guessing what's happened (but I refuse to say who it is). Yvonne summed it up nicely (and practically quoted a later part in the story) - he was absolutely fine and super inside the truck, it was only when he went outside that things went south for him. But it's not virtual reality. wink

Sammie is right, too. It's not another color of Kryptonite either.

I'm still tweaking some sections of four, but I promise I'll post before I leave this weekend.

Thanks guys! I'm glad I've got you thinking.

ETA: Early on, I was betting Lois put Clark in the hospital after she found out CK=S. Now that completely cracked me up. The bonus is that now he's vulnerable, she could totally beat him up. <g>

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Kerth
Kerth
Gah - double post - please delete

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
OMG, I am clueless and dying for more. What is going on here?

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Okay, the only person who has suggested anything other than Kryptonite or virtual reality is Artemis, as far as I can see:

As for the dust, hmmm. Old abandoned mine shafts near Las Vegas. EUREKA Area 51!!! Uranium! Atomic explosions! Little gray men! Stargate SG-1!.
I'm sure Artemis gets this better than me, but I'm thinking about those tests of A-bombs that the American military performed in the fifties somewhere in the deserts of Nevada. And Nevada isn't that far from Las Vegas, is it? Is it? (Ehhh... was geography my best subject at school? razz )

Anyway, providing Clark and Lois really have been driven somewhere where there might be some radioactive stuff in the ground, maybe Clark would react to it? After all, Kryptonite is radioactive. Maybe radioactivity in general interferes with Clark's powers, not just Kryptonite? (Okay, in the comics he was never really vulnerable to any other radiation than the Kryptonite kind, but hey, LnC isn't the comics.)

If the radiation is harming Clark, then maybe the metal of the truck was enough to shield him from the (probably relatively low-level) radiation outside.

Heh. I just had another weird thought, totally off on a tangent... but aren't we close to Roswell, too, you know, the mother and shrine of all UFO sightings? (Wouldn't bet on it, of course... frown for all I know Roswell may be in...um...Ohio?) Ah, but... just supposing that we are not too far away from it.... Wouldn't it be cool if those UFOs were slightly involved, too? Ah well, I'm just letting my keyboard do my chaotic mental blathering....

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Roswell's in New Mexico. And Nevada is the state that Las Vegas is in. laugh

I don't know how I know this, since I never took geography and I live in New Zealand. I think it's from watching too many American TV shows. That, and I'm currently planning a trip to the States... smile

Anyway, providing Clark and Lois really have been driven somewhere where there might be some radioactive stuff in the ground, maybe Clark would react to it? After all, Kryptonite is radioactive. Maybe radioactivity in general interferes with Clark's powers, not just Kryptonite? (Okay, in the comics he was never really vulnerable to any other radiation than the Kryptonite kind, but hey, LnC isn't the comics.)
But in L&C, doesn't he go into a nuclear reactor to cleanse himself of Kryptonite poisoning? Or something? Or am I imagining this completely? But anyway...wouldn't that be chocka-block full of radiation?

I'm confuzzled...

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
peep

Yes, it probably is...

<Bad, DJ, bad -- slap!>

Mmmmmm, drool, wait till you get to this one part in part 4... it's so deliciously written. It's heartrending - chock full of emotion - you just want to... And then there's that other thing, you just feel so...

Well anyway... hopefully part 4 is coming soon - for all of us <glares at Sue... where's my beta version?>

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Or maybe this particular part of the world is simply Superman's personal Bermuda Triangle? Where ships sink in the sand and the powers of Farmboys just go kaput?

Don't look now, but I think I can see the prow of the Flying Dutchman peeking out of the sand...

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
Mmmmmm, drool, wait till you get to this one part in part 4... it's so deliciously written. It's heartrending - chock full of emotion - you just want to... And then there's that other thing, you just feel so...
aaah you're making me so curious!!! ... but I guesse that was your point, right?? goofy goofy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Blogger
Blogger
You know, I always stick to completed or 1/1 posts. And then I started this, because I saw it was only 6 parts. 6 angsty, incomplete parts.

Truly a very good balance between a and b plots, and I love it when he lets her figure out the big mystery herself. These clues in the truck should spark that, but, now he's gone and been kryptonized.

So I guess I'll have to come back in a few weeks and finish the story. Twist my arm.

(*)>

Betsy Rogers
birdies95@att.net
birdies95@hotmail.com

tweet tweet (they've killed my birdies emoticons sob)
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I told myself I was just going to take a quick look, not do anything much. I told myself I didn't have time to leave fdbk.

Then I read this:
Was he ever going to eat that candy bar that had been sitting on his desk for at least the last three weeks?
Hah! That's a hoot of a question!

Oh, and while I'm at it, this confused me:
"What's it to you?" Lois asked defiantly and tried to move away from Mickey only to be stopped short when he grabbed her wrist so tightly that she flinched. Fear made her suddenly lethargic and she could scarcely move.

"Do? I'll do whatever the hell I want," Mickey sneered at her.
Why is he asking, "Do?" since he's not repeating anyone? Hmm...

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
he was absolutely fine and super inside the truck, it was only when he went outside that things went south for him
AHA! Yet the truck wasn't lead lined because he could see clearly through the walls. However, a refrigerated truck has an aluminum inside. How does that help clap
peep So Sue, be careful if men in dark black suits, narrow black ties and sun glasses show up at your door! (Although if it's Will Smith, you might let him in.)
Ann's post reminded me of another factor. There are about as many UFO sightings around Area 51 as Roswell, NM. There's 774 miles between Las Vegas and Roswell.
cool
Artemis
P.S. is Superman affected by naqueda? (Another Stargate SG-1 reference)

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Kerth
Kerth
Jackie! Good to see you, girl! I hope your moving is going well. <hugs>
Anyway, providing Clark and Lois really have been driven somewhere where there might be some radioactive stuff in the ground, maybe Clark would react to it? After all, Kryptonite is radioactive.
As I understand it, Kryptonite is only radioactive to Clark. And, if it was radioactivity causing his problems, wouldn't Lois' insides slowly be cooking right along with his? Then again, you still don't know why they're in the hospital... wink It seems to me that long-term radiation exposure would be a hard one to come back from. Assuming, of course, that they're still alive at the end of the story.
That, and I'm currently planning a trip to the States...
Oooo, Anna! wave If you're going to be anywhere near Las Vegas, let me know.
Is it wrong for me to be enjoying everyone's confusion this much?
Only if you know what actually happened. Oh wait, you do! lol Enjoy it.
Or maybe this particular part of the world is simply Superman's personal Bermuda Triangle? Where ships sink in the sand and the powers of Farmboys just go kaput?
I don't know why, but that just cracks me up. Probably because it does (kinda) have something (sorta) to do with where they are. But it has nothing to do with Nellis AFB or Area 51 (even though X-Files was my first fanfic love - there's no government conspiracy at work). Sorry, Artemis. :p I've never watched Stargate so any similarities are just coincidence.
So I guess I'll have to come back in a few weeks and finish the story. Twist my arm.
If that's what it takes, Betsy. If that's what it takes. Consider your arm twisted.

Thanks to Elisabeth for catching my mistake. I fixed it. Originally Lois said something else and I just had a brain fart and didn't think about Mickey's reply. blush

There's a lot of "action" in part four and I find that the hardest thing to write. I have to go over it again and again to make sure that everyone knows what everyone is doing. I can see it in my head perfectly but it's hard to explain. Someday I'm going to post a story where the action is described just like I write it the first time around: Lois ducks, Clark jumps, yelling... It would be a post-modern masterpiece of brevity.

Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've never watched Stargate so any similarities are just coincidence.
Oh Sue, you're missing out! Actually I just threw that idea out there because I have no clue what is really affecting him. Naqueda is an energy power souce based on Gau'uld technology.
Post the next part soonest!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Only if you know what actually happened. Oh wait, you do! [Lol] Enjoy it.
Hmmm, why yes, I do, don't I? And you know, just to even the playing field... <eg> I can be bribed too.

Heh.

There's a lot of "action" in part four and I find that the hardest thing to write. I have to go over it again and again to make sure that everyone knows what everyone is doing. I can see it in my head perfectly but it's hard to explain. Someday I'm going to post a story where the action is described just like I write it the first time around: Lois ducks, Clark jumps, yelling... It would be a post-modern masterpiece of brevity.
LOL!!! Oh, Sue. You know, I've seen some "rough" snippets before, and they do sound kind of like that <snort> But they never stay that way long. Trust me, the action in this next part will have you gripping your seat and looking between your fingers. <g>

-- DJ

Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay so I figured I should do this before you post the next part. smile

It was possible that they had been posing as a married couple, wasn't it? Except Martha was adamant that the hospital said it was Clark who had told them that Lois was his wife.
Then that means that Clark was at least awake when he first got there… I wonder of this whole hospital thing is going to be as bad as our minds are making it out to be? At least that is what I am telling myself while I wait in torture to find out what really happened.

"Oh." Clark looked at the crowd behind her. There wasn't much more he could do to help and he was itching to get away before she thought too much about what an amazing coincidence this was. "I, uh, I really need to go now. Excuse me."
You know as eloquent and thoughtful as he is sometimes as Superman… it’s no wonder she fell in love with him. LOL What a dork.

He was lying. Lois knew he was lying. He wouldn't look her in the eye - that couldn't be a good sign.
Funny how he can lie to her about some things but in other aspects he fails for miserably.

"I did. I heard it and I saw it." It was the truth and he was suddenly weary of all the lies. He should tell her, it would almost be worth it to see her speechless and surprised.
We need more revelation scenes likes this. Where she is being snarky and full of attitude and he just shuts her up with the revelation. Of course… those aren’t as fun as the steamy revelation fics. Although you could combine it and has an Angry Clark/steamy scene. Hmmm…

She giggled against his chest and the vibrations of her laughter reverberated through his entire body as if he were a tuning fork that had just found its perfect pitch.
Haha Great line. ^_^

"I implied that you weren't attractive in those pajamas."
Aha! I knew you were… we all did. Well all of us except for Lois.

Was he ever going to eat that candy bar that had been sitting on his desk for at least the last three weeks?
HAHAHA! *wipes away a tear from her eye* Sue, I love your Lois. Everyone writes the characters a bit different but your Lois... she never ceases to make me giggle. Maybe because I would think the same thing. *hates it when someone has candy at their desk and they don’t eat it or share it*

A small cloud of dust went up and Clark sneezed.
Everyone thinks it is the dust… but I think maybe he just sneezed because of whatever it is that is affecting him… I still have to wonder if this whole thing is what puts them in the hospital though.

"Wait," Mickey said. "Let's find out what they know first. Then you can show Lois how a funeral is cheaper than a divorce."
I’m glad you are going to be posting soon. smile I can’t wait to see more of this one. ^_^

DJ: So what could I bribe you with... cause if I can come up with it... I'm so doing it. LOL

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL What a dork.
LOLS! Oh Jojo, that totally made me snort! Hah!

-- DJ

P.S. - We'll uh talk later about that um little proposition and uh see what we can come up with... goofy

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard