Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#42171 05/03/07 07:28 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I knew there was a scene where Clark is hit by a car as he's crossing the street in one of the movies, but I couldn't remember which one. (I think I remember the hand print he left on the car - or was it a bus?) But really, in Superman II, there is nothing endearing about Clark Kent. It made perfect sense that that Clark would let himself be almost run over (and leave a hand print to prove his super strength and invulnerability) just to keep up his bumbling Clark persona. razz

But like you said, Hasini, in this story Clark's behaviour makes perfect sense, and it is caused by his love for Lois. sloppy

I, too, hope you will be back soon, Rachel!

Ann

P.S. Hasini, I hope we will be seeing more of your story, too!

#42172 05/10/07 02:54 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi Smirkey,
I haven't checked the post in a while, but stil want to see your story. Is Chapter 42 the latest one? Please post another soon.

doublel

#42173 05/17/07 03:47 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, I really hate to keep bugging you on this... but I did just wanna pop in to see if everything was okay. ^_^ sloppy

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#42174 05/22/07 07:53 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Hi, Smirky,
I've been lurking on the site for a while now. I wanted to wait until I'd read all of the parts that are posted.

I have to say, this is definitely *not* your average LnC fic. All in all, though, I like it. smile

I have a suggestion for you. If Clark, as Superman, decides (or is persuaded by Lois that) he needs to talk to someone about what happened during the time Bureau 39 had him, he could go talk to Henderson. Either him, or Perry, but I like the idea of Henderson better. wink

I'm also interested to see how Lois will handle his revelation speech when he tells her he's Superman/Kal-el.

I like the way you handled how she found out that he's Clark Kent/Superman/Kal-el. It was *really* good, and, as others here on the post pointed out, she didn't let her emotions get in the way. laugh

Thanks for the interesting *late* night reading, and keep the posts coming, please! smile1

hyper party

#42175 06/06/07 03:25 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, my previous post is only 3 post back. I thought for sure the story had long been finished, I haven't checked in a while. Smirkey, school's out now...do you think you'll post another chapter?

doublel

#42176 06/29/07 11:51 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
smile1

Hope all is well.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#42177 06/30/07 01:26 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Me too. Hope to hear from you soon, Smirky!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#42178 06/30/07 08:08 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Her last posts about anything here were on April 19, 2007.

I checked over on Fanfiction.net and her last story updates were to this same story, also April 19, 2007. In fact they were to this same story and the same part as published here.

Hopefully RL has simply messed up her time, or her internet connection.

TOC for Darkest Dreams by SmirkyRaven

Framework4
#42179 07/19/07 11:31 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
<tiptoes in, looks around furtively>

<speaks in a small, timid voice>

Hi.

<clears throat, looks around again. Speaks in a slightly louder voice, with a nervous smile>

Hi!

<waves>

Remember me?

Well, it's me. Smirky! Or maybe you've gone back to calling me Raven at this point, eh? I guess I have to apologize. I just got back from a trip and checked all of these sites and my email boxes and found out that people had not forgotten me--and were actually concerned about where I'd disappeared to. I'm very, very sorry that I kind of went AWOL without an explanation, and sorry for any worry I caused everyone! Golly, though, I do feel loved. I so glad you didn't forget about me!

Yes, I did get out of school near the end of June. No, I didn't mean to take this long to get back into writing this story. But the good news is that today I finally finished re-reading everything I have written and am well into the next chapter. Meaning, I hope to have this chapter out within the week. Hopefully, you all can forgive my absence, and (hopefully) my writing will be up to par despite the time that's passed.

Goodness, I've missed you guys.

Summers are always a bit more crazy for me (ironically) just because it seems I'm doing family stuff or working *all the time*, so give me a few days to figure out how my posting schedule is going to be. However, I am not planning on dropping off the planet for months again without a better reason/explanation.

Again, I'm really, really sorry! I hope you guys are still interested!

<tiptoes back out>

thumbsup

Smirky

#42180 07/19/07 12:22 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi! I'm glad all is well with you. I'm still very interested in reading Darkest Dreams. Glad to see that you're back! smile

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#42181 07/19/07 01:33 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wooo! I was just thinking about you and hoping you were doing okay. ^_^ I'm glad to see we have something to look forward to. laugh

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#42182 07/19/07 02:01 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
YAY! Glad to see you back. I'm looking forward to the next part of DD!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#42183 07/19/07 02:15 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Awright! The Smirkster is back! I missed this story. I like reading about a powerful, smart, independent Lois who can save the day with a high heel and still remain so very feminine. And I like your writing style, too. It's very immediate, and that helps to keep up the suspense.

I'm glad you're back. I was beginning to be concerned. But I understand how insane summers can be. I hope your life calms down for a while before it gets crazy again.

Looking forward to the next chapter! It's been far too long. I'm practically in Dark Dream withdrawal here!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#42184 07/19/07 02:32 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Smirky! Delighted to see you back with us, safe and sound. Have you let your friends at The Planet know you're back in circulation? I got a worried email from them just last week, anxious to know you were okay.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#42185 07/19/07 03:31 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
hyper hyper

Looking forward to an awesome chapter!

Pressure is ON!

hyper hyper

#42186 07/19/07 06:22 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
WOW! blush blush

You guys certainly know how to make me feel loved!

To tell you the truth, once I got home from my trip and checked into my email I was nearly bowled over by the massive amount of concerned emails both from here, ff.net, and the Planet. It was because of those that I decided to get my brain back into gear and moving. Thanks for all your support and all! I'm so glad you hadn't given up on me!

As for DD withdrawal, I think I can join the club. thumbsup laugh Hopefully there will soon be enough to satisfy both our urges. And now you have a couple days to re-read, review, etc. thumbsup

lol. You guys are the greatest. I hadn't realized how much I missed you all!

I'll be around!

Smirky

#42187 07/27/07 05:54 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Next chapter coming in the next half an hour or less. Thanks for your patience!

Smirky

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard