Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42793 05/18/07 01:01 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
dance

OK, I know you said you'll be leaving cannon, but this part is fun. Will Lois "know" (or more appropriately Clark Know that Lois Knows) before he goes out as "Super Cop"?

I love the movie "Kissing" section of the story.
Clark broke the kiss, panting, “Lois”.

“Clark,” she replied with a teasing lilt in her voice.

“I think. . . I think we’ve definitively answered the question of whether there’s any chemistry between us!”

“Mmm. And I enjoyed the experiment very much too.”
rotflol Too Cute!

MORE Soon Please!!
Vonceil

[Just adding in part no. to header of post - LabRat]

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
#42794 05/18/07 07:26 PM
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
More! More!

#42795 05/18/07 08:10 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Killer, it's great to see a continuation of this!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#42796 05/19/07 12:52 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, this was great! Just great!

Ehhh... except maybe the rather horrifying A-plot. The idea that Clark was called away from Lois, only to have to fly back to Lois at superspeed to intercept a bullet aimed at her, only to fail to intercept a bullet aimed at Jimmy... well, that was just so horribly scary. But I trust this isn't a deathfic, so I'll come along for the ride!

I loved the Mayson Drake part:

“Wow, look at the time,” she said, glancing at her watch. “It's almost lunch. Want to grab something to eat with me?”

So, Lois was right. Well, of course she was. “Sure, Mayson. Let me just get Lois and we can go.”
Yes!!! That was the right answer, Clark! thumbsup

“Baby Rage's lawyer, Martin Snell, is going to make this as difficult as possible. If there's a technicality to be found, Snell will get him released. I have to make sure there is not room for mistakes.”

“Did you say Martin Snell?” Clark queried.

“You know of him?” Lois asked in surprise.

Clark glanced at her before answering, “. A certain... source of mine told me he's a lawyer for Intergang.”
And Martin Snell was the one who called away Clark from Lois and then made him fly back to her at superspeed to save her from a bullet! And he also told Clark that his organisation could kill Lois at any time! You know what, rkn? I hate him.

“Lois, I don't think that you should be alone tonight.”

“Clark, I'm a professional reporter. This isn't the first threat I've ever received.”

“Still, I'd feel a lot better if you stayed with me, or if I stayed over at your place until this blows over.”

Lois blushed, “Well, I think you're overreacting, but if you insist. . . I would feel safer knowing you were right there.” She seemed to get even more red.

Clark glanced around the newsroom to see if anyone was listening in. “Lois, I mean just stay over, just like we have done before. I am attracted to you, *very* attracted to you-“ could she get any redder? “but it's too soon.”
I love it! Completely love it! Particularly how Lois is blushing more and more.

“Right, you and Lana-“

“No, this has nothing to do with Lana. I just think we should take things slow. “

Lois looked down. “Yeah, I guess.”

“You don't agree?”

“I. . .I-“

Clark reached out and lifted her chin with his finger trying to see her eyes. “You think we should. . .should. . .”

“No, I just. . .”

“Lois, if we're going to have a relationship, we have to talk about this. Tell me what you're thinking, please.”
I love it! Completely, totally love it! Did they ever talk as openly as this in the show about the aspect of becoming intimate?

“Just, other guys I have dated, they would automatically assume. And I'm glad you didn't assume, but. . “

“But. . “

“But at least I knew they wanted me, desired me,” she finished in a rush blushing red again.
Ooohh!!! She does want them to take it a bit slow, at least, but she also wants to feel that he wants her. I adore it.

Clark blushed too. This was completely the wrong place to have this conversation.

“Lois, you are beautiful and desirable and if we weren't in the middle of the newsroom, I would give you a demonstration.”

Lois grabbed some paper off her desk and fanned herself, “Oh, my.”
He's blushing and she is fanning herself! I love it! I love it! I love it!

“But as far as the near future, while we're staying together, maybe we should be cautious.”

“How cautious? No handholding, no kissing?”

“I. . . I . . .” Clark ran his hand through his hair. He wanted to just tell Lois. . . what did he want to tell her? It *was* too soon for them to . . . wasn't it? Yes, his conscience assured him.
Hmmmm. I'm known for wanting Lois and Clark to get intimate very quickly. But even I agree that it wouldn't have been right if it had happened now, in this chapter. That really would have been too soon.

“Clark?”

“Lois, I don't want to go back. And I really don't want to just stay where we are either. Why don't we just say that we keep it at the pace we're going?”

“So, I can hold you hand while we watch movies?” she asked looking at him sweetly.

“Yes.”

“And I can lay my head on your shoulder?” She laid her hand over his.

“Yes”

“And we can kiss at the good parts?”

She was looking up at him with her puppy dog eyes and drawing circles on the back of his hand. Did she have any idea what she was doing to him? He slid his hand out from under hers and ran his finger under his collar that was suddenly too tight. “Yes.”
Adorable. Adorable. *happy sigh*

“ *Do* I *get* to pick the movie?” she persisted.

Clark shrugged. What was she up to? “That's fine with me.”

“Good.” She gave that playful little giggle that drove him crazy, and not in the insane kind of way.

“Why is that a good thing?”

“I'm going to the video store right now to figure out which movie has the most kiss worthy scenes in it!” She swung around and walked away from him with an exaggerated sway to her hips.

More than his collar was feeling tight. “Lois. . .” he groaned.
"More than his collar was feeling tight...aaaaawwwww!!!!

Clark knocked on the door of Lois apartment. “Come in, Clark,” Lois called.

Clark unlocked the door and let himself in. “Lois, what if that hadn't been me? You should look to see who is at your door.”

“Clark, if it wasn't you, they wouldn't have a key,” she said practically.
I don't know, Lois. What if Intergang have managed to make a copy of your key?

“So what video did you get for us to watch?”

“Well, I looked over the list of Top Ten Movies for 2005, but I decided against Brokeback Mountain and went with Pride and Prejudice.”
I don't know, Lois. Brokeback Mountain is a pretty good film. It's quite slow, of course. And they smoke so much in it that you want to cough just watching it.

Clark sputtered.
No, Clark. No need to splutter. Just cough.

Lois laughed at his response. “Really, there aren't too many romantic bits between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy, but maybe we could make those up ourselves?”
Good idea!!!

“That wasn't all I wanted, Clark. And after seeing you like that, hot milk did not do the trick.”

“Really?” Had Lois really l. . . liked him even then?

“That night my love for you as a friend and my old crush on you suddenly merged into something else. This.”

She set her lips against his and kissed him softly. Clark's hand caressed her cheek as he returned her kiss. Lois taking the initiative was making Clark want to gather her to him and never stop kissing her.
Aaaaaaaaawwwwwww!!!!

One night he came over here to work on a story with me and he decided to prove to me that I wanted him as much as he wanted me.”

Clark did not like the direction this story was going. “Prove it to you?”

“I think he thought that if he went far enough, I would change my mind.”

“Oh, Lois. What happened? Did he-“

“No, right when I started to get really scared that he wouldn't stop, the phone rang. It was you.”

“Me? When was this?”

“It was right before you went to New Guinea.”

“I remember now! I was so embarrassed. I thought I had interrupted-“

“You did! And I have never been so thankful for anything in all my life. Hearing your voice gave me the strength I needed to throw him out. You saved me. Thank you, Clark.”
I love it! And I love that Lois told Clark about it.

After Claude, I decided to learn Tae Kwon Do. You should come to a class with me.”

“Or you can show me sometime.” A flicker of desire swept through him at the thought of "wrestling' with Lois.
Hmmmm. If this had been the nfic folder - which it isn't, I know, I know, I know - I might have suggested to you that it would have been fun to see such a 'wrestling' match once.

Clark broke the kiss, panting, “Lois”.

“Clark,” she replied with a teasing lilt in her voice.

“I think. . . I think we've definitively answered the question of whether there's any chemistry between us!”

“Mmm. And I enjoyed the experiment very much too.”

He put an arm behind her legs and stood up, probably not a maneuver a man could accomplish without the benefit of superstrength and the ability to float, but she didn't seem to notice. He cradled her to his chest as he walked across the room to her bedroom door.
Adorable. But it was obvious that you weren't going to give us any bedroom action here.

“Clark?”

He sat her down, and placed a light kiss on her forehead. “Goodnight, Lois.” He released her and made a hasty getaway to the spare bedroom.
Of course!

It was a good thing he didn't need much sleep. What he really needed was a dip in the Arctic, but the whole point for him being at Lois' was to be there to keep her safe. And a cold shower might be a little too obvious. He hadn't felt like this since his teen years.
I completely love it. Usually it is Lois who is incredibly turned on but very scared at the same time. She is usually the one who is alternative forging ahead and backing down. I love seeing Clark so hot and bothered.

Why had waiting seemed like such a good idea, again? Lois certainly didn't seem to have any objections.
Ah, rkn. I have been a "Superman and Lois" fan since 1969. If you only knew how many times I have asked myself why Superman kept waiting and waiting, even though Lois never seemed to have any objections to moving ahead.

But his conscience would simply not allow him to take the next step until he got things out in the open with Lois starting with “I am Superman”. Liar, liar, liar echoed in his head. How could she possibly forgive him for the years of dishonesty?
Hmmm, Clark. Lois knows already. I'm sure looking forward to the scene where Clark is telling Lois about his double identity, and she'll tell him that she has known about it ever since she first saw him as Superman.

What a great beginning! You bet I'm looking forward to more.

Ann

#42797 05/19/07 07:39 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I'm so glad that you are continuing this! I loved this part and can't wait for more!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#42798 05/20/07 05:21 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Yay! Sequel! I know you said you planned to write a sequel to Smallville Style, but it's always nice to see it actually happen.

I'm really excited to see when and where you branch off from canon. And I do hope that Clark will work up the courage to tell Lois about his other life soon.

I think the shift in perspective is a good change. But now I know we'll all be whining because we won't know what Lois is thinking! Really, though, it is nice to get in Clark's head. Can't wait for the next installment!

#42799 05/21/07 07:28 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Love this! and I think you're doing a great job with Clark's POV. Looing forward to the next part!

Clark's Gal
#42800 09/15/07 12:20 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I just finished 'Smallville Style' so I had to read the next bit. I had trouble finding the first chapter of 'Love Survives'. I did a search and (three times) still was unsuccesfful so I had to estimate the date and seach page by page. I was so worried I wouldn't be able to find it!

Smallville Style was written mainly from Lois' POV and I'm trying to write this from Clark's.
Cool!

“Actually, I won't. Because A, I am a lawyer. And B, this is no joke. I'll even give you the name of the person who's going to die. I think you know her... Lois Lane?”
In 'Smallville Style' Ms. Cox at one point called Lois, Lois Lane. Mr. Snell did here too. I thought Lois considered herself Lois Lane-Kent professionally as well? Perhaps I missed something.

“Why, Superman, we just want you to be the best Superman you can be. Street crime? Wipe it out. Terrorists? Kick their butts. Carjackers? Hey, I drive a Ferrari. I’d be very happy for you to put a stop to such a heinous crime. But stay out of the Southside. No matter what happens, we see you there and the next bullet won’t be filled with paint.” Snell straightened his suit and walked away whistling.
I like how he presented his no decision offer, but man do I dislike Snell!

“I just keep thinking you’re going to see that she is everything I’m not and you’ll change you mind about us. After wanting this for so long, I guess I just can’t. . . *trust* that it is real.”

Clark sometimes forgot the damage Sam Lane’s irresponsible behavior had wreaked on Lois. “Lois, *you* are professional, successful, and smart, and you are the only woman I’m interested in. Okay?”
It's awesome that he's so understanding.

She nodded. Suddenly the look on her face changed. “Did you just call me honey?”

Clark felt a smirk twist his lips, “Did I?”
EEEK! Sweet but are they not afraid of the office finding out?

So, Lois was right. Well, of course she was. “Sure, Mayson. Let me just get Lois and we can go.”

“Um, Clark, I meant you and me.”

“Mayson, Lois and I are dating.”

“Oh.”

“You seem like a great person-“

“Don’t worry about it, Clark.”

“So, are we still going to lunch?”

“Why not? Hey, you don’t have a brother, do you?”

Clark laughed as he ushered Mayson out of the conference room. “Sorry, no.”

“Rats. Some girls have all the luck.”
I'm glad Clark made this an easy open and closed case.

“Lois, I don’t think that you should be alone tonight.”

“Clark, I'm a professional reporter. This isn't the first threat I've ever received.”

“Still, I’d feel a lot better if you stayed with me, or if I stayed over at your place until this blows over.”
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Ka-ching.

“Right, you and Lana-“
AHHHH! Lois give it up about Lana. YOU have Clark you lucky girl!

“And I can lay my head on your shoulder?” She laid her hand over his.

“Yes”

“And we can kiss at the good parts?”

She was looking up at him with her puppy dog eyes and drawing circles on the back of his hand. Did she have any idea what she was doing to him? He slid his hand out from under hers and ran his finger under his collar that was suddenly too tight. “Yes.”

She stood up suddenly and pulled the strap of her satchel of the back of her chair onto her shoulder. “Do I get to pick the movie?”

“What?” Clark was confused at the abrupt change in her behavior.

“ *Do* I *get* to pick the movie?” she persisted.

Clark shrugged. What was she up to? “That’s fine with me.”

“Good.” She gave that playful little giggle that drove him crazy, and not in the insane kind of way.

“Why is that a good thing?”

“I’m going to the video store right now to figure out which movie has the most kiss worthy scenes in it!” She swung around and walked away from him with an exaggerated sway to her hips.

More than his collar was feeling tight. “Lois. . .” he groaned.
Such a cute part!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard