Print Thread
#41701 04/09/07 01:09 AM
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I vote for a sequel... wink

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#41702 04/09/07 02:54 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Nan - I was delighted to log on and find the last two parts!!! I read them last night when I didn't have time to comment so I'm going from memory...

So is "Lois Lane" *our* Lois? It makes sense based on what you said that Temper/Tempus came from *our* L/C universe where they've had time travel since the 19th century [or was it 1900s? I forget.] - in the form of HG I would imagine, even if it wasn't available to the general public.

If so, then Temper/us said that he was from a 3rd universe and Lois and Lois Luthor are both from alternate - to us - universes. It seems that Lois and Clark are back on the track similar to the one we're familiar with, but Lois Luthor and Clark are on a different one because of how everything changed. Am I following this right?

Which universe are you considering a sequel for [not that I ever turn down Nan fic smile ]? The Lois one or the Lois Luthor. I'd be interested to see how that Lois and Clark find their way to each other after the Lex fiasco. I know you mentioned it briefly, but I'd like to see details smile - I always like details.

Nice that Mortie and Bobby were replaced with futuristic counterparts who were able to help Lois, Lois and Clark.

Like I said, always love more Nan Fic so, I would read it, but I don't know that it's strictly necessary [barring a Temper/us escape to ruin everything - but that's not hinted at here].

That reminds me - I am so stinking far behind on your series with CJ et al... I really should put those on my 'to do' list now that HOME is done for the time being smile .
Carol

#41703 04/09/07 03:05 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
As I tried to infer, the Lois who is the main character is our Lois. That's why I said at the beginning that this story happens in the timeline of the series. This Tempus (or Temper) was an alternate Tempus from yet another universe who tampered with a parallel universe to hers, and tried to tamper with hers as well, but was caught by the time police of his own universe. This leaves the Tempus of Lois's universe to come back with Wells and cause all the trouble we saw in the second, third and fourth seasons.

The universe where Temper took her was another alternate world that we had never seen before, but which will now have a unique variation of Lois and Clark's history all its own.

I've been asked by a number of persons (you know who you are) to do a sequel to this story, exploring the other universe where Lois Luthor has just been shown the truth about Clark and told that the future of her universe depends on the "famous Lane/Kent romance". Obviously, Mortie, the time cop, used his memory device on our Lois, convincing her that it was all a dream, but even she isn't completely sure of that. He couldn't do it to the Clark and Lois of the other world, so that should lead to interesting complications of its own.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#41704 04/09/07 04:02 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Gotcha! I don't think I've ever seen a fic with a second Temper/us - so I just assumed it was the same one smile . I'd love to see more.

Visited the pages Pam set up with your series - didn't realize HOW far behind I was in Dagger series. EEP!!!

I have non-fic writing of my own to do [and am getting paid for it!!!! Not much but something smile ], but it is on my to do list smile .
Carol

#41705 04/09/07 05:21 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Nan, wonderful conclusion. clap

From Nan's post above:
Obviously, Mortie, the time cop, used his memory device on our Lois, convincing her that it was all a dream, but even she isn't completely sure of that.
It's an interesting take that post-Luthor Lois could have a dream of Clark-being-Superman and still think it's just a dream. I always thought that all Lois really needed was a clue to his dual identity and his disguise wouldn't be effective anymore. I suppose if she was still in denial, she'd want it to be a dream so she could keep her Superman fantasy. However, I got the feeling from part 1 that Lois was more aware of her feelings for her Clark and would have been able to put the pieces together. huh Still enjoyed your story, though.

It was great as is, but I would't complain if there were a sequal to either universe (or both wink )
BJ

#41706 04/09/07 08:09 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I really enjoyed this story Nan. thumbsup It was very fun. I am totally addicted to any story that is out of the norm or has anything to do with alt-timelines so this was right up my ally. Thanks so much for sharing it with us, it was a really fun ride.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#41707 04/09/07 10:29 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, I think this could use a sequel. How much does our Lois really remember? Particularly CK=S? I liked this take-charge Lois and her actions to defeat Lex. I read it on the DVD, but had to reread it here and liked it even better the second time.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#41708 04/09/07 05:36 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great ending! I'd totally read a sequel if you decided to write one...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#41709 04/10/07 06:59 AM
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Definetly vote for a sequel or two (both universes!!). Love your writing, Nan. Great to come back from vacation and see an entire story here!

Thanks!

Jo

#41710 04/11/07 05:17 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I had the privilege of BRing this story for Nan at the time.

I apologize for not leaving any comments on earlier posts of this, but RL has be just a little too much to keep up with everything and since I had already told you it was great(I'm sure I mentioned that at the time blush ) I didn't think I needed to post any.

Of course that is an idiotic notion. All FDK is needed! Duh!

Anywho, glad to finally see this available for everyone to read.

Please grovel by all means, write as many sequels as you want! I will always read Nanfic.

James(who is slowly working on his own multiple Tempus/Timpus tale.)

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#41711 04/11/07 12:56 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Thank you, everyone, for the feedback on this story. I've got some ideas for a sequel and will get back to it in due time <g>. I'm really glad people liked this idea because I wasn't at all sure that an alternate version of Tempus as the villain would be accepted.

Anyway, I'm glad everyone enjoyed the story. I'll be back with a sequel before long.

Nan

#41712 04/11/07 01:31 PM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Sorry not to have responded to this final part sooner, Nan. I definitely enjoyed it, and I think you did a masterful job of wrapping it up while still leaving enough questions to pique the readers' interest in a sequel. I think you left Lois #1 on the verge of a major epiphany, and Lois #2 with a lot to work out with her Clark. I'd love to see more of any or all of them!

Thanks for a wonderful story smile

Caroline

#41713 04/12/07 11:34 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Anyway, I'm glad everyone enjoyed the story. I'll be back with a sequel before long.
Woohoo! I can't wait for the sequel. I don't remember if I fdked any of the other parts but I enjoyed each and every one. thumbsup

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
#41714 04/14/07 08:05 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
He seemed to be enjoying the situation, so maybe she could distract him, stall, anything to keep him from harming Clark.

From harming Superman.
What an awful revelation. Clark was planning on telling his Lois. No fair that she'll never know that. On the other hand, it's nice that our Lois knows that.

By the way, you do a very nice job of sorting out which Lois is talking or moving, etc.

"My world in the twenty-second century is boring enough to drive you crazy. The only way to avoid insanity is to numb the brain to the point where you can't think," Temper said. "No crime, no war -- they got rid of the pirates that made space-travel exciting -- we've even made peace with the Grincii --"

"The who?" Lois asked.

"Ah, it doesn't matter. An alien race that was our main competition for trade with the New Kryptonian Empire. Nothing but peace and good will." Temper made a face and nudged Clark with the toe of his shoe.
Those little facts fill out a story so well. You don't digress long enough to detract, only enough to make it plausible.

I like the Timecorp cross time vehicle, as well. You do it in true Star Trek fashion. Mention the technobabble quickly and move on before the viewer has time to say, "Huh?"

The whole timeline will be my playground."
That's certainly a scary thought.

"I guess Mortie isn't the mild-mannered newsman, either."
Mild-mannered. Love it!

And the ending? Truly inspired.

Elisabeth

#41715 04/14/07 11:23 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Thanks, Elizabeth, and thanks to everyone who read and left feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed this little venture into my twisted imagination <g>. I have some ideas for a sequel and will get to it shortly -- as soon as I've brought the Wedding series to a conclusion.

Nan

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard