Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
In case anyone is wondering why there is paper in the future... Well, I live in an area of the world that depends on its paper industry. Hence, my vision of Utopia does not include a paperless society laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ah, ML, you are a tricky one.

And there were certainly no grungy motel rooms there. And given the peeling paint and the cracked linoleum and the fact that none of their stuff seemed to be here - none of the stuff that normally cluttered up her bathroom - she could only conclude they were in some very cheap motel room.
The shower definitely sounds like it's the motel she and Clark hid in while on the lam.

OK, so on to the next major development ...
“You heard him, gnome! Blow!”

Gnome? Clark looked back at the floating man in shock. Surely Lois must mean that figuratively. “Lois...”

“How’d she do that?” the gnome asked. “You’re supposed to be frozen!”

“Yeah, well, I thawed out. And Clark’s not going anywhere, Mazeltov!”

“Mxyzptlk! Mister Mxyzptlk! Fine! Have it your way!”
Mister Mxyzptlk! Hah! Either you're laughing at us for not considering him as a source, or ...
After all, it was obvious that Tempus was, once again, playing with the past.
Mr. Mixit-up is a red herring and Tempus is really behind this.
dizzy
Still, since she was here, there was only one choice - to find that stupid Godzilla doll and get back to the Daily Planet.
rotflol LOL, you said you were going to torture Lois, but I didn't expect this.

“I hope so. But, still, that’s not nearly as bad as what Clark did.”

“He didn’t do anything different.”

“No? When he left his former self, he was x-raying the building where Lois and Luthor were hiding out. Superman busted in immediately, rescued Lois and took Luthor to jail. Luthor didn’t die in that collapsed building. A few years later, he escaped from prison and many more people died at his hands as he continued his criminal endeavors.”

“Oh god.”

“We have to brace for this quake. It’s going to be huge. By the time it’s over, some of us might not be here - especially if any of us have ancestors who Luthor killed when he continued his terror spree.”
shock Yikes! Maybe a future jump will change the changed future? Or, if it's Mr. Mix-n-match, everything will go back to the way it was once he's banished, right?

Great chapter ML. Can't wait to be confused some more tomorrow. wink
BJ

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Okay, yeah, definately confused enough to need two or more posts a day wink .

Uh oh - Clark's going to be in for it when HiM Lois isn't his Lois and his hands are roaming... I see only a very *slim* chance of him being able to convince her it was part of the charade.

So why can't Andrus or someone jump into the time window to the time when present day L/C have jumped to and tell them to do things EXACTLY the same.

Did Lois and Clark, *ahem* you know, at the motel? Did she get pregnant then? What was the point of that little jump?

Yep, another part today would really help clean things up!
Carol

Blogger
Blogger
Another good part! Especially since I noticed that somebody was making a little bit of progress toward a solution.

H.G. Wells looked down at the carpet that had replaced the marble floors following the latest time quake. What was taking the council so long to summon him? After all, it was obvious that Tempus was, once again, playing with the past. He continued nervously to fiddle with his soul tracker as he looked in frustration at the large doors leading to the council chambers, silently wishing they would open up and allow him admission.
laugh (Not saying anything...)

What had ever possessed her all those years ago to wear a skirt on this particular venture?

For she knew instantly where she was. She was at the Metropolis Sewage Reclamation Facility.
I'd have been sorely tempted to go home and get a change of clothes. Make that two changes of clothes: one for climbing through the sewer and one to change into afterwards.

When she got back to Clark... or, well, her Clark, she was going to make him take her to some deluxe spa in France for forcing her to go through that again! Oh, yes, Clark Kent was certainly going to pay!

Okay, so maybe she had deserved his little trick. After all, she had stolen a story from him only days before - something which still made her blush in shame whenever she thought about it. But he’d already gotten his revenge. And they’d moved past it, so why, oh why, did she have to suffer through this humiliation again?

She felt a flash of anger. In addition to that spa, he owed her a personal back massage! No, make that a full body massage!

“Yep.” He got up and lightly tapped her cheek. “Consider this a life lesson, Lois. No charge.”

“Uh, huh,” she said. And a bottle of wine. A really expensive bottle of wine. She’d decide later if she’d let him share it.
Ah, the Lois Torture! lol This is definitely one of the highlights! Poor, poor Lois. And to think, history would probably be better off if she had sat outside the facility until she jumped so that her younger self would still be eager to find Superman's ship. Ah, the irony!

It took her a lot more time to come to the realization that she couldn’t push Clark around without expecting him to push back.”

“But... that did change? She did learn that lesson eventually?” Remi asked.

“Yes. Eventually.”
I really, really, really want to see the story this opens up. Just how does Lois and Clark's interaction continue to develop? And by what circumstance does Lois finally learn not to push Clark too far. After all, if Clark doesn't think even a treck through the Sewage Reclamation Facility could bring Lois up short, he will have to come up with something even more drastic to convince her to ease off a bit. But of course, he can't be too drastic without doing something unforgivable in Lois's eyes. I think this little plot change could be a stand-alone story in its own right.

Superman busted in immediately, rescued Lois and took Luthor to jail. Luthor didn’t die in that collapsed building.
Uh, oh...

“Well, it seems that the problem is originating here. In this time. I’ve got... Well, we’ve even got a theory.”

“Well, for god’s sake, man. Don’t just stand there. Tell us.”

Instead of speaking, Andrus handed out a printout to each of the council members as the ground beneath them began to shake as the time quake from the latest leap began.

“Get that man in here,” William hissed, sending Andrus scrambling to do as commanded.
Once again, laugh

What was it about that comment that sounded familiar? And did it really matter when he was kissing Lois?
Yes, Mr. Can't-Change-History-Without-Dire-Consequence, it matters! But don't let me stop you.

BTW, I'm going to be really busy tomorrow night, so I may not have time to review. But I'll try to send something your way the first chance I get.

Thanks, for another great read!

~C Noetal (Quickly becomming addicted to her daily fix of ML's fic.)

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
razz

Geesh, it's a shame about Lois not respecting Clark, and about Luthor. eek

It's also a shame that Clark is going to die a slow, painful death once the maid leaves...Unless of course this is *his* Lois, or a Lois who's really secretly into the moment, like in "Rapture in Metropolis" or such fics.

I'm waiting now for Remi to either disappear or suddenly have more relatives. laugh

Will the Time-People be able to fix all this once it's over?? eek

EDIT: Why is Wells there, anyway? confused

~•~
M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It took her a lot more time to come to the realization that she couldn’t push Clark around without expecting him to push back.”

“But... that did change? She did learn that lesson eventually?” Remi asked.

“Yes. Eventually.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really, really, really want to see the story this opens up. Just how does Lois and Clark's interaction continue to develop? And by what circumstance does Lois finally learn not to push Clark too far. After all, if Clark doesn't think even a treck through the Sewage Reclamation Facility could bring Lois up short, he will have to come up with something even more drastic to convince her to ease off a bit. But of course, he can't be too drastic without doing something unforgivable in Lois's eyes. I think this little plot change could be a stand-alone story in its own right.
I SECOND THE MOTION!! laugh Thanks, ~C Noetal, that was a terrific thought. I couldn't resist quoting you.

Seriously, ML, this is great. The jumps are making sense still, your writing is wonderful as always, and I'm loving the little changes that you're making to the "canon" of the episodes.

When Clark realized he was lying on a bed kissing Lois, he put his full concentration into the task. After all, if something was worth doing, it was worth doing right. Deepening the kiss, he released the grip he had on her hands, allowing him to explore her body. He didn’t particularly care where or when he was just as long as he was allowed to keep kissing Lois.
That has to be one of my favorite moments in HiM, and there were quite a few great moments in that particular episode. Too bad Lois is going to kill him for it. rotflol

Seriously, you're starting to really get things rolling here. I can hardly wait for the next daily fix!

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
Merriwether
Merriwether
Uhoh. Yeah, that was a major blip in history. But my mind stuck on the fact that Lois remembers this time leaping as a dream. Hmmm. wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks for the comments, everyone. I seem to be running late here and I'm heading out again soon, so I'm going to get busy and get part ten posted while I have a chance.

Talk to you all later.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard