A request was made for an epilogue, so here it is.

Epilogue

Clark Jerome Kent the third, AKA Mok-El, stood at his grandparent’s grave in Smallville Cemetery. He read the headstone again. Clark Jerome Kent, Beloved husband and father, Lois Joanne Lane-Kent, Beloved wife and mother. The one link to Superman was the glyph of the house of El inscribed in the granite. It was well known that Clark Kent senior was the Consul General for New Krypton after spending a year there with Superman. It was also well known that it had been Lois Lane that gave Kal-El the name of ‘Superman.’

The funeral for the elder Kents had been a quiet, family affair in Smallville. The memorial service in Metropolis for Superman had been more suited to a head of state. The fact that the other ‘supers’ were in attendance had turned it into a media circus. It was there that the new Superman had made his first appearance.

Clark ran his hand over the symbol of the house of El on his blue uniform shirt – Superman’s uniform, red cape and all. It felt strange to be wearing such an iconic uniform. “I miss you, Grandpa, Grandma. I’m wearing the Suit now, and everybody outside the family figures House of El sent one of the New Kryptonian grandkids as a replacement for you. But I wish you were here. I can’t believe you were my age when you first invented Superman. I just hope I’m up to the challenge. You left some pretty big boots to fill.”

There was a whoosh behind him, the distinctive sound of a Kryptonian coming in for a landing. He looked up to see his father, CJ coming toward him. “You’ll be fine son,” CJ, also known as Ultraman, told him. “But we have to get going. Volcanoes don’t wait for man or Superman.”

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm