Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thou art vicious!

There's kryptonite in the dust? Clark's really getting beaten? jawdrop

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
dandello might be right? is that what it is? oh poor clark! what are they going to do to him. whinging notworthy hey loving the soty so far? got any idea when the next one might be put on?

Columnist
Columnist
I was just on the board when I saw you posted the third part, YAY!!

I'm so loving this story! The beginning is just great it's makes me so anxious to know what happened to them.

"I know her. She's with the press," Clark affirmed. Inside he was panicking. How in the heck was he ever going to explain this one?
Loved this part. Lois just kept in talking and didn''t even see Clark was panicking.

She went around him and marched back into the hotel with as much dignity as a woman in her pajamas could muster.
You gotta hand it to her wink

"Do? I'll do whatever the hell I want," Mickey sneered at her.
Looks likes Mickey isn't all that nice anymore!

"Fiesty," Tony said with a laugh. "I never liked that in a woman."
but I'm really glad Lois does have that!!

I olso just loved the scene in the truck. It was so sweet!

Bewildered, Clark tried to stand up only to be kicked again under his chin. There was salty, metallic taste in his mouth. Blood. It was his own blood.
blood?? how can Clark be bleeding?? Is there no really kryptonite around??

Another great part, can't wait for the next one!!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Was he ever going to eat that candy bar that had been sitting on his desk for at least the last three weeks?
thumbsup
Yep, must be Kryptonite in the dust. Oh, they are in trouble!
Great story. More soon. It hasn't been a good day for me. This helped cheer me up, strangely enough.
cool
Artemis hail

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Bewildered, Clark tried to stand up only to be kicked again under his chin. There was salty, metallic taste in his mouth. Blood. It was his own blood. His ears were ringing but he could still hear Lois shrieking, "Stop!"
Tsk, Clark. Never misplace yor powers without even noticing where you lost them. Didn't you Mom and Pop teach you better than that?

Of course, Lois did her part of losing things too, such as (momentarily at least) her memory of being married:

Her mind returned to the most astonishing of those facts. She was married to Clark. For real. Well, sort of for real.
Ah, the young'uns, the things they forget....

The clock on the bedside table read 2:49.
Well, my alarm clock woke me up around 2:49 a.m. this morning - actually, it was more like 2:40 a.m. It will go off at the same time tomorrow morning (or night, if you want to call it that). Ain't life beautiful?

"Clark," she muttered to herself in disgust. It was now obvious where he had gone in such a hurry.
She's figured it out!!!! eek

Well, this was one Superman exclusive he was going to have to share with her.
Or not. :rolleyes:

"It's a long story," she said. "Actually, I'm looking for Clark. Have you seen him?"

"Um," Clark looked over at the crowd that Lois had just come from while he tried to buy himself time to think. "Clark?"

"I know. You're wondering what we're doing in Vegas." Lois appeared not to notice his discomfort.
Hmmmm. You score points for having a remarkably dense brain structure here, Lois. Makes thinking difficult.

"We're following a gangster, Mickey Raddatz - do you remember him? Well, that's why we're here. Not that we could tell him that earlier today when he saw us. We actually told him we were eloping." She rolled her eyes and told herself to just shut up now. "Only we sort of ended up, well, you can ask Clark about it the next time you see him. Do you think you'll still be in the neighborhood around nine this morning?"
Don't you just love explaining things to the masculine demigod that you idolize, when the things you have to tell him make you look like such a together sort of person?

Lois self-consciously crossed her arms over her chest. "I know. I'm in my pajamas. I kind of left the room in a hurry."
There is something about Lois's thought processes. They cascade in all directions at pretty nearly the speed of light, like the amazing quantum dross and cinders that scatter all over the place when you make electrons collide head on at 99 per cent of the speed of light in particle accelerators like CERN. Maybe the problem for Lois isn't that she is too dense, but rather that her thought processes move so close to the speed of light that she can't keep up with them.

"Heard something? From twelve stories up you heard that crash?"

His gaze skittered away from hers and he shrugged. Lois narrowed her eyes at him as she took in his appearance. "And so you got dressed - including your tie - you were in such a hurry, and you rushed down here?"

Clark winced but doggedly stuck to his story. "Yeah."
Oh, wow. Does the poor boy look guilty!

He was lying. Lois knew he was lying. He wouldn't look her in the eye - that couldn't be a good sign.
Oh, Lois, you power of deduction! I'm... impressed. *cough*

"Nice, Clark. It's our honeymoon and you're already cheating on me."

"Cheating on you?" he repeated in disbelief.

"Absolutely! What were you really doing down here? Were you following Mickey? What happened to partners? What happened to sharing the story?"
I like that definition of cheating! laugh

"Lois, you had been locked in the bathroom for hours. I didn't think you were talking to me."

She crossed her arms, watching the fountains dance behind him as she considered her options. "I'm not," she finally said. "I'm not talking to you."

She went around him and marched back into the hotel with as much dignity as a woman in her pajamas could muster.
I can just see her!!! rotflol

"He knew we weren't in here. The room has been bugged."

"Then Mickey knows that we're on to him," he whispered back.
GAAAAAHHH!!!!!!

Tony is going to take your pretty little wife back in the room and violate her in ways that you don't really want to think about."

Tony's lips twitched in a smile and he winked at Lois.

Lois jerked her arm free of Tony's grasp. "That's nothing compared to what I'm going to do to Tony."

"Fiesty," Tony said with a laugh. "I never liked that in a woman."

"I've never been all that infatuated with thick-necked idiots, so I guess we're even," Lois shot back.
Got to love Lois!!!!

Lois wrinkled her nose as she climbed up the tailgate. She was grateful to be out of Tony's clutches but the storage area of the truck smelled faintly like sour milk. There were stacks of boxes labeled 'perishable' at the back of the space and the air was cold and humid. The truck dipped as Clark climbed inside and then the doors were slammed shut, leaving them in darkness. Lois swayed, feeling dizzy in the blackness as she heard the bolt thrown to lock the doors.
Sue, I'm a claustrophobiac. I don't like your penchant for locking Lois and Clark up in trucks and trunks! I'm going to have to read the rest of this chapter with my eyes closed!

"So." Lois cleared her throat, feeling almost desperate to break the monotony. "You never did say how you pictured your honeymoon."
You know what Lois and Clark's honeymoon was like in the comics, circa 1997? Lois and Clark went somewhere, which could have been Hawaii for all I know. They got about ten minutes to themselves, during which time they neither kissed nor took off their clothes. After that the A-plot started, and Lois and Clark were kidnapped and spent the rest of their honeymoon fighting villains. When they finally prevailed, they had barely time to grab their bags before they had to catch their plane back to Metropolis. When they came home, Lois disappeared, and Clark went to work at the Daily Planet alone, blithely uninterested in the whereabouts of Lois. There's something missing... wonder what it could be? Glasses - check! Powers - check! Ah, well, it's probably nothing important....

"Are you scared?" she asked quietly.

"No." His hand squeezed her elbow gently. "I have you to protect me, why would I be scared?"
Those words may turn out to be slightly truer than you exptected them to, Clark.

"I implied that you weren't attractive in those pajamas."

Lois fell silent. This wasn't the confession she was expecting. She thought he was going to tell her the truth about why he had left the hotel in the middle of the night. "You didn't say I was unattractive. You just said you didn't want to ravish me in those pajamas."

"That was a lie," he whispered.

"Oh." It was all she could say. As confessions went, that wasn't too bad. She allowed herself a small, pleased grin. "So what else have you lied about, Clark?"

She couldn't possibly know the truth. She had to be guessing. Even so, Clark barely managed to choke out, "What makes you think that I'm lying about something else?"

Lois sent a wry smile in the direction of his voice. She didn't have to see him to know he looked guilt-ridden right now. His voice was beyond contrite. "You sound guilty."

"I sound guilty?"

She gave a small laugh. "Clark, you almost always look guilty about something. I think you lie to me on a daily basis."
Hmmm. This is a very enjoyable conversation.

They jumped together from the back of the truck to the ground. A small cloud of dust went up and Clark sneezed.
So it was the dust. As in bite the. Clark, Clark, Clark. Didn't your Mom tell you not to play in dust and dirt where you may lose your powers?

Looking forward to the rest of the evil A-plot, Sue. And I'm interested in knowing if Clark and Lois are going to get an annulment, provided they both get out of this alive. (And, of course, if they don't get an annulment, I'm interested in knowing if they are going to consummate their marriage. Don't laugh. I've spent half a lifetime watching Lois and Clark not consummate their relationship. Just consider their comic book honeymoon, for example.)

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay... so a real FDk is going to be coming soon, but I'm stumped. In your first FDK thread you said it didn't have anythign to do with krytponite... so for the life of me I can't figure out how he is invulnerable.

Hmm... maybe it isn't this whole incident that gets them in the hospital?

wallbash

~Jojo, who is loving trying to figure this out.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Kerth
Kerth
Vicious? Really? laugh I kinda like the sound of that.

Sammie, I'm going to try and post part 4 before I leave town on Friday. No promises, though. I'm still futzing with where I break between 4 and 5.
blood?? how can Clark be bleeding?? Is there no really kryptonite around??
I knew I was going to get called on that. Like I said in part one - there is no "Kryptonite" involved. Note the quotes. It's not the green stuff.
Bait for Lois to come to his desk? Of all the trivial things to think to ask!
Thanks, Artemis! It was a throwaway line, I know, but it made me giggle. I'm glad you're on the same wavelength as me. I hope your day is going better now. <hugs>

Ann, you had me laughing all the way through your FDK. Yes, his parents did teach him not to leave his powers lying around. And Lois is being exceptionally dense, but why would she consider that other possibility? And what the heck are you getting up so early for?

You put a lot of "if's" in your question about whether they would annul the marriage or consummate it. Oh, how I would love to tease you some more about what's going to happen... But I won't. That would be giving too much away. Let's just say it won't be a comic book ending.
so for the life of me I can't figure out how he is invulnerable.
Maybe it's the overpowering stench of Tony's cologne? laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I knew I was going to get called on that. Like I said in part one - there is no "Kryptonite" involved. Note the quotes. It's not the green stuff.
It's a Kryptonian flu then - it sure does work fast - one sneeze and he's down for the count. eek

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
eek What's going on with Clark? I think I'm going to have to go with Dandello here and say a Kryptonian flu? It scattered on to the desert in Nevada when Clark's ship entered the earth's atmosphere...right? Right?

Eh, or I don't know... *shakes head* You confuse me, Sue. Which is probably a good thing. In a weird way.

Wonderful part. I too loved the scene in the truck. smile

And now, I apologise for the short FDK, but I must go to work! *sigh*

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Huh? What happened? It can't be kryptonite, because he didn't give any hint that he felt it before he was punched - in fact, he was looking through the back of the truck just moments before. The only answer I can come up with is that they're in some kind of virtual world, but even that doesn't seem too likely.

Whatever, I'm intrigued and the story-telling just goes from strength to strength, Sue. thumbsup

Yvonne

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ack that is just too nasty to do to us. Give us Superman back. How is he going to get out of this one now. He should have flown while he had the chance. Dumb Dumb Dumb Clark! Ok I am finished with my tirade, now come back and fix this. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
It's something with the dust. That much is likely clear. What is in the dust is still to be determined, and since it is not Kryptonite, the K-flu seems to be the best option left. Either that or Sue will introduce an entirely new substance which can rob Clark of his powers. Now what I'm wondering is, is he lying on the ground because he is weak from the kick Tony gave him, or is he there because of whatever is affecting him? What I mean is, does this unknown merely remove his powers, or does it also leave him feeling weak and sick like kryptonite does.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
"Tell him I'm with the press." Lois tilted her head to indicate the pushy officer. "Tell him that you know me."

"I know her. She's with the press," Clark affirmed.
Good boy, Clark! :p

Um, oh, um. Clark is being a fabulous conversationalist here smile - Seriously, it's cracking me up!

When the woman in the pj's is Lois, I imagine said woman can gather a heck of a lot of dignity.

"Are you scared?" she asked quietly.

"No." His hand squeezed her elbow gently. "I have you to protect me, why would I be scared?"
That is so sweet!

ACK! What a place to leave us. Come back soon!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not the green stuff? Then maybe it's just another color? Sure hope it's not the gold type - which would match the sand - because that would rob him of his powers permanently. mecry Could be the red sort because we never really know what that's going to do...?? (And yeah, I went and looked for info, because I really am that big of a geek...)

I loved this part. smile I wish Lois would open her eyes a little more and notice things. And I don't just mean the fact that Clark is Superman.... Sheesh! Come on, Lois - you're supposed to be a prize-winning investigative reporter. Ok, so sometimes you're also galactically stupid, but that's not an excuse!!!

Can't find a fav part to quote because, really, I would end up quoting most of the thing. No joke. smile

I laughed and I awww'ed and I really just absolutely loved this part!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Talk about your sketchy comments of the night!

What about Tony's hits? Even withe cyborgs from season one, I'm not sure I recall Superman bleeding... If there's no green stuff...I have to think about this, lol!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, so it is just not green K, it could be another color. Kryptonite is Kryptonite, woman, no matter the color. None of this It's not "Kryptonite".

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
It's not the green variety of Kryptonite, eh? Well, when I was a kid there used to be a gold-colored variety around, at least in the comic books. This wedding-ring-tinted substance robbed Supes of his his powers forever. Good thing Clark really prefers his Clark identity over his Man of Steel persona, isn't it?

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark reached out to pull Mickey's hand from Lois' wrist. "Take your hands off her."
*big grin* I love a macho Clark.

"Don't ruin it with details, Clark." Her arms slipped around his waist and she laid her cheek against his chest. "Just keep me warm."
*sighs and melts*

Hehe. I love that line. He's so cute, trying to lighten the situation.

"Lois," he finally said softly, "I lied to you earlier."

"Really? About what?" Lois leaned one shoulder against the side of the truck. She wanted to be close enough to the door to jump out when they opened. Clark's voice sounded strained and she wondered what compulsion had made him pick now for a deathbed confession.

"I implied that you weren't attractive in those pajamas."
lol! Awww. I love it.

"Wait," Mickey said. "Let's find out what they know first. Then you can show Lois how a funeral is cheaper than a divorce."
Ahh! What a cliffhanger!!! I loved this chapter. The banter between them was so sweet and it was action packed as well. I can't wait to see where you go with this. smile1

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
You know, as many times as Clark has gone from the frying pan to the fire (especially when he's with Lois) because he's waited to act, you'd think he'd figure out that WAITING IS A BAD THING!!!! DON'T WAIT, CLARK!!! DO SOMETHING NOW!!!!!!

Sorry. Just had to get that out of my system.

Anyway, since Jonathan and Martha are flying to meet them in the hospital and not to identify their bodies, one would expect that the day will be saved, even if it doesn't happen in the way we might expect. Go, Lois! Go, Clark! Go, both of you!

Do keep up the good work. This is very interesting. And Lois was about to receive THE answer, wasn't she? Won't she be put out when she finds out the truth?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
quote: Bait for Lois to come to his desk? Of all the trivial things to think to ask!

Thanks, Artemis! It was a throwaway line, I know, but it made me giggle. I'm glad you're on the same wavelength as me. I hope your day is going better now. <hugs>
Many thanks for the <hugs>. The day actually got worse, so it helped more.
As for the dust, hmmm. Old abandoned mine shafts near Las Vegas. EUREKA Area 51!!! Uranium! Atomic explosions! Little gray men! Stargate SG-1!. Oops, no forget that huh
But I do agree, kryptonite is kryptonite no matter the color or the effects. Atomic weight 126 IIRC.
I love the way you build the tension by starting each piece with Martha and Jonathan's bewilderment, which mirrors that of us, the readers.
Early on, I was betting Lois put Clark in the hospital after she found out CK=S.
Go girl!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard