Rac

T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Wow.

Definitely worth the wait.

Clark's attitude was a surprise to me. I understand why he'd hate Nor, I understand why he'd hate the fact that he'd actually taken a life - no matter the situation or the provocation - but for Clark to hate himself for not having killed Nor earlier in order to save lives was a stunner. Somebody has to convince him that he's not responsible for what Nor and Rae Et did. Another job for SuperTalan! She may be my favorite character among the pantheon of wonderful characters you've created for us.

I wonder, since Talan was the one who told them where to find Clark, if she will also understand just what he's feeling without having to talk to him about it. If so, how much more complicated will Clark's life - and Talan's life, too - become? Ah, here we are back to Talan being a possible personal complication for Clark to deal with. You're so good at twisting the knife.

Lois's reaction to Tom's gentle invitation wasn't all that surprising, however. She's still married to Clark in her mind and heart, even though she's begun to lose hope that he'll return. And her belief that she'd never be happy with another man if she did learn that Clark was dead is almost - not quite, but almost - in the realm of "methinks the lady doth protest too much." She's already done a lot of grieving for Clark, for herself, for the time Jon has missed from his father, for the time they could have spent together, and for what she no longer expects from the future. I think she'll have a harder time adjusting to Clark's return than Clark will.

Thank you for letting Enza wake up! Lok Sim's pain was almost too much to bear. And poor little Thia is just so cute, I wish she were close enough for me to hug.

Thanks for making the effort to get this up, Rac. It's definitely worth the wait. Just get Clark home soon! And do take Talan with you. I'd love to see sparks fly between her and Lois.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Rac,

Sorry I haven't been posting fdk lately, but I am still reading.

Your story was so intense and sad that I found it difficult to put my thoughts into words. Thank goodness the people on New Krypton are beginning to see a light at the end of a very long tunnel, even though that light seems just to be dawning.

Clark clearly has a long way to go to recover, and I'm not talking about his physical injuries. I was also very relieved to see Enza wake up.

But, please, Rac, get Clark back to Lois soon. I think she is now the only person who can put Clark back together again. New Krypton has left him with wounds which can probably never be healed, but at least with Lois and his family, he might be able to come to terms with the person he has become.

I hope that learning he has a son will help him to look to the future and not back to his dark past on New Krypton.

I look forward to the next part.
Yours Jenni

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
i know the doctor said it would have to be a month but he needs lois and his family. please find a way for him to get back soon.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This story is still very beautiful and totally captivating, but it is very dark and foreboding, too.

Clark has been very, very damaged. The fact that he thinks that he did not kill Nor soon enough means that his perspective and his outlook on life has changed so much that it will be difficult for him to be Superman again. I hope that, with Lois's help, he will be able to reconnect himself with the man that he used to be, even though he can never be that same man again.

It will undoubtedly be shocking and saddening for Lois to meet this new, changed Clark. But I still think that ultimately, her love for him survives. When all is said and done, it is going to be better for her to have him back than not to have him at all. They have a long journey ahead of them, but I do believe it will be a journey where love triumphs in the end.

I also want to see more of Enza, Lok Sim and Thia, because I have grown extremely fond of them.

Talan, too, is a very moving character. I wish her well, and I want to see what is going to happen to her after Clark is gone. Surely she is not going to accompany Clark to the Earth?

I'm very glad to see that you are back to writing your story, and I look forward to more of it.

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
To be honest, I was disappointed that we still have no Clark and Lois reunion. I'm hoping you won't send Talan to Earth - please, please don't turn this story into a soap op. smile Two women fighting over a guy always diminishes both women and you never believe in the end that the guy truly loves the woman he ends up with.

Okay, comments on other things:

A month before Clark can home? If he's well enough to leave hospital in a few days, then why couldn't he make the trip? Is the doctor up to something nefarious here? Hope Clark confronts him on this.

She was trapped in her own, existential limbo – unable to grieve, unable to make sense of her loss, because the very act of defining it would be a betrayal. It didn't matter if she spent the rest of her life waiting – she would keep waiting. Nothing would ever make her give up on the hope that he was coming back, no matter how long it took.
Lois's situation is so sad - I hope that Clark will not betray her.

But he knew, somewhere in the darkest part of who he was, that that wasn't the source of the hatred raging inside him. He wasn't angry about killing Nor.

He was angry because he hadn't killed him sooner.

Almost seven hundred people were dead because of the failed attempt to break Nor out of prison. Seven hundred people who would be alive if Clark had simply killed Nor when he had the chance, back when he'd first been captured. The blood of all those people, how could he not acknowledge that it was on his hands?
Now this is really interesting! Hope you pursue the implications of this thought - a more cynical and brutal Clark Kent when he returns home. And yet this is what often happens to people as a result of the their war experiences. How will Clark deal now with the sense that his idealism cost so many lives. really interesting.

So he remained silent, and allowed her to continue believing a more tolerable lie.
Serious stuff here. The things we hide, the things we shouldn't hide if we wish to be whole. Is this a foreshadowing of things to come with Lois I wonder.

c.

C
Blogger
Blogger
C
It seems like everyone is of the mind that Talan is some type of threat to Lois and Clark's relationship. I don't know if I'm mis-reading but I never got the impression whatsoever that Clark would even for one second consider anyone but Lois. And well clearly Talan has a huge thing for Clark, but she always seemed like she would never ever openly come out and do anything about it. Am I right?? Please tell me nothing will happen between them. I couldn't take it if Clark betrayed Lois like that! Just to be safe though I really hope she doesnt go on the journey back to Earth with Clark.

I feel so bad for Lois. She's starting to get to the point where she's giving up hope. And after four years I know I would be getting a little worried too. Who would have thought he'd be gone for that long? In some ways Lois kinda got a worse deal then Clark. She has to constantly wonder if he's dead or seriously hurt. And she has no idea at all when or if he's coming home. Atleast Clark has some idea how much longer he has to wait to see Lois. Sometimes the not knowing what has happened to someone is worse then anything! Love this story!

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I cried through your second story that was just posted to the archives. I was glad to see you are already working on this third one.
I was also glad to see that there is a longer archived story than mine! It is hard to find a good place to stop.
Please hurry with future installments. I can't wait for Lois & Clark to find each other aain so they can help each other heal.
Thank you for an awful (physical circumstances)but beautiful story.

thanks!

rkn
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
ClarkLovesLois wrote:
It seems like everyone is of the mind that Talan is some type of threat to Lois and Clark's relationship. I don't know if I'm mis-reading but I never got the impression whatsoever that Clark would even for one second consider anyone but Lois.
I can only speak for myself, so this is how I see it. It's not that I think Clark is likely to begin a relationship with Talan (or anyone else) deliberately, it's that he's so emotionally and physically and spiritually drained that it's barely possible that he and Talan might meet accidentally when both of them are at their lowest, most vulnerable point, and Talan might decide that she can give him at least a portion of the comfort he so desperately needs. Besides, Talan is in need of the same kinds of comfort, and the only person in her world at the moment who could possibly meet her high standards is Clark. If anything were to happen between them, I'm sure that Talan would be the one to instigate it.

I don't think that's going to happen, especially not now. Clark killed someone. It doesn't matter that he did so in defense of both himself and of the innocents he was charged with defending. He views himself as having violated his own personal moral code. And his anger (at both Nor and at himself) for not killing Nor sooner and saving all those people will also work against him. Talan is in the best position to understand what Clark is feeling, but she's also the one to whom he must not turn for comfort because of the feelings for Clark which she's been hiding.

I'm ready for Clark to leave. No fuss, no ceremony, no big send-off, no state dinner, just get on the ship and kick it in the afterburners and go home to Lois.

Who will have tons of issues of her own with Clark.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Rac - I am here and reading (I say that alot don't I?)

Great knuckle gripping end to the second series and I am looking forward to this 'home stretch'! One comment - can't they ship Clark off to super heal in Earth's yellow sun? Pretty please? This means a quicker reunion for them and us?!

Anyway - keep up the good work when you can, I'll be here.

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Blogger
Blogger
When can we expect the next part?

Note: I'm not trying to pressure you. Given your crazy hours and your amazing ability to accurately convey trials, I'm almost positive that we have the same job, which tells me that you have more than enough pressure to be going on with. Seriously, how you do your job, yet still have the time, motivation, or even the inclination to spend yet more time writing - well, it's beyond me.

But I'm glad you do. This is the story that finally convinced me to de-lurk, which I've been doing for well over a year (oops). Thank you for sharing your captivating imagination with the rest of us.

Simply

R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment. I know that there were some surprising turns here, so I'm glad no one's quite ready to burn me at the stake yet.

Terry, thanks for being such a great supporter all throughout the writing of these stories. You're absolutely right that Clark's thinking has taken some troubling turns. Who, if anyone, is going to be able to help him get past this?

Lois certainly has been in a tough spot for these last four years - Clark isn't dead (thank goodness), but she can't know that for sure. She can't mourn, grieve, or move on and so she's stuck in emotional limbo with open wounds that won't heal.

Hi, Jenni. Thanks for your comments. I'm trying to keep up with the writing despite my schedule. It's been tough recently, but I'm trying to wrap up the NK segment of this story.

Sammie, thanks for commenting. I know Clark needs to get home and I promise I'm working on it.

Thanks for the wonderful feedback, Ann. I know we're looking down some rather dark tunnels, I hope you'll find that the journey ahead is believable and worthwhile. Talan, a character I've grown very attached to as well, is again in a remarkably difficult spot, we'll have to wait and see how she manages her situation.

At least one little family has reason to be happy - Lok Sim, Enza, and Thia are finally catching a break. See, I'm not totally evil.

Thanks for commenting, Carol. I'll try to handle Clark's homecoming with the necessary and deserved dignity and grace, I promise. It'll come soon(ish - I know my posting schedule of late has left something to be desired).

CLL, I agree that Lois has it worse than Clark at this point - Clark can see the light at the end of the tunnel. He knows how long it's going to be before he gets home. Lois doesn't even know for sure that he's alive.

Rkn, thanks for commenting. I'm so glad that The Roads they Walked Alone had such a strong impact on you. And I'm choosing to take 'awful but beautiful' as a compliment wink

Thanks for your feedback, Liz. I'll post more as soon as I possibly can. I promise!

Maria, thanks so much for commenting. I've heard that things have been very difficult for you recently. I hope things are getting better and please know that you're in my thoughts. {{{Maria}}}.

Simply, it's very flattering to know that this story has pulled you out of lurkerdom. I am indeed a lawyer (and man, is it tough to try to write somewhat interesting courtroom scenes when you're trying to stick as closely to the rules of evidence as possible). It's tough to get motivated to write after a long day of work, which is my only excuse for the long delay, but I am trying, I promise.

Thanks so much for your comments, everyone. As I said above, I'm trying to get more done as quickly as possible. Thanks again for your patience!!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard