Print Thread
#42276 04/23/07 10:23 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
clap Nicely done.

When I think about this issue I always want to hand Clark a copy of Arthur C. Clarke's First law.

When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.

Framework4
#42277 04/23/07 10:42 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wonderful angst. It makes all of us (especially the females) want to hug Clark and give him emotional support.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#42278 04/23/07 03:10 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I've never liked the idea that Clark and Lois can't have children. frown First, I want them to have children. smile And second, if they can't, what about Utopia?

But, as Tank likes to point out, it certainly makes sense to think that Clark and Lois just can't have children together. And the spectre of infertility is very real to so many real-life couples.

Beautifully written, Henry. Clark's agony is so very moving here.

Ann

#42279 04/23/07 06:12 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Beautifully written. You capture what I think Clark would feel when told he couldn't have children with Lois. However, it is my believe that they will have their own children. Doctors have been wrong about these sort of things in the past. I know of 2 different couples that were each told that they couldn't have their own children but they did.

One couple was told the wife had problems and wouldn't be able to conceive. They adopted a child and within a couple of months she got pregnant. Some very insensitive people asked if they were going to keep the adopted child. They were appalled that anyone would think they wouldn't.

In the other case it was a fertility problem of the husbands. They at some point got pregnant anyway.

In both cases there was so much whispered questioning about whether or not the children conceived were the couples natural children that both couple wound up having DNA tests to shut everyone up. A couple of friendships didn't servive.

So in my LnC world Dr. Klein was wrong and nature does find a way to give them children naturally. smile

#42280 04/24/07 07:45 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aww, well done!! smile

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#42281 04/24/07 05:43 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Plus, in a world where you can take a strand of hair and a frog and come up with a clone, genetic engineering offers lots of possibilities. Nicely done!

#42282 04/25/07 07:52 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Well done, Henry! I really love this - it just pulls at my heart! goofy ). It's such a brief moment, but it always breaks my heart just to even wonder what he's thinking or how he could be feeling at that moment when everything's *supposed* to be normal.

Beautifully written! I don't have time to point out all my favorite lines, but the one that's stuck in my head, the one that really struck me, was the one about Lois always having been the stronger one. I love that. So very true.

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#42283 04/27/07 01:16 AM
H
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
H
you guys rock!!! thanx for all the positive feedback. I was in an angsty mood one morning and this is what happened lol.

henry

New Rule: Don't call me when you're stuck in traffic. It's not my fault radio sucks. And did it ever occur to you that there wouldn't be so much traffic if people like you put down the phone and concentrated on the road? Besides, I can't talk now--I'm in the car behind you, trying to watch a DVD.~Bill Maher
#42284 04/27/07 02:12 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Nice going. Short and to the point. Still, he ought to realize that without him, Lois wouldn't *want* children, so he's not being as selfish as he thinks.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard