M
mmouse Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
M
Nan!

I worship at your feet, o great one! notworthy

Thank you for continuing this story - I've loved the Wedding series since I found the archives and discovered your fics, and I'm so thrilled to see this continuation!

I'll add more feedback later - must get off the computer now, but wanted you to know that I noticed, and I love it!

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm confused with the time line here. Lois married Luthor? It's somewhere early second season and she knows about Clark's powers? Is there a prequel?

It's all interesting but help me out here. I want to follow!

Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
<g> It's in the intro to the story, Sheila. It lists the prequels. There are 3 stories: Wedding Day, Wedding Aftermath and Wedding Consequences.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Great continuation.

My goodness, Nan, the volume of stories you have put out for LnC. You've even got your own series guide.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Kerth
Kerth
/me forsees a talk between Rachel and Lois... wink

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
ARGH!!! I was sitting here yesterday thinking "Wow, we've gone from two Nan-fics a day to none - how sad!" And then I come here today and see Nan-fic, but I haven't read the Wedding series!!! I started 4 Days to Nightfall series the other night, but am only about 1/2 way through the second one [or maybe third, I forget... No, third, I finished the second].

Guess Nan-fic is on my list of things to do today too smile .
Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I love the B-plot feeling of this! laugh (I'm hopeless, aren't I?)

Martha Kent knocked on the wall before entering the room. "Lois's bed is all made up. You can have the couch, Clark -- unless...?" She looked hopefully at them. Lois and Clark looked at each other for a moment and simultaneously burst into laughter.

"We're not," Lois said between sputters, "unless you count huddling up to each other to keep warm at night in the mountains."

Martha laughed. "Oh well, six months isn't so long. You know where to find the blankets, Clark."

Clark could tell he was scarlet. "Mom, you're incorrigible!"

"Well, a mother can hope," Martha said, sending Lois into another fit of giggles.
Adorable!!!! smile1 I'm with Martha, which should come as no surprise! But I suspect that you are not, Nan, and I feel pretty certain that Clark isn't going to listen to his mother's advice this time.... wink

"*Did* you ever give a girl a hickey?"

He grinned. "No. It always seemed kind of mean to me -- sort of like a guy was trying to put his brand on a girl.
But while I wish that Clark was a little more forward in his relationship with Lois, I so approve of him for not giving girls (or women) hickeys! razz

Ah well, there you are, Nan - I'm all wrapped up in the B-plot. This first chapter of your story was very enjoyable, and I hope to see some developments on the B-plot front!

Ann

M
mmouse Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
M
OK, I'm back with real feedback, not that short little blurb I left you with.

I love that you started with Henderson.

It might be a hoax, but somehow he knew it wasn't. There was something very familiar about the soft voice with the Midwestern accent. For an instant, he wasn't able to identify the emotion that surged through him. It was sheer joy, followed an instant later by anger at the unnecessary worry that he had been enduring for over a week. "Where the devil have you been?"
And then he passes the favor on, which is such a nice touch.
"Hello, Perry," Henderson said, "I have some news ..."
And then the getting ready for bed - very nice. Martha cracked me up. It was spot-on.

"Well, a mother can hope," Martha said, sending Lois into another fit of giggles.
And Rachel is back! Very nicely done, and I could just hear that conversation between her and Clark. And I LOVED this little bit...
"Yeah. If you need me, call my cell phone," Rachel said. "And if any more of those vultures show up looking for the Kents, send them out by way of Potter's Slough, would you?"

Greg snorted. "Actually, I was thinking of Whittaker's Bog," he said. "That should keep them busy for a few hours. Especially if they take the long way around the lake and past the power station."

"Sounds even better," Rachel said, recalling the maze of rutted, dirt and gravel roads that the unfortunate members of the media would have to traverse. "Do that. Might let Dan, at the towing company, know if you do, so the truck can be out of service when they call. I'll be back in a couple of hours."
I grew up on a farm in a very small town, and I could easily see the folks I grew up with doing exactly that kind of prank to protect their own. Although (v. minor note) we'd have just said "Dan at the service station" because Dan would have owned the only gas station/garage in town (ok, the guy's name was Crow. Honest!).

Clark raised an eyebrow. "I'm still from Smallville. I never forget that."
Exactly. I've never forgotten either. I'm glad you put those words in Clark's mouth, because I do think Smallville is fundamental to who Clark is. Lois may have shaped Supes, but Smallville/Martha/Jonathon shaped Clark.

"I am. Give it time." She slipped her hand into his. "You keep telling me to have patience and stay out of the investigation in Metropolis, and I'm telling you the same thing about your powers. It's not easy for either of us but it's important. Superman will be back -- and so will Mad Dog Lane. Eventually."
Yeah! party We can hardly wait! "The Mrs." is going to get her come-uppance!

Really nice start to the story, Nan.

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think I'm psychic, because I re-read your Wedding series just yesterday! Usually I have very little time to enjoy fics during these weeks, but yesterday I wasn't felling so good and a Nan story is a great way to spend an afternoon! So I'm particularly happy to see a new Wedding story, and I can't wait to read your next posts! I like your B plot, and I like Rachel, so I'm hoping for a Lois' conversation with girl-next-door Rachel; is Lois still feeling a little jealous of Rachel, a woman who have known Clark all their life, and who hasn't broken Clark' heart only few weeks ago? Clark and Lois are pratically engaged now, so Lois shouldn't feel threaten by Rachel...
I'm looking forward your next post!

Simona smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great continuation. I had to skim Wedding Consequenses again to catch up, but I'm glad you're continuing this.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I couldn't pass up one of your fics, but I never read the Wedding series. So I just finished the other three stories just so I could catch up with this one.

Thank you for only posting once a week. I can't handle the stress of trying to read more than that. VBG

I like how this fits so seamlessly after the last post. It feels like one big story. I know it is one big story, but sometimes the mood changes between one story and the next. This is spot on.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard