Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Oh, wow. I love how this story is progressing. That entire scene where Clark becomes Jake had me practically in hysterics. Not real hysterics because I was at work, but I had to work hard to suppress it. I just know that if *I* was hiding in that barn, I would have been caught for sure.
thumbsup

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
You, Sammy? I'd have been biting my knee to keep the laughter in!

Oh, my heavens. That was so darn funny! Nan, you NAILED it. I've done the hayseed thing myself, and it's funny how easy it is. Folks from the city really do seem to believe that if you choose to live in the country, you're just one step above drooling idiot.

Perry looked thoughtfully after Dr. Carlin as the door closed behind her. He might be mistaken, but he hadn't become editor of the Daily Planet because he could yodel and if she hadn't been handing him a load of bullsh ... uh, psychobabble, then he was Elvis's first cousin once removed. Well, the thought of Dr. Carlin being involved in the attempt on Lois's life wasn't a pleasant one but she seemed a little too interested in the whereabouts of Lois and Clark for Perry's peace of mind. After a long moment spent frowning at the closed door, he got to his feet. He'd been a pretty decent investigative reporter not all that long ago. It was time to put a little of his old knowledge to work. Maybe it was just his overactive imagination, but considering the apparent attempts on Lois's life, he wasn't willing to simply let it slide. Better to be sure. If his instinct was right, Arianna Carlin wouldn't be the first person to put money ahead of reputation and ethics, after all. If she had been planted here in the office to try to find out where Lois was hiding, he -- and Henderson -- needed to know it. Making up his mind, Perry went to the door and pushed it open.
I loved that Perry is the one catching onto Arianna Carlin. Yeah, Perry! dance

Thanks, Nan, for this! Nice to have a Nan fic to read today with my lunch.

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I, too, loved Clark pretending to be Jake! thumbsup

And I loved the incredibly comfortable, waffy feeling between Lois and Clark.

And I have just one more thing to add: Go, Perry!!! hyper hyper

Ann

Blogger
Blogger
Hayseed!Clark!
rotflol

I agree with mmouse. You absolutely NAILED the hack from Nowheresville. I cracked up. It's a good thing I waited until I got home from work to read this!

I just know that if *I* was hiding in that barn, I would have been caught for sure.
I'm sneaky enough that I wouldn't have been caught, but as soon as the reporter drove out of earshot, I'd have been rolling hysterically on the floor!

~C Noetal (who worries that it won't take that reporter long to deduce just "Jake" really is)

Kerth
Kerth
Good part... smile

Nice to see that Perry is suspcious of Ariana laugh

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Thanks for the feedback. The next part is taking longer than I expected -- I haven't had much time to do any writing that takes much thinking. The Interview with Superman had already been roughed out on my computer some time ago, and the original fic has been written and on my computer for ages -- it simply required a little editing. I'll try to get to Wedding Rearrangement as soon as I can if I can get some time to think this next week <g>

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I love how you give Perry reporter's intuition. Way to go, Chief!

I also like the idea of taking time off to just be in love. <<Sigh>>

I also love hayseed Clark's technicalities,
"Superman didn't lie," Clark said innocently, but she noticed that the corners of his mouth were trying to turn up. "That was Jake. But now we'll have to decide where we're going to hide out tomorrow when the guy shows up again looking for my blood."
Me chuckles to myself. But if you're a kid of mine, the gloves come off. A lie is a lie, little missus.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard